Death Penalty Debate - Prescott, AZ

Discuss the national Death Penalty debate in Prescott, AZ.

Would you support the death penalty for the Arizona shooter?

Prescott undecided
Support
 
5
Oppose
 
5

Vote now in Prescott:

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“It's winter again.”

Since: May 07

Anywhere I hang my hat.

#1 Jun 14, 2011
The death penalty is never useful. In this case he is an obvious nutjob.
Vet

Rex, GA

#2 Jun 14, 2011
another-peace-nic wrote:
The death penalty is never useful. In this case he is an obvious nutjob.
Sure, it's useful. It is legal punishment for the murderer and protects the prison guards and innocent citizens from the murderer murdering again.
ima hoosier

Itasca, IL

#3 Jun 15, 2011
question. what is more expensive, keeping a murderer for years and years on the tax rolls, or just giving death to the murderer? i have wondered about the stats bu one never sees any stats re this issue. if one of you should know, please respond. i also wonder if this is a state to state stat because taxes differ, or does one fed taxable entity handle the monies spent on the criminals.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 Jun 15, 2011
No scientific reports have proven the death penalty to be a real deterrent from crime. It cost the Government MORE money to put a person to death, than keeping them alive the rest of their natural life. A human has no right taking another life, therefore, it is a ridiculous concept to believe you or the Government can play God and take a life away. Shall I really continue? I can.....

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 15, 2011
ima hoosier wrote:
question. what is more expensive, keeping a murderer for years and years on the tax rolls, or just giving death to the murderer? i have wondered about the stats bu one never sees any stats re this issue. if one of you should know, please respond. i also wonder if this is a state to state stat because taxes differ, or does one fed taxable entity handle the monies spent on the criminals.
It is commonly known that the cost of actually putting a person to death cost multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars, rather than the basic cost of continuation of keeping a criminal behind bars. Basic rational supports this, or it is easily available on the Internet.

In order for your and my Government to actually kill a person, the law requires so many different and costly processes, that once the sentence can be enforced, it has cost the taxpayer over $100,000.00 in Attorney fees, court fees, legal fees, etc. Not because the convicted criminal WANTS this necessarily, but all of these trials and appeals are automatic (Written into the Law) and done without any motions filed, or appeals.

Hands down, it cost so much more to execute an individual, as we, Americans, must protect the rights of the condemned persona and take every possible step, not to male a mistake, as this is not something we can fix.

Also, to that previous poster, there is not a single, scientific study, supporting your opinion that the Death Penalty deters anybody from committing crimes. It just does not! Hell, if I were faced with a life sentence in prison, or a death, escaping that lifetime with no freedom, I'd always choose death. I'm not even a criminal and I'd prefer the death penalty over prison. It does zero for crime!
Vet

Rex, GA

#6 Jun 15, 2011
TonioLarabi wrote:
No scientific reports have proven the death penalty to be a real deterrent from crime. It cost the Government MORE money to put a person to death, than keeping them alive the rest of their natural life. A human has no right taking another life, therefore, it is a ridiculous concept to believe you or the Government can play God and take a life away. Shall I really continue? I can.....
The legal death penalty is the law of the land in 34 states, the US gov. and the military. The deterrent factor is weakened by 20-30 year delays by liberals and lawyers who are enriched by the appeal process. Allow one year for appeals and if unsuccessful, vada voom. Watch murders go down . The cost is irrelevant to you , if it were 100% cheaper to execute , you would still oppose it. The legal death penalty PUNISHES the murderer and protects prison guards and other innocents from being murdered by the murderer.Your lack of empathy for the victims and their families is duly noted. You are in the extreme minority. Look at the poll.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Jun 15, 2011
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal death penalty is the law of the land in 34 states, the US gov. and the military. The deterrent factor is weakened by 20-30 year delays by liberals and lawyers who are enriched by the appeal process. Allow one year for appeals and if unsuccessful, vada voom. Watch murders go down . The cost is irrelevant to you , if it were 100% cheaper to execute , you would still oppose it. The legal death penalty PUNISHES the murderer and protects prison guards and other innocents from being murdered by the murderer.Your lack of empathy for the victims and their families is duly noted. You are in the extreme minority. Look at the poll.
No, it is your extreme lack of knowledge and your non-exposure to the real world to the facts that your country, the most "powerful" country on the world, is the ONE AND ONLY DEVELOPED COUNTRY STILL ALLOWING DEATH AS PUNISHMENT. So, you should be ashamed and embarrassed to be grouped with countries such as Algeria, Iraq, Iran, all underdeveloped, third-world countries.

