Gay Marriage Debate - Oklahoma City, OK

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Oklahoma City, OK.

Do you support gay marriage?

Oklahoma City opposes
Oppose
 
320
Support
 
284

Vote now in Oklahoma City:

heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2890 Jul 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What's this "bi." stuff? Is that innuendo?
H&M sides with suing a business owner over the decision not to service a same sex marriage, if you oppose same sex marriage he'd put you out of business just as fast. If you value feeding your family, keep marriage one man and one woman.
i side with the laws of the state. you're the one that opposes following public secular laws. you'd be the one paying fines and facing court cases, not me fella.

if you value feeding your family, as i do, follow the laws of this nation and each state. then you won't get into legal problems.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2891 Jul 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
heart shouldn't you be contacting obama to let him know you have solved the mystery as to whether someone is born gay? Everyone else is wasting their time in that debate.
anti, why don't you go snuggle up with ted haggard?

LOL.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2892 Jul 22, 2013
great example heart.........a gay Christian. Not possible.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2893 Jul 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
great example heart.........a gay Christian. Not possible.
you know so little.

do you know just how funny you are? LOL.
AngelAngle

Dallas, TX

#2894 Jul 23, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you know so little.
do you know just how funny you are? LOL.
John 14:6

Jesus said to him,ďI am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

JESUS NOTHING ABOUT BEING GAY. NOT TO MENTION YOU STILL HAVE PROVIDED NO EVIDENCE WHY ANYONE SHOULD LIVE BY THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PLACE.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2895 Jul 23, 2013
oh angel.........your hate for God is sad. Did you honestly expect the verse to mention homosexuality? I mean really. Why don't you quote the verses that say homosexuality is wrong and sinful and no sin will enter heaven.
AngelAngle

Dallas, TX

#2896 Jul 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
oh angel.........your hate for God is sad. Did you honestly expect the verse to mention homosexuality? I mean really. Why don't you quote the verses that say homosexuality is wrong and sinful and no sin will enter heaven.
As I have said before I have no hate for anyone.

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality was my point.

It absolutely does say for a man to lie with another man is an abomination in Leviticus.

Why do you so passionately gos by this command yet if you read a little further it says:
Leviticus 19:10

Common English Bible
Also do not pick your vineyard clean or gather up all the grapes that have fallen there. Leave these items for the poor and the immigrant; I am the LORD your God.

You spoke out very passionately against immigration and welfare yesterday when your god clearly commands you to take care of those less fortunate than yourself.

How will you explain your picking and choosing of certain texts?

Most of Leviticus is explaining the proper way to sacrifice and animal and sprinkle its blood around. It speaks of this a lot more than homosexuality.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2897 Jul 23, 2013
I never said people shouldn't be allowed to immigrate to this country or that there wasn't a place for welfare or foot stamps. I said there it too much ILLEGAL immigration and TOO MANY people rely on welfare as a way of life. You think that is how you help people???????

Of course Jesus didn't speak of homosexuality just like He never talked about a lot things. He did, however, refer back to the old testament many times. God created Adam and Eve........enough said.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2898 Jul 23, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
i side with the laws of the state. you're the one that opposes following public secular laws. you'd be the one paying fines and facing court cases, not me fella.
Quite true; h&m is the one supporting these new laws that let's the Washington State AG sue a private businesswoman because she won't service a same sex wedding and I'm on the side of freedom of conscience and speech. When same sex marriage becomes law, conservatives get fined, harassed by the IRS and the left rejoices.

This doesn't do any good for anybody, that's why same sex marriage is bad.

.
heartandmind wrote:
if you value feeding your family, as i do, follow the laws of this nation and each state. then you won't get into legal problems.
Speak out about the law, tell your representatives what you think and elect those that share our values.

