Gay Marriage Debate - Blairsville, GA

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Blairsville, GA.

Do you support gay marriage?

Blairsville opposes
Oppose
 
70
Support
 
44

Vote now in Blairsville:

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
gamule

Commerce, GA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
its just not ment to be.its sin and may God have mercy on their soul
boodoodle

Richmond, KY

#2 Jul 27, 2010
gamule wrote:
its just not ment to be.its sin and may God have mercy on their soul
I assume you think you're 100% perfect just because you claim to be a Christian .... you don't come across as a Christian .... you're a very hateful/hatefilled/judgemental person.

As far as gay marriage, I really don't see the need for it as marriage is intended for procreation.
Nunya

Jefferson, GA

#3 Jul 27, 2010
Civil marriage ceremonies should be allowed. The government has no business telling people how to live their lives or what they can do in their bedrooms. Religious ceremonies should adhere to their religious principles and allow or not allow as led. My own church does not allow or recognize homosexual marriage, but I don't care if gay couples want to get married in a civil ceremony.
Nunya

Jefferson, GA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
1 vote

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#5 Jul 27, 2010
gamule wrote:
its just not ment to be.its sin and may God have mercy on their soul
Tell me where JESUS said that it is wrong....So are you a Christian or a Jew? Different rules do apply....are you circumcised?
Woody

Jefferson, GA

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Civil union for financial purposes but not traditonal marriage.
boodoodle

Richmond, KY

#10 Jul 27, 2010
Woody wrote:
Civil union for financial purposes but not traditonal marriage.
Ditto !!!
some facts

Spring Garden, AL

#11 Jul 27, 2010
civil union is one thing but marriage is another. marriage was created by God and a marriage between 2 men or women is not Gods intent for marriage.

selecia, there are several references in the Bible where It speaks of men laying with men and vise versa as sinful and abomination.
grateful citizen

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2010
equality for all
gumlog

Commerce, GA

#13 Jul 27, 2010
Is this on the ballot for November in Union Co.? So we know the yes votes.And YES I am a whining NO voter!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#14 Jul 27, 2010
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
...As far as gay marriage, I really don't see the need for it as marriage is intended for procreation.
Exploring your "logic":

So those people who can not procreate, either for medical reasons or due to choice, should be prohibited from marriage.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#15 Jul 27, 2010
Nunya wrote:
...My own church does not allow or recognize homosexual marriage, but I don't care if gay couples want to get married in a civil ceremony.
Or in a religous ceremony in a church that does sanction it ?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#16 Jul 27, 2010
some facts wrote:
civil union is one thing but marriage is another. marriage was created by God and a marriage between 2 men or women is not Gods intent for marriage.
selecia, there are several references in the Bible where It speaks of men laying with men and vise versa as sinful and abomination.
The laws of this country are not dictated by the Bible, nor any other sacred text. Care to try again?
Peach

AOL

#17 Jul 27, 2010
gamule wrote:
its just not ment to be.its sin and may God have mercy on their soul
Gamule, you are entitled to believe what you will.
I don't see anger in your statement, only a strong belief that homosexuality is a sin. According to the Bible and many religions, it is a sin and forbidden. Regardless what the liberal thinking people say, I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
nosey

Demorest, GA

#18 Jul 27, 2010
Just wandering, what brought this up?
gumlog

Commerce, GA

#19 Jul 27, 2010
nosey wrote:
Just wandering, what brought this up?
I think they want Lamar to put it on the ballot in November!
here are the facts

AOL

#20 Jul 27, 2010
why not, God created us all equal
GWB

Jefferson, GA

#21 Jul 27, 2010
Why not.
boodoodle

Richmond, KY

#22 Jul 27, 2010
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Exploring your "logic": So those people who can not procreate, either for medical reasons or due to choice, should be prohibited from marriage.
The concept of marriage (a man and a woman) in the beginning was for pro-creation, period .... doesn't have anything to do with those that cannot pro-create for whatever reason.
boodoodle

Richmond, KY

#23 Jul 27, 2010
The problem I have with any type of ceremony for gays has me asking one big question .... can't people in a gay relationship write in their wills where they want their estate to go in the event of their death? Wouldn't this suffice as well as a civil ceremony? Why bother with a civil ceremony at all?

I know of a gay couple where one came down with cancer and eventually died .... if they had been married then the surviving partner would have been responsible for his mate's hospital and other medical bills .... so, in this case, it was best that they couldn't get married.

In a civil ceremony would the surviving mate have been responsible for all medical bills? What constitutes (legalities) a civil gay ceremony?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Estate Agent Owned Property 15 min Question 9
cvs robbery 1 hr Screamer 22
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) 4 hr tmn post 241
MO Grand Jury re Officer Wilson 7 hr Love Blairsville 12
Happy Thanksgiving! 7 hr Timmy_ 1
what are the dog-like animals (Jul '09) 7 hr Timmy_ 38
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 8 hr Stop Ignorance 114
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]