Gun Control Debate - Berkeley, CA

Discuss the national Gun Control debate in Berkeley, CA.

Would you support a ban on handguns?

Berkeley opposes
Oppose
 
9
Support
 
3

Vote now in Berkeley:

Jon

Berkeley, CA

#1 Sep 27, 2010
Bans on handguns only limit the law-abiding citizen's ability to protect themselves. Criminals are not affected by bans as they do not obey the law by definition.
billy the kid

Burlingame, CA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
outlaw any firearm and only outlaws will have firearms,i believe an armed society is a polite society.
Dean Martin

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Nov 18, 2010
Great idea. Leave all the victims unarmed.
Bob

Berkeley, CA

#4 Jan 23, 2012
2nd Amendment
Doug

Berkeley, CA

#5 Jan 24, 2012
Handguns can and do provide any law-abiding citizen with means to exercise their natural right to self-preservation.
DLR

Berkeley, CA

#6 Jul 19, 2012
Banning guns will not work people will still have them. People commit crimes not guns or knives.
Susan

Alameda, CA

#7 Nov 1, 2013
Too many wrongful killings
Law

La Vista, NE

#8 Nov 6, 2013
Susan wrote:
Too many wrongful killings
Agreed. What is your point?
Scully

Berkeley, CA

#9 Dec 29, 2013
Taking guns out of illegal and unregistered circulation will be a very long process. It will not however be any more dangerous than leaving them in circulation. Far more people are harmed by guns than incident where a gun owner stops a crime.
NRA

Pleasanton, CA

#10 Dec 31, 2013
In California, illegally possessing a loaded or concealed firearm is just a misdemeanor. Time to make it a felony.
Law

La Vista, NE

#11 Jan 27, 2014
Scully wrote:
Taking guns out of illegal and unregistered circulation will be a very long process. It will not however be any more dangerous than leaving them in circulation. Far more people are harmed by guns than incident where a gun owner stops a crime.
Do you have a cite to reliable statistics to back that assertion up?
Law

La Vista, NE

#12 Jan 27, 2014
NRA wrote:
In California, illegally possessing a loaded or concealed firearm is just a misdemeanor. Time to make it a felony.
By who's definition of "illegal"?
NRA

Pleasanton, CA

#13 Jan 27, 2014
Law wrote:
<quoted text>By who's definition of "illegal"?
Look up 12025 and 12031 of the CA Penal Code.
Law

La Vista, NE

#14 Jan 29, 2014
NRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up 12025 and 12031 of the CA Penal Code.
So they spell out the arbitrary and capricious way that law enforcement and the state government can decide who should be allowed to exercise a right. That's another reason why the state is in trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr TOASTER 19,919
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 17 hr Brittle Fingers 17,026
News Four charged in triple stabbing at San Leandro bar 17 hr Mr. Blunt 1
News Two Men Stabbed in Weekend Bar Fight (May '11) Fri kind1urnt 17
News Mills College President to Step Down Amid Repor... Thu Sedgewick P Hunsa... 2
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... Thu Swedenforever 16
News Plan for 'Chain of Lakes' in Livermore, Pleasan... (Aug '06) May 19 unspotted boy 7

Related Topics

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]