Gay Marriage Debate - Harrisonburg, VA

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Harrisonburg, VA.

Do you support gay marriage?

Harrisonburg opposes
Oppose
 
76
Support
 
67

Vote now in Harrisonburg:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Love for All

Dyke, VA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
God loves everyone
Love for All

Dyke, VA

#2 Aug 14, 2010
right thing to do
luan vidad

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Aug 14, 2010
It is wrong, big wrong and all gays must be silent or quiet, because god created woman and man to get a real family and not a gay married.... Dont let IT happen in USA. please....
Love for All

Dyke, VA

#4 Aug 14, 2010
luan vidad wrote:
It is wrong, big wrong and all gays must be silent or quiet, because god created woman and man to get a real family and not a gay married.... Dont let IT happen in USA. please....
Why is it wrong.
Love for All

Dyke, VA

#5 Aug 14, 2010
It is about love.
l.k.

Front Royal, VA

#6 Aug 14, 2010
ALL people are created equal. God loves everyone equally. The Bible says a man should not lay with a man nor a woman with a woman. It effects everything in our society. Who is not to say next its ok for a grown person to have sex with a young child because they love each other. God made man and woman to be with each other to have offspring and families. It breaks the natural cycle that God had planned. I will not treat a person any different if i know they are gay. people are people. I just think it does more damage to what morals we already have. Just because u love someone doesn't mean it has to be a sexual relationship.
rebecca

Lyndhurst, VA

#7 Aug 14, 2010
look up the definition of marriage. It is between and man and a woman. Just as God meant it to be. This is wrong, no matter what Obama and Hollywood thinks.
All2BHappy

Dyke, VA

#8 Aug 14, 2010
rebecca wrote:
look up the definition of marriage. It is between and man and a woman. Just as God meant it to be. This is wrong, no matter what Obama and Hollywood thinks.
From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
Main Entry: mar∑riage
Pronunciation:\ˈmer-i j, ˈma-rij\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
Date: 14th century
1 a (1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3 : an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry ó J. T. Shawcross>

Note passage (2)... So what is your point exactly pertaining to "looking up the definition"?

Now let's visit the definition of ignorance:
From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
Main Entry: ig∑no∑rance
Pronunciation:\&#712;ig-n( &#601;-)r&#601;n(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 13th century
: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

Hmmmm....
jim

United States

#9 Aug 27, 2010
rebecca wrote:
look up the definition of marriage. It is between and man and a woman. Just as God meant it to be. This is wrong, no matter what Obama and Hollywood thinks.
Like God also said "there is neither male nor female for those who are in Christ Jesus." "old things are passed away, all things are made new." Hallelujah. Love has no gender. God is love. There is no law against love. You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. Knowledge puffeth up , but love edifies. Love hopes all things, believes all things, bears all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Love is a more excellent way. If you have faith so as to move mountains and have do not love others it profits you nothing. He who loves is born of God and knows God and is known of God.
Think about it

Elkton, VA

#10 Sep 6, 2010
Judge not lest you be judged. Lots of straight couples live together unmarried and lots of them have children. What's the difference? Love thy neighbor is at the heart of this matter as well as judge not lest you be judged. Sometimes straight people who hate each other stay together for financial and tax reasons. Does that make sense? Does that make them better parents when their kids are living in a war zone?

Who among us is perfect? Not me! I'm thankful that the greatest commandment is to "Love they neighbor as thyself," because that's a lot easier than being all up in our neighbors business, because all of us sin in some way every day.