Tell me Professor, when was the last time you were in Germany, having dinner with a President of a huge, multi-million dollar corporation and he turns to you and asks "How can you Americans, who are supposed to lead the world, still practice such a barbaric act of killing your citizens"? From what I read you posted, I am quite certain you have never been too far away from "home". I sat at that dinner table and explained that many of my citizens were still not as educated as you Germans, or most other developed countries. I continued to tell him I have always been against it and believe it is wrong to take another life, in any circumstance.

So post and write all you want on this subject, but until you have the experience and knowledge I have, I'd just sit back and learn. The USA has not been number one, or leading in any category for a very long time. People like you pretend America is "The Shit" and we are "Number One". Find any list, on any subject and you will always see the USA ranking very close to the end, not beginning. Health-care? Ha! Infant mortality, we suck! Yet, you want to banter on about how superior we are by putting people to death. That certainly takes a lot of effort, courage and leadership. Hook that dude up to an IV and let the machine do the rest! If you think that makes us a kind, or a nation that should be regarded as a role model, you are sadly, sadly mistaken.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jun 15, 2011
TonioLarabi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is your extreme lack of knowledge and your non-exposure to the real world to the facts that your country, the most "powerful" country on the world, is the ONE AND ONLY DEVELOPED COUNTRY STILL ALLOWING DEATH AS PUNISHMENT. So, you should be ashamed and embarrassed to be grouped with countries such as Algeria, Iraq, Iran, all underdeveloped, third-world countries.
Tell me Professor, when was the last time you were in Germany, having dinner with a President of a huge, multi-million dollar corporation and he turns to you and asks "How can you Americans, who are supposed to lead the world, still practice such a barbaric act of killing your citizens"? From what I read you posted, I am quite certain you have never been too far away from "home". I sat at that dinner table and explained that many of my citizens were still not as educated as you Germans, or most other developed countries. I continued to tell him I have always been against it and believe it is wrong to take another life, in any circumstance.
So post and write all you want on this subject, but until you have the experience and knowledge I have, I'd just sit back and learn. The USA has not been number one, or leading in any category for a very long time. People like you pretend America is "The Shit" and we are "Number One". Find any list, on any subject and you will always see the USA ranking very close to the end, not beginning. Health-care? Ha! Infant mortality, we suck! Yet, you want to banter on about how superior we are by putting people to death. That certainly takes a lot of effort, courage and leadership. Hook that dude up to an IV and let the machine do the rest! If you think that makes us a kind, or a nation that should be regarded as a role model, you are sadly, sadly mistaken.
Listen you moron. America doesn't follow we lead. I don't gave a rat's a** what you or the Germans think of the US. I lived in Europe for 3 years and have probably seen more of it than you, you clown. If you don't like our country don't come . You certainly aren't welcome. Where are you, Iran?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 15, 2011
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you moron. America doesn't follow we lead. I don't gave a rat's a** what you or the Germans think of the US. I lived in Europe for 3 years and have probably seen more of it than you, you clown. If you don't like our country don't come . You certainly aren't welcome. Where are you, Iran?
Oh, big man lived in Europe for THREE WHOLE YEARS! Try living there for over TEN, owning a home in Paris and Brazil. I now have homes in three different countries, so before you begin to shoot off your idiotic mouth, three years is NOTHING! Oh, in May (last month), how many times did you fly (Round-Trip) overseas? Once, twice? Try SIX!!! Yes, six times in May! I know more about other cultures, laws, anything than you. You are a typical, stupid, ethnocentric American.

Besides our over-bloated military, name one thing America is a leader in. Just one shouldn't be too difficult for a person as knowledgeable as yourself. You can't, because we are not number one in ANYTHING! America is not a leader, we have become weak, stupid (you're a perfect example) and lazy! When I was in Poland (I'm sure you lived there too) a couple of months ago, they asked me "why is America so racist and prejudiced people"? Poland! You can live in your white-trash house, thinking "You are number ONE", but that proves how little you know.

It is people like you that "think" we are the leader, when we really are no longer. Social issues, to health carer, we are at the bottom of every list. I'm not sure how you plan on supporting the crap you say, but I have the FACTS, you do not. You are a complacent, little worm, who thinks he knows everything. I bet you have not read a book in years, or studied current politics in America and around the world. By saying the things you wrote, proves what a moron and complete fool you truly are.

