Gay Marriage Debate - Indianapolis, IN

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Indianapolis, IN.

Do you support gay marriage?

Indianapolis opposes
Oppose
 
654
Support
 
535

Vote now in Indianapolis:

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1164 Feb 27, 2013
really wrote:
Although homosexuals have for decades claimed that they "were born gay", there isn't any legitimate scientific proof to support this claim. Until they can present credible evidence to support their claim there is no reason to legalize same sex marriage.
Millions of gays say that they were born that way and who should know better than them? Why isn't this enough proof? Why does it matter anyway?
rod

Indianapolis, IN

#1165 Feb 27, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of gays say that they were born that way and who should know better than them? Why isn't this enough proof? Why does it matter anyway?
Of course it doesn't matter to the anti-crowd. Their first and main rhetorical technique is always to assume the insincerity of everyting their chosen opposition says or, in extreme cases, the inhumanity of the opposition. That way, it's easier to just put words in the opposition's mouth, advocate not giving them simple equal human rights, and hope that no one realizes how rhetorically unsound their arguments are. When you call them on it, they go elsewhere and repeat the same thing. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times.
rod

Indianapolis, IN

#1166 Feb 27, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of gays say that they were born that way and who should know better than them? Why isn't this enough proof? Why does it matter anyway?
Of course it doesn't matter to the anti-crowd. Their first and main rhetorical technique is always to assume the insincerity of everyting their chosen opposition says or, in extreme cases, the inhumanity of the opposition. That way, it's easier to just put words in the opposition's mouth, advocate not giving them simple equal human rights, and hope that no one realizes how rhetorically unsound their arguments are. When you call them on it, they go elsewhere and repeat the same thing. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1167 Feb 28, 2013
Nobody was born with a mate; marriage isn't for everybody.
really

Indianapolis, IN

#1168 Feb 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not unless you can prove that heteros are born that way.
<quoted text>
this is a typical smokscreen response to avoid the real issue. I'll repeat it again in even more simpler terms for you. Words have meaning and words in context mean what they mean. So when homosexuals say that they are "born gay", the burden of proof is on them to provide the evidence to support their claim. So where is the scientific evidence that proves people are "born gay"? Still waiting.
really

Indianapolis, IN

#1169 Mar 1, 2013
6864
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of gays say that they were born that way and who should know better than them? Why isn't this enough proof? Why does it matter anyway?
Seriously? Okay then. lets try this same approach with a different subject: Many people also say that they were abducted by extraterrestrials and who should know better than them? Is that proof enough to believe them? Of course not. Simply saying something doesn't make it so. That's why it matters.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1170 Mar 1, 2013
Research has shown that people do NOT choose to be gay. Moreover, there is nothing to suggest that environment plays a factor in orientation. However, it's also been noted that certain biological and neurological traits are found far more often among gays than the hetero population. This makes no sense unless there is a physiological basis.
really wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a typical smokscreen response to avoid the real issue. I'll repeat it again in even more simpler terms for you. Words have meaning and words in context mean what they mean. So when homosexuals say that they are "born gay", the burden of proof is on them to provide the evidence to support their claim. So where is the scientific evidence that proves people are "born gay"? Still waiting.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1171 Mar 1, 2013
You mean like jesus's existence?
really wrote:
6864<quoted text>
Seriously? Okay then. lets try this same approach with a different subject: Many people also say that they were abducted by extraterrestrials and who should know better than them? Is that proof enough to believe them? Of course not. Simply saying something doesn't make it so. That's why it matters.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1172 Mar 1, 2013
Are gays the only ones that can be born a certain way? Meaning maybe what others are turned on about, they are born that way also? Maybe men are born to like blonds. Maybe they are born this way is because they like big breast. Following this example, then why are men not born to like to be in a relationship with children? Or are people 'Born" only when others agree with what they are born with?
cpeter1313 wrote:
Research has shown that people do NOT choose to be gay. Moreover, there is nothing to suggest that environment plays a factor in orientation. However, it's also been noted that certain biological and neurological traits are found far more often among gays than the hetero population. This makes no sense unless there is a physiological basis.
<quoted text>

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1173 Mar 1, 2013
If you ignorant, lazy putzes would actually do some research, you'd know how stupid your arguments are. For starters, learn the difference between "innate trait" and "learned behavior."

