Gay Marriage Debate - Dothan, AL

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Dothan, AL.

Do you support gay marriage?

Dothan opposes
Oppose
 
64
Support
 
51

Vote now in Dothan:

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Frances

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2010
God says man laying with man the way he lays with woman is a abomination. I don't hate gay people, I believe gay marriage is wrong. Yea I know we all sin. But teo of the same sex should not come before God and ask to be joined in "Holy Matrimony".
Aaron

Dothan, AL

#2 Aug 5, 2010
It is not the way GOD intended for us to live our lives. It also makes a mockery of the institution of marriage as well as adds to the breakdown of society.
ROSE

Mobile, AL

#3 Aug 5, 2010
From the ruling overturning CA's ban on same-sex marriage:
Prove differently these points......
1. Marriage is and has been a civil matter, subject to religious intervention only when requested by the intervenors.
2. California, like every other state, doesn't require that couples wanting to marry be able to procreate.
3. Marriage as an institution has changed over time; women were given equal status; interracial marriage was formally legalized; no fault divorce made it easier to dissolve marriages.
4. California has eliminated marital obligations based on gender.
5. Same-sex love and intimacy "are well-documented in human history."
6. Sexual orientation is a fundamental characteristic of a human being.
7. Prop 8 proponents' "assertion that sexual orientation cannot be defined is contrary to the weight of the evidence."
8. There is no evidence that sexual orientation is chosen, nor than it can be changed.
9. California has no interest in reducing the number of gays and lesbians in its population.
10. "Same-sex couples are identical to opposite-sex couples in the characteristics relevant to the ability to form successful marital union."
11. "Marrying a person of the opposite sex is an unrealistic option for gay and lesbian individuals."
12. "Domestic partnerships lack the social meaning associated with marriage, and marriage is widely regarded as the definitive expression of love and commitment in the United States.
The availability of domestic partnership does not provide gays and lesbians with a status equivalent to marriage because the cultural meaning of marriage and its associated benefits are intentionally withheld from same-sex couples in domestic partnerships."
13. "Permitting same-sex couples to marry will not affect the number of opposite-sex couples who marry, divorce, cohabit, have children outside of marriage or otherwise affect the stability of opposite-sex marriages."
Therein, you now have the entire case.
ROSE

Mobile, AL

#4 Aug 5, 2010
Frances wrote:
God says man laying with man the way he lays with woman is a abomination. I don't hate gay people, I believe gay marriage is wrong. Yea I know we all sin. But teo of the same sex should not come before God and ask to be joined in "Holy Matrimony".
A civil ceremony is not a religious ceremony.
btw, there are many, many churches which now perform same-sex marriages.

And, religious beliefs are not the basis for the laws of our government. Ours is not a nation run by religion, but one which has religious freedom.
ROSE

Mobile, AL

#5 Aug 5, 2010
Aaron wrote:
It is not the way GOD intended for us to live our lives. It also makes a mockery of the institution of marriage as well as adds to the breakdown of society.
It is IMMORAL to discriminate based upon differences within the human race..
truth be told

Ozark, AL

#6 Aug 9, 2010
each to his or her own
Micheal

Dothan, AL

#7 Aug 24, 2010
I only have one question for all of you, who the heck died and made any of you God? The last time I checked He makes the final judgement not any of you. I am a gay man that lives in Dothan and I am going to tell all of you like I told my grandparents who are avid church goers. None of you have the right to judge me, what I do or how I do it. God does not make crap. Do you think all the gay people in the world just wake up one morning and decided that they want to be this way? That is a negative because it is harder for someone to come out of the closet and live with those consequences than it would be for us to stay in the closet. I understand that people have their opnions and that is fine but you don't have to broadcast them over the internet and say that we are all going to Hell for what we do. If that is the case than we will find out when we are judged and that is not for any of you to decide. Also, when it comes to "marriage" within the gay community like someone said earlier, our government WAS NOT found on a religious standpoint. It was founded on being FREE and express yourself the way you want too without doing harm to someone else. So two guys or two girls that get married, is that harming you? No! It in no way shape or form harms anyone. We pay our bills the same way everyone else does. We work just like everyone else so why should we not have the right to marry other than y'alls religious standpoint which has NOTHING to do with our government might I add. Do you judge premartial sex this harshly because according to the bible I have read it says no sin is greater than another. All of you guys that did judge therefore are commiting just as bad as a sin as we are. Think about that.
ROBERT CUNNINGHAM

