Gay Marriage Debate - Gainesville, GA

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Gainesville, GA.

Do you support gay marriage?

Gainesville opposes
Oppose
 
43
Support
 
38

Vote now in Gainesville:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mark Egan

Cleveland, GA

#1 Jul 29, 2010
It is written in the Holy Bible long before politically correct acceptance by this generation - why would anyone contradict such powerful doctrine? Only a fool defies our Lord God. Get real!
ejecto

Gainesville, GA

#2 Jul 29, 2010
Get real: not everyone lives by your bible.
It's not your business or mine how others live their lives. Denying any loving couple the benefits of a civil union is about as un-"Christian" as it gets.

Since: Oct 08

none

#3 Jul 29, 2010
Mark Egan wrote:
It is written in the Holy Bible long before politically correct acceptance by this generation - why would anyone contradict such powerful doctrine? Only a fool defies our Lord God. Get real!
Why does god think it wrong?
Bible doesn't say does it?

That's because God never said it.
Back when people died at the drop of a hat it was bad.

That's because the most important thing back in the times of the bible were the number of children you had.
For your Tribe the more the merrier.

Gay people don't naturally have kids. Therefore a trible with gay people would suffer from less people.

Thus it was considered a "Sin" problem solved.

Now do we have that problem today?

No we don't.

The same chapter that says it is wrong says not to eat pork or shellfish. Yet most have no problem with both of those.
Clifton Moor

Cumming, GA

#4 Jul 30, 2010
Everyone should be on an equal footing. Straight people and gay people can NOT control the way they are born. Sexula orientation is as random as the color of one's eyes. Marriage should be equal to all...should the persons desire to be married.
John

Dacula, GA

#5 May 13, 2011
READ... If you Lay with a beast or men to men or woman to woman, its an abomination in the Eyes of God, there is no such thing as a "gay Christian" so unless you want to fry in hell, don't mess with the natural purpose of things.
John

Dacula, GA

#6 May 13, 2011
Clifton Moor wrote:
Everyone should be on an equal footing. Straight people and gay people can NOT control the way they are born. Sexula orientation is as random as the color of one's eyes. Marriage should be equal to all...should the persons desire to be married.
Do you think when God created Human Kind he reached into his bag of wonders and pulled out Male and Female by chance? no he did not. Being Gay its a choice, many of them feel like they have a choice because of how they were raised at home, but the right education would not leave room to choose because they would know right from wrong, the 0 cannot go inside of a 0 nether the 1 inside of a 1 only 1 can go inside the 0.
Lex GERTZ

Gainesville, GA

#7 Aug 20, 2011
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION! imagine if you couldnt marry the one you love. sure you could love each other without being married, but marriage is a statement and declaration of devotion to your significant other forever, no matter what gender.
Robert Williams

Snellville, GA

#8 Aug 22, 2011
Marriage is between a man & woman only
Nick Salhany

Spencerport, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2011
Abomination!
Anon

Atlanta, GA

#10 Dec 31, 2011
God is against the acts done by a gay person- not the person themselves. He loves them like he loves everyone else and they sin, just like everyone else.
equality2012

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 31, 2011
Anon wrote:
God is against the acts done by a gay person-.
Your world must be very lonely. So much evil in this world and you're criticizing a group of people with a broad brush of hate.
Anon

Cumming, GA

#12 Jan 2, 2012
equality2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Your world must be very lonely. So much evil in this world and you're criticizing a group of people with a broad brush of hate.
You must be illiterate. Im supporting them, not hating them. Read everything ok?
Chipa

Gainesville, GA

#13 Jan 17, 2012
It's love. It cannot be wrong.
Steven Henry

Gainesville, GA

#14 Jan 17, 2012
Who I love is who I love. Who are you to control it. Heterosexual privilege needs to be quelled.
Stephen

Gainesville, GA

#15 Jan 17, 2012
Don't be close minded
Emilio

Gainesville, GA

#16 Jan 17, 2012
Mark Egan wrote:
It is written in the Holy Bible long before politically correct acceptance by this generation - why would anyone contradict such powerful doctrine? Only a fool defies our Lord God. Get real!
I hope that at the very moment you say this, that you do not have two of the same crops right next to each other, wear clothing of two different materials, have spoken to a woman on her period or worked last Sunday. These may be classic examples to refute your claim, but they are also solid. I don't wish to talk to you about how the Bible is more metaphor than solid facts, but I don't believe you would listen any further if I did so. The passage in the Bible that speaks of what you think is "God's stance against homosexuality" actually defines the Christian religion's stance on rape and molestation between any two genders.
Vee

Gainesville, GA

#17 Jan 17, 2012
Jesus loves gays and so do I.
Tariah

Naples, ME

#18 Jan 18, 2012
I would like to get married someday.
Victoria

Gainesville, GA

#19 Jan 18, 2012
Love is love.
Noel Blessing

Cumming, GA

#20 Jan 19, 2012
Honestly your religion has nothing to do with whether they should get the right to marry or not. The constitution set it up so our government is separate from religion. So your discrimination towards homosexuals is just as wrong as the discrimination against the African Americans forty years ago. You're taking away their human rights. I don't know about you,but I don't want to be remembered in the future as the human being that spread hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ginger Wellham seen working at pig farm Dec 16 satin 1
Pictures of The old Airline school Dec 13 Debra 2
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs Dec 11 TALLYHO 8541 17
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) Dec 10 CARE LESS 839
Will the INS raid the local poultry plants? (Apr '09) Dec 9 Reality 4
Any Milfs out there? Dec 6 Joshua_2001 3
4 members of 'Lula Boys' street gang arrested (Mar '08) Nov 29 Powell sister 121
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]