Gay Marriage Debate - Amherst, OH

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Amherst, OH.

Do you support gay marriage?

Amherst opposes
Oppose
 
22
Support
 
21

Vote now in Amherst:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tommy

Amherst, OH

#1 Aug 21, 2010
Gay people are human also, remember equal rights.
no name

Frazeysburg, OH

#2 Aug 21, 2010
they r like anyone els
A God fearing man

Elyria, OH

#3 Aug 22, 2010
God says a man shall take a woman as a mate, not a man take a man, or woman take a woman.
Wayne_Elyria

Elyria, OH

#4 Aug 22, 2010
God instructs us, for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh...he doesn't say man take a man or woman take a woman.If you don't view being a homosexual a sin as told in the Bible, you must face up to the fact that your values differ from the Bible's.
no name

United States

#5 Aug 22, 2010
why does every one always use the bible for every thing did they use the bible when the prests where raping young boys no one has the rite to tell someone who they can and cant love

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 23, 2010
nope no one has the right to tell someone who they can and cant love, but personaly, i hate it when gay people go around flaunting theyer gayness YUCK!!!!!!!
News flash, your suposed to use the Bible for every thing, and put God first in your life, and if people didnt tell you that being gay was a sin and that u were gonna go to hell for it, then your blood would be on theyer hands come jugment day.
I hate to burst ur bubble, but you are NOT borne gay, God would not create an obomination.
Gay's are right up their with the baby killing ho's getten theyer abortions as far as im concerned!!!!
Gypsy

Troy, IL

#7 Jun 11, 2011
Some people don't believe in a secular being of all knowing and all power. And that's their right.

We fought and won something called the Revolutionary war because we didn't want the Church of England to control and oppress our country. We call it freedom. Remember that thing called the separation of Church and State? It's there for a reason. Because not everyone in this country believes in the Christian God. It's okay that you believe what you believe, but we are all free, so you don't have the right to impose your beliefs on others when they have their own. Be respectful to others, as you would want to be treated.

And I'll also mention that some of those "baby killing hos" are rape victims. I cared for a young lady who was raped and impregnated at 11 years old by a 60 year old man who bought her from her father for drugs. She grew up being sold as a prostitute, and at 15, she is lost to us all. When was the last time you volunteered your time to care for a crack addicted newborn? Never, I'm sure. Let me tell you, sitting in a dark room with a newborn that screams like an animal going through withdraw isn't cute. And what happens to those children when they grow up? They aren't adopted. They don't live in loving homes. They are institutionalized, or they are forced to grow up in and out of the system. If they do survive to be adults, they often continue living the life they were raised into. Where are YOU when the discarded children of our country are living in the slums, being sold to disgusting people, being abused, and not being educated?

Maybe you should look at yourself before you go throwing stones. Jesus spread a message of compassion, love and empathy. Maybe before you go to Church you should pray for yourself, because you judge others as if you were God. It seems you need some guidance.
Gypsy

Troy, IL

#8 Jun 11, 2011
Gays aren't gross. They are human beings, just like you are. Just because something is against what you believe, doesn't make it wrong. It just makes it wrong in your eyes.

The world would be a wonderful place if everyone worked on their own faults, instead of the perceived faults of others.

I know many, many wonderful gays and lesbian couples, that contribute to society in the same ways all of us do. They are human too, just like those of us who are straight, handicapped, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, fat, thin... Being gay isn't a new thing. It has been around for millions of years in nature. It's a natural sexual response.
anon

Lorain, OH

#9 Jun 12, 2011
weather being gay is right or wrong is not the issue, (although i do follow the biblical teaching) It is weather marriage of gays is correct. Traditionally marriage is the union of a man and woman, and also taught as this in the bible. Marriage is for the purpose of cementing together a family, with stability so that a man and woman can bear children without fear of abandoment. The laws and tax breaks that relate to married people is for the purpose of making the difficult task of producing and then raising children easier. While I do believe that gay people need to be treated with respect and kindness, (let's face it christians, Jesus would not beat them up) I don't think they need to be treated like a man and a woman who are married, they clearly do not meet the requirements of having both genders, and being able to produce children.
no name

Delaware, OH

#10 Jun 12, 2011
if yourin love go for it
no name

Delaware, OH

#11 Jun 12, 2011
A God fearing man wrote:
God says a man shall take a woman as a mate, not a man take a man, or woman take a woman.
andidont think god left u in charge
Gypsy

Belleville, IL

#12 Jun 12, 2011
anon wrote:
I don't think they need to be treated like a man and a woman who are married, they clearly do not meet the requirements of having both genders, and being able to produce children.
Excuse me, but I have a disorder that prevents me from carrying children. Does that mean I don't deserve to be treated with the same respect that other married couples do because I can't produce offspring? Does that make me an outcast to society?
Times have changed, and there is no longer a need for every person to procreate. People are living longer, and there are TONS of children under ward of the state.
Your argument is moot.
Nathan Dalton

Amherst, OH

#13 Jun 12, 2011
No matter who it is everyone deserves equal rights.
The BunBun

Amherst, OH

#14 Jun 12, 2011
SouthernKisses wrote:
nope no one has the right to tell someone who they can and cant love, but personaly, i hate it when gay people go around flaunting theyer gayness YUCK!!!!!!!
News flash, your suposed to use the Bible for every thing, and put God first in your life, and if people didnt tell you that being gay was a sin and that u were gonna go to hell for it, then your blood would be on theyer hands come jugment day.
I hate to burst ur bubble, but you are NOT borne gay, God would not create an obomination.
Gay's are right up their with the baby killing ho's getten theyer abortions as far as im concerned!!!!
1. You should not breed.
2. Learn to spell properly and I might honestly give your reasoning a chance.
3. People like you are the reason the world is so fucked up, you spout hate and base it on the bible a book full of fictitious writing and bigoted hate. I honestly wish instead of teens committing suicide because of people like you scaring them that you would kill yourself, do us and the gene pool a favor and do so.
Kim Shepard

Elyria, OH

#15 Jun 18, 2011
Two consenting adults who love one another should have the same rights as all. I don't like when people "pick and choose" passages from the bible. Did you know that there is a passage. If a child should speak against you, you shall cut his tongue. Do they follow that too?
Mike

Brunswick, OH

#16 Jun 20, 2011
No one should tell someone else what to do, simple as that. Love is Love.
sick of paying

Elyria, OH

#17 Jun 30, 2011
Readyour bible, GOD made it very clear that it is a sin to lay with a person of the same sex.
no name

Akron, OH

#18 Jul 1, 2011
sick of paying wrote:
Readyour bible, GOD made it very clear that it is a sin to lay with a person of the same sex.
where is that in the bible cant find it

“Living Life”

Since: Jun 11

harts wv

#19 Jul 6, 2011
I am bi-sexual and i wish i could openly be with women but i can not with out society degrading me and my lifestyle. So i have meaningless relationships with men to pass my time.
no name

Westlake, OH

#20 Jul 7, 2011
alonetime412 wrote:
I am bi-sexual and i wish i could openly be with women but i can not with out society degrading me and my lifestyle. So i have meaningless relationships with men to pass my time.
that is sooo sad be who u want to be and love who u want

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Apr 11 sam 181
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Apr 11 roy 59
Looking for a good quality gym (Jan '14) Apr 10 Camper 7
Need help! Apr 4 Pat 2
Reasons why lorain sucks (Apr '07) Mar '15 Tink010722 16
News 25-year old Matthew Plas arrested and charged w... (May '08) Mar '15 Robyn Lynn Shipman 9
who is cassie remali? Feb '15 kay 1
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]