Gay Marriage Debate - Foley, AL

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Foley, AL.

Do you support gay marriage?

Foley opposes
Oppose
 
19
Support
 
17

Vote now in Foley:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
L.S.Pruett

Summerdale, AL

#1 Aug 11, 2010
we are designed to be with the opposite sex, it is just wrong.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Marriage is defined as one man and one woman,and it should stay that way.Gay marriage adds nothing to society except more corrupt morals.
midirons

Waveland, MS

#3 Aug 16, 2010
My Christian beliefs are that God defined marriage as a union btween a woman and a man.
guitar picker

Smyrna, TN

#4 Aug 16, 2010
I believe in opposite sex marriage; with that said, it's funny there is such an uproar in Alabama over same sex marriage when on can STILL LEGALLY MARRY ONE'S FIRST COUSIN.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#5 Aug 16, 2010
midirons wrote:
My Christian beliefs are that God defined marriage as a union btween a woman and a man.
We're talking about a legal definition and not some difinition that you got out of a book you bought at Barnes and Noble. Maybe you haven't heard but, we have separation between church and State in this Country and this is a State matter. Keep your Christian beliefs to yourself and to your other Christian friends.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#6 Aug 16, 2010
guitar picker wrote:
I believe in opposite sex marriage; with that said, it's funny there is such an uproar in Alabama over same sex marriage when on can STILL LEGALLY MARRY ONE'S FIRST COUSIN.
There's a lot of states this can happen in.
Truthis

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Aug 16, 2010
So you think Christian values should not be adopted by government? Well in that case lets go ahead and legalize robbery, rape, and murder since the Christian faith teaches that they are wrong. Get over it man.
Give me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about a legal definition and not some difinition that you got out of a book you bought at Barnes and Noble. Maybe you haven't heard but, we have separation between church and State in this Country and this is a State matter. Keep your Christian beliefs to yourself and to your other Christian friends.
Truthis

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Aug 16, 2010
If you think Christian beliefs need to be kept to ourselves and other Christian friends then why shouldn't the homosexual lifestyle be kept between the gays and their friends? You democrats really know how to talk out of both sides of your mouth! What happened to "equal rights for everyone"???
Give me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about a legal definition and not some difinition that you got out of a book you bought at Barnes and Noble. Maybe you haven't heard but, we have separation between church and State in this Country and this is a State matter. Keep your Christian beliefs to yourself and to your other Christian friends.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#9 Aug 16, 2010
"If you think Christian beliefs need to be kept to ourselves and other Christian friends then why shouldn't the homosexual lifestyle be kept between the gays and their friends?"

I think it is. Why don't you think it is--has a gay tried to hit on you?
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#10 Aug 16, 2010
"So you think Christian values should not be adopted by government? Well in that case lets go ahead and legalize robbery, rape, and murder since the Christian faith teaches that they are wrong. Get over it man"

There are many countries that outlaw robbery, rape and murder that are not Christian countries. Just because those things are not legal here is because they are not good for society and not because they happen to be (in your words) "Christian values". Since when do you and other Christians have a lock on what is right and what is wrong? You give yourselves too much credit for being a gift to mankind. Please wallow in your own mysticism and leave the rest of us alone.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#15 Aug 16, 2010
Give me a Break wrote:
"So you think Christian values should not be adopted by government? Well in that case lets go ahead and legalize robbery, rape, and murder since the Christian faith teaches that they are wrong. Get over it man"
There are many countries that outlaw robbery, rape and murder that are not Christian countries. Just because those things are not legal here is because they are not good for society and not because they happen to be (in your words) "Christian values". Since when do you and other Christians have a lock on what is right and what is wrong? You give yourselves too much credit for being a gift to mankind. Please wallow in your own mysticism and leave the rest of us alone.
Where do you think we would be with out Christan values,may be we could just exist by the law of the jungle !
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#16 Aug 16, 2010
Oh, so the Jews have no values? No other religion has values? Once again, don't be so pompous. Man, like other animals has developed values because they have benefits for their survival. I think it is a little arrogant for Christians or any other of the thousands of so-called "only true religion" to claim them as theirs. I guess that hundreds of Catholic Priests molesting little boys is one example of your "Christian Values".
guitar picker

Smyrna, TN

#17 Aug 17, 2010
FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you think we would be with out Christan values,may be we could just exist by the law of the jungle !
Hate to say it, but look around you - that's pretty much where we are now. If someone wants to rob, rape, shoot, or steal from someone, well just because there's a law against it hasn't stopped them has it?

