Armadebton Debate - Manchester, KY

Discuss the national Armadebton debate in Manchester, KY.

Who will you blame if the debt ceiling isn't raised?

Manchester Blames Republicans
Republicans
 
11
Democrats
 
4

Voting is now closed

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Bob

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 30, 2011
 
The senate can raise the debt ceiling on it's own. All it has to do is put clauses in that appease both Republican and Democrat hold outs in the house. That's been an option since day 1. The Demo's want to push it past the election so you don't think about it when voting. The Repub's want you to think about it. So, primarily the Dems have the power here. The party with the power never gets blamed
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 30, 2011
 
Have you noticed that Obama has offered the cuts the Republicans want and even more than they asked for but they still won't negotiate in good faith?

How about that slimeball teabagger republican Joe Walsh who is a deadbeat dad who owes over a hundred thousand dollars in child support and is a total failure in his personal finances but wants control our whole country's finances?
Oh Please

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 30, 2011
 
Like Obama has done such a good job!!!! He has been the worst President since Jimmy Carter. The stimulus package that was suppose to revive the ecomony only placed us further in debt. I think if Congress wants to make some cuts we should start with their paychecks. Cut out earned income credit. Do something about revamping our welfare system.
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 31, 2011
 
Oh Please wrote:
Like Obama has done such a good job!!!! He has been the worst President since Jimmy Carter. The stimulus package that was suppose to revive the ecomony only placed us further in debt. I think if Congress wants to make some cuts we should start with their paychecks. Cut out earned income credit. Do something about revamping our welfare system.
Lets see. The thing that Obama and Carter have in common is that they followed disastrous republican presidents. Their chances of success was not good.

Carter was stabbed in the back by Teddy Kennedy because he was jealous that it wasn't him the American people chose to be president. In the same way, Obama is opposed by a Republican congress that has already stated that their main goal is to make Obama a one term president. That is their main goal. Not what is good for the country. They will destroy this country rather than allow Obama to have a successful presidency.

How do you know the stimulus package didn't work? Do you have some sort of expertise or a crystal ball that tells you what would have happened if the stimulus started by President Bush wasn't continued by Obama?

Ronald Reagan's policies raised the national debt by the most extreme total to that time and he raised taxes several times yet he is considered a God by so called "Reagan Republicans." Heck, it was Reagan that took the Earned Income Credit you hate so much that was a very modest credit when it was passed in 1975 and made it what it is today.
Bob

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 31, 2011
 
Red Rooster wrote:
Have you noticed that Obama has offered the cuts the Republicans want and even more than they asked for but they still won't negotiate in good faith?
How about that slimeball teabagger republican Joe Walsh who is a deadbeat dad who owes over a hundred thousand dollars in child support and is a total failure in his personal finances but wants control our whole country's finances?
He may have offered the cuts and more but still wants to push the issue past the election. Yet he said we could not kick the can down the road any longer. By the way, the cuts are deficit spending. They're not cuts of current spending. So the debt continues to rise.
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 31, 2011
 
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
He may have offered the cuts and more but still wants to push the issue past the election. Yet he said we could not kick the can down the road any longer. By the way, the cuts are deficit spending. They're not cuts of current spending. So the debt continues to rise.
Still, he offered the Republicans more than what they wanted in cuts. They still want to protect the richest of the rich. They use the talking point of "job creators" but they are not creating jobs even tho their tax burden is less that it has been for over 60 years.
Bob

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 31, 2011
 
Not too many poor people creating jobs are there? The US has a maximum 35% tax rate on corporations. Most countries have a much better and less costly tax structure. The US runs corporations to other nations. Most oil companies with operations and offices in Texas have a Swedish Corporation Charter. It's cheaper. Everybody talks about taxing the rich, defined as those individuals making over $200.000/year. In a given situation, you could make over $1,000,000 in a year and not receive one dime in cash. The corporate tax structure needs to be revamped to attract corporation to the U.S. and that would attract jobs. But it's hard to create jobs when you have to cover the cost of all the entitlement programs for those who do not need them and for those who are here illegally.