So, until you own homes in more than two countries and live there, don't even try to tell me you know more. My spouse is European and we've been together for 18 years. We commute between countries every weekend, so we can be together. I KNOW THE TRUTH and I hear it every day of my life. YOU? Probably sit in your trailer and make believe you are G. I Joe!

Shit, grow up dude and crack a book, or use the Internet to know and understand the facts before you open your dumb-ass mouth again and show the world how much you do NOT know. Leader? If I waited for you to find one thing we are a "Leader" in, I would be waiting until you die. Every country has passed us up in any category you can mention.

Your laziness and stupidity is why we are no longer the world's role model. Three years in Germany! Wow! I was President of a German company, called ThyssenKrupp AG. If you lived in Germany, you KNOW my company. So, don't even pretend you know one percent of my knowledge, experience and education. You are a military idiot, who probably never left the base. Yea, you are an "Expert" on International Relations.

You are a mosquito, easily slapped off and I'd squash. Until you have one intelligent thing to write, put it back in your pants and get back on your Lazy-Boy! Hey, if I Googled your name, how many pages would appear? Probably only your Facebook account. You are a joke and an embarrassment to me and everyone who really knows the truth.

Try working on it for a year, or two, then get back to me, so you can MAYBE understand the real world, not your little bubble. Frickin' waste of skin! I hope you are proud to be grouped in all terrible, third-world countries, pretending you are not. Facts are Facts and you cannot make up your own. You cannot prove a sing;e thing you posted is true! Just try! Waste your time, not mine.
Vet

Stockbridge, GA

#10 Jun 16, 2011
TonioLarabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, big man lived in Europe for THREE WHOLE YEARS! Try living there for over TEN, owning a home in Paris and Brazil. I now have homes in three different countries, so before you begin to shoot off your idiotic mouth, three years is NOTHING! Oh, in May (last month), how many times did you fly (Round-Trip) overseas? Once, twice? Try SIX!!! Yes, six times in May! I know more about other cultures, laws, anything than you. You are a typical, stupid, ethnocentric American.
Besides our over-bloated military, name one thing America is a leader in. Just one shouldn't be too difficult for a person as knowledgeable as yourself. You can't, because we are not number one in ANYTHING! America is not a leader, we have become weak, stupid (you're a perfect example) and lazy! When I was in Poland (I'm sure you lived there too) a couple of months ago, they asked me "why is America so racist and prejudiced people"? Poland! You can live in your white-trash house, thinking "You are number ONE", but that proves how little you know.
It is people like you that "think" we are the leader, when we really are no longer. Social issues, to health carer, we are at the bottom of every list. I'm not sure how you plan on supporting the crap you say, but I have the FACTS, you do not. You are a complacent, little worm, who thinks he knows everything. I bet you have not read a book in years, or studied current politics in America and around the world. By saying the things you wrote, proves what a moron and complete fool you truly are.
So, until you own homes in more than two countries and live there, don't even try to tell me you know more. My spouse is European and we've been together for 18 years. We commute between countries every weekend, so we can be together. I KNOW THE TRUTH and I hear it every day of my life. YOU? Probably sit in your trailer and make believe you are G. I Joe!
Shit, grow up dude and crack a book, or use the Internet to know and understand the facts before you open your dumb-ass mouth again and show the world how much you do NOT know. Leader? If I waited for you to find one thing we are a "Leader" in, I would be waiting until you die. Every country has passed us up in any category you can mention.
Your laziness and stupidity is why we are no longer the world's role model. Three years in Germany! Wow! I was President of a German company, called ThyssenKrupp AG. If you lived in Germany, you KNOW my company. So, don't even pretend you know one percent of my knowledge, experience and education. You are a military idiot, who probably never left the base. Yea, you are an "Expert" on International Relations.
You are a mosquito, easily slapped off and I'd squash. Until you have one intelligent thing to write, put it back in your pants and get back on your Lazy-Boy! Hey, if I Googled your name, how many pages would appear? Probably only your Facebook account. You are a joke and an embarrassment to me and everyone who really knows the truth.
Try working on it for a year, or two, then get back to me, so you can MAYBE understand the real world, not your little bubble. Frickin' waste of skin! I hope you are proud to be grouped in all terrible, third-world countries, pretending you are not. Facts are Facts and you cannot make up your own. You cannot prove a sing;e thing you posted is true! Just try! Waste your time, not mine.
Take hike you arrogant America hating prick. You look like a towel head and probably live in a shack in Iran.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 16, 2011
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Take hike you arrogant America hating prick. You look like a towel head and probably live in a shack in Iran.
The exact answer I would expect from an uneducated, white-trash idiot! What, you can't respond with facts, to support your crap you write and say is true?

