Gay Marriage Debate - Atlanta, GA

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Atlanta, GA.

Do you support gay marriage?

Atlanta opposes
Oppose
 
414
Support
 
405

Vote now in Atlanta:

Comments
401 - 420 of 454 Comments Last updated -

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#439 May 30, 2013
come on now wrote:
You want the whole list or jsut a couple...
A) the 14th amendment explicitedly saying women are not equal to men....LIE. you have never shown where it says that... EVER. you show where you in your warped sense of logic infer the meaning,,, but have yet to show where it explicitely says.
B) Whats his name resigning for heterosexual activity. He resigned for being caught cheating. This is not a "hetero:" activity.
The list of lies goes on and an...
Your mentin that hetero offers essential benefits... just does not matter. The rule is the state must show overwhelming states interest to deny one set of citizens the same rights given another. What overwhelming reason would that be.... can't be children... so what/
The 14th Amendment gives rights to males and adults but not to women and minors; that's explicitly unequal. The 'lie' is C.o.n.'s misreading of the Constitution driven by political goals.

Also, his resignation was for a heterosexual affair; if he had resigned after a homosexual affair C.o.n. would contend he resigned because of homosexual activity.

Here's where the media admits same sex marriage supporters targeted conservative groups backing Proposition 8 and other marriage protection measures:

"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...

Busted!
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#440 May 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The 14th Amendment gives rights to males and adults but not to women and minors; that's explicitly unequal. The 'lie' is C.o.n.'s misreading of the Constitution driven by political goals.
Also, his resignation was for a heterosexual affair; if he had resigned after a homosexual affair C.o.n. would contend he resigned because of homosexual activity.
Here's where the media admits same sex marriage supporters targeted conservative groups backing Proposition 8 and other marriage protection measures:
"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...
Busted!
he 14th Amendment gives rights to males and adults but not to women and minors; that's explicitly unequal. The 'lie' is C.o.n.'s misreading of the Constitution driven by political goals."

STILL WITH THE LIES.
A) look up the word explicitly... means it says it not implies it (which the 14th does not) so lie lie lie
B) the only thing the 14th talks about is voting (besides the equal protection clause).... since that issue with voting was covered by the 19th amendment... you lie once again

You say I am misreading it... You say it is explicit..... Show your work. Cut and paste the part of the 14th where it explicitly (word for word so there is absolutly no ambiguity) says women are not equal.... come on liar I have ask you for this way tomany times...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#441 May 31, 2013
It says males and adults are unequal to females and minors here:

" But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State."

The 19th Amendment doesn't grant gender equality, just the vote.
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#442 May 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
It says males and adults are unequal to females and minors here:
" But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State."
The 19th Amendment doesn't grant gender equality, just the vote.
Once again the lie continues.... Where does it mention that women are not equal?... It talks about voting that is it. Which at the time were males over 21, which was amended by the 19th and 25th amendments to include women and 18 or older. It says ABSOLUTLY nothing about women not being equal to men... point out the SPECIFIC line that says women are not equal to men.....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#443 May 31, 2013
The issue is using the IRS to out marriage protectors, felons on the federal payroll. Put them in jail, not paid vacation.
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#444 May 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is using the IRS to out marriage protectors, felons on the federal payroll. Put them in jail, not paid vacation.
the issue is ssm... has nothing to do with your strawman

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#445 May 31, 2013
The issue is ssm supporters in the IRS leaking the names and tax records of donors to the National Organization for Marriage, NOM. They offer political opposition to same sex marriage.

The issue is criminal violations of the tax code. The issue is justice, if they had targeted gay groups c.o.n. would be singing another song.

But they didn't harass and target gays, they targeted conservatives.
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#446 May 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is ssm supporters in the IRS leaking the names and tax records of donors to the National Organization for Marriage, NOM. They offer political opposition to same sex marriage.
The issue is criminal violations of the tax code. The issue is justice, if they had targeted gay groups c.o.n. would be singing another song.
But they didn't harass and target gays, they targeted conservatives.
watch out... brian cant defend his position on ssm... so he is throwing out strawman to cover lies

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#447 Jun 2, 2013
What strawman? The issue is same sex marriage supporters in the IRS illegally leaking confidential taxpayer information to their political allies. The media admits it, the IG documents it, we need justice.

Investigate and prosecute the guilty.
Bear

Douglasville, GA

#448 Jun 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
we need justice.
For what?

Investigate and prosecute the guilty.
Of what?
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#449 Jun 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
What strawman? The issue is same sex marriage supporters in the IRS illegally leaking confidential taxpayer information to their political allies. The media admits it, the IG documents it, we need justice.
Investigate and prosecute the guilty.
Yea strawman.. this is about ssm.. not about the irs scandal... strawman to distract away from your constant stream of lies
Bear

Douglasville, GA

#450 Jun 2, 2013
No.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#451 Jun 3, 2013
It was same sex marriage supporters in the IRS that targeted NOM, leaked confidential tax records and conspired to conceal their crimes.

If the gay community won't join us condemning the criminals, live with consequences.
wendy hudgins

Cartersville, GA

#452 Jun 30, 2013
Yes, I support gay marriage, being a gay woman I don't feel like I should be denied the right to marry who I love

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#453 Jul 1, 2013
Nobody is denying you the right to marry who you love, in Georgia you may have a religious same sex marriage ceremony, that's no crime. If you love someone who's already married, you might be arrested for bigamy. And don't even think about marrying your closely related family.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#454 Aug 10, 2013
It is contrary to Nature and God

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#455 Aug 10, 2013
(QUOTE who="wendy hudgins) Yes, I support gay marriage, being a gay woman I don't feel like I should be denied the right to marry who I love(/QUOTE)
Before I post my comment I would like to say that it is not directed at you personally, I am a christan and I love everyone even the gay person, but I hate sin in any form. The bible says that sin is a reproach to any people. I understand that you have allowed your emotions to go inthat direction but it is still wrong. Women were not designed for one another, but woman and man are for each other. Says who? Nature, your physical body, God, the bible. Notice: two women cannot reproduce within themselves. If every woman decided to be gay the worlds populatio would crumble, unless you got the doctors involved surrogate, mothers, but wait what if doctors coudn't do that and technology wasn't that advanced. It would be genecide on the human race. Please consider your ways
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#456 Aug 11, 2013
"...worlds populatio"

Teabagger ????

Read your Bible, you're twisting it poorly.
jerry

Tampa, FL

#457 Dec 3, 2013
I belive you should marry who you want if you do as everyone wants youll never be happy

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#458 Dec 4, 2013
jerry wrote:
I belive you should marry who you want if you do as everyone wants youll never be happy
If you want to marry someone already married, that's good? If you want to marry someone too young to consent, you'll never be happy if you obey Georgia's law? Why don't you think this through again?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Statue of William Tecumseh Sherman Peachtree Plaza 22 min Osama Bin Laden 56
Is there another forum to use? 2 hr Robert E Lee 2
Recommended skin lightening products? (May '08) 3 hr Corsette 57
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 5 hr Lousy forum 1
Video Mind Control USA 5 hr Mind control 1
Report: Ice Cap Growing Though Gore Said It Wou... 7 hr JJack5 1
Getting along 11 hr fsgy 3

Atlanta Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]