Gay Marriage Debate - Madison, MS

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Madison, MS.

Do you support gay marriage?

Madison opposes
Oppose
 
24
Support
 
14

Vote now in Madison:

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Garth

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 19, 2012
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I make my points without insults; if you base an argument on emotion, that's all you have.
And when you make no logical argument at all and expect people to take you seriously, you deserve every single insult.
I noticed you responded to none of my points, which means you relinquish to them, and have nowhere left to go with your argument.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 19, 2012
 
I have many arguments, most of them are logical. Even if you just feel same sex marriage is wrong, based on emotion; that feeling is as real as the sun shining down on you. We can use emotional arguments too.

Let's ally with social, economic and national defense conservatism to keep marriage between husband and wife. We'll win against the left.
Mara

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 2, 2012
 
Everyone, no matter their sexual preference, should have the chance to marry if they desire. It is their life, no one else's.
Amy D.

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 25, 2012
 
Equal rights should be universal, no matter the race or sexual orientation of a couple.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 26, 2012
 
Only male/female marriage exists because that gives it a unique benefit to society. Children.
AJ

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 16, 2013
 
No, I do not support Gay marriage!! Get back to the bible people!!
hey

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 8, 2013
 
This topic always makes me laugh. Its funny because you have people trying to dictate what's going to happen in someone else's private life. Its all about these moronic bible thumpers who believe in a 2000 year old fairy tale.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 9, 2013
 
The issue has nothing to do with private life; this is about rewriting marriage law for everyone.

The Bible is first on some peoples arguments to keep marriage one man and one woman. On my list it's #27.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 9, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
The issue has nothing to do with private life; this is about rewriting marriage law for everyone.
The Bible is first on some peoples arguments to keep marriage one man and one woman. On my list it's #27.
So what is wrong with rewriting the law, it has happened plenty of times in the past. By rewriting the law, how will it affect you? The only people it will affect are the ones who can't marry the person the are in a relationship with.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 9, 2013
 
If you can get the legislation, get the majority to agree, there's nothing wrong with rewriting law. When those laws are rewritten by an unaccountable, unelected court, that's not the same thing. Stop suing your neighbors and they'll find it easier to accept you.

BTW, when law is rewritten it affects everyone because the law is applied equally to everyone. This isn't a personal issue, this is political.

Conservatives want to keep marriage as it has always been, male/female. Keep it simple.
Twilight

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 9, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
If you can get the legislation, get the majority to agree, there's nothing wrong with rewriting law. When those laws are rewritten by an unaccountable, unelected court, that's not the same thing. Stop suing your neighbors and they'll find it easier to accept you.
BTW, when law is rewritten it affects everyone because the law is applied equally to everyone. This isn't a personal issue, this is political.
Conservatives want to keep marriage as it has always been, male/female. Keep it simple.
This is F***ING BULLS***!

First of all, You have people have no right to get in peoples private lives because of your beliefs. That makes you a bigot.Second of all, you people are making STUPID ASS arguments about if everyone is gay then humans would not exist. Your either making it up or got it from a PARONOID, IGNORANT PREJUDICE BIGOT. You people have been sadly brainwashed by ignorant people who don't care about anyone else and think of themselves as higher than anyone else.

Stop trying to control people and worry about your own lives. THANKS!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 10, 2013
 
I don't use profanity, I've always noticed a correlation between bigots and profanity.Bigots go around talking about brainwashing, paranoia, ignorance and prejudice too.

Your beliefs about right and wrong are important, to be a good citizen, you must make moral decisions.

The Mississippi state constitution defines marriage as one man and one woman. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional in Mississippi.
Twilight

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
I don't use profanity, I've always noticed a correlation between bigots and profanity.Bigots go around talking about brainwashing, paranoia, ignorance and prejudice too.
Your beliefs about right and wrong are important, to be a good citizen, you must make moral decisions.
The Mississippi state constitution defines marriage as one man and one woman. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional in Mississippi.
It doesn't matter I can use profanity if I want. Your aruguement is stupid,you are rude, and you just need to shut up.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 10, 2013
 
Twilight wrote:
It doesn't matter I can use profanity if I want. Your aruguement is stupid,you are rude, and you just need to shut up.
And T.'s arguments are what, complementary, intelligent and polite? I find it bossy or at worst, bullying, to write: "you just need to shut up." What do you think?

There arguments show you who they are. Do you really want Twilight rewriting marriage law?
Twilight

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 10, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And T.'s arguments are what, complementary, intelligent and polite? I find it bossy or at worst, bullying, to write: "you just need to shut up." What do you think?
There arguments show you who they are. Do you really want Twilight rewriting marriage law?
Your the one harassing me.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 11, 2013
 
I haven't said a word against anyone. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexaulity but that's no reason to rewrite marriage law.

Usually, the person using all the profanity is the harasser. Everyone has a right to speak about legislation, the law and court cases; I encourage open debate. It helps to air the issue and get to the core. People don't want government treating marriage as if gender segregation was good. Nobody cares about your private life; we care about our culture and law.
Twilight

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 11, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
I haven't said a word against anyone. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexaulity but that's no reason to rewrite marriage law.
Usually, the person using all the profanity is the harasser. Everyone has a right to speak about legislation, the law and court cases; I encourage open debate. It helps to air the issue and get to the core. People don't want government treating marriage as if gender segregation was good. Nobody cares about your private life; we care about our culture and law.
That's an insult.
I was never talking about my life. And I don't care if you don't wanna know. I have the right to say my opinion, even if you don't like it. All you wanna do is claim that i'm harassing you, which is a lie because I DIDNT CUSS YOU OUT. You are a cry baby and a liar.
Twilight

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 11, 2013
 
No one gives a damn about your life, either
AMJ

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 15, 2013
 
An idiot wrote: This topic always makes me laugh. Its funny because you have people trying to dictate what's going to happen in someone else's private life. Its all about these moronic bible thumpers who believe in a 2000 year old fairy tale.

You sick idiot.. go back in your closet!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 16, 2013
 
That's right, they want to change marriage law for everyone. Everyone has the right to live as they please, not to rewrite law to create gender segregated marriage.

If you love integration and diversity, keep marriage one man and one woman; for unity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madison Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]