Gay Marriage Debate - Greenup, KY

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Greenup, KY.

Do you support gay marriage?

Greenup opposes
Oppose
 
73
Support
 
34

Vote now in Greenup:

Comments
1 - 20 of 508 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 26
Next Last
hah

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 28, 2010
 
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Men aren't supposed to be with other women, and vice versa. Humans were put on this earth to procreate, and you can't do that with a member of the same sex. It's disgusting, and straight people shouldn't have to see their public displays of affection.
Bob

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 29, 2010
 
hah wrote:
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Men aren't supposed to be with other women, and vice versa. Humans were put on this earth to procreate, and you can't do that with a member of the same sex. It's disgusting, and straight people shouldn't have to see their public displays of affection.
Your contradicting your argument, "Men aren't supposed to be with other women"?? So, if men cant sleep with women and vice versa.. then how the hell do we procreate? artificial insemination maybe? Secondly, lets be fair about this.. The Gay person shouldn't have to see the public displays of affection from straight people either. What if every time a straight couple kissed, and a gay person looked at them with a disgusted expression followed by a rude smirk or loud remark? Now you know this would cause an up roar, we'd eventually see thousands upon thousands of straight activists standing out on the White House lawn with they're picket signs protesting for equal heterosexual rights. Pretty soon, all straight people would be classified as some form of ungodly disorder a.k. don't touch it with a ten foot pole. You kinda see where I'm going here? Maybe for once, we should look at the issue from the opposing groups point of view before we exclude from equal rights and freedoms that other individuals have.
I think

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 29, 2010
 
it just isn't right.
interested person

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 29, 2010
 
God didn't create Adam & Steve he created Adam & Eve, just wonder why? God does not approve of gays. This is a life style that goes against every thing in the Bible, and people should wake up, there is no such things as equal rights in the sight of God. There is only right or wrong, sorry I didn't write the book, argue with God and see if he will tell you it's right.
yeah

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 29, 2010
 
i for one i am sick and tired of this gay rights being shoved down my throat they have no rights. it is sicking to see and hear. what kind of an example are we setting for our kids who have to grow up seeing this on tv computers a every where else. if you choose this kind of a,life style keep it to your self dont shove it down my throat . not to mention dises you spread..
Against

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 29, 2010
 
Morally wrong, physically wrong and just plain disgusting

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 29, 2010
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Your contradicting your argument, "Men aren't supposed to be with other women"?? So, if men cant sleep with women and vice versa.. then how the hell do we procreate? artificial insemination maybe? Secondly, lets be fair about this.. The Gay person shouldn't have to see the public displays of affection from straight people either. What if every time a straight couple kissed, and a gay person looked at them with a disgusted expression followed by a rude smirk or loud remark? Now you know this would cause an up roar, we'd eventually see thousands upon thousands of straight activists standing out on the White House lawn with they're picket signs protesting for equal heterosexual rights. Pretty soon, all straight people would be classified as some form of ungodly disorder a.k. don't touch it with a ten foot pole. You kinda see where I'm going here? Maybe for once, we should look at the issue from the opposing groups point of view before we exclude from equal rights and freedoms that other individuals have.
Well you can throw what ifs all day but that doesn't make it true. If the majority of people was gay the human race would die off. I'm not going to preach the sermon because I don't believe in the Bible. However, will say that being gay is extremely disrespectful to our ancestors who fought for survival. Being gay is a slap in the face to the entire species. There should no equal rights for gays because they are inferior because they cannot even perform the most basic of our species tasks: procreation.
Bob

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 29, 2010
 
big h wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can throw what ifs all day but that doesn't make it true. If the majority of people was gay the human race would die off. I'm not going to preach the sermon because I don't believe in the Bible. However, will say that being gay is extremely disrespectful to our ancestors who fought for survival. Being gay is a slap in the face to the entire species. There should no equal rights for gays because they are inferior because they cannot even perform the most basic of our species tasks: procreation.
Exactly my friend.. "You can throw what if's all day but that don't make it true." Speaking of ancestors, I don't think the white class of ancestors did much favors for its future children's generations considering the fact that the white class in todays world is still being blamed for the slavery plantations they're ancestors owned many years ago. The idea of being blamed for something a persons great great grandpa may have done.. does that make it right? Is it fair? No. My point being, this country was founded upon freedom, equal rights and opportunity amongst many other great qualities.. Something for once that was actually positive our ancestors fought for. If you do not believe that all people should have equal rights and freedom, then I wonder why you continue to live in a nation that was founded upon something very important that you do not support.
farmman

