Abortion Debate - Douglas, GA

Discuss the national Abortion Debate in Douglas, GA.

When should abortion be legal?

Douglas says never.
Never
 
27
In all cases
 
20
Exceptions only...
 
8

Vote now in Douglas:

Since: Feb 12

Valdosta, GA

#85 Apr 2, 2012
Oversimplified wrote:
*
Brain dead people have a medical condition whether it be from a stroke or injury, a baby has nothing wrong with it other than a mother who does not care whether he or she lives or dies.
You right, sex makes kids. Abortion kills kids.
You say that the fetus doesn't know or cannot feel pain and that may be true but you are still ending a life that if left alone most likely will be born healthy, grow and become just like you and me.
But because the mother chooses to end this individuals life and any future he or she may have, to me it is so clear how horribly wrong this is.

Since: Feb 12

Valdosta, GA

#86 Apr 2, 2012
Rebecca wrote:
Ok just to point this out but not only is the government trying to make abortion illigal, they are also trying to make any form of contraception illigal as well. Maybe some of you should read this story just a suggestion before you go taking away other peoples fundamental rights... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soraya-chemaly/...
ALSO for those of you who think abortion is murder why dont you think about the mothers who will be MURDERED if they can't get an abortion even though the "child" is growing in the wrong place or because it dies while in the womb but wasn't fully miscarried. Woulldn't it be better to sacrafice one rather than two....or are you gonna pull out that "It's Gods will" crap...
If you don't want an abortion don't get one otherwise My and everyother females body is NONE of your OR the government business OR property.
That is untrue. Any mother with complications with a pregnancy will be treated, the doctors will treat BOTH patients and try to SAVE both patients but sometimes that cannot be and the mother will lose her baby.
Women dying from tubal pregnancies or because of complications like you say is the biggest lie the pro abortion crowd spreads.
It has never been a factor nor never will in the medical field.
Just look at the effort in time and money that is spent to save pre-mees, a baby has lived after being born after 21 weeks.
Its not about a womans body or property? Its about another individual.
Oversimplified

Douglas, GA

#87 Apr 2, 2012
Headful Of Ghosts wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain dead people have a medical condition whether it be from a stroke or injury, a baby has nothing wrong with it other than a mother who does not care whether he or she lives or dies.
You right, sex makes kids. Abortion kills kids.
You say that the fetus doesn't know or cannot feel pain and that may be true but you are still ending a life that if left alone most likely will be born healthy, grow and become just like you and me.
But because the mother chooses to end this individuals life and any future he or she may have, to me it is so clear how horribly wrong this is.
Yes, there's a difference in reason, but the state is more or less the same: no higher brain activity. "Likely will grow to be" isn't the same as "is."

On the whole though, I agree. I think the whole mess is a symptom of a much deeper failing: lack of responsibility compounded with the casual disregard of humanity's intrinsic value.

I understand there are exceptions, but generally speaking, I think we've become accustomed to using sex like narcotics- a way to get high just because it feels good while disregarding the seriousness and all the implications of what it is you're doing.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#88 Apr 11, 2012
lmn_21 wrote:
I believe every child deserves a chance at life! There's plenty of people that adopt because they can't have children...It's not the child's fault...give someone a chance to love that child!!
I don't think you should ever be allowed to have an abortion, even in the case of rape.
mouthofdasouth

Fitzgerald, GA

#90 May 1, 2012
Good Question wrote:
So you would save an old life before the new life has a chance? Is that what you are saying?
depending on what the women wanted, i would say if she was raped. she should have the choice to get abortion, or if there is a medical reason for it abortion should be aloud. but not for just everyday birth control, it is wrong to kill and that is what abortion is.
Rebecca

Norman, OK

#91 May 11, 2012
Good Question wrote:
So you would save an old life before the new life has a chance? Is that what you are saying?
So you would sentence that "OLD LIFE" to Death just to ATTEMP to save a life that will 95% of the time die in the process of murdering the mother? talk about killing TWO bird with one stone.
no way

United States

#92 May 15, 2012
I would suggest you folks in judgement occupy abortion clinics. Then choose 2 or 3 moms, and offer loving homes for the their babies. Better yet, adopt as many as you can afford. Put your love where your mouth is. Or just shut up.
Art

Grand Island, NE

#93 Jan 1, 2013
The Lord’s Words Spoken to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear
Thus says The Lord of All: Woe to Dallas! Woe to the City of Innocent Blood! Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your fathers!...
Behold, your land shall be left to you desolate, until the day comes when My people arise from ruin and take a stand; they shall stand strong and do what is right. Then the day shall come when they shall flee in haste, and your city shall be condemned; it shall no more stand... All shall fall and crumble before The Lord, in His anger! It shall be shaken down! It shall no more stand!

All shall crumble under the weight of My fury, 
For all their forsaking of Me!...
 
And for all the blood, which remains on their hands!... 

THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT!

