Election Poll, June 2012 Debate - Caruthersville, MO

Discuss the national Election Poll, June 2012 debate in Caruthersville, MO.

If the election were held tomorrow, who would get your vote?

Caruthersville is voting for Romney.
Mitt Romney
 
110
Barack Obama
 
62
3rd Party Candi...
 
1

Vote now in Caruthersville:

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of175
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 8, 2012
 
Obama has already proved what a great President he is! He is succeeding in putting our country back together after Bush II nearly destroyed it - and he is doing this despite an uncooperative do-nothing congress). Even with everything Obama's got going against him - like a hostile Republican propaganda machine (who's determined to make him a one-term president)- Obama has still made in- roads in job growth and many other areas - and especially several VERY IMPORTANT military victories.

Yes, Obama certainly has my vote in the November election!!!
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 8, 2012
 
MY VOTE WILL GO TO Obama!!! Over the last 3 and a half years - he's made great in-roads in putting our country back together after Bush II nearly destroyed it. When he took office our country was on the brink of a great depression that could have have been much much worse if Obama had not made several intelligent(unpopular)decision s that saved our financial and auto industries.

Obama has also managed to take out Bin Laden and several other key members of terrorist groups who have been a threat to our country for decades. By contrast, Obama has made spectacular strides in securing our safty from terrorists; unlike George Bush II, who spent 8 years & millions & millions of dollars and cost the lives of thousands and thousands of American soldiers and our allies, innocent Iraq civillians & others - and still did not take out key terrorists leaders.

Obama has also worked tirelessly in trying to create jobs despite an uncooperative do-nothing congress and - an unrelenting hostile Republican propaganda machine (who are determined to make him a one-term President). Even with such a hostile congress, Obama has still managed to create several million jobs.

Obama has also made strides in many other areas - and I'm sure will go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents!!!
guest

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 8, 2012
 
D stands for defeated in November.
History

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 13, 2012
 
Ability, qualifications based on past
accomplishments
RL Abilene

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2012
 
Even though Romeny is not a conservative, he is not a marxist.
RL Abilene

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2012
 
Just want to understand how great Obama has been because I think I have have been missing something here. If he has been doing so great, then why has unemployment been as low since the great depression (by the way, that means worse than the infamous Carter years), and why is it that first home ownership is as low as the early '60's, and mortgage defaults are at an all-time high? If this is the road to prosperity, then I would really hate to see dispair. I guess we could blame Bush but he has been out of office for three years now, and to add to that, Obama on his first two years in office had a very friendly congress (Big-D in control of both houses). As far as this do-nothing congress. By God I like a do-nothing congress, because that means they are "do-nothing" to me.
ol coot from cooter

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
Obama has already proved what a great President he is! He is succeeding in putting our country back together after Bush II nearly destroyed it - and he is doing this despite an uncooperative do-nothing congress). Even with everything Obama's got going against him - like a hostile Republican propaganda machine (who's determined to make him a one-term president)- Obama has still made in- roads in job growth and many other areas - and especially several VERY IMPORTANT military victories.

Yes, Obama certainly has my vote in the November election!!!
you stupid old bitty! Must draw a check
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 15, 2012
 
ol coot from cooter wrote:
<quoted text>
you stupid old bitty! Must draw a check
Just because I'm for Obama you call me a stupid 'ol bitty??? Whatever happened to civility? What ever happened to respect? Whatever happened to common courtesy?

From my perspective, the same thing that's happened to civility, respect and common courtesy - is the same thing that's happened to the Republican party.

Where have all the intelligent Republicans gone? Have they all died off? Even Jeb Bush is disillusioned with this current crop of Republicans. Over the last year it has become increasingly more frightening what's happened to the GOP party.

It seems you're all behaving like a bunch of hoods! But, the funny thing is - the more you Republicans lie, cheat and misbehave - the more you tout what God fearing, bible-believing, Christians you are. This could almost be comical if it wasn't so serious.