Values have to be taught, not legislated. Though I don't support it from a biblical standpoint, I can see the "legal rights" not afforded same sex couples, and it does appear to fly right in the face of 14th Amendment. Besides, we are told to leave the Judging to God and to render unto Ceaser what is his.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#18 Aug 17, 2010
guitar picker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to say it, but look around you - that's pretty much where we are now. If someone wants to rob, rape, shoot, or steal from someone, well just because there's a law against it hasn't stopped them has it?
Values have to be taught, not legislated. Though I don't support it from a biblical standpoint, I can see the "legal rights" not afforded same sex couples, and it does appear to fly right in the face of 14th Amendment. Besides, we are told to leave the Judging to God and to render unto Caesar what is his.
Your right,the items you have stated will always happen no matter what,and we do have to teach "values"and in this Country the Christian values have made it what it is,"We take the lead from Christianity".
FastFred

Foley, AL

#19 Aug 17, 2010
Give me a Break wrote:
Oh, so the Jews have no values? No other religion has values? Once again, don't be so pompous. Man, like other animals has developed values because they have benefits for their survival. I think it is a little arrogant for Christians or any other of the thousands of so-called "only true religion" to claim them as theirs. I guess that hundreds of Catholic Priests molesting little boys is one example of your "Christian Values".
Which one of these other religions would you like to live by ? I believe our Country has done extremely well abiding by the Christian Faith.Times are changing,when Christianity is put in a "box" than teaching morality will cease to exist,than we can live by the law of the jungle,that seems to be what the left wing loons want.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#20 Aug 17, 2010
Which one of these other religions would you like to live by ? I believe our Country has done extremely well abiding by the Christian Faith.Times are changing,when Christianity is put in a "box" than teaching morality will cease to exist,than we can live by the law of the jungle,that seems to be what the left wing loons want.

I'd prefer to not live by any religion. I don't need any religion to tell me that it is wrong to murder someone or steal from them. Apparently, you think that if there were no Christian religion that these actions being unacceptable would have never occured to anyone.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#21 Aug 17, 2010
Give me a Break wrote:
Which one of these other religions would you like to live by ? I believe our Country has done extremely well abiding by the Christian Faith.Times are changing,when Christianity is put in a "box" than teaching morality will cease to exist,than we can live by the law of the jungle,that seems to be what the left wing loons want.
I'd prefer to not live by any religion. I don't need any religion to tell me that it is wrong to murder someone or steal from them. Apparently, you think that if there were no Christian religion that these actions being unacceptable would have never occurred to anyone.
You can be assured that if the Christian Religion wasn't brought in to play,it would still be a lawless world.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#22 Aug 17, 2010
Give me a Break wrote:
Which one of these other religions would you like to live by ? I believe our Country has done extremely well abiding by the Christian Faith.Times are changing,when Christianity is put in a "box" than teaching morality will cease to exist,than we can live by the law of the jungle,that seems to be what the left wing loons want.
I'd prefer to not live by any religion. I don't need any religion to tell me that it is wrong to murder someone or steal from them. Apparently, you think that if there were no Christian religion that these actions being unacceptable would have never occurred to anyone.
You must have been taught that the issues you speak of were wrong,what brought you to believe they were wrong? Mom and Dad tell you that when you were growing up?Bet they did,and where did they learn that moral issue? "Christianity" no doubt.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#23 Aug 17, 2010
I'm not a scholar on religion any more than I am a scholar on palm reading, crystal balls, tarot cards, totem poles, Greek methology or any other such beliefs but, except for human sacrefice practiced by some ancient religions, I don't believe that any religion today condones murder and stealing for example. In fact, I'm sure that most countries including those where you can't find a "Christian", have penalties for those who commit these crimes and and the reason that most of these people don't commit them is not because their "Christian" parents taught them not too.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#26 Aug 17, 2010
Give me a Break wrote:
I'm not a scholar on religion any more than I am a scholar on palm reading, crystal balls, tarot cards, totem poles, Greek mythology or any other such beliefs but, except for human sacrifice practiced by some ancient religions, I don't believe that any religion today condones murder and stealing for example. In fact, I'm sure that most countries including those where you can't find a "Christian", have penalties for those who commit these crimes and and the reason that most of these people don't commit them is not because their "Christian" parents taught them not too.
Well here's one,like the two girls who were shot to death by their father in Texas recently,(Islam)he called it honor killings,because the two girls were becoming to "American"not that they had done anything,but just becoming to American,this goes on all the time,right here in America.Than there was recently a women going to be stoned to death for adultery,until people around the world got wind of it and the verdict was changed as far as I know.So here is just one example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead Fish in Orange Beach? (Jul '11) 15 hr Tickle Me Elmo 7
needing to know 20 hr Iamangttia 16
Review: Hallson Manor Apartments (Dec '12) Nov 19 AnonOpsPs 6
Don't Buy Smith Field Meats Nov 18 FastFred 5
One For Defenceless Animals Nov 15 thetruth 2
Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay' Nov 14 Boyhowdy 38
any frisky women out there in summerdale Nov 7 ms1pretty 2
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]