You and I both know I am correct. That is why you resort to name-calling and off topic. I'm happy to listen/read anything you have to support your point, unfortunately it is impossible, because you know nothing!

Hope your trailer at least has swamp cooling!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 16, 2011
TonioLarabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, big man lived in Europe for THREE WHOLE YEARS! Try living there for over TEN, owning a home in Paris and Brazil. I now have homes in three different countries, so before you begin to shoot off your idiotic mouth, three years is NOTHING! Oh, in May (last month), how many times did you fly (Round-Trip) overseas? Once, twice? Try SIX!!! Yes, six times in May! I know more about other cultures, laws, anything than you. You are a typical, stupid, ethnocentric American.
Besides our over-bloated military, name one thing America is a leader in. Just one shouldn't be too difficult for a person as knowledgeable as yourself. You can't, because we are not number one in ANYTHING! America is not a leader, we have become weak, stupid (you're a perfect example) and lazy! When I was in Poland (I'm sure you lived there too) a couple of months ago, they asked me "why is America so racist and prejudiced people"? Poland! You can live in your white-trash house, thinking "You are number ONE", but that proves how little you know.
It is people like you that "think" we are the leader, when we really are no longer. Social issues, to health carer, we are at the bottom of every list. I'm not sure how you plan on supporting the crap you say, but I have the FACTS, you do not. You are a complacent, little worm, who thinks he knows everything. I bet you have not read a book in years, or studied current politics in America and around the world. By saying the things you wrote, proves what a moron and complete fool you truly are.
So, until you own homes in more than two countries and live there, don't even try to tell me you know more. My spouse is European and we've been together for 18 years. We commute between countries every weekend, so we can be together. I KNOW THE TRUTH and I hear it every day of my life. YOU? Probably sit in your trailer and make believe you are G. I Joe!
Shit, grow up dude and crack a book, or use the Internet to know and understand the facts before you open your dumb-ass mouth again and show the world how much you do NOT know. Leader? If I waited for you to find one thing we are a "Leader" in, I would be waiting until you die. Every country has passed us up in any category you can mention.
Your laziness and stupidity is why we are no longer the world's role model. Three years in Germany! Wow! I was President of a German company, called ThyssenKrupp AG. If you lived in Germany, you KNOW my company. So, don't even pretend you know one percent of my knowledge, experience and education. You are a military idiot, who probably never left the base. Yea, you are an "Expert" on International Relations.
You are a mosquito, easily slapped off and I'd squash. Until you have one intelligent thing to write, put it back in your pants and get back on your Lazy-Boy! Hey, if I Googled your name, how many pages would appear? Probably only your Facebook account. You are a joke and an embarrassment to me and everyone who really knows the truth.
Try working on it for a year, or two, then get back to me, so you can MAYBE understand the real world, not your little bubble. Frickin' waste of skin! I hope you are proud to be grouped in all terrible, third-world countries, pretending you are not. Facts are Facts and you cannot make up your own. You cannot prove a sing;e thing you posted is true! Just try! Waste your time, not mine.
16Jun11...You are one hateful bastard.

Ps: and one of the biggest LIARs on 3 legs. You also have schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 16, 2011
Bob-Loblah wrote:
<quoted text>16Jun11...You are one hateful bastard.
Ps: and one of the biggest LIARs on 3 legs. You also have schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Nice response and right on topic in this forum!!! Bring facts with you about the death penalty, if you think I'm wrong. I am perfectly capable of apologizing if I wrote something incorrect, however, your bullshit, I can do nothing with, except laugh!
Vet

Mcdonough, GA

#14 Jun 16, 2011
Bob-Loblah wrote:
<quoted text>16Jun11...You are one hateful bastard.
Ps: and one of the biggest LIARs on 3 legs. You also have schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I concur with that post, "Bob-Loblah," I still believe he lives in a hut in Iran.
Vet