In 2008 Obama ran on marriage as one man and one woman. He said:

http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/08/17/ful...
WARREN: Thereís a lot more Iíd like to ask on that. We have 15 other questions here. Define marriage.
OBAMA: I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian ó for me ó for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. Godís in the mix. But Ė
WARREN: Would you support a Constitutional Amendment with that definition?
OBAMA: No, I would not.
WARREN: Why not?
OBAMA: Because historically ó because historically, we have not defined marriage in our constitution. Itís been a matter of state law. That has been our tradition. I mean, letís break it down. The reason that people think there needs to be a constitutional amendment, some people believe, is because of the concern that ó about same-sex marriage. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions. I do believe that we should not ó that for gay partners to want to visit each other in the hospital for the state to say, you know what, thatís all right, I donít think in any way inhibits my core beliefs about what marriage are. I think my faith is strong enough and my marriage is strong enough that I can afford those civil rights to others, even if I have a different perspective or different view.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2899 Jul 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Quite true; h&m is the one supporting these new laws that let's the Washington State AG sue a private businesswoman because she won't service a same sex wedding and I'm on the side of freedom of conscience and speech. When same sex marriage becomes law, conservatives get fined, harassed by the IRS and the left rejoices.
This doesn't do any good for anybody, that's why same sex marriage is bad.
.
<quoted text>Speak out about the law, tell your representatives what you think and elect those that share our values.
In 2008 Obama ran on marriage as one man and one woman. He said:
http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/08/17/ful...
WARREN: Thereís a lot more Iíd like to ask on that. We have 15 other questions here. Define marriage.
OBAMA: I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian ó for me ó for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. Godís in the mix. But Ė
WARREN: Would you support a Constitutional Amendment with that definition?
OBAMA: No, I would not.
WARREN: Why not?
OBAMA: Because historically ó because historically, we have not defined marriage in our constitution. Itís been a matter of state law. That has been our tradition. I mean, letís break it down. The reason that people think there needs to be a constitutional amendment, some people believe, is because of the concern that ó about same-sex marriage. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions. I do believe that we should not ó that for gay partners to want to visit each other in the hospital for the state to say, you know what, thatís all right, I donít think in any way inhibits my core beliefs about what marriage are. I think my faith is strong enough and my marriage is strong enough that I can afford those civil rights to others, even if I have a different perspective or different view.
new law? think again. it was enacted in 2009. enough time for everyone to have heard about the law and figured out how to abide by it. and if you'd READ the law, bi, you'd have seen that it is not the AG it is the individual that is wronged that does the sueing.

yeah...and obama's since evolved, as he stated last year. he's learned a few things since that statement. i guess you guys never learn anything new.

so obama toed the line to get elected, just the same as any other politician. please tell me you're not surprised that he said whatever took to get elected. and you know what i find interesting? in the quote you used above, he outright said he was a christian, as he has many other times, yet it's the idiotic conservative tea party nutjobs that keep trying to paint him into the muslim corner. and you've in the past claimed to have spoken for the tea partiers, bi. so now what are you telling us? that you finally believe that he's a christian?

look, bi, scotus ruled. they made their decision. they stated that thelower courts ruling on prop 8 stand. they ruled section 3 of doma is unconstitutional. when will you grasp those facts?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2900 Jul 24, 2013
Ms. Stutzman refused to provide services to a same sex marriage ceremony; that law was effective on December 6th 2012, a date that will live in infamy.

Keep marriage one man and one woman, or you could be sued next for voicing and acting on your principles.

What's with calling me "bi"? Is that supposed to be an insult or innuendo?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2901 Jul 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ms. Stutzman refused to provide services to a same sex marriage ceremony; that law was effective on December 6th 2012, a date that will live in infamy.
Keep marriage one man and one woman, or you could be sued next for voicing and acting on your principles.
What's with calling me "bi"? Is that supposed to be an insult or innuendo?
the law protecting or declaring that discrimination based up on sexual preference was enacted in 2009. if that law hadn't have been enacted in the first place, then there would have been no recourse for the couple. so, no, it's not new. and it's a pity that your for both discrimination and breaking the law.

go over to the other thread where you asked me that before and where i answer it bi. there in lies the answer to your question. you ignored it and i even posted your answer and another question twice. i won't repeat myself again just because you want to avoid the initial question again.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2902 Jul 25, 2013
Ms. Stutzman never discriminated based on sexual preference, she decided not to support a same sex marriage ceremony. It has nothing to do with sexual preference, I'll bet she would do the same for polygamists or straight same sex couples marrying for convenience instead of sex. You have no proof she discriminated based on sexual preference, in fact the couple who sued had shopped from Stutzman the past and were treated well enough as to desire her services for their same sex wedding.