Fitzgerald, GA

#8 Aug 24, 2010
ADAM & EVE...NOT ADAM & STEVE
kinsey would love you

Dothan, AL

#9 Aug 25, 2010
Micheal wrote:
I only have one question for all of you, who the heck died and made any of you God? The last time I checked He makes the final judgement not any of you. I am a gay man that lives in Dothan and I am going to tell all of you like I told my grandparents who are avid church goers. None of you have the right to judge me, what I do or how I do it. God does not make crap. Do you think all the gay people in the world just wake up one morning and decided that they want to be this way? That is a negative because it is harder for someone to come out of the closet and live with those consequences than it would be for us to stay in the closet. I understand that people have their opnions and that is fine but you don't have to broadcast them over the internet and say that we are all going to Hell for what we do. If that is the case than we will find out when we are judged and that is not for any of you to decide. Also, when it comes to "marriage" within the gay community like someone said earlier, our government WAS NOT found on a religious standpoint. It was founded on being FREE and express yourself the way you want too without doing harm to someone else. So two guys or two girls that get married, is that harming you? No! It in no way shape or form harms anyone. We pay our bills the same way everyone else does. We work just like everyone else so why should we not have the right to marry other than y'alls religious standpoint which has NOTHING to do with our government might I add. Do you judge premartial sex this harshly because according to the bible I have read it says no sin is greater than another. All of you guys that did judge therefore are commiting just as bad as a sin as we are. Think about that.
to move to out termite shacks welcome to home of the potholes.
Micheal

Dothan, AL

#10 Aug 25, 2010
ROBERT CUNNINGHAM wrote:
ADAM & EVE...NOT ADAM & STEVE
Yeah. Okay thats fine and you can think that all you want and that is fine. But you realize right now you are judging which if you are as much as a "christain" as you say you are then you are breaking one of God's rules too. But that is fine. You can't talk to ignorance just like you can't talk to a drunk. Have a fine day!:)
Micheal

Dothan, AL

#11 Aug 25, 2010
kinsey would love you wrote:
<quoted text>to move to out termite shacks welcome to home of the potholes.
I am not sure I understand?
Micheal

Dothan, AL

#12 Aug 25, 2010
Marriage is just two people who promise to spend the rest of their lives together. The only thing is says in the constitution is that I have every right to do as I please as long as it does not infrenge on another's rights. So two people of the same sex marry, how is that affecting your rights? There is a difference between our LEGAL rights and God's law. It is called separation of church and state.
get married

Dothan, AL

#13 Aug 26, 2010
you still can live in kinsey.hope you have a good life
Micheal

Dothan, AL

#14 Aug 27, 2010
Yeah. Okay. I will.
against laws

Dothan, AL

#15 Aug 29, 2010
Its against gods laws!!!
Read the bible and you all will know why to oppose this
ROSE

Mobile, AL

#16 Aug 30, 2010
against laws wrote:
Its against gods laws!!!
Read the bible and you all will know why to oppose this
Our nation's laws are not based on religious beliefs.
Remember Separation of Church and State?
Citizens should never have to be forced to live by the religious beliefs of anyone.
Would you want to be forced to live by the religious beliefs of someone whose religion you do not follow?
Think about it.
Marriage is a fundamental right of ALL citizens of the USA.
BTW, Jesus never spoke against homosexuality. In fact, He never even mentioned it.
ROSE

Mobile, AL

#17 Aug 30, 2010
against laws wrote:
Its against gods laws!!!
Read the bible and you all will know why to oppose this
One more comment:
There are countless gays who ARE Christians!
God loves them just as much as He loves you and me.
nations laws

Dothan, AL

#18 Sep 1, 2010
ROSE wrote:
<quoted text>
One more comment:
There are countless gays who ARE Christians!
God loves them just as much as He loves you and me.
I never posted about the nations laws!!
READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
Those are GOD'S LAWS!!!
OBEY!!
kinsey sugar shack

Dothan, AL

#19 Sep 1, 2010
votes yes for drag queens. do i have a second i second
Stacy

Dothan, AL

#20 Sep 2, 2010
One Man & One Woman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dothan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Stokes Aug 18 Annettabrunett 1
lendon webb (Jan '11) Aug 7 Alanna 3
Rickey Stokes = Yellow Journalism (Jul '09) Jul 31 lolstokesfamily 216
peoples of kinsey alabama (Feb '15) Jul '15 Dothan News 5
Kinsey Alabama History (Jun '06) Jul '15 Dothan News 5,556
Review: Comfort Dental Care & Orthodontics Jul '15 LENTOM1 1
Review: Hall Housing Investments Inc (Oct '08) Jul '15 Peptreesux 39
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]