Gay Marriage Debate - Pinckney, MI

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Pinckney, MI.

Do you support gay marriage?

Pinckney undecided
Support
 
18
Oppose
 
18

Vote now in Pinckney:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1 Jul 27, 2010
It protects families on all levels and harms no one. It's clearly a civil right.
Robyn

Dexter, MI

#2 Jul 30, 2010
There is already a legal definition of marriage:
The legal status, condition, or relationship that results from a contract by which one man and one woman, who have the capacity to enter into such an agreement, mutually promise to live together in the relationship of Husband and Wife in law for life, or until the legal termination of the relationship.

I do not think that marriage should be redefined to suit a specific group of people who do not meet the standard definition of 'marriage'.

However - I do think that gays and lesbians have the right to petition our government to define, recognize and legalize gay/lesbian unions. These couples should be protected as couples just as a marriage between a man and woman is when it comes to taxes, making medical decisions and even (unfortunately) when there is a breakdown in the relationship and an equitable solution is required. Right now there is no real protection for gay/lesbian couples. I can look at how I would feel if something were to happen to my husband and his famiuly came in and took over the medical and financial decisions because ours isn't a leagally recognised relationship even if we have spent the last 20 years together. My marriage protects my right to make decisions on his behalf - gays/lesbians should also have that right.
RHinChelsea

Dexter, MI

#4 Jul 30, 2010
Sorry for the triple play - it wasn't taking the vote so I tried to just post what I had said and how I voted.... Stupid Topix.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#6 Aug 2, 2010
Robyn wrote:
....I do not think that marriage should be redefined to suit a specific group of people who do not meet the standard definition of 'marriage'.....
I'm glad you go on to say that you believe GLBT folks should have equal legal rights, despite your claim above. My thought when I saw it was, "What if *you* were one of that 'specific group of people who do not meet the standard definition of 'marriage''"???

Would you think it's reasonable for you to have to fight the government because a bunch or religious zealots put unconstitutional legislation on the books to force their personal religious beliefs onto others?? Somehow I doubt you'd be pleased.

Personally, I couldn't care less who anyone else marries and I'm amazed that anyone cares who *I* marry.
tony amadoor

Athens, AL

#7 Aug 3, 2010
....let the scum bags do what they want to do with each other as it gives the farm animals a reprieve from the sexual perversions all queers will do to them if denied humping, sucking and butt plugging their own..

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#8 Aug 4, 2010
tony amadoor wrote:
....let the ...(not worth repeating)..
Hey, Tony. Grow up.
tony amadoor

Athens, AL

#9 Aug 4, 2010
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Tony. Grow up.
....go lay down, btch....

“Please Help? accident witness”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 4, 2010
tony amadoor wrote:
....let the scum bags do what they want to do with each other as it gives the farm animals a reprieve from the sexual perversions all queers will do to them if denied humping, sucking and butt plugging their own..
I can only hope one day your offspring come to you and tell you they are gay!
tony amadoor

Athens, AL

#11 Aug 4, 2010
idhlpu wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only hope one day your offspring come to you and tell you they are gay!
...be happy as that happened 7 years ago. he died of aids later on, hope that makes your day a little brighter scumbag...

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#12 Aug 5, 2010
tony amadoor wrote:
<quoted text>
....go lay down, btch....
LOL!! You WISH!!
Cher

United States

#13 Aug 7, 2010
"Marriage" is between a man and a women. Same sex relationships should be called by a different name.
Cher

United States

#14 Aug 7, 2010
Marriage, is a name given to a man and a women. A relationship beterrn same sex partners should be given a different name

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#15 Aug 7, 2010
Cher wrote:
"Marriage" is between a man and a women. Same sex relationships should be called by a different name.
Why?

“Please Help? accident witness”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Aug 15, 2010
tony amadoor wrote:
<quoted text>
...be happy as that happened 7 years ago. he died of aids later on, hope that makes your day a little brighter scumbag...
Clearly you are speaking of a person who did not care about himself or he would have protected himself. I knew of a man who died from aids before it was discovered what caused it. This was a nice person who never spoke badly of anyone, would help anyone and not ask for anything in return, nor take anything offered (and I am not speaking of sex as you are intending to reply). You say gays would have sex with animals. I do not know how true it is, but I once heard during WWII some of the men fighting overseas would after not being within distance of towns for some time, would come upon animals and have sex with them,then came home to their wives or girlfriends-they were not gay.

I feel sorry for you, you say gays would go after farm animals. Only disgusting, sick, perverted comments such as the ones you have made tells who is a scumbag! It definitely is not me. Hopefully God will forgive you in time for the hatred you carry.
tony amadoor

Auburn, AL

#17 Aug 15, 2010
idhlpu wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you are speaking of a person who did not care about himself or he would have protected himself. I knew of a man who died from aids before it was discovered what caused it. This was a nice person who never spoke badly of anyone, would help anyone and not ask for anything in return, nor take anything offered (and I am not speaking of sex as you are intending to reply). You say gays would have sex with animals. I do not know how true it is, but I once heard during WWII some of the men fighting overseas would after not being within distance of towns for some time, would come upon animals and have sex with them,then came home to their wives or girlfriends-they were not gay.
I feel sorry for you, you say gays would go after farm animals. Only disgusting, sick, perverted comments such as the ones you have made tells who is a scumbag! It definitely is not me. Hopefully God will forgive you in time for the hatred you carry.
...you must be a catcher then, you let the critters take you on...

“Please Help? accident witness”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#18 Aug 15, 2010
tony amadoor wrote:
<quoted text>
...you must be a catcher then, you let the critters take you on...
It is sad you do not understand what you speak of yourself. I will pray for you.
tony amadoor

Auburn, AL

#19 Aug 15, 2010
idhlpu wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad you do not understand what you speak of yourself. I will pray for you.
...pray for your own skanky az, pervert...
Lorraine

West Plains, MO

#20 Sep 15, 2010
Marriage should be between a man and a woman! Common sense has gone out the window.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#21 Sep 16, 2010
Lorraine wrote:
Marriage should be between a man and a woman! Common sense has gone out the window.
Very true. When idiots stay things like you just said, common sense have DEFINITELY gone out the window.
L

Northville, MI

#22 Sep 16, 2010
I believe that love is love, no matter what sex it is with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinckney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colone needs to truly apologize (Jul '06) Jul 2 Brandon 7
News News Briefs: Brighton Big Boy's closure only te... (Dec '13) Jun '15 DTown 5
News 'Tiny house' movement wins followers and detrac... Mar '15 Dikate 1
News Lawsuit: Boss at U-M call center mailed woman b... Mar '15 kev 1
any milfs with big boobs want to exchange pictu... Feb '15 Benjiboy21 1
New business in Pinckney? Feb '15 Chiro1 1
wedding chapel in Hell, Michigan (Mar '09) Jan '15 tony amadoor 22
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]