Todays Republicans have strayed just about as far off the path of righteousness and Christianity as is possible. Todays Republicans are just DOWNRIGHT SCARY!!! And this comes from a real God-fearing, bible-believing Christian Democrat (which I am)!

This group of SCARY REPUBLICANS - combined with the fact that the GOP wants to dismantle Social Security & Medicare and lower even more taxes for the rich - and the fact that the GOP are war mongers, and the fact that Republicans have no real plan for creating jobs, is going to make it very difficult for Republicans to win in November - THANK GOODNESS!

So, why don't you get off Topix, pick up your bible and do some soul-searching. Then try to get your head on straight before calling someone else an 'ol bitty...
in-the-know

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 21, 2012
 
what do you think of local races?
county commissiones race?
who would you vote for
in-the-know

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 21, 2012
 
that county commissioner race
ol coot from cooter

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 21, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>Just because I'm for Obama you call me a stupid 'ol bitty??? Whatever happened to civility? What ever happened to respect? Whatever happened to common courtesy?

From my perspective, the same thing that's happened to civility, respect and common courtesy - is the same thing that's happened to the Republican party.

Where have all the intelligent Republicans gone? Have they all died off? Even Jeb Bush is disillusioned with this current crop of Republicans. Over the last year it has become increasingly more frightening what's happened to the GOP party.

It seems you're all behaving like a bunch of hoods! But, the funny thing is - the more you Republicans lie, cheat and misbehave - the more you tout what God fearing, bible-believing, Christians you are. This could almost be comical if it wasn't so serious.

Todays Republicans have strayed just about as far off the path of righteousness and Christianity as is possible. Todays Republicans are just DOWNRIGHT SCARY!!! And this comes from a real God-fearing, bible-believing Christian Democrat (which I am)!

This group of SCARY REPUBLICANS - combined with the fact that the GOP wants to dismantle Social Security & Medicare and lower even more taxes for the rich - and the fact that the GOP are war mongers, and the fact that Republicans have no real plan for creating jobs, is going to make it very difficult for Republicans to win in November - THANK GOODNESS!

So, why don't you get off Topix, pick up your bible and do some soul-searching. Then try to get your head on straight before calling someone else an 'ol bitty...
these republicans arent gonna take away your feeding trough!
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 22, 2012
 
ol coot from cooter wrote:
<quoted text>
these republicans arent gonna take away your feeding trough!
Well, if you really are an "ol coot" you should have real reason for concern should Romney win the white house in Nov. Unless you are independently wealthy (which I seriously doubt) you stand a real chance of having to pay hundreds more per year when Republicans privitize Medicare and give you a voucher. Did you not know that Romney has already signed on to Paul Ryan's Medicare dismanteling plan?

Republicans taking away my feeding trough??? How absurd! If you really are an 'ole coot' I would say you are feeding out of the same "trough" (that is) if you've ever worked and are eligible for Social Security and Medicare benefits.

I don't know about you - but I'm not feeding out of anybody's "trough" except a pool of money that I paid into all my working years.

My husband and I both worked and paid into Social Security and Medicare for over 80 years. So - we EARNED our Social Security and Medicare benefits!!! My husband and I both also earned retirement benefits from our former employers which provides for retirement checks each month for each of us.

In case you did not know - Medicare is not a free ride! In order to have full insurance coverage in our retirement years - it cost us over $500.00 our-of-pocket per month for our Medicare premiums and our AARP premiums.

It seems that a lot of the younger folks don't seem to realize that in addition to having paid into Medicare all our working lives - senior citizens still have to pay almost a hundred dollars per month (per person) for Medicare part A coverage. And if you want to have Medicare part B coverage - you must choose a private carrier and pay premiums to them (in our case that came to over $300. for a married couple).

In some cases, if a person chose to have the "Cadillac" of coverage for everything (eye-care, dental care, etc full prescription drug coverage etc.) it would cost them much more. In this case, those Medicare recipients could be paying $700.-$800. dollars or more for a married couple (out-of-pocket) per month for full health coverage!