Says The Lord.

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
art

Grand Island, NE

#94 Feb 15, 2013
Wake Up! The Time is Now

12/8/09 From The Lord, Our God and Savior - A Letter Given to a Sister in Christ and Timothy, For the Churches of Men, and For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear

Thus says The Lord God, to all those who dwell in the churches of men: My children, stop your wicked ways! Turn back from all this blasphemy you have upheld in My name, and repent! Set your steps aright, and cease from all these heresies which you have proliferated before My face!... And return to Me! Wake up, My sleeping children, and sound the trumpet!

Behold, even these seven times I have called you to awake. For the time has indeed come, and the day is very near, when I shall gather My flock and steal away My lambs, when I shall go from house to house and temple to temple, to see whether or not I dwell there. For many are called, yet few are chosen. For only those counted worthy to escape shall be gone from this place, and only those fully awakened in Messiah shall stand before The Son of Man in that day... The rest left to walk through the valley, a valley of thick clouds and darkness, of tears and heavy sorrows.
Beloved, even now, I behold the tears which shall flow down your cheeks in bitter remorse; even now, I feel the heavy sorrows which shall rend your hearts in that day; even now, I behold you trembling in fear... Seeking yet never finding, seeing yet remaining blind, listening yet refusing to hear, eating and drinking yet never satisfied... Desolate.

Beloved, how is it I find many among you,
Who say they know Me and My will, yet refuse to walk in My ways?...

Is not My Salvation made known?
Are not My ways revealed,
My Commandments plainly written?
Are not the signs of My coming clearly seen,
Even before the eyes of this wicked generation?...

Yet I hear no shouting from the rooftops, only wind...

So are the words of this people among the churches of men,
Wind, a passing breeze, unable to move even the smallest of branches.

O ignorant and wayward children, you who refuse knowledge and reject correction, hear The Word of The Lord: You dwell in kings’ houses! And I have seen the thrones upon which you sit in your pride, and how you judge others without cause!... Woe to you! WOE TO YOU! Says The Lord.
Woe to all your self-appointed kings, who sit so high and lofty upon their thrones! And woe to every arrogant prince and man in authority! For you shall by no means escape when the power of The Lord is revealed from Heaven, when the arm of The Almighty is stretched out against every tribe, tongue, people and nation, when the presence of The God of Israel strikes fear into the hearts of all men!... Swift calamity! Sudden destruction! Great tribulation for all nations!

Therefore, hear the word of The Lord, all you who dwell in the churches of men: Your houses are left to you desolate, and shall be torn down in the Day of Calamity! And because you have refused knowledge and have set yourselves above correction, forsaking the voice of The Lord your God, persecuting My prophets which I Myself have sent to you, you shall become outcasts in your own land!... Behold, you shall become as the vagabond who wanders the streets, a beggar in great want, drinking from the cup of your own tears, wailing, the sound of which shall carry throughout the streets of the hard-hearted... Barely noticed, with none stopping to lend a hand.

See more at
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5... !_The_Time_is_Now
so so

Fitzgerald, GA

#95 Feb 15, 2013
I had a friend who had a abortion and it haunts her to this very day........... she wish she could go back and change it and it been 32 years ago. my sister in law had abortion and is medicated all the time cause of depression .. it is hard for a women to live with after. there is many more I could tell you about .being a child of the 80's it happened all to often .just telling you ,you may freely chose to do it but there is a life long of hell to deal with.
Kim Krabb

Somerset, KY

#96 Mar 1, 2013
Third trimester elective abortions, when the fetus is healthy and the woman's health isn't a factor, shouldn't be legal.
lifes a beach

Lebanon, PA

#97 Mar 18, 2013
so so wrote:
I had a friend who had a abortion and it haunts her to this very day.......... she wish she could go back and change it and it been 32 years ago. my sister in law had abortion and is medicated all the time cause of depression .. it is hard for a women to live with after. there is many more I could tell you about .being a child of the 80's it happened all to often .just telling you ,you may freely chose to do it but there is a life long of hell to deal with.
They are in the minority. Most women do not regret their abortions.

http://women.webmd.com/news/20000822/study-sa...
cut to the chase

Douglas, GA

#98 Mar 18, 2013
How many preacher's daughters have had abortions?? Betcha a bible thumper doesn't give up a lucrative salary by letting sweet thing swell up in the first pew.
Also, how many of you good christian workers will adopt and raise all these fetuses turned into kids, whose mommies were forced to bring them to term??? You wonderful people will see them dumped into the foster system after the social worker deems the parent unfit. Have you saved any of the kids now winding their way through the system.. You all cry and moan about welfare and food stamps but want these women to have more kids to feed.
cracker

