Civil Unions Debate - Jacksonville, FL

Discuss the national Civil Unions debate in Jacksonville, FL.

Are Civil Unions Enough?

Jacksonville thinks marriage is between a man and a woman
Marriage is bet...
 
145
No, gay marriag...
 
22
Yes, that's plenty
 
4

Vote now in Jacksonville:

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Why is EQUALITY so difficult to comprehend? Does lighting another candle reduce the light from your own? Why does society want to keep from same sex couples the stability provided by marriage?

I used to think that civil unions were suitable but as i have grown older, I see that is a separate but equal bone much like the Jim Crow days with Blacks.

You don't have to be GAY to want EQUALITY for Gay people. You have to be intelligent.
heterosexual

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Jan 14, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Why is EQUALITY so difficult to comprehend? Does lighting another candle reduce the light from your own? Why does society want to keep from same sex couples the stability provided by marriage?
I used to think that civil unions were suitable but as i have grown older, I see that is a separate but equal bone much like the Jim Crow days with Blacks.
You don't have to be GAY to want EQUALITY for Gay people. You have to be intelligent.
that is your problem, you thinking.
noshellswill

Saint Augustine, FL

#3 Jan 14, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Why is EQUALITY so difficult to comprehend? Does lighting another candle reduce the light from your own? Why does society want to keep from same sex couples the stability provided by marriage?
I used to think that civil unions were suitable but as i have grown older, I see that is a separate but equal bone much like the Jim Crow days with Blacks.
You don't have to be GAY to want EQUALITY for Gay people. You have to be intelligent.
And it has not been demonstrated to your satisfaction that (median) Negrro behavior is stupid, lazy and violent? In fact nine-times the violence and one-ninth the productivity: 9x9=81 times as useless as whites! Is it not clear that a Negroo dominated culture cannot rise from the Neolithic(stone age)?

My dear woman, since the bleeding-heart errors of the 1960s where have you been living ... Hobitsville?
Allen

Homestead, FL

#4 Jan 16, 2012
Religion is not a basis for legal rights

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#5 Jan 16, 2012
Complete equality.
sammy

New York, NY

#6 Jan 16, 2012
Marriage is an institution designed and administered by God for a lifelong union in
Holy Matrimony of one man and one woman, according to the Scriptures or Bible

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#7 Jan 16, 2012
sammy wrote:
Marriage is an institution designed and administered by God for a lifelong union in
Holy Matrimony of one man and one woman, according to the Scriptures or Bible
What do you call it when atheists marry...or Hindu..or Buddhists...or anyone who is not religious?
You don't know that marriage is a basic contract.
TOASTER

Pomona Park, FL

#8 Jan 16, 2012
That's the way it is --
Voldemort

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 16, 2012
To get rid of the homophobes.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Jan 17, 2012
1) Where does one draw the line? If marriage between two men or two women is ok, why not three women, or three women and a man, or a man and a sheep?
2) If the reason for wanting gay marriage is equality, then a civil union should be enough because it provides the same legal benefits/problems that a marriage does. The only reason to want gay marriage over civil unions has more to do with being against a standard of morals and ethics than being for gay marriage.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#11 Jan 17, 2012
FLBeaver wrote:
1) Where does one draw the line? If marriage between two men or two women is ok, why not three women, or three women and a man, or a man and a sheep?
2) If the reason for wanting gay marriage is equality, then a civil union should be enough because it provides the same legal benefits/problems that a marriage does. The only reason to want gay marriage over civil unions has more to do with being against a standard of morals and ethics than being for gay marriage.
Were you born this way or did you have to work at being this uninformed?
noshellswill

Saint Augustine, FL

#12 Jan 17, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Complete equality.
Giggle me a laugh silly woman. Noone are less equal than humans .. in any of their endeavors and behaviors. REPEAT: no such animal as "equality". One mans ceiling is another mans floor ... etcetc. One woman struggles 50 years doing what another may accomplish in ten-minutes! Life is like that.

Striving humans stand on giants shoulders and a wise yeoman seeks his betters. Unless like scum Rawlsians you would blind the far-sighted, cripple the swift and brainwash the genius. Would you break a quilters/seamstress fingers from spite?

Does bytch Gais Neolithic infect you with its screaming agonies? Are you are scum Rawlsian SJ? And of-course Dick and Jane ... are not Rick and Blaine ... compredre?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#13 Jan 17, 2012
No one can comprehend this drivel. It must be years of Absinthe use.
Mickler

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jan 17, 2012
Isn't this tautology? I haven't heard how a civil union wouldn't bring about the same result as a legal marriage.
Jacko

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Jan 17, 2012
I think its important to understand the original point of a natural union.
Jacko

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Jan 17, 2012
I help people get their business going online either way http://youronline.biz/
TOASTER

Pomona Park, FL

#17 Jan 17, 2012
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
And it has not been demonstrated to your satisfaction that (median) Negrro behavior is stupid, lazy and violent? In fact nine-times the violence and one-ninth the productivity: 9x9=81 times as useless as whites! Is it not clear that a Negroo dominated culture cannot rise from the Neolithic(stone age)?
My dear woman, since the bleeding-heart errors of the 1960s where have you been living ... Hobitsville?
You are 100% correct. Crime, unemployment,and illegitimate birth rate numbers prove
your point. Not just in the US ,but every country they inhabit.
Real world ---

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Jan 17, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Were you born this way or did you have to work at being this uninformed?
As usual, you're confused. If I was uninformed I'd be a liberal, in which case I wouldn't work for anything, it would be handed to me.

And as usual, you're good with the snide comments but don't really have any points to support your position.
just saying

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Jan 17, 2012
FLBeaver wrote:
1) Where does one draw the line? If marriage between two men or two women is ok, why not three women, or three women and a man, or a man and a sheep?
2) If the reason for wanting gay marriage is equality, then a civil union should be enough because it provides the same legal benefits/problems that a marriage does. The only reason to want gay marriage over civil unions has more to do with being against a standard of morals and ethics than being for gay marriage.
You are misinformed regarding c/u being enough. The rites of a couple (be it ssc or hetero) joined under a c/u verses those under a marrige license are vastly different.
marriage offers federal protection and rites, c/u dont.
marriage is transferable state to state, c/u are not...
There are many more inequalities between c/u's and marraiges.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 17, 2012
Gays need civil marriage with all the state and federal rights heterosexual couples take for granted. It doesn't hurt or affect straight couples nor does it take anything away from straight couples. It doesn't infringe on straight people's or a church's right either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game! (Jan '10) 15 hr Analog man 29
Google --- neo-Stalinist pimps: Worth the read Thu noshellswill 1
Heh Bytch Obama.nation ... secure USA borders ... Wed noshellswill 1
Iron Order mc Oct 22 lilshorty 42
Obama.nation ... Bantu scum Oct 21 noshellswill 1
Obama.nation --- traitorous Bantu slut .... Oct 21 noshellswill 1
Traitorous Bantu Obama.nation pimps illegals Oct 21 noshellswill 1

Jacksonville Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]