The problem is, the suit is based on a lie. This issue is same sex marriage, the left wants to make it about discrimination, bigotry and ignorance; this is where we differ.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2903 Jul 25, 2013
They sue because they feel like victims, they hate their oppressors and want them to pay. They sue because their lawyers work on contingency, not salary.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2904 Jul 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ms. Stutzman never discriminated based on sexual preference, she decided not to support a same sex marriage ceremony. It has nothing to do with sexual preference, I'll bet she would do the same for polygamists or straight same sex couples marrying for convenience instead of sex. You have no proof she discriminated based on sexual preference, in fact the couple who sued had shopped from Stutzman the past and were treated well enough as to desire her services for their same sex wedding.
The problem is, the suit is based on a lie. This issue is same sex marriage, the left wants to make it about discrimination, bigotry and ignorance; this is where we differ.
bi, AGAIN, she declined to provide flowers to a same sex marriage ceremony. she'd provided flowers for other marriage ceremonies. she objected to providing flowers for the same sex marriage ceremony because it was for a same sex marriage. if it were for a heterosexual marriage she would've agreed to provide the flowers for a heterosexual marriage ceremony. washington state's law regarding the actions to be taken when someone is discrimanted against (and sexual preference is on that list) was enacted in 2009, making it a crime to discriminate against any person that falls into any of the categories on that list.

again, you're a proponent of not only discrimination but also breaking the law. why can't she hire an attorney and challenge the law in court without breaking the law first? why didn't she seek redress in a court of law instead of breaking the law? that's what reasonable people do. they follow the law and take legal action according to our system of government. that worked for the folks that challenged proposition 8 and the complainent of the DOMA case. why wouldn't it work for the florist? don't tell me it's because it's against her religion to hire and attorney and follow the correct process for redress before a judge.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2905 Jul 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They sue because they feel like victims, they hate their oppressors and want them to pay. They sue because their lawyers work on contingency, not salary.
so show us where the law dictates that we don't have the same right to a fair trial and redress in a public court?

that is our system of government bi. if you lived here in these united states you might understand that better.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2906 Jul 25, 2013
See how h&m justifies suing businesspersons who support husband/wife marriage? If same sex marriage becomes law in your state, you could be sued for discrimination next.

They justify any action, leaking tax returns, defamation and any lie that furthers their politicall goals.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2907 Jul 25, 2013
Reason 33 for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Litigation.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2908 Jul 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
See how h&m justifies suing businesspersons who support husband/wife marriage? If same sex marriage becomes law in your state, you could be sued for discrimination next.
They justify any action, leaking tax returns, defamation and any lie that furthers their politicall goals.
in case you missed it, bi, the anti-discrimination law PREDATES the marriage law. LOL

it is you that supports both discrimination AND breaking the law. i really pity you bi. seriously. maybe it IS better that you live elsewhere besides the united states.
lavoz

Euless, TX

#2909 Aug 5, 2013
Smarterthanyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be in the image of the God that made woman a help meet for man and united a man and a woman together in marriage?
Or is this some other god that goes completely against nature and lets people follow their own lust without condemnation?
Which god are you talking about?
that is what im talking about he didnt take out of adams rib another man, He took out a woman dont need to even get deeper in the bible it tells the answer since begining, God bless, lets stand firm in our belief and what we know is right not twist the word to our interest trying to find excuses and loops

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 5 hr mr_brans23 262
How many of you would like to join in a lawsuit... (May '10) 5 hr RR EARLE 43
Anti-American-Socialist Business in OKC (Oct '13) 6 hr Lisa 706
any girls interested in chubby guy masturbating? 6 hr kool_keepn 3
Obama's followers are either COMMUNIST or QUEERS 6 hr Lisa 85
Come over 21 hr Mac 2
One more person Wed Me and my wife 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]