Fairfield, IA

#99 Mar 19, 2013
96% of all abortions are for the convienence of the mother. There is really no excuse for any woman not knowing how to prevent pregnancy in this day and time. Contraceptives have a success rate in the high 90s percent, so there should be very few abortioins. But it's not the case, because these women are either too stupid, lazy, or ignorant to prevent the situation. So liberals want them to have this easy out called abortion, where if they kill their own children, they won't have to be responsible for their own actions. Disgusting..........no different than Hitler gassing Jews, Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews compared to over 55,000,000 abortions right here.
Devils Advocate

Douglas, GA

#100 Mar 19, 2013
Instead of multi abortions, there should be a law that if you have abortion, you will be fixed right then, where you can never get pregnant again. That would cause a lot of them to think twice.
God bless everyone

Marietta, GA

#101 Mar 19, 2013
cracker wrote:
96% of all abortions are for the convienence of the mother. There is really no excuse for any woman not knowing how to prevent pregnancy in this day and time. Contraceptives have a success rate in the high 90s percent, so there should be very few abortioins. But it's not the case, because these women are either too stupid, lazy, or ignorant to prevent the situation. So liberals want them to have this easy out called abortion, where if they kill their own children, they won't have to be responsible for their own actions. Disgusting..........no different than Hitler gassing Jews, Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews compared to over 55,000,000 abortions right here.
My goodness, turn off your TV. Never watch the View, I won't judge, you can read about Whoopi and Sherri, Barbara & Joy are pro choice. Almost all of Hollywood is pro-choice, so if I were you I'd trash my TV, and turn off my radio. Just close your blinds and eat simple meals, because you judge many. Just never leave the house, would that be easier for you? What about reflecting on your own sins instead of concentrating on the sins of others. Worry about yourself. How about just dropping to your knees and pray for those you so easily condemn, instead of bashing and trashing & taking pure glee in doing so. Yeah, it's that evident you have so much hate in your heart for women you don't even know. I have no hate in my heart for anyone. And guess what? I pray instead. The words you spew say much about you. God loves everyone, even prostitutes and sinners. I learned that when I was 3 years old. May God forgive you and all the sins of this world.
cracker

Fairfield, IA

#102 Mar 19, 2013
God bless everyone wrote:
My goodness, turn off your TV. Never watch the View, I won't judge, you can read about Whoopi and Sherri, Barbara & Joy are pro choice. Almost all of Hollywood is pro-choice, so if I were you I'd trash my TV, and turn off my radio. Just close your blinds and eat simple meals, because you judge many. Just never leave the house, would that be easier for you? What about reflecting on your own sins instead of concentrating on the sins of others. Worry about yourself. How about just dropping to your knees and pray for those you so easily condemn, instead of bashing and trashing & taking pure glee in doing so. Yeah, it's that evident you have so much hate in your heart for women you don't even know. I have no hate in my heart for anyone. And guess what? I pray instead. The words you spew say much about you. God loves everyone, even prostitutes and sinners. I learned that when I was 3 years old. May God forgive you and all the sins of this world.
You have to be pretty goofy to confuse hate with reality..........
God bless everyone

Marietta, GA

#103 Mar 19, 2013
I pray for sinners. Call me "goofy" if it helps you sleep better at night.
lifes a beach

Lebanon, PA

#104 Mar 19, 2013
cracker wrote:
96% of all abortions are for the convienence of the mother. There is really no excuse for any woman not knowing how to prevent pregnancy in this day and time. Contraceptives have a success rate in the high 90s percent, so there should be very few abortioins. But it's not the case, because these women are either too stupid, lazy, or ignorant to prevent the situation. So liberals want them to have this easy out called abortion, where if they kill their own children, they won't have to be responsible for their own actions. Disgusting..........no different than Hitler gassing Jews, Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews compared to over 55,000,000 abortions right here.
Or birth control fails for many reasons. Btw, most libertarians I know are pro-choice as well; they are not liberals. Abortion is taking responsibility for your own action. It costs money, time and is painful. You have obviously never had one so please be quiet on things you know nothing about. Secondly, Hitler banned abortions for German women so in reality your stance is more in line with his beliefs.
The Noog Man

Ford City, PA

#105 Mar 19, 2013
All you need to know about Abortion and Liberals is this. If tomorrow a single celled organism was found on another planet they would say it was the greatest discovery in mans history. Because it proves that life exists elsewhere in the cosmos. However many of those same people would try to convince you that a fertilized egg is not alive and therefore abortion isn't akin to taking a life. Abortion should not be a easy thing. It shouldn't be easy to get. I don't presume to have the answer that will solve everything. I just believe that when you have a abortion. You ARE taking a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hoyt English- good to rent from? (Nov '13) 48 min NO HOYT ENGLISH 27
need 7 people to start work in the morning 1 hr matt 1
Wal-Mart management (Jun '14) 1 hr Jane 26
2015 1 hr MrMister 5
what happened to the Adams post 2 hr mr coffee 4
chocolate covered cherries 4 hr lookin good 2
pecans (Oct '12) 6 hr Pee cans 18
Shaking Baby Syndrome 22 hr info 18
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]