It doesn't matter much. We'll eventually default. If that matters more than a mental uncomfortableness, then so will the rest of the world. Then the world will get together and create a currency, so nobody can default. Right? Creative monetary economics. Maybe I can win Lotto.
danny napier

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 31, 2011
 
I will blame the democrats of course, what would they do that If we raised our credit cards to the max whould they say oh, just raise the debt ceiling No way. we have to be responible.But, they don't, why? they tell us one thing but they do something totally irrisponsble! spend more than they have. if we did that. credit card companies would run us out of town. its do as i say not as I do.
danny napier

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 31, 2011
 
this country is going to go belly up because there not responsible. they'd laugh us out of town if we said Im maxed out on my credit cards and need to raise the debt cieling. yeah sure they would, Its don't do as I do ,but do as the government says. This country is going to go belly up. Look at gas prices the last ten eleven yrs. I cant understand why exxon/moble cant cut there own people any slack. Its all about greed in this ole land now. Wht do they have to charge the same price as the arab nations. you'd think they'd give there own people a BIG break. but they continue to greed in there own profits. sad, sad, sad.
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 1, 2011
 
danny napier wrote:
I will blame the democrats of course, what would they do that If we raised our credit cards to the max whould they say oh, just raise the debt ceiling No way. we have to be responible.But, they don't, why? they tell us one thing but they do something totally irrisponsble! spend more than they have. if we did that. credit card companies would run us out of town. its do as i say not as I do.
I remember Clinton handing Bush the Younger a nice budget surplus and as soon as Bush got a Republican Congress behind him, he started spending like a drunken sailor. They raised the debt limit something like eight times to help Bush. So you can keep your head in the sand and blame Dems if you want to. No one can stop you from being stupid.
my opinon

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 1, 2011
 
If people would check things out for them selfs and not listen to this crooked media you know in less then 2 years obama has spent more then bush did in eight thats a fact. It don't matter what party is in charge they going to have to cut spending or america will be like greece and the other countries go belly up from debt. The goverment can not create one single job unless you got people working in the private secture paying in taxes thats a fact. How long do would you work if you got no pay not a single day thats what going to happen if they keep spending it going take all of our income just to pay for those who want work or have government jobs thats a fact.
They could take every penny all the rich people have and still not be able to pay our debt thats a fact. Like one on here said how many poor people have you seen create jobs, they can not and this president and his bunch of fools that he has with him have made it so hard on business that no new ones will be create and the ones that are surviving will not hire because of obama care and regulations. This country has become so out of wack in last 10 or 12 years its pitiful and now we going to pay for governm,ent handing out checks to just anyone. Being a dopehead is not a disability, having abunch of kids hould noy be a gurantee to a check, pretending to be disable then you get the check and we see you out doing things that a health person who works would have trouble doing is another example of whats wrong. You all can cry bitch or whatever but fact is this obama adminstration is the worset bunch of socialist this country has ever had and they think all of us is stupid and want what they offer.
Whats wrong with this country is same thing that is arong with clay county people set back let things go on as long as they think it want affect them or they going to benefit with crooks that they support thats a fact. A payday is coming and this is just a sample of things to come, when the working people see there fruits of there labor being seized by crooks in political office and giving to those who never strive to make a profitable life for themselfs and it called spread the wealth around then they will take action and it want be pretty. Thats my say you can agree or disagree thats your right but remember one thing we all in this together if you want to work just so goverment can take it tell you what to buy, what to eat and how much you deserve go ahead keep these idiots you call political leaders in office but don't complain when you feel you not treated fair speak up or just shut up.
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 1, 2011
 
That "My Opinion" person should take his own advice and look things up for himself.

just look at the first full year of the economic crisis when workers lost an average of 25 percent off their 401k. During the same time period, the wealth of the 400 richest Americans increased by $30 billion, bringing their total combined wealth to $1.57 trillion, which is more than the combined net worth of 50% of the US population. Just to make this point clear, 400 people have more wealth than 155 million people combined.

