Bloemfontein is Boring, what do you think?

Posted in the Bloemfontein, South Africa Forum

Dibuseng

Pretoria, South Africa

#1 Mar 2, 2009
For a city that is in the centre of the country we only have one Hyperama, Malls and shopping centres close the latest at 6pm. Why cant we have a MALL that closes late. What is worse we have people in Langehoven Park who have a shopping Centre that has Checkers,Pick n Pay & Clicks in one space.While we have to travel all over the show to get them. The more black people are there the less quality you will see. This is unacceptable. Our Provincial Government must start revamping our city and stop focusing on the upper market surbubs.
Lesele in Gauteng

South Africa

#2 May 22, 2009
I was born in bloem and have left the province for better oppotunities currently live in Johannesburg/Pretoria. Bloemfoentein is the safest place that you can get in RSA.Pta has few malls will only shopping centers around whereas JHB Traffic is the cause for more malls and mostly all malls cleses at 6pm (Sandton,Centurion, Menlyn Menlyn, WestGate and others in Gauteng) unless you talk about food courts in all those mall.

Mimosa,Waterfront, Noordhoek (revamped). There are shoppng complex in the townships i.e twins in heidedal, kennworth center Rocklandls and the new one near kagisanong.

People in bloem like you who dont support local initiatives, i think when you vist bfn you go to towm not in this initiatives, ask me by nature of the environment/ and the vastness of Gauteng I am forced to buy in complexes that are near my place.

Please do not distort information about Bfn, Habo motho ho thebe e phatswa mme seke wa senya Bfn. Move around Gauteng you'll see that Bfn is much better that Jhb and Pta

I furtherdont understand wether you are comparing Bfn with Gaurteng Pta it is unfortunate that my thinking tells me that you are cmparing Gauteng as a province with a city. The following are cities not surburs/townships in Gauteng: PTA'JHB,Krugersdorp Germiston, Boksburg, Vanderbail, Vereening, etc. Please don't compare Bfn with a provivde

However your comparism shows that Bfn is the best if compared to a province for interest sake ask people that live in hamanskraal, Mamelodi, Attrigeville on how is Pta,ask people in Tembisa Soweto(nogal one mall), etc how is JHB. For us who travells around Gauteng we'll tell you

Be more patriotic about free state province. lastly gauteng as a province is an economic hub of South Africa, whereas BFn is the capital city of FS and PTA is the capital of the republic of SA.
T M SEOLI

Johannesburg, South Africa

#3 May 29, 2009
Eish Lesele o e beile loud and clear. Le nna ke Wits mo jo'burg not bcoz Bloem education sucks but to as far 4rm batsadi as possible.Believe me boss i mss home(bloem) every sec of my lyf nd it tears my hear into 2 pieces 2 hear people lyk Dibuseng speaking abt bloem as she.....As for the matter of fact Busi babe u seem clueless abt Mbiza go nd do further research nd cm up with factS.Dnt base this on personal experience but collectively.
Sandton gal

Durban, South Africa

#4 Jan 26, 2010
I live in sandton and I LOVE IT, pretoria is boring, menlyn is weak. Sandton city is kwl the shopping hours are quite long, seoli go to sandton with cash and u will see how much fun u will have, cedar square is also quite nyc but on the real tho u cant compare bloem with jhb or cape town cause BLOEM IS DRY
Dnt be ashamed to ask for change cause most tourists neva wanna come to bloem cause there arent alot of attractions
Knox in Bloem

Bloemfontein, South Africa

#5 Jan 29, 2010
Hai o ya utlwagala gore "O Lesele sani"ke rata da way o defendang our city ka teng..Dats da problem ya batho ba Gauteng ha ba nagana/ba bua ka Bloem dey refer to FS and immediately ba bua ka FS mo go bona gotla hela plasi.
Mr D

Italy

#6 Jan 30, 2010
there is nothing wrong about bloemfontein,it is just that banyana ba teng they dont accept their own place.ba rata banna ba ko ntle.Bloem is just a cool place.ke bone ba tlisang AIDS ko bloem
Lesele in Gauteng

South Africa

#7 Feb 24, 2010
Santon Gal Please be realistic about the place you are defending are you really from Sandon or are you on the other side on N1 (Alex). Please stop joking.

Knox this is an open Invitation Santon Gal wants to be a tourist in Bloem please guys dont dissapoint.

