Gay Marriage Debate - Cherokee, NC

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Cherokee, NC.

Do you support gay marriage?

Cherokee opposes
Oppose
 
44
Support
 
27

Vote now in Cherokee:

Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeny

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 19, 2012
 
henry walkingstick wrote:
it is biblically wrong and immoral
first explain to yourself what those words you so cluessly use mean and then come and tell us if you have the right pass judgement upon others...
abcdefghijklmnop qrstuvwxy

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 22, 2012
 
hehe religious people are weird
True

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 22, 2012
 
nagasee wrote:
<quoted text>genesis 2 talks of marriage, the Bible says it is an abomination unto God if a man lay with a man or a woman lay with a woman or if they lay with a beast, read leviticus this a book of the law of God
a lot of folks don't believe that crap! Save it!
nativepride

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 29, 2012
 
Even the.animals know better than to have same sex relationship. If nature can tell the difference then why can't humans?
What

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 29, 2012
 
nativepride wrote:
Even the.animals know better than to have same sex relationship. If nature can tell the difference then why can't humans?
Are u crazy! Lots of animals exhibit homosexual behavior!

“Southern Witch”

Since: Aug 10

I'm in your yard, naked!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 18, 2012
 
nativepride wrote:
Even the.animals know better than to have same sex relationship. If nature can tell the difference then why can't humans?
I don't feel like typing out this list, so I'll just do this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_...

Enjoy.
BBE

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 18, 2012
 
We're all humans.
Angie

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 3, 2012
 
Republicans in front of a National camera scream JOBS-JOBS-JOES,but behind the door in back they work on abortions,and women rights..and NOT JOBS as THEY WOULD LIKE YOU TO BELIEVE.

Republicans War On Women.

100,000 Strong for a Real "Violence Against Women Act"

Despite President Obama’s veto threat, Republicans passed a bill that denies protections for victims of domestic violence if they are immigrants, Native Americans, or members of the LGBT community.

Republicans are calling it their “Violence Against Women Act.” The truth is any bill that discriminates against women because of their ethnic background or sexual orientation is not worthy of being called the Violence Against Women Act.

Will you stand with us for protecting all women in the Violence Against Women Act?

www.dccc.org

www.Democrats 2012.com
Common Sense

Bryson City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 13, 2012
 
Those of you who say that homosexuality is a choice don't really know what you are talking about. I'm not gay, but I do have close friends who are, and I believe what they tell me. That feeling of discomfort you have if you are a heterosexual man and think about what it would be like to be with another guy? That's the same feeling a gay man has when he thinks about being with a woman. He can't "choose" to be anything. As far as the posters who use Leviticus as their basis for hating homosexuality.....well, no bacon or pork chops for you. Also, you'll have to throw away most of your clothes, as no fiber blends are allowed. Oh, and it's ok if you want to sell your daughter into slavery. But there is an upside; you can have more than one wife if you wish. Well, that kinda sheds a new light on the Defense of Marriage Act, doesn't it? Oh, you say conditions have changed? No, you can't have it both ways. Either the Bible is the immutable word of God, or it isn't. It seems to me that if homosexuality was important to the Creator, he would have had Jesus say something about it. He didn't. Not one word. Also, why are there so many gay animals? Did they "choose" to be gay, or did God make them that way?
Suzanne-Zan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 2, 2012
 
Two spirited Cherokee
Me abc

Clemson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 1, 2014
 
All gays and atheists and non-God believers will burn in hell!
country boy

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 5, 2014
 
Adam + Eve= Adam Jr & Evette ( actually Cain & Abel)

Adam + Steve= perverts & no possible way to procreate
Rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Mar 14, 2014
 
nativepride wrote:
Even the.animals know better than to have same sex relationship. If nature can tell the difference then why can't humans?
You need a subscription to National Geographic.

There is a ton of documented evidence of same sex activities in the animal kingdom, from elephants to canine, I will stop there because it is a long list, don't take my word, do a little unbiased research on the subject matter.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Mar 14, 2014
 
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a subscription to National Geographic.
There is a ton of documented evidence of same sex activities in the animal kingdom, from elephants to canine, I will stop there because it is a long list, don't take my word, do a little unbiased research on the subject matter.
Great post :)

Actually, there is an entire book on same sex activities in the animal kingdom written by Bruce Bagemihl entitled Biological Exuberance. I used it as one source several years back for an argumentative essay on the position that sexual orientation is not chosen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]