Gay Marriage Debate - Cedar City, UT

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Cedar City, UT.

Do you support gay marriage?

Cedar City opposes
Oppose
 
51
Support
 
37

Vote now in Cedar City:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barbara Hart

Saint George, UT

#2 Aug 26, 2010
Two penises don't procreate, nor do 2 vagina's, easy enough... dumb asses
Nadine

Cedar City, UT

#3 Aug 27, 2010
People in America should have an equal right to marry the person they love.
JILL

Layton, UT

#4 Aug 27, 2010
Nadine wrote:
People in America should have an equal right to marry the person they love.
they should if they are male and female not male, male, female, female I don't want children to know what these are its wrong and nasty.. read the bible it says its abombination to god him self its wrong what the hell don't you people understand.. GOD SAYS ITS WRONG.... IF YOU THINK ITS RIGHT YOU BELONG IN HELL
Amy

United States

#5 Aug 29, 2010
Two people that are committed and love each other should be allowed equal rights. We are all U.S. citizens. Our sexual preferences should not be a determining factor in what rights we are allowed.
Dallas

West Jordan, UT

#6 Sep 4, 2010
im gayu and it shouldnt matter to anyone unless you are the one in their shoes you have no idea what they feel trust me it isnt easy being gay its hard cause people cant relize what people feel its their choice and it should only matter that everyone is happy seriously and its not like gay people ask striaght people to be gay because they wouldnt like it so why do they want gays to be straight think about it that way
Nikki

Great Falls, MT

#7 Sep 29, 2010
Marriage is between a Man and Women.
Paul

Kingman, AZ

#8 Oct 3, 2010
the bible lays it out for you in english adam and eve not adam and steve. Its wrong to be gay. gay used to mean happy,now it means sexual preference. So wrong. used to be a good word now it means 1 of my sons is gay and he told me its his chioce and I still love him. but he has nothing to do with me his dad. Again he made his choice to hate me .
Paul

Kingman, AZ

#9 Oct 3, 2010
the bible lays it out for you in english adam and eve not adam and steve. Its wrong to be gay. gay used to mean happy,now it means sexual preference. So wrong.Gay used to be a good word now it means your preference' 1 of my sons is gay and he told me its his chioce and I still love him. but he has nothing to do with me his dad. Again he made his choice to hate me .for anyone who says that cant resist that life style I say dream on. God will help you.
John

Kirkland, WA

#10 Oct 6, 2010
Everyone should have the right to marry their true love, regardless of gender.
gay in cedar city utah

United States

#11 Oct 7, 2010
I am Gay
michael s.

United States

#12 Oct 14, 2010
I believe same sex couples should be afforded the same rights and responsibilities as any other couple
bob

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Oct 19, 2010
follow the bible
Rick

Great Falls, MT

#14 Oct 21, 2010
It is Gods law. Man can not change Gods laws! Look at the would around you it takes a male and a female to produce offspring. From Flowers to fish to all mammals.It is unnatural and not of life's plan.It is a choice you are not born that way.God would not send you to earth gay. That is not part of his plan.
Rick

Great Falls, MT

#15 Oct 21, 2010
gay in cedar city utah wrote:
I am Gay
I feel sorry for you that you have your head up your ass. Go see a shrink. I think you need one.
Ace

Mesquite, NV

#16 Oct 21, 2010
God didn't want it this way,...marriage is between a man and a woman.

NO I DO NOT SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE OR GAYS
rissa

Casper, WY

#17 Dec 11, 2010
The whole purpose of marrying someone is too share your love with them, why shouldn't they be allowed the same right as anyone else? By not supporting this, it only shows discrimination!!

“MARRIAGE EQUALITY is GOOD”

Since: Oct 10

for EVERYONE in our SOCIETY!

#18 Dec 11, 2010
bob wrote:
- follow the bible
Which part - the part that tells you to sell your first born daughter into slavery, or the part that tells you to kill your father for failing to obey the Sabbath?
Rick wrote:

- It is Gods law. Man can not change Gods laws! Look at the would around you it takes a male and a female to produce offspring. From Flowers to fish to all mammals.It is unnatural and not of life's plan.It is a choice you are not born that way.God would not send you to earth gay. That is not part of his plan.
You don't know the first thing about God's law, if you did - you'd shut your fat pie hole!
Rick wrote:

- I feel sorry for you that you have your head up your ass. Go see a shrink. I think you need one.
Feel sorry for yourself, as it's apparent to everyone on this thread that YOU have your own head up your own ass, and up the ass of everyone else around you. Talk about a real kiss ass!
Ace wrote:

- God didn't want it this way,...marriage is between a man and a woman.