Sandon gal Bloem is not about Macufe, Ask Glen from Metro FM, Cebo from motsweding, SBu @ YFM and they will tell you. But I understand that people like from the other side of N1 you know the meanibg of Dry.

I livein Gauteng and Travel a lot mostly in South Africa you'll understant when you're from BFN. BFN is still the best
Grateful Guest House

Kempton Park, South Africa

#8 Mar 22, 2010
Good Evening all,
People come to Bloem thinking it has the same to offer as large cities, well it's not supposed to. Bloemfontein is unique, it's about excellent education, farming, friends, braai's and family. Not clubs and shopping mecca's.
Tourists do love Bloemfontein, that's what our guest house visitors say. They love Bloemfontein because it is open and friendly. They've even said that they don't want to come all the way to Africa to be stuck in a 5 Star Hotel. Some will want that, but others want to meet the people take in the cultures and build friendships.
That's what I think Bloemfontein is about.
magesh

#9 Jan 5, 2011
at least for a change in bloem we eat a full meal almost every supper than pap and achaar.so where does somebody draw a line as to where to stay.
Lynette Stainton

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#10 Mar 31, 2012
Bloemfontein is still one of the jewels of South Africa. It is the safest place to live and bring up your kids. It has a fantastic hot, dry climate so every day is gorgeous! When it rains, you really appreciate it. Because it is essentially an educational centre, the people are pro-education and respect learning and a studious attitude. I grew up in Bloem and it formed the unique person I am. I wold have been a totally different person if I had grown up anywhere else. There is always a lot going on in Bloem and there's something for everyone. If you're bored in Bloem, it is because you are bored with yourself.
Anonymous

United States

#11 Apr 6, 2012
bloem is the best place. I don't get why would u want extended shopping hours while u spend close to R2000 only per month. What wud the extra hours be open for? Window shopping. U not rite in ur mind, time is money. That is always the case with you people, like complain about my beloved Bloem nt having facilities that u barely use if no t at all. I can't say the city doesn't have enough fill stations while i am pedestrian.
leqitolo

#12 Apr 13, 2012
Hei,le Maseru Lesotho ho monate.La ikema hakale ka ditoropo tsa lona tse bohlasoa,tseo ho tswarwang poho.Nxa,lea ntena.There is no place like Maseru,bana ba moo,damn!!!
siphokazi

Johannesburg, South Africa

#13 May 10, 2012
Good Day
Please assist I'm from Joburg North and the is possibility i might be moving to Bloem with my family,which is a nicenyana area to raise kids and stay???? and what good semi or public primary schools do you guys have ..this will be our first time visiting let alone staying in bloem we've just being passing through.
Maditaba

South Africa

#15 Aug 3, 2012
With centenary coming Bloem will rock, we will see the Giants of SA , and neighbouring countries.But please guys let us behave.And to all our visitors enjoy your stay in Bloem.......
mofaladi

Pretoria, South Africa

#16 Aug 22, 2012
der is no plc lyk bloem.guys let alone taba tsa di mall nd staff.think abt wer u wana rais ur kids.in which enviroment nd lyf style.tel u guys pta nd jozi is nt a plc 2 raise a child.bana ba teng dey becum drug addict @ a young stage.hv u ever hear pple in bloem complaining abt nyaope & drugs.cum on nd get lyf bloem is de best.magosha wona ha ke sa bua ka wona.dnt thinl 4 2day only,bt also 4 2moro.invest in ur kids lyk.read news papers & watch tv,its all abt poho,magosha,drugs,nyaope etc in jozi &pta.bloem mybe ka sewelo bt its very rare.bloem bona its rocking.i luv it,bt currently staying in pta.bt bona der is no plc lyk bloem....
navara king

South Africa

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Bfn hdl 051 is the place to Be ons doenit mal ini dal Cheese n Charmas SGB en smada Bushie king so al wat ek se Bfn rock is by ons hier 26 rak wys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloemfontein, South Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need a loan urgently n unemployed i want to t... (Oct '13) Sat Lennox De Water 5
+27789790679 abortion pills for sale in bloemfo... Dec 15 SAM 1
Hell motho obo kgalletse kuku. Dec 13 Ponki 7
abortion pills, available call 0764721518 Dec 4 musa 1
40-55year old men wanted... (Aug '13) Nov 28 Andey 5
looking for a serious lover, age 30-45, widow o... Nov 28 Andey 2
I need a serious lover, widow or devorce, age 3... Nov 28 Andey 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:27 pm PST