Gay Marriage Debate - Richmond, VA

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Richmond, VA.

Do you support gay marriage?

Richmond opposes
Oppose
 
245
Support
 
228

Vote now in Richmond:

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of267
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jewell

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 27, 2010
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge He will direct your paths...
Waiter Earl

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 27, 2010
 
I have no problems with gays marrying, i actually think the state should only recognize civil unions in everyone, since people want to use their own personal religious beliefs to with hold civil rights to a group of people, seperation of church and state
VaGirl

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 27, 2010
 
My vote won't go through. I don't want to post a reason. I just want to vote.
JoJo

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 29, 2010
 
I believe the Bible instructs us not to be joined together with the same sex. I don't hate gays (my brother-in-law is gay and I love him so much), even though I believe it (the act) is a sin. But we all have sinned and they are no worse than us. I don't believe in what they are doing anymore than a man and woman sleeping together outside of marriage. But they should be allowed to have a civil ceremony if they choose, but not marriage as ordained by God.
Shellz

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 30, 2010
 
If it were meant to be gay relationship, then every same sex will be attracted to the same sex. What happened to are our morals? If we keep supporting wrong, wrong will follow us. This country has become Sodom and Gomorrah! Watch out!
ASH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 3, 2010
 
JoJo wrote:
I believe the Bible instructs us not to be joined together with the same sex. I don't hate gays (my brother-in-law is gay and I love him so much), even though I believe it (the act) is a sin. But we all have sinned and they are no worse than us. I don't believe in what they are doing anymore than a man and woman sleeping together outside of marriage. But they should be allowed to have a civil ceremony if they choose, but not marriage as ordained by God.
Another close minded idiot.:: I don't hate gays (my brother-in-law is gay and I love him so much), even though I believe it (the act) is a sin.:: Please spare us.
ASH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 3, 2010
 
Shellz wrote:
If it were meant to be gay relationship, then every same sex will be attracted to the same sex. What happened to are our morals? If we keep supporting wrong, wrong will follow us. This country has become Sodom and Gomorrah! Watch out!
Did you read what an idiotic post you just wrote? If it were meant to be? Please, what about the couple that divorce? they were supposed to be "meant to be as well" or blacks and whites together? hispanics and blacks? a 20 year old and 40 year old? was that meant to be? We all love different- thats what was meant to be, that there is someone for everyone... who are you to judge?? Oh thats right, you think you have the right to judge someone else because you are perfect.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 3, 2010
 
I support marriage for same-sex couples, because all legal citizens deserve a piece of the American equality pie. Luckily a majority of people on topix and voters in this city so far agree! It's the decent and human thing to do. The fact that a majority of voters here support it from all across the country is a really big step in the right direction. Equality for all, or no-one is equal.
Mother of Kings

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 3, 2010
 
I don't agree with homosexuality, but the fact of the matter is that everyone deserves equal opportunity to be happy. Forty, fifty years ago people made the same comments about interracial marriage, being the product of one Im selfishly very happy that that mindset changed. Bottom line: you don't have to like something to respect it, gays should be given the right to marry if they chose. You can't decide for others how they should live, you can only determine what you do.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 3, 2010
 
Shellz wrote:
If it were meant to be gay relationship, then every same sex will be attracted to the same sex. What happened to are our morals? If we keep supporting wrong, wrong will follow us. This country has become Sodom and Gomorrah! Watch out!
What type of argument is that? If we were "meant" to be gay? I'm pretty sure it isn't a decision. Everyone would be gay if it were right? Wouldn't that be similar to saying everyone would be straight if that were right? Our morals? Well, my morals tell me hate is wrong. So does the Bible. You know, the thing you justify your hate with. I guess the majority of topix citizens agree with me also. Maybe you should recognize that your morals are yours alone, and not everyone follows them. If you choose to be anti-gay, whatever. Stop making excuses for it.

P.S. Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.
VaGirl

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 3, 2010
 
Flyboy-Please give me proof that Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 3, 2010
 
VaGirl wrote:
Flyboy-Please give me proof that Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.
Ezekiel 16:49-50.
crazy indian

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 3, 2010
 
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>What type of argument is that? If we were "meant" to be gay? I'm pretty sure it isn't a decision. Everyone would be gay if it were right? Wouldn't that be similar to saying everyone would be straight if that were right? Our morals? Well, my morals tell me hate is wrong. So does the Bible. You know, the thing you justify your hate with. I guess the majority of topix citizens agree with me also. Maybe you should recognize that your morals are yours alone, and not everyone follows them. If you choose to be anti-gay, whatever. Stop making excuses for it.
P.S. Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.
fly boy" you are one unread dumb ass. sodom and gomorrah was all about homosexuality. take some time to read, befor you write.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 3, 2010
 
crazy indian wrote:
<quoted text> fly boy" you are one unread dumb ass. sodom and gomorrah was all about homosexuality. take some time to read, befor you write.
Ezekiel 16:49-50.
carrie

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 7, 2010
 
I am married in the eyes of God, now I want the government to recognize it.

Since: Feb 10

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 7, 2010
 
carrie wrote:
I am married in the eyes of God, now I want the government to recognize it.
Says who? Which government?
Beau Williams

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 8, 2010
 
I want nothing less for everyone, than I want for myself. Happiness.
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 8, 2010
 
VaGirl wrote:
Flyboy-Please give me proof that Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality.
__________
VaGirl-Please give us proof that Sodom and Gomorrah had something to do with homosexuality. Lots of things are written in books that are not true. Besides, a marriage License is issued by the government, not a church. You do not even have to believe in God to be married.
Personally, I have more of an issue with divorce then with marriage.{For the record, I am not an atheist.}
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 8, 2010
 
I do not see the point. If it is for tax/medical benefits/legal wills, etc, I believe a legal union should suffice. I really do not see what the big deal is here in Virginia about gay marriage, gays in Virginia are not protected under equal rights laws period. You can be fired, denied, and yes, even hated. You should be spending your efforts on getting your rights before even thinking about getting married.
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 8, 2010
 
Hmmm, tried to vote, but it didn't do anything when I clicked "send" - I voted No, and here is why:

I do not see the point. If it is for tax/medical benefits/legal wills, etc, I believe a legal union should suffice. I really do not see what the big deal is here in Virginia about gay marriage, gays in Virginia are not protected under equal rights laws period. You can be fired, denied, and yes, even hated (crimes against gays are not considered "hate" crimes in VA). You should be spending your efforts on getting your rights before even thinking about getting married.

I have been married twice, you can have'm both!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of267
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 4 hr Hoolio 2,539
4 Billion dollars 16 hr Ludwig 1
More than 100 Hampton police officers want back... 20 hr Steven 11
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) Wed barefoot2626 11,387
Betsy Willoughby Wed Hmm 1
Review: Golden Goat (Aug '10) Wed Dont do it 29
Kelly Dinelle Payne (Mar '06) Tue greg in central va 54

Richmond Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]