Abortion Debate - Dexter, MO

Discuss the national Abortion Debate in Dexter, MO.

When should abortion be legal?

Dexter says always legal.
In all cases
 
11
Exceptions only...
 
9
Never
 
9

Vote now in Dexter:

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
AHSIM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 25, 2012
 
I cannot believe how many people voted this should be legal. Guess none of you were adopted. I was and if abortion stays legal babies like myself wontbe here...

“Question everything”

Since: Apr 10

Assume nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 27, 2012
 
Abortion sends babies to God Faster!
never

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 27, 2012
 
never, i think if you abort a baby you should be charged with murder, that baby did NOTHING wrong!!!!
709furrn

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 28, 2012
 
r0n d0n wrote:
Abortion sends babies to God Faster!
exactly!
709furrn

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 28, 2012
 
I can't believe this is even a topic. If it were not for religion then it woulnt be an issue and religious people should be just fine with it cause.in their point of views getting into heaven is all that matters, let the baby get aborted getsthem a one way ticket to heaven! Why put them through all the suffering of this miserable life when they can just go be with God right now!! And if you are concerned about the soul of the mother then remember that God gave us the freedom of choice so what a woman does with her body is he OWN business so stay the hell out of it!!!!
never

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 28, 2012
 
Abortion is MURDER
never

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 28, 2012
 
iT HAS nothing to do with religion in my eyes!... It's an issue bc no matter how you look at it, its murder!.. you have other choices if you dont want a baby,... But that baby doesnt have a choice! And that baby didnt make the choice to be concieved! And That baby didnt do anything wrong!!!!
never

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 28, 2012
 
I will say though I dont believe it to be called abortion when its a life or death situation for the mother, but only life or death situation, i dont concider that choice abortion

“Question everything”

Since: Apr 10

Assume nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 2, 2012
 
Every time I hear the news reporting about some idiot leaving his/her kids in a parked car out in the heat until their brains bake, I realize why abortion is legal.

What if a person knows how irresponsible they really are, and having a kid would be worse for society than not having the kid at all? Pregnancies aren't always planned, you know. Birth control methods aren't infallible. Sometimes neglected, abused children didn't need to exist in the first place. Although that sounds harsh, I leave that up to potential parents to decide and would never want that right taken from them.

No matter what the reason, this is a matter for the woman that is pregnant. I also don't agree with abortion as a primary birth control method. It should be a last resort measure. And to clarify, I don't agree with partial birth abortions either. I see the difference between a fetus and a baby as a fetus couldn't develop into a functioning human out of the womb and a baby can. If you wait until you have a functioning human inside of you to decide to abort, you are in fact ending a human life.

If you want to say life begins at conception, I shall direct you to the classic Monty Python skit "Every Sperm is Sacred." If that doesn't satisfy you, we can continue the discussion from there.
summer

Malden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 13, 2012
 
its not the kids fault...so y not give it a chance. even if u dont want the baby there are ppl out there that cant have babies and would love to adopt
Words of Wisdom

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 15, 2012
 
People do some research. There are 3500 abortions done everyday in the United states. That comes down to about 20 a day per clinic. And the number one reason for abortion is that the baby would be an inconvenience, not that there are health problems or the mother was raped, etc. In fact only 1.2% of all abortions are because the mother or child would suffer severe health complications and/or the mother was a victim of rape or incest. That is three scenarios combined to equal 1.2%. Come on now. If you do not want a child then be responsible. Contraceptives are there for a reason. Being drunk and one night stands simply are not an excuse. And if you can't afford the child you can go to DFS or CPS during your pregnancy and start the process of adoption and finding someone who will love that baby. There are options, and abortion should only be legal if the mother or child will suffer extreme health problems, and/or if the mother was a victim of rape or incest. For any other situation there are options. Abortion for know justifiable reason... is MURDER.
dexter survivor

Purcell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 28, 2012
 
Here's some food for thought. When abortion was illegal many people still had them. The abortions were not regulated by federal or state guidelines. Many women died. And if the procedure wasn't done correctly then sometimes the baby survived. However when the child was born they may be missing an appendage or have some other bodily damage.

People will find a way if they are desperate. I do not agree with abortion. When I was 16 and pregnant a doctor suggested abortion. I was ready to go off on him for even suggesting it. But not all people are like me.

Keeping abortion legal keeps it regulated to proper medical standards and prevents babies being born to horrible circumstances due to back alley practices being performed illegally.
tasty fetus

Campbell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 2, 2012
 
I think if abortions are going to be around then they should let the babies go to almost full term and then send them to a soup kitchen, win win.
Duhh

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 2, 2012
 
709furrn wrote:
I can't believe this is even a topic. If it were not for religion then it woulnt be an issue and religious people should be just fine with it cause.in their point of views getting into heaven is all that matters, let the baby get aborted getsthem a one way ticket to heaven! Why put them through all the suffering of this miserable life when they can just go be with God right now!! And if you are concerned about the soul of the mother then remember that God gave us the freedom of choice so what a woman does with her body is he OWN business so stay the hell out of it!!!!
If this were rational, then why would God have even made earth?
Dexter Dad

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 2, 2012
 
It's not your Body, it's not your choice!!

Bitch about it here all you want, but shit like this is private.
Dexter Dad

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 2, 2012
 
Duhh wrote:
<quoted text>
If this were rational, then why would God have even made earth?
Evolution?? Big bang??
regulator

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 13, 2012
 
its murder
i see said the blind man

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 15, 2012
 
AHSIM wrote:
I cannot believe how many people voted this should be legal. Guess none of you were adopted. I was and if abortion stays legal babies like myself wontbe here...
this of course is not true. A woman has the choice to have and keep the babies, give it up for adoption or abort it. There will still be women who chose to carry the baby full term and give it up for adoption. Just because abortion is legal doesn't mean that all women who don't want the baby will abort it. Even so, a woman has that legal right to choose before the fetus reaches 25 weeks...I believe. Some call it a sin. Some fanatics actually kill doctors that give abortions. I guess they think it's not ok to kill a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor the all bets are off. People are just plain stupid. Oh and my wife was adopted, we have two beautiful children together that would not have existed if she had been aborted, just saying that I see where you are coming from but The people of our country voted, period end of discussion. Its legal, let it go. Oh and for the religious fanatics ..... if a fetus is a person and the purpose of a human being is to get into heaven, and according to the Bible a child goes to heaven then it seems it would be much better for all religious people to have abortions. Just sayin.....
i see said the blind man

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 15, 2012
 
never wrote:
I will say though I dont believe it to be called abortion when its a life or death situation for the mother, but only life or death situation, i dont concider that choice abortion
I would walk through fire and ice, fight the "devil" himself if he actually existed, take a bullet for my children. So what u said makes no sense, to save the mother it's ok ....u said it was murder, if I needed my sons heart to keep living then I have to right to killed him if I am going to die. U people just contradict yourselves constantly.
sin

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 18, 2012
 
A sin you say? So is lying. Have u ever lied? "The Bible also preaches thou shall not judge" If people would just live by these simple rules there would be peace in the world. Don't judge people, let them do what they do and let God be the judge. God don't want people out there picketing and causing trouble or killing doctors.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Dexter Forum right now

Search the Dexter Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 min Dumb Ass Liberals 92,114
Richie mallory 1 hr bla bla 6
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 2 hr guest 6,872
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 2 hr guest 262
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 2 hr guest 18,909
church 8 hr Reply2_CIA 8
Say ur sorry And mean it 12 hr Sisterly love 1

Dexter Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]