NO I DO NOT SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE OR GAYS
It's not your place to support or oppose gays and gay marriage. If you read your bible, you'd know what God says about judging others, but we know, you just can't help yourself!
Katherine

Great Falls, MT

#19 Dec 11, 2010
"Two people that are committed and love each other should be allowed equal rights. We are all U.S. citizens. Our sexual preferences should not be a determining factor in what rights we are allowed."

Well put!
MissMisery

Great Falls, MT

#20 Dec 11, 2010
JILL wrote:
<quoted text> they should if they are male and female not male, male, female, female I don't want children to know what these are its wrong and nasty.. read the bible it says its abombination to god him self its wrong what the hell don't you people understand.. GOD SAYS ITS WRONG.... IF YOU THINK ITS RIGHT YOU BELONG IN HELL
The fact that there is actually someone in the United States who is this illiterate and poor at explaining their point of view makes me think we should be more concerned with education than gay rights. If I think that homosexuality is OK then I belong in hell? So, god punishes people for their beliefs? Oh wait, that's right, god sends people to hell for being skeptical of his existence! Some omnibenevolent "loving" god that you follow! I would gladly go to your god's hell, Jill, because he is a petty abusive and malevolent god. His antithesis would likely look more like a god to me.

People need to get over their disgust with their idea of "mismatched" genitalia. What are we in the 5th grade here? "Ewwwww, a penis and a penis, together! OMG Ewwwww!" Well, I can guarantee that there is someone in the world who thinks the way YOU make love is disgusting. We can all walk around pretending that we know the right way to live, that's not something difficult to do. Everyone thinks that they're absolutely right about almost everything. But how to have sex? Nobody can be right about that!

The problem here is that everyone is talking about sexuality as though it's a matter of ethics. I don't know who the first person was to speculate about the ethics of sexuality, but it really doesn't belong in the realm of ethics. Being safe about sex, responsible for what you do, etc, that's a matter of ethics. Who you love and how you want to make love is your business, you're not affecting anyone but yourself and your partner with what you do, assuming you are two consenting adults.

The people who have a problem with gay rights have no good reason for their problem. They are closed minded, ignorant, and afraid of what they can't understand.
MissMisery

Great Falls, MT

#21 Dec 11, 2010
It is Gods law. Man can not change Gods laws! Look at the would around you it takes a male and a female to produce offspring. From Flowers to fish to all mammals.It is unnatural and not of life's plan.It is a choice you are not born that way.God would not send you to earth gay. That is not part of his plan.
Oh, and this argument is so cute. Sex is not just for procreation. It is also a form of pleasure and an expression of love. Maybe you believe that what I just said is wrong, because it's not what God intended sex to be, but it is the truth wrong or right. If god didn't want sex to be pleasurable, then why did he make it so? Just to test us? Please! There are so many things on this earth which are contradictory to a plan, especially the plan that you say your god has. How do you know what god's plan even is? You trust the prophets? Do you trust the authors of the bible? Why? How do you know they had the word of god and didn't just farce it for their own power and ego gratification? How do you know they weren't a bunch of schizophrenics? And don't say BECAUSE I HAVE FAITH, man, I could say "I have faith that there's an invisible teapot orbiting the earth, and that it knows what I think, and tells me that I ought to make love only to sheep, and that making love with men of my own species is absolutely wrong" and you might challenge my faith with reason, and I will try the best I can to reason back, but in the end, if you reason better than I do, I can just say "well, I have my faith" and the argument is done. You can use god's plan to back up your insecurities about sex all you want, I'm not buying it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enoch Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov 29 Musikologist 10
Why is gas sooooo high in CC?????? Nov '14 frank 3
Debate: Marijuana - Cedar City, UT (Aug '10) Nov '14 Blackdog 37
Cheek attorney looks to appeal (Jul '10) Oct '14 chip 6
Rape of a child..... (Dec '09) Oct '14 bluebird _795 11
Utah university removes Harry Reid's name from ... Aug '14 kuda 3
Groundwater depletion sinks, cracks portions of... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Merlin Hansen 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]