Gay Marriage Debate - Austin, TX

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Austin, TX.

Do you support gay marriage?

Austin supports
Support
 
465
Oppose
 
114

Vote now in Austin:

Comments (Page 12)

Showing posts 221 - 240 of241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joe

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#231
Jan 22, 2012
 
I am not religious, but I only remember seeing Adam and Eve for a reason. It's not Adam and Steve.
Jen

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#232
Jan 29, 2012
 
LOVE IS LOVE
Angela Tabares

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#233
Feb 15, 2012
 
Love does not discriminate. Why should we?
A.P.

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#234
Feb 16, 2012
 
Man didn't create marriage, it is a divine creation from God which he created for specific purposes. We don't have a right to try to change something that we have no authority to change. The original Americans who made this law did so with that understanding, and theres no reason to try to change that. Nothing against gay relationships but gay marriage is almost like an oxymoron.

Since: Feb 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#235
Feb 28, 2012
 
It seems odd to me that gays think they can redefine societal institutions and traditions simply because they want to...for as long as anyone can remember, marriage in our society has been defined as being between one man and one woman. If you want to have a ceremony commemorating the fact that you are committing to live forever with someone who is of the same sex as you - fine - but it's not marriage. To me the idea of referring to a same-sex couple as "married" simply because that's what they want makes as much sense as referring to a woman as a man, just because that's what she wants. Sorry, but words mean things - if you're a woman, there's nothing you can do short of a sex change operation that will result in your being referred to as a man. If you're a gay couple, nothing you can do short of one of you getting a sex change operation is going to result in you being married.

Since: Feb 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#236
Feb 28, 2012
 
Angela Tabares wrote:
Love does not discriminate. Why should we?
Love DOES discriminate under the eyes of law as well as in our societal norms and traditions. You can't marry your own brother or sister no matter how much you love them. You can't marry more than one person, even if all parties agree. You can't engage in bigamy or polygamy. Sorry, but it is what it is.
Blair A

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#237
Feb 29, 2012
 
love is a human right
Bible Thumper gets owned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#238
Mar 1, 2012
 
Bible Thumper wrote:
It's against the law of God. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?
Bible Thumper, so is breaking the 4th Commandment. Your fat ass was eating out after church service last Sunday, and that is breaking the 4th Commandment. So, please, just shut your fat, hypocritical mouth.
yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239
Mar 1, 2012
 
Who gets to vote on straight marriages-- which end up failing over 50% of the time?

Since: Feb 12

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#240
Mar 4, 2012
 
Blair A wrote:
love is a human right
I agree - love IS a human right. Just like free speech. But free speech rights aren't absolute - you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater or incite a riot, for example. It's the same with love. You can love whoever you want....but love and the societal definition of marriage are two different things. The legal definition of marriage has nothing to do with love.
Dirty Companies

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#241
Mar 5, 2012
 
It's wrong and bringing kids into it is even worse!
Robert

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#242
Apr 15, 2012
 
cuz people

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#243
Apr 15, 2012
 
Dirty Companies wrote:
It's wrong and bringing kids into it is even worse!
The only clowns that bring kids into this conversation is people like you.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#244
Apr 15, 2012
 
daveatx wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't marry more than one person, even if all parties agree. You can't engage in bigamy or polygamy. Sorry, but it is what it is.
Mormons?
Austinite

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#245
Apr 19, 2012
 
It's equal rights to all Americans.
Everyone has a chance to pursue happiness, alright?
billy

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#246
May 26, 2012
 
As long as they are not doing something weird in public
cant stand gays

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#247
Aug 20, 2012
 
oldschool im a yahwist as well and dont go there.... yahweh destroyed sodom and gomorrah because of wickedness and the real reason was the men there wanted to rape the angels that were sent by yahweh instead of taking the mans daughters he offered.. goes to show you gays pnly care about their lust not morals. the gay lifestyle is a choice not born that way so cut the bull. i suppose pedos were born that way too.. unbelievable!!! im sick of fudge packers wanting everyone to agree with them or like them and if you dont you are wrong.
Lucy

Hutto, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#249
Sep 9, 2012
 
Love is Love just, give me a reasons for why Gay marriage should not be supported
A reason besides your Religion

Since: Jul 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250
Oct 21, 2012
 
God said no
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251
Oct 21, 2012
 
Gringo loco wrote:
God said no
And when we become a Christian Theocracy, what some one wrote that someone told them that someone who "spoke with God" said God said... it will matter. Till then... not so much

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 221 - 240 of241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Austin Forum right now

Search the Austin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 min Go Blue Forever 21,090
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Defiant1 16,792
Ebay Guardrail, Ebay Quick Decline, Purge of 15... (Aug '13) 20 hr EbayRevealed 10
Attorney General Abbott boasts about Texas economy 23 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Lisa Meroney Fri Not worth it 3
Ashley Wed Please help 2
Blue Servo Texas Border Watch (May '12) Jul 9 Bncherub 21

Austin Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]