Gay Marriage Debate - Indianapolis, IN

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Indianapolis, IN.

Do you support gay marriage?

Indianapolis opposes
Oppose
 
653
Support
 
529

Vote now in Indianapolis:

Comments (Page 61)

Showing posts 1,201 - 1,220 of1,287
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1263
Apr 5, 2013
 
Civil unions and domestic partnerships are contracts, marriage is more.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1264
Apr 5, 2013
 
Civil marriage is a contract.
Brian_G wrote:
Civil unions and domestic partnerships are contracts, marriage is more.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1266
Apr 5, 2013
 
We shouldn't follow their advice on marriage law because they don't understand law:

"U.S. Supreme Court
Maynard v. Hill, 125 U.S. 190 (1888)
Maynard v. Hill
No. 194
Argued February 16-17, 1888
Decided March 19, 1888
125 U.S. 190
APPEAL FROM THE SUPREME COURT
OF THE TERRITORY OF WASHINGTON

...
Marriage is something more than a mere contract, though founded upon the agreement of the parties. When once formed, a relation is created between the parties which they cannot change, and the rights and obligations of which depend not upon their agreement, but upon the law, statutory or common. It is an institution of society, regulated and controlled by public authority. Legislation, therefore, affecting this institution and annulling the relation between the parties is not within the prohibition of the Constitution of the United States against the impairment of contracts by state legislation...."
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/12...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1267
Apr 6, 2013
 
MvH has nothing to do with who may marry; it concernd the role of divorce in terms of property ownership (in this case, land).
Brian_G wrote:
We shouldn't follow their advice on marriage law because they don't understand law:
"U.S. Supreme Court
Maynard v. Hill, 125 U.S. 190 (1888)
Maynard v. Hill
No. 194
Argued February 16-17, 1888
Decided March 19, 1888
125 U.S. 190
APPEAL FROM THE SUPREME COURT
OF THE TERRITORY OF WASHINGTON
...
Marriage is something more than a mere contract, though founded upon the agreement of the parties. When once formed, a relation is created between the parties which they cannot change, and the rights and obligations of which depend not upon their agreement, but upon the law, statutory or common. It is an institution of society, regulated and controlled by public authority. Legislation, therefore, affecting this institution and annulling the relation between the parties is not within the prohibition of the Constitution of the United States against the impairment of contracts by state legislation...."
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/12...

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1268
Apr 6, 2013
 
You can't be divorced if you can't marry; keep marriage one man and one woman, case solved.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1270
Apr 6, 2013
 
Are you fu**ing brain-damaged? Being able to marry has nothing to do with the role of divorce in LAND OWNERSHIP. The case had nothing to do with access to marry.
Brian_G wrote:
You can't be divorced if you can't marry; keep marriage one man and one woman, case solved.

Since: Apr 13

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1271
Apr 6, 2013
 
Gay people should have the same rights. It shouldn't matter what sex we are. Love is love.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1272
Apr 7, 2013
 
Back when the sexual revolution began we had the promise of things better than marriage, without divorce. There was freedom to cohabit as you please...

Same sex marriage is bourgeois. In some nations they kill gays on the streets, they can't march in Moscow, and you want to argue gay marriage?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1273
Apr 7, 2013
 
People have always cohabited without marriage.

You realize that "bourgeois" means "middle-class", right? Or is this another word you use without having a clue?

Yes, gays have problems in other countries. If I had my druthers, the leaders of those counties nd their constituents who attack gays would be terminated slowly and painfully. But what does that have to do with the rights of american citizens?
Brian_G wrote:
Back when the sexual revolution began we had the promise of things better than marriage, without divorce. There was freedom to cohabit as you please...
Same sex marriage is bourgeois. In some nations they kill gays on the streets, they can't march in Moscow, and you want to argue gay marriage?

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1274
Apr 7, 2013
 
cpeter1313 wrote:
People have always cohabited without marriage. You realize that "bourgeois" means "middle-class", right? Or is this another word you use without having a clue? Yes, gays have problems in other countries. If I had my druthers, the leaders of those counties nd their constituents who attack gays would be terminated slowly and painfully. But what does that have to do with the rights of american citizens?
It has to do with the American Revolution and the ideals of the sexual revolution. There was something better for sexual rights until the counterrevolutionaries let their middle class materialistic same sex marriage supporters advocate the rewriting of marriage law to permit the government recognition and support of gender segregation in marriage.

It has to do with human rights, a life in their country is more important than a political argument over a name at home. Genocide and political assassinations are severe problems and discussing the meaning of a word isn't.

Same sex marriage is so bourgeois.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1275
Apr 7, 2013
 
Dr Who doesn't do that much time traveling.

What should we do to countries that attack gays? Nuke them?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It has to do with the American Revolution and the ideals of the sexual revolution. There was something better for sexual rights until the counterrevolutionaries let their middle class materialistic same sex marriage supporters advocate the rewriting of marriage law to permit the government recognition and support of gender segregation in marriage.
It has to do with human rights, a life in their country is more important than a political argument over a name at home. Genocide and political assassinations are severe problems and discussing the meaning of a word isn't.
Same sex marriage is so bourgeois.
yeah

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1276
Apr 7, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bourgeois. In some nations they kill gays on the streets, they can't march in Moscow, and you want to argue gay marriage?
"In some nations" is irrelevant to this nation. And just because somewhere else does something more wrong than we do here, is that a reason not to set things right? Preposterous.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1277
Apr 7, 2013
 
You turn your back on brothers and sisters in Russia, and distract the public with concerns over rewriting marriage laws while they are killed. Then, you claim you care and your political opponents don't.

Very, very sad. Same sex marriage is bad because it's a distraction from true evil.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1278
Apr 7, 2013
 
And precisely what are we supposed to do with russia? Nuke it?

You are the only one trying to create a distraction.
Brian_G wrote:
You turn your back on brothers and sisters in Russia, and distract the public with concerns over rewriting marriage laws while they are killed. Then, you claim you care and your political opponents don't.
Very, very sad. Same sex marriage is bad because it's a distraction from true evil.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1279
Apr 8, 2013
 
Russian women are being arrested for peaceful protest, and you turn your back on your sisters. You learn about it, then decide what to do. Only an idiot would suggest resorting to a nuclear strike.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1280
Apr 8, 2013
 
I asked YOU what I was supposed to do about russia, simp.
Brian_G wrote:
Russian women are being arrested for peaceful protest, and you turn your back on your sisters. You learn about it, then decide what to do. Only an idiot would suggest resorting to a nuclear strike.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1282
Apr 8, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
You can't be divorced if you can't marry; keep marriage one man and one woman, case solved.
..Duuh yeah.....yuk yuk yuk.......
Anna

Connersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1283
Apr 8, 2013
 
I believe in God and follow the Words of the Bible.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1284
Apr 8, 2013
 
Do you refrain from touching others during your period? Do you, after a week of purification, bring two doves to your priest to be cleansed of your sin?
Anna wrote:
I believe in God and follow the Words of the Bible.
daccac

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1288
Apr 10, 2013
 
youtube.com/watch... Rude & Crude
no!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,201 - 1,220 of1,287
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Westboro Baptist Church to picket Indianapolis 500 2 hr Harry Balzonja 6
Stephanie Smith at quality Inn 5 hr Gross 8
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) 5 hr Bounty 1,284
Obama throws race card. Voter ID fraud is key 8 hr cpeter1313 24
More obamacare lies 9 hr Andrew 2
If Obama had a son...... 11 hr Teh Enforcer 20
The truth about homicide in Indy 11 hr Teh Enforcer 135

Indianapolis Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]