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 29, 2010
 
I am tired of hearing about gays this ,or,that,or, anything to do with gays or lesbians relationships.My cows don`t breed--They go to auction or slaughter .My living is from selling calves,cows,and bulls.All this sillyness of same sex is a waste.As the old saying goes"it ain`t natural"
Bob

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 29, 2010
 
farmman wrote:
I am tired of hearing about gays this ,or,that,or, anything to do with gays or lesbians relationships.My cows don`t breed--They go to auction or slaughter .My living is from selling calves,cows,and bulls.All this sillyness of same sex is a waste.As the old saying goes"it ain`t natural"
That makes you the official barn yard pimp.
ursoright

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 29, 2010
 
interested person wrote:
God didn't create Adam & Steve he created Adam & Eve, just wonder why? God does not approve of gays. This is a life style that goes against every thing in the Bible, and people should wake up, there is no such things as equal rights in the sight of God. There is only right or wrong, sorry I didn't write the book, argue with God and see if he will tell you it's right.
AMEN!!! God didn't intend for any species whether it be human or animal to be intimate with the same sex. God does not make mistakes. People makes the mistakes. Homosexuality is SIN. If you experiment in homosexual acts than you are the "I" right in the middle of sin. I pray for each and every one that you will open your eyes while you still have a breath on this earth, if not, you certainly will in hell.
ursoright

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 29, 2010
 
It is a SIN.
straight

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 29, 2010
 
its definately a sin and besides that its disguisting!!!
New Grandma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 29, 2010
 
It's morally wrong, Biblically wrong and it turns my stomach.
lono

Tarrs, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 29, 2010
 
there's is no point in being anti homosexual. it's not a new thing and it's not going away. why do people care so much about what other people do with their genitals anyways? if you're not a rapist then i don't care if you get your rocks off humping trees. as long as your not a piece of sh#t individual, you're cool by me.
me

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 30, 2010
 
if a man an a woman can show their love by geting married y cnt 2 guys or 2 girls do da same. who is anyine else 2 tell us dat we cnt love eatch other jus cause were of da same sex. love is very powerful no one can control it. i am a lesbian my self and i support it 100% (:
mee

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 30, 2010
 
who is any of u 2 tell gay and lesbian their way of life is wrong. everyone spends their whole life looking 4 da same thing. "love" so who r u 2 say dat they cant fall in love with someone of da same sex. and 4 those who say its a sin 2 b gay. well news flash so is judging others. so why dnt u stop woring bout wat we do with our life an worie bout ur own.
news flash

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 30, 2010
 
we are not judging others when we tell you being gay is wrong. ITS in the bible and the bible point blank tells you that its wrong, so no judging going on there. Just stating the facts. If it is normal, then why do the guys act like a sissy and all the girls act like a guy when they are gay?? just curious..don't sound "normal" to me..YUCK, EWWWWW, UUGGG
i agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 31, 2010
 
it's not going to change anything though.
mee

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 1, 2010
 
not all gay guys act like girls and not all gay girls act like guys. being gay does not make us who we are. its just a little part of our lives. we are just like the rest of you. we have fellings as well. just because all of you hicks are close minded dosent mean what we do is wrong. its just what we like. and i think the reason why guys hate gay girls is because you know we can get more girls than you can. and the reason why guys hate gay guys is because most of the girls hangout with then instead of you. so why dont you guys go geta life and find something better to do with it. cause if all you have to do is set around on the computer and post stuff about people you are never gona do any thing with your life. being gay will always be around and nothing you guys will say is ever goin to change that. so you live your life and let us live ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Cornelius Scudmister 149,952
gossip and bulls**t 49 min need a good laugh 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Republicans Are S... 26,229
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr Republicans Are S... 16,129
stephanie harris 5 hr unkown 15
casandra white 9 hr curious 16
If you feel that someone has slandered your nam... (Apr '12) 16 hr O yes you did 29

Search the Greenup Forum:

Greenup Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]