So, I would suggest to you - get out in the fresh air, get a hobby, get yourself a part-time job or learn to occupy yourself in some more worthwhile pursuit than watching FOX TV all day long...
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 22, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you really are an "ol coot" you should have real reason for concern should Romney win the white house in Nov. Unless you are independently wealthy (which I seriously doubt) you stand a real chance of having to pay hundreds more per year when Republicans privitize Medicare and give you a voucher. Did you not know that Romney has already signed on to Paul Ryan's Medicare dismanteling plan?
Republicans taking away my feeding trough??? How absurd! If you really are an 'ole coot' I would say you are feeding out of the same "trough" (that is) if you've ever worked and are eligible for Social Security and Medicare benefits.
I don't know about you - but I'm not feeding out of anybody's "trough" except a pool of money that I paid into all my working years.
My husband and I both worked and paid into Social Security and Medicare for over 80 years. So - we EARNED our Social Security and Medicare benefits!!! My husband and I both also earned retirement benefits from our former employers which provides for retirement checks each month for each of us.
In case you did not know - Medicare is not a free ride! In order to have full insurance coverage in our retirement years - it cost us over $500.00 our-of-pocket per month for our Medicare premiums and our AARP premiums.
It seems that a lot of the younger folks don't seem to realize that in addition to having paid into Medicare all our working lives - senior citizens still have to pay almost a hundred dollars per month (per person) for Medicare part A coverage. And if you want to have Medicare part B coverage - you must choose a private carrier and pay premiums to them (in our case that came to over $300. for a married couple).
In some cases, if a person chose to have the "Cadillac" of coverage for everything (eye-care, dental care, etc full prescription drug coverage etc.) it would cost them much more. In this case, those Medicare recipients could be paying $700.-$800. dollars or more for a married couple (out-of-pocket) per month for full health coverage!
So, I would suggest to you - get out in the fresh air, get a hobby, get yourself a part-time job or learn to occupy yourself in some more worthwhile pursuit than watching FOX TV all day long...
looks like you voted for obama 6 times on here!!
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 22, 2012
 
Red wrote:
<quoted text>looks like you voted for obama 6 times on here!!
You can only vote once on this Topix election poll! I guess Topix has it fixed so you only get one vote per computer or IP number (or whatever they call it).

Topix must have this same poll all over the state - maybe all over the nation (I don't know for sure).

I first voted for Obama on the C'ville election poll - and when I tried to vote for Obama on the Rolla election poll MY VOTE WOULD NOT REGISTER. This is strange because the results of the Topix polls are different in the two towns.

Or it could be just another Republican conspiracy to try to supress even the election polls!!!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 23, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only vote once on this Topix election poll! I guess Topix has it fixed so you only get one vote per computer or IP number (or whatever they call it).
Topix must have this same poll all over the state - maybe all over the nation (I don't know for sure).
I first voted for Obama on the C'ville election poll - and when I tried to vote for Obama on the Rolla election poll MY VOTE WOULD NOT REGISTER. This is strange because the results of the Topix polls are different in the two towns.
Or it could be just another Republican conspiracy to try to supress even the election polls!!!
Ya know 61 Alumni, the Cville topix forums have become almost unreadable. What with the all the perverts advertising for sex, the multiple personality's of gene being his racist and vulgar ole self everywhere you look and a few ugly jealous women in town hat’n on the attractive ones...all that distraction makes it almost impossible to discuss the finer points of politics. Forget discussing the intricacies of the Beatitudes…
I have a few hints to avoid the porn and XXX postings on topix.

1 Never click on a thread when the subject is a persons name and nothing else. It’s more than likely a jealous woman out for revenge.

2 Dollar signs followed by the initials bj will NOT take you to the lowest lawn mover or motor cycle sale price.

3 Read anything posted by someone who have “gene” in their moniker. He’s a tool of satan who goes by many names but always end up cussing, slandering and spreading hate.