Mcdonough, GA

#15 Jun 16, 2011
TonioLarabi wrote:
<quoted text>
The exact answer I would expect from an uneducated, white-trash idiot! What, you can't respond with facts, to support your crap you write and say is true?
You and I both know I am correct. That is why you resort to name-calling and off topic. I'm happy to listen/read anything you have to support your point, unfortunately it is impossible, because you know nothing!
Hope your trailer at least has swamp cooling!
It seems "Loblah" knows you and says you are a liar, chump. Just what I thought, a big mouth blowhard who hates America. I say you are a towel head who lives in the Middle East in a hut. Do you have electricity?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16 Jun 17, 2011
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems "Loblah" knows you and says you are a liar, chump. Just what I thought, a big mouth blowhard who hates America. I say you are a towel head who lives in the Middle East in a hut. Do you have electricity?
You have a mind of your own, prove to me one thing I wrote is a lie! What, are you just a sheep and not able to research and read for yourself???? Seriously, do you know how DUMB you sound???

I post, you read, if you disagree, find the facts to DISPROVE what I wrote. This isn't rocket-science you fool! These are facts, not fuzzy-wuzzy feelings!

I don't know Booboola, or whatever his name is and I could care less who he is. If either of you had one brain cell, you would STICK TO THE TOPIC and back up your posts with FACTS, not fiction, or opinion!

Yea, REAL WORLDLY!!! You cannot even back up your words with facts. Then, like a true sheep, following his master, you depend on some random posting. Pull your fat head out dude!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#17 Jun 17, 2011
TonioLarabi wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a mind of your own, prove to me one thing I wrote is a lie! What, are you just a sheep and not able to research and read for yourself???? Seriously, do you know how DUMB you sound???
I post, you read, if you disagree, find the facts to DISPROVE what I wrote. This isn't rocket-science you fool! These are facts, not fuzzy-wuzzy feelings!
I don't know Booboola, or whatever his name is and I could care less who he is. If either of you had one brain cell, you would STICK TO THE TOPIC and back up your posts with FACTS, not fiction, or opinion!
Yea, REAL WORLDLY!!! You cannot even back up your words with facts. Then, like a true sheep, following his master, you depend on some random posting. Pull your fat head out dude!
17Jun11....It's 'BobLoblah' and get it straight. Pronounced like 'blahBlahBlah'. Now don't screw up anymore.

Ps: Sticks and stones may break BobLoblah's bones but names will Never hurt BobLoblah.

......and you are still a schidt-for-brains tooooooooo.

BobLoblah Rules.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Vet

Mableton, GA

#18 Jun 17, 2011
Bob-Loblah wrote:
<quoted text>17Jun11....It's 'BobLoblah' and get it straight. Pronounced like 'blahBlahBlah'. Now don't screw up anymore.
Ps: Sticks and stones may break BobLoblah's bones but names will Never hurt BobLoblah.
......and you are still a schidt-for-brains tooooooooo.
BobLoblah Rules.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I agree, Sir. The guy is a clown and must live in a hut in Iran. He doesn't deny it.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19 Jun 17, 2011
Bob-Loblah wrote:
<quoted text>17Jun11....It's 'BobLoblah' and get it straight. Pronounced like 'blahBlahBlah'. Now don't screw up anymore.
Ps: Sticks and stones may break BobLoblah's bones but names will Never hurt BobLoblah.
......and you are still a schidt-for-brains tooooooooo.
BobLoblah Rules.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
BooBala: Do either of you ever write ANYTHING factual, or even rational, attempting to stay on the topic of the forum? One fact, I know you can do it!!!

I've done my part, so at least try and disprove what I wrote, rather than slinging stupidity around.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 17, 2011
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Sir. The guy is a clown and must live in a hut in Iran. He doesn't deny it.
I would not expect anything less from a sheep with your standards! Keep it up, whatever "it" is. As I mentioned to BooBola, can't you think of a single fact to support your case, or argument? Just one!!!

It's simple to sit on the sideline and contribute nothing, then criticize others, who have facts to back them up. Tons and tons of courage and what a self-starter you are! Keep those....whatever it is you write, coming!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Lawlor, Kenneth G Do - Kenneth G Lawlor DO (Apr '11) Nov 30 Current RA patient 8
Polski looks at the dome house in Dewey Nov 18 Polski 1
Looking for book on how to counter liberals in ... (Aug '12) Nov '14 The crazy jew 7
Living in HIGHLAND PINES is SCARY!!! (May '11) Nov '14 Resident 24
Asphalt replacement at Lake Valley Road, Pav Wa... Nov '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
Debate: Immigration - Prescott, AZ (May '10) Oct '14 Selma Markel 19
Bowen pulls out of school board race over confl... Oct '14 Chiropractor From... 13
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]