Gay Marriage Debate - Fort Drum, NY

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Fort Drum, NY.

Do you support gay marriage?

Fort Drum opposes
Oppose
 
21
Support
 
10

Vote now in Fort Drum:

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated -
Frank Mottis III

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 28, 2010
 
Marriage is between a Woman and a Man

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 29, 2010
 
Frank Mottis III wrote:
Marriage is between a Woman and a Man
Not anymore. Same-sex couples have been getting married since 2004. Stop living in the past.
Jane

Central Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 30, 2010
 
I have many gay friends & I love them all, if they want to get married they should have this right to express their love for each other threw marriage too! Haven't you notice the divorce rate is high between a man & woman marriage?
Jane

Central Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 30, 2010
 
oopsie sorry this posted 3times..& I am not from Ithaca NY.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 30, 2010
 
Jane wrote:
I have many gay friends & I love them all, if they want to get married they should have this right to express their love for each other threw marriage too! Haven't you notice the divorce rate is high between a man & woman marriage?
And the states with the lowest divorce rates are those that allow same-sex couples to marry, i.e. Massachusetts, Iowa, etc. Looks like same-sex marriage may be the key to SAVING the institution of marriage!
anita armstrong

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 4, 2010
 
marriage is between a man and a woman not guy and guy or girl and girl. animals to not mate with same sex animals.
who cares

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 4, 2010
 
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And the states with the lowest divorce rates are those that allow same-sex couples to marry, i.e. Massachusetts, Iowa, etc. Looks like same-sex marriage may be the key to SAVING the institution of marriage!
So what is accomplished by same sex marriage? Other than to taunt the people that are against it.
William Landers

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 5, 2010
 
What kind of survey asks for names? You think people on drum are actually going to answer this question with out fear? Its no wonder you have three answers. The truth is ALL Americans should have the same rights. Gay couples want the same things in life everyone else does. Hateful, discriminatory religious myths and divisive politicians make this issue more than it needs to be. JUST BE FAIR AND GIVE EVERYONE THE SAME RIGHTS WITHOUT MAKING THE GLBT Community second class citizens!
kindofagree

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 5, 2010
 
William Landers wrote:
What kind of survey asks for names? You think people on drum are actually going to answer this question with out fear? Its no wonder you have three answers. The truth is ALL Americans should have the same rights. Gay couples want the same things in life everyone else does. Hateful, discriminatory religious myths and divisive politicians make this issue more than it needs to be. JUST BE FAIR AND GIVE EVERYONE THE SAME RIGHTS WITHOUT MAKING THE GLBT Community second class citizens!
I agree, But if they get all the same rights as everyone else will it end all of the political and legal crap? And will we see any more gay marches? Answer is, NO because there is always going to be something else that they are not happy with...

Since: Mar 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 5, 2010
 
government should have no say so in marriage
Kane G.

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 6, 2010
 
Why not?
Sarah J. Nichols

Auburn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 16, 2011
 
Equality.
Spread The WORD

Candor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 2, 2011
 
Friday, June 24th 2011 will go down in infamy in the State of New York as the day that four trusted Republican legislators sold their souls and their votes to the Sodomites and *** VOTED AGAINST PRESERVING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE ***

We have it in our power as voters to ensure that this never happens again with these false Republicans. These are their names...

(1) JAMES S. ALESI - Monroe County New York

*** VOTED AGAINST PRESERVING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE ***

(2) MARK GRISANTI - Western New York

*** VOTED AGAINST PRESERVING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE ***

(3) ROY J. MCDONALD - Rensselaer, Saratoga Counties New York

*** VOTED AGAINST PRESERVING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE ***

(4) STEVEN M. SALAND - Columbia and Dutchess Counties New York

*** VOTED AGAINST PRESERVING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE ***

NEVER FORGET THOSE FOUR NAMES.

If any of these these creatures ever dares to run for public office in this State again...

VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!!!

(copy and past this post if you like, or make your own)

SPREAD THE WORD !!!!!!!!!!
Kristin

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 18, 2012
 
anita armstrong wrote:
marriage is between a man and a woman not guy and guy or girl and girl. animals to not mate with same sex animals.
Actually, over 400 species of animals mate with the same sex.
Charlotte

Posadas, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 18, 2012
 
Equal rights!
rebecca

Rockland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 19, 2012
 
human rights.
Harry Bawls

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 19, 2012
 
dam kweers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Drum Discussions

Search the Fort Drum Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ice Bucket Challenge raises awareness, funds fo... 43 min Mongo Lloyd 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 22 hr College Professor 6,391
the punishers biker group (Jan '12) Tue Thor 59
Fort Drum solider arrested for criminal sex act... (Jul '12) Mon Anonymous 8
Watertown man to fight charges from late-night ... Mon anonymous 1
MS tattoos Aug 16 M and S tattoos 3
Lyons Falls man admits to sexual contact with y... Aug 16 perplexed 1

Fort Drum Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]