Anyway, I blame it all on the breakdown of the great society, brought about by liberal democratic politicians over the past 60+ years. Rush and Glen are doing their level headed best to fight the national pollution and vulgarity, but they need all our support to get the country back on the right track. Don’t you agree?
guest

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 23, 2012
 
Boy that map sure looks pretty red.

I will vote for Romney.

Yes, D will stand for DEFEATED when I cast my vote in November.

After the last 3 years of Obama forcing his agenda on us and the democrats not standing up to him, I will NEVER vote for another democrat.
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 23, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only vote once on this Topix election poll! I guess Topix has it fixed so you only get one vote per computer or IP number (or whatever they call it).
Topix must have this same poll all over the state - maybe all over the nation (I don't know for sure).
I first voted for Obama on the C'ville election poll - and when I tried to vote for Obama on the Rolla election poll MY VOTE WOULD NOT REGISTER. This is strange because the results of the Topix polls are different in the two towns.
Or it could be just another Republican conspiracy to try to supress even the election polls!!!
yeah, some of us ole southern democrats are like that too!! I will ride the elephant this year - heard you were working at the polls for obama, passing out 1/2 pints of whiskey for votes (<;!! Remember those days - my uncle would bring in a truck load of cotton choppers or pickers from his farm - each was handed a 1/2 pint of whiskey when they got back on the truck - 42 votes for clyde and hot!!
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 23, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only vote once on this Topix election poll! I guess Topix has it fixed so you only get one vote per computer or IP number (or whatever they call it).
Topix must have this same poll all over the state - maybe all over the nation (I don't know for sure).
I first voted for Obama on the C'ville election poll - and when I tried to vote for Obama on the Rolla election poll MY VOTE WOULD NOT REGISTER. This is strange because the results of the Topix polls are different in the two towns.
Or it could be just another Republican conspiracy to try to supress even the election polls!!!
That is strange - i have voted 4 times on the Bossier City/Shreveport topix - you know how louisiana politics is though!!!
19 61 Alumn Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 24, 2012
 
Red wrote:
<quoted text>That is strange - i have voted 4 times on the Bossier City/Shreveport topix - you know how louisiana politics is though!!!
If you really voted 4 times on Topix in LA (in this poll), I'm sure you didn't use the same computer to do your voting. Topix seems to be able to ban voting more than one time (from the same computer).

Either that - or - Topix has found a way to surpress EVEN the Democratic votes cast on this electionn poll!

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the case though. Because Republicans are trying their dead level best to supress the vote of people who traditionally vote for Democrat (all around the nation). Topix is probably owned by some wealthy Republicans who are trying to make Obama a one-term president.

Isn't it strange that all national polls show Obama several points ahead of Romney - yet this Topix poll shows the opposite!!! Sort'a smells fishy if you ask me...
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 25, 2012
 
19 61 Alumn Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really voted 4 times on Topix in LA (in this poll), I'm sure you didn't use the same computer to do your voting. Topix seems to be able to ban voting more than one time (from the same computer).
Either that - or - Topix has found a way to surpress EVEN the Democratic votes cast on this electionn poll!
I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the case though. Because Republicans are trying their dead level best to supress the vote of people who traditionally vote for Democrat (all around the nation). Topix is probably owned by some wealthy Republicans who are trying to make Obama a one-term president.
Isn't it strange that all national polls show Obama several points ahead of Romney - yet this Topix poll shows the opposite!!! Sort'a smells fishy if you ask me...
keep in mind, i voted republican - you know what crooks we are, especially southern democrats voting republican - topix could care less - every time we post on here, we make them money - that's all they care about - you know, this is not going to be a fun election for me this year - i am not real fond of romney, but obama has put us in worst shape than carter did in his 4 years - i just really don't think the country can take another 4 years of his administration - nothing to do with his color (he is also white)- he is just too inexperienced to handle the job - oh, can you explain to me why gas prices have dropped as they have - what has prevented it from happening sooner - election year maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of175
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]