Gun Control Debate - Bothell, WA

Discuss the national Gun Control debate in Bothell, WA.

Would you support a ban on handguns?

Bothell opposes
Oppose
 
22
Support
 
5

Vote now in Bothell:

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Law

Papillion, NE

#103 Sep 18, 2012
marjod wrote:
I am afraid you cannot really separate crime from guns.
Afraid you can as crime has flourished longer than guns have been around.
marjod wrote:
The easier the access to guns is, the faster the violence escalates.
No. The larger the quantity of those intent on harming others, the faster the violence escalates.
Guns were more readily available before the Gun COntrol Act of 1968. S0 why weren't the violent crime numbers higher then than now?
marjod wrote:
I am clearly not a fan of comparison but it is true that European countries, where gun owning is controlled, have a much lower crime rate.
Homicide rate by gun. But not violent crime rate. But again, they don't have the same cocio-economic variables as the US so a comaprison is indeed not applicabel. Mexico has extremely tight gun control laws. So why all the violenc there?
marjod wrote:
Now, about that map, it is a good idea, but what about coming back when you have enough votes ? I mean, look at it https://poutsch.com/question/1001866 ! How can you base an argument on such small data !
Wasn't my map.
Ze'ev Harris

Bothell, WA

#104 Oct 29, 2012
Restricting legal handgun purchases hasn't increased public safety in the past, and doesn't affect criminal motive. Public outcry will be more effective if applied to a call for more effective psychiatric institutionalization, and a reform of the US prison system. Furthermore, a harder look at the the relationship between widespread anti-depressant use, poverty, and divorce should also be considered.
Ok if you say so

Woodinville, WA

#105 Oct 31, 2012
Craig Brumbaugh wrote:
Well I aint anti gun and I own a few but yes I'd support a ban on guns.
1. Too many folks walkin around with guns cuz their scared of their own shadows.
2. 99% of people are just too dumb and irresponsible to safely handle firearms. Thats a fact.
3. If you're that worried about defending yourself get a taser or some mace.
4. Most gun owners end up either shooting themselves or other innocent people. Ya walk around with a hammer long enough eventually you'll find a nail to pound.
5. There aint a legitimate reason anyone needs any gun. Melt them all for all I care.
Wow, I wish you would use proper English. That would go a long way in supporting your stance.
Ed

Bellingham, WA

#108 Mar 10, 2013
The right of self protection is a birthright

Since: Mar 13

Davao City, Philippines

#109 Mar 21, 2013
Crooks and criminals won't follow a ban on handguns. If the concern is about irresponsible gun owners then I believe the root of that problem is something else entirely.
outraged

Lewisburg, TN

#110 Mar 28, 2013
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns
outraged

Lewisburg, TN

#111 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking Man wrote:
Some of you "sheep" still don't get it. You're not thinking clearly when you blame the gun for the violence. It's not accurate, nor is it intelligent. If our courts actually PUNISHED criminals, it would deter crime. Also, those cities with the most restrictive gun control laws have the highest amount of violent crime, including gun violence! It's not my opinion, it's FACT look it up and you will see.(Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit, Baltimore, Los Angeles, etc) guns and law-abiding citizens are NOT the problem and further restrictions only hurt them. Criminals don't follow the laws we have now, so why would you expect more gun laws to be the answer??? If you do, you're an idiot.
I would like to pop a cap in some of the bleeding heart liberals. Chicago, Washington DC are prime examples of how gun control works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bothell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Around the county Nov 16 Puget Lowland 1
Mountlake Terrace Garage Door Repair Oct 30 CroteauLatimer 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mountlake Terrace, WA Oct '14 Elise Gingerich 1
Makah to celebrate dock completion today in Nea... Oct '14 Elise Gingrich 1
breast feed me like a baby Oct '14 michael j carl 1
Romance blossoms on King Co. Metro bus (Apr '08) Oct '14 Sodom Hussy 2
Kenmore City Council elects new deputy mayor Oct '14 Florence Englet 1

Related Topics

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]