Gay Marriage Debate - St. Louis, MO

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in St. Louis, MO.

Do you support gay marriage?

St. Louis opposes
Oppose
 
272
Support
 
245

Vote now in St. Louis:

Comments (Page 26)

Showing posts 501 - 520 of532
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#552
May 6, 2013
 
Correction Please wrote:
<quoted text>
What on Earth is that supposed to mean ???
LOL
that simply means everyone capable of love deserves the same rights.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#553
May 7, 2013
 
Waynedandy wrote:
Its a God given right love and everyone capable of love deserve the same rights and anyone else.
^^^This is a justification for polygamy, adult brother/sister incest marriage, bestial marriage or anything else you'd care to define as love. They use emotion instead of reason; that's why we don't want them to rewrite our marriage laws.

Since: May 13

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#554
May 8, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is a justification for polygamy, adult brother/sister incest marriage, bestial marriage or anything else you'd care to define as love. They use emotion instead of reason; that's why we don't want them to rewrite our marriage laws.
your talking about a secondary
Sexual act if you're going lump them together so why not say your obsessed with whom I have sex with not whom I wed? You think you should control that part of my life? Your ate up with stupid pure stupid... Blip other words explain it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#555
May 9, 2013
 
Same sex cohabitation is legal in every state; nobody cares who you have sex with. Get over yourself.

The issue is changing marriage law for everyone. You have freedom to travel to a state that licenses same sex marriage or have a religious same sex marriage here in Missouri, nobody cares. We jut don't want to include gender segregation marriage when we've already got perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.

Since: May 13

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#556
May 9, 2013
 
Please say you didn't reproduce, you lacked oxygen during your birth. You an idiot at best. Do the world a favor, leave the thinking to the people whom are capable. There is no arguing with a idiot.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#557
May 9, 2013
 
I don't use ad hominem arguments, they are fallacies. I prefer reason.

Do you want to discuss the issue or use childish insults?

Since: May 13

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#558
May 9, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
I don't use ad hominem arguments, they are fallacies. I prefer reason.
Do you want to discuss the issue or use childish insults?
Dude no argument I don't ask permission from anyone I deserve the same right you have period. I'm not asking.
Dee

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#559
May 9, 2013
 
I'm not gay, but I don't care if anyone else is....why should I care?!

Since: May 13

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#560
May 9, 2013
 
Exactly thank you
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#561
May 9, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
I don't use ad hominem arguments, they are fallacies. I prefer reason.
Do you want to discuss the issue or use childish insults?
Who you trying to kid. You do not use arguments...Arguments can be substtiated. When asked to substantuate the one of 20 catch phrases you continue to spew... you dont... you back off, tell someone else to look up proof of whatyou say... or say other laughable things.. like a guy resigninghis position for being heterosexual.. You never have admitted your lie there... probably never will

Since: May 13

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#562
May 9, 2013
 
All I know is I'm gay and I shouldn't have to ask approval to get married to him it's a issue that never should exist. Period
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#563
May 9, 2013
 
Waynedandy wrote:
All I know is I'm gay and I shouldn't have to ask approval to get married to him it's a issue that never should exist. Period
I can tell you exactly what he will say..." There is no reason why you can not marry. Everyone has equal rights in marrying. All males can marry females... thus it is equal....."

This is they same guy who believes that the constitution says women are not equal to men, and that a polititcian resigned his office for being hetero sexual....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#564
May 9, 2013
 
We live in a nation of laws, our legislature is accountable to the people. You can't change marriage law without the consent of the governed.

In that sense, same sex marriage is like forced marriage. If you can change marriage laws without the consent of the people, nothing protects our consent standards; so same sex marriage is like pedophile marriage.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#565
May 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
We live in a nation of laws, our legislature is accountable to the people. You can't change marriage law without the consent of the governed.
In that sense, same sex marriage is like forced marriage. If you can change marriage laws without the consent of the people, nothing protects our consent standards; so same sex marriage is like pedophile marriage.
We live in a nation of laws, our legislature is accountable to the people. You can't change marriage law without the consent of the governed."

Really... how did that work out for Virginia in the loving case?...The law was no interracial... it was changed... with out consensus...

Still waiting for you to admit you lied when you said that polititian was forced to resign for being heterosexual.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#566
May 10, 2013
 
Loving v Virginia is US Supreme Court precedent for male/female marriage. Racial differences are slight and unimportant but gender differences are great and essential to the survival of the human race.

Mark Sanford resigned from the Governors association because of irresponsible heterosexual behavior; thank goodness the voters didn't hold that against him when he won a seat in Congress.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#567
May 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
Loving v Virginia is US Supreme Court precedent for male/female marriage. Racial differences are slight and unimportant but gender differences are great and essential to the survival of the human race.
Mark Sanford resigned from the Governors association because of irresponsible heterosexual behavior; thank goodness the voters didn't hold that against him when he won a seat in Congress.
precedent for male/female marriage. Racial differences are slight and unimportant but gender differences are great and essential to the survival of the human race."

Wrong again professor... M/F marriage was not an argument in the case. Virginia did not say MF could not marry... the aregument was on race... Which at the time was of MAJOR importance..
Efrain Rios Montt

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#568
May 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
but gender differences are great and essential to the survival of the human race.
.
with the assumption that all humans will become gay if same sex marriage is allowed.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#570
May 10, 2013
 
No, my assumption is that "[gender differences are] essential to the survival of the human race."

I've never claimed "that all humans will become gay if same sex marriage is allowed", those are Efrain's words, not mine.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#571
May 11, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
No, my assumption is that "[gender differences are] essential to the survival of the human race."
I've never claimed "that all humans will become gay if same sex marriage is allowed", those are Efrain's words, not mine.
Still you have not admitted your lie.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#572
May 11, 2013
 
I don't lie and I don't defame my political opponents; this is where we differ. I've read many posts from C.O.N. and other same sex marriage supporters who believe truth is secondary to 'gay rights'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 501 - 520 of532
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Louis Discussions

Search the St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Muslim in the White House 95,344
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel 18,561
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr Claire 265
its a fearful thing to fall into THE HANDS OF T... 9 hr Focus On The Family 3
Can someone pay Topix to obtain an IP address 10 hr truth 2
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 12 hr guest 6,904
Herbal Incense (Jul '12) Sun Mikel 17

St. Louis Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]