Yes, I am a believer and I'm so grateful that I don't have to be the judge.
GEM

Harrisonburg, VA

#11 Sep 25, 2010
Marriage is choice of a partner, and it is noone's business except the 2 persons. Gay
persons should have, according to the constitution, the same rights as the rest of us.
Angry Voter

Oakwood, VA

#12 Sep 30, 2010
God only supports natural acts of everyone. Guy actions aren't natural

Since: Oct 10

Alexandria, VA

#13 Oct 21, 2010
Angry Voter wrote:
God only supports natural acts of everyone. Guy actions aren't natural
Really? I'm a gay guy and I didn't wake up one day and have to decide whether to like guys or girls...it came naturally. I've like guys since I was 5 or 6 sitting on the school bus...and I wasn't raped by anyone, molested, or raised by gay people, or around gay people. I was raised by Baptist sunday school teachers. So please explain that one. It came naturally to me. Oh and if you tell me I'm going to hell, don't act like God. That's a sin too. And further more I'm not only gay, I'm also Christian and on my way to Heaven. God loves all of us. I'm tired of everyone hating on us. We just want to be equal to everyone else.

Since: Oct 10

Alexandria, VA

#14 Oct 21, 2010
Think about it wrote:
Judge not lest you be judged. Lots of straight couples live together unmarried and lots of them have children. What's the difference? Love thy neighbor is at the heart of this matter as well as judge not lest you be judged. Sometimes straight people who hate each other stay together for financial and tax reasons. Does that make sense? Does that make them better parents when their kids are living in a war zone?
Who among us is perfect? Not me! I'm thankful that the greatest commandment is to "Love they neighbor as thyself," because that's a lot easier than being all up in our neighbors business, because all of us sin in some way every day.
Yes, I am a believer and I'm so grateful that I don't have to be the judge.
That is so true. But you know what? My parents were foster parents for a very long time, and never once did they have foster children that belonged to a gay couple. All the neglected, abused, needy children my parents got out of foster care were from heterosexual homes.

Since: Oct 10

Heathsville, VA

#15 Oct 21, 2010
I think a lot of so called "Christians" need to be educated...here's a link:

http://www.christiangays.com/education.shtml
Margaret

Waynesboro, VA

#16 Oct 23, 2010
Discrimination is ALWAYS wrong.
Not Ignorant

Harrisonburg, VA

#17 Oct 23, 2010
It is NOT wrong. Everyone deserves to be with whomever they love.
Cheech Marin

Johnson City, TN

#18 Oct 26, 2010
As an American Citizen. It is your responsibly to know what government is doing in YOUR name.

OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL INTENTIONALLY BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY!!!



Joe Biden "No Coal Plants Here in America"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Now we all know that with clean coal technology, coal is becoming a much cleaner source of energy. With Obamaís Coal killing agenda, electric rates will force me to heat my house with wood. As a disabled person, I can not keep up with the amount of wood I have to have to heat through the winter. Government Heating assistance does not come until December while we are cold now. Even then, government assistance is a very small amount compared to the cost of oil. And heating with electric is just not possible at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

But the truth is they will not allow any company to build a coal plant to generate electricity. Obama and Biden admit it themselves.

Rick Boucher is also lying to us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Why did I go to all the trouble to put these videos together? The
reason is because until a short time ago, I didnít know about this. And a more selfish reason is because I am cold. Being from Tennessee I cannot vote in Virginia and I am at the mercy of the Virginia voters in South West Virginia. Please, for my sake and thousands of disabled and retired people who have very little to live on. Please donít Vote for Rick Boucher, Please, just this once.
alex

Waynesboro, VA

#19 Nov 10, 2010
oppose

Since: Dec 08

San Francisco, CA

#20 Nov 10, 2010
alex wrote:
oppose
you don't get a "vote" in other people's marriages.

but you do get to shut your pie hole!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vigil Planned in Harrisonburg for Michael Brown Nov '14 Punk Lost 2
Review: Biery & Paulette - Kathryn A Biery DDS (Jun '09) Nov '14 Chelsea 34
Section 8 gets looked down at in Harrisonburg va Oct '14 poor but clean 1
City Meth Dealer Gets 15 Years Oct '14 melmel 1
Retried Pleasant Valley Postmaster celebrated 8... Sep '14 Patty Black 1
Gery G Lucas Sep '14 Con Buster 3
Vicki. Virginia Perez Aug '14 Cristina 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]