But you won't; it would interfere with your smug and willful stupidity.
DavidM wrote:
Are gays the only ones that can be born a certain way? Meaning maybe what others are turned on about, they are born that way also? Maybe men are born to like blonds. Maybe they are born this way is because they like big breast. Following this example, then why are men not born to like to be in a relationship with children? Or are people 'Born" only when others agree with what they are born with?
<quoted text>

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1174 Mar 1, 2013
So you are saying that gays are born to be attracted to the same sex as they are. But everyone one else that has a lifestyle,it is a learned behavior. The really does not compute. So I would love to see the list of people "born" the way the act.
cpeter1313 wrote:
If you ignorant, lazy putzes would actually do some research, you'd know how stupid your arguments are. For starters, learn the difference between "innate trait" and "learned behavior."
But you won't; it would interfere with your smug and willful stupidity.
<quoted text>

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1175 Mar 1, 2013
DavidM wrote:
So you are saying that gays are born to be attracted to the same sex as they are. But everyone one else that has a lifestyle,it is a learned behavior. The really does not compute. So I would love to see the list of people "born" the way the act.
So you're saying heterosexuality is simply a learned behavior?

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1176 Mar 1, 2013
I think everyone is born to be heterosexuals. It is leaned behavior to do otherwise. Funny people say you are born to be homosexual but not one that is turned on by kids. If you want to say that they are born into homosexual behavior, then you must follow the same logic on other things.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying heterosexuality is simply a learned behavior?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1177 Mar 1, 2013
DavidM wrote:
I think everyone is born to be heterosexuals. It is leaned behavior to do otherwise.
That seems rather unfair. You deem homosexuality a lifestyle, but heterosexuality is not. Yet both groups report the same feelings, have recognized their orientation from early ages, and say they have no control over the matter.
DavidM wrote:
Funny people say you are born to be homosexual but not one that is turned on by kids.
Pedophilia has an extremely strong association with having been abused as a child. There may be some people born with that orientation - I don't know.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#1178 Mar 1, 2013
DavidM wrote:
I think everyone is born to be heterosexuals. It is leaned behavior to do otherwise. Funny people say you are born to be homosexual but not one that is turned on by kids. If you want to say that they are born into homosexual behavior, then you must follow the same logic on other things.
<quoted text>
You are not so stupid to equate homosexuality with pedophilia are you?...

Do you REALLY believe that someone could ignore such primal urges as sexual attraction?... really.... Please.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1179 Mar 1, 2013
Is it possible for gays to be "born" that way? Then in all accounts pedophilia can say the same thing. Just because you disagree with one and maybe support the other does not change the fact.
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not so stupid to equate homosexuality with pedophilia are you?...
Do you REALLY believe that someone could ignore such primal urges as sexual attraction?... really.... Please.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1180 Mar 1, 2013
As I said, you're just too fu**ing lazy to look at the century's worth of research in sexual orientation.
DavidM wrote:
So you are saying that gays are born to be attracted to the same sex as they are. But everyone one else that has a lifestyle,it is a learned behavior. The really does not compute. So I would love to see the list of people "born" the way the act.
<quoted text>

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1181 Mar 1, 2013
You're too stupid to deal with real research but think you're qualified to make up crap that you expect us to swallow.
DavidM wrote:
I think everyone is born to be heterosexuals. It is leaned behavior to do otherwise. Funny people say you are born to be homosexual but not one that is turned on by kids. If you want to say that they are born into homosexual behavior, then you must follow the same logic on other things.
<quoted text>

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1182 Mar 1, 2013
Like I said, you support homosexuality so you can call names all you want but if a person is born one way, there is no way that others can be born with their sexuality. Keep on telling that story and some might believe you.
cpeter1313 wrote:
You're too stupid to deal with real research but think you're qualified to make up crap that you expect us to swallow.
<quoted text>
innocennt till guilty

Bolingbrook, IL

#1183 Mar 1, 2013
DavidM wrote:
Is it possible for gays to be "born" that way? Then in all accounts pedophilia can say the same thing. Just because you disagree with one and maybe support the other does not change the fact.
<quoted text>
Not saying I agree with you but for grins and giggles lets say I do...
The big difference is pedophiles cause harm... Homosexuals do not.

Also going by your warped sense of facts.. I guess since hetero were "born that way" so were rapists...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cattle ranchers 22 min geny 2
Far-Southside salesman is standout (Apr '07) 6 hr nick doherty 2
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 9 hr Graham Cracker 499
More lessons for Black people Wed Festus 18
New to snapchat 28/m Wed Colts1986 1
Meridian and Morris streets Wed Ted 2
Jack Cottey and Officer Cress Tue ted 2
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]