My Opinion's point was that "They could take every penny all the rich people have and still not be able to pay our debt thats a fact."

No, that's a lie. How can that be when only 400 of the richest Americans have 10% of the national debt?

Take your own advice, My Opinion, and look things up for yourself. Google is your friend.
my opinon

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 1, 2011
 
red rooster cry cry you about as smart as this id dragon that gets on here crying tax breaks for the rich. You set in front of that tv eating up what the media tells you as gospel. you say 400 rich americans have 10% of nation debt, do you even no what the nations debt is, you just a obama lover that wants more money from working people just because you jealous. You eny anyone especialy those you consider rich. I got news for you all the millionares in america could not come close to paying down the national debt. Heres you a fact if you can understand the population of america is estimated to be 311,040,662 each and every one of us that includes the children old and disabled would have to pay $46,158.85 to pay of the debt. Heres you another fact rooster the debt goes up every single day now over 4.1 billion dollars. And you think all the millionars could pay that debt of you live in a pipe dream. You just rant out things because you suport that idiot in the whitehouse and i did say idiot. When you say you want to take from one group that works and give to those that either never had the willingness to better themselfs or are just sorry then you got obama. I did not like bush but he never wanted to take what i earned and spread it around to the low lifes that want work. If you want to give awy your hard earned money i am assuming you work then go ahead but leave my pay check alone. LIke all hardworking people i enjoy what money i do get to keeep after all the taxes we got and to think that some fool wants to tell me how and what to spend it for well you are crazy if you think i will. As for loosing 401k yea those that had in investment yea they lost but did you not hear when the old goat from new york shumer and the dems hero harry reid wanted to take all 401ks and use them to spread the wealth around. You need to wise up both parties will screw you and make you smile and like it if you will let them.
not a rethuglican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 1, 2011
 
They want to always rule this country. When they are in power they force their agenda on the rest of the country. When they are not in power they block the other party from passing laws and trying to get this country out of the mess they caused!
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 1, 2011
 
My Opinion, your logic is as bad as your grammar. The current national debt is under 15 trillion. The total net worth of the top 400 richest Americans was around 1.5 Trillion and that was in 2009. That's 400 people having enough to pay over 10% of the national debt.

Now I see you've moved on to accusing me of being for giving money to people that can work but won't. That's plain bull shit. I've even got a couple of nieces and nephews like that and I won't give them a dime and don't think the government should either. So you know what I think of other deadbeats that are not even kin to me.

I am out of work right now and have been for a year and a half. Since I was self employed, I got no unemployment and I never got any public assistance of any kind. But I still ain't broke and have never asked for a hand out. It helps that my house is paid for and all I owe is a small car payment on a car that is only two years old. The only think that is killing my savings is insurance payments.$600+ a month just for health insurance. Yikes!!!

Now, go take some English lessons and learn our language and get back to me.:)
Agnes

Irvine, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 1, 2011
 
It is the Dems that are being unreasonable and trying to blame someone else for there spending prctices.
Red Rooster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 1, 2011
 
Agnes wrote:
It is the Dems that are being unreasonable and trying to blame someone else for there spending prctices.
Obama offered the Republicans more cuts than they asked for. He is ready to throw the elderly and disabled under the bus just like the Republicans want to do. And yet they won't negotiate in good faith. They all suck as far as I can tell.
hahaha

Annville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 3, 2011
 
I think there should be another answer:

BOTH!
doug

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 4, 2011
 
a bunch of crooked people not worried about nobody but themselves and the rich

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Manchester Forum right now

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
colsons BP (Jul '13) 1 hr Grammer 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Khatru 122,885
2 hunters shot in clay county 3 hr Huh 103
County judge 3 hr Zackary 10
County Judges Race 4 hr Mayor 143
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Jay 138,789
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr Yep 16,031

Manchester Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]