Police: Small plane crash in St. Croix kills 3

Oct 29, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Mill Times

ST. CROIX, U.S. Virgin Islands -- A small plane crashed into a field and burst into flames shortly after taking off Thursday in St.

Comments
41 - 60 of 88 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2013
Infiniti04

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

THE REAL BILL BOHLKE wrote:
Thankfully I was contacted by one of Mr. Bentleys close friends! What I have read on this blog is sick! Someone has claimed to be me or my father by using the name "Bill Bohlke" from Lake Marry Florida, let it be known I do not know anyone from Lake Marry.
This a sick attempt to portray my family and I as heartless people! Why would someone do this???
To Mr. Bentleys family and the other two passengers our prayers are with you! This was a tragic event and my family and I offer our condolences.
Mr Bohlke, you need to register this name as to keep them from assuming this one as well. Thanks for this and take care
ex sis in law

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

to whomever is pretending to be the real "Bill Bohlke", sir, since you are afraid to even use your real name, what else are you hiding? Is it jealousy of David? Is it unhappiness with your own life? Didn't your mommy love you enough? For anyone to be so vindictive and evil and not even have the balls to id themselves says alot about you and the kind of person you truly are. good luck with that.
Alexandra Bentley

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

I read through these posts with some serious disgust at a few of the outrageous lies posted.
1) Regarding the first post regarding an "incident" in St. Barts a few years ago, it was NOT a crash in any way shape or form. One tire blew out near the end of roll out on a runway so short that this is not an uncommon occurrence with the braking force necessary to stop an aircraft short of the beach and water at the end of the runway. I was on board the aircraft at the time, so know firsthand the truth of that entire experience. We made many landings in St. Barts over the years without any further incidents. It interests me that the first posts stated as being from "Boehlke" did not mention Bill Sr.'s very much publicized crash of an aircraft in St. Barts years ago or the dramatic sanctions and financial consequences he suffered as a result. Very ironic!
2) Regarding the statement that "David and his ex" (referring to ME apparently!) spent some kind of illicit funds on government officials and real estate is libel of a very serious nature and my attorney will be looking into this posting with the intent to file a lawsuit for damages. I absolutely never spent a single penny of David's business income on anything whatsoever. The only real estate purchases came from MY personal cash and income that had no relation to David's business income. No public officials were ever paid off in any way, nor was there ever a situation where that would have been necessary to get a favorable outcome on anything at all. Such statement of speculation is seriously libelous and irresponsible.
--David did indeed welcome countless of our country's military personnel to join him or us out on his sailboat for a day of fun during their occasional opportunities to have a crew rest layover on St. Croix. We both saw this as a way to thank our brave air crews who more often than not spend their time in some horrible places on the behalf of all of us. The air crews, including countless colonels and a few generals along with the thousands of enlisted personnel and officers of lower ranks, were most appreciative and declared St. Croix their all time favorite place for crew rest. As I have a son who serves this country in the US Air Force, I hope that someone out there somewhere offers my son a fun day at some point when he's far from home and family.
--Any taxes that the taxing authority decided were in arrears were being handled between David's company and the taxing authority, including a payment plan. Filing business bankruptcy and wiping out the debt was an option that David chose not to take. Enough said.
--David and I divorced for personal differences not long ago. While I never saw him as a perfect person, I am aghast at some of the lies that were posted so dishonorably at a time when the man is dead and cannot be hurt by the postings, so the only possible intention of the poster was to victimize his very innocent family.
Whoever did in fact post those statements is a poor excuse for a human being and has proven he was not fit to wipe the shoes of the man he was trying to vilify after death. Egads!
Alexandra Bentley

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

(Continued from previous post due to length restrictions)
--To Bill Bohelke Jr: Thank you Bill for speaking up and letting us know that it was not your family making the negative posts at such a tragic time for David's children and the others who loved him. David and your father butted heads through the years as business rivals so often do, yet David had respect for your father and always had very high praise for you. He seriously looked forward to a possible future where you would take over from your father and you and David could continue to compete in business in a friendly way or possibly merge the companies at some point if it seemed a sound business decision on both sides.
--There are many people grieving the loss of three special men who left us all too soon. I would ask future posters on this thread to keep this in mind and hopefully post only worthwhile facts about the actual crash as they become known or messages of support to the families of the deceased.
--What possible reason could anyone have to post anything else? Before you post, please consider the families. Thank you.

Since: Nov 09

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

jstone wrote:
The pilot crashed a light twin in St.Barths a couple of years ago...no serious injuries
he was a private pilot, not an FAA charter pilot with a 135 cert. The flight was a charter flight by a private pilot
One other comment after reviewing this post another time:
The only people on the plane landing in St. Barts were David and myself. We were engaged at the time. There are no FAA regulations prohibiting a private pilot from taking his fiance on a romantic getaway to a tropical island. That does not make this a "charter" flight. Please don't post when you don't actually know the facts of a situation. Thank you.
AlanD

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

It is amazing how death brings out the best and worst in people. My heart goes out to the families. I will remember my friend Mark for the great times we had. I hope everyone remembers these 3 in their own way for the same reasons. RIP.
Katrina Lewin

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

rachel wrote:
So this guy was crashing plane left and right, and still a damn pilot. Is this what i'm reading?
<quoted text>
This post makes me sick. To answer your question; no its not what your reading and if you didnt understand then what on gods green earth gives you the right to say something like that? This comment^^^ is nothing more than a VERY clear depiction of your blatant ignorance to the facts and you total lack of respect and sensitivity to the deceased AND their survived. You have accomplished making yourself look very ugly, trashy, and well for lack of a more eloquent term, stupid.
Katrina Lewin

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

The same goes for anyone else dishonorable enough to utter negitive words against a grieving family. How disrespectful, how absolutely disgusting.
Infiniti04

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Katrina Lewin wrote:
<quoted text>
This post makes me sick. To answer your question; no its not what your reading and if you didnt understand then what on gods green earth gives you the right to say something like that? This comment^^^ is nothing more than a VERY clear depiction of your blatant ignorance to the facts and you total lack of respect and sensitivity to the deceased AND their survived. You have accomplished making yourself look very ugly, trashy, and well for lack of a more eloquent term, stupid.
She retracted this post.
islandcowboy

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

The Virgin Islands has strong laws against slander, libel, assuming the image or likeness of another person, and false persona. Bill Bohlke, you may have a claim against this mysterious Lake Mary Florida person. A computer investigator may be able to get his/her home address via I.P. and network information.
stxgal

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

"This post makes me sick. To answer your question; no its not what your reading and if you didnt understand then what on gods green earth gives you the right to say something like that? This comment^^^ is nothing more than a VERY clear depiction of your blatant ignorance to the facts and you total lack of respect and sensitivity to the deceased AND their survived. You have accomplished making yourself look very ugly, trashy, and well for lack of a more eloquent term, stupid."

Katrina - if you read through the posts, Rachel herself is also a grieving family member (niece of Captain King). It was in fact her grief that she said led her to ask the question based upon a post by the fake Bill Bohlke poster.

We should all refrain from jumping to conclusions and bashing others here (except for the *FAKE* Bill Bohlke - he deserves it). People are grieving and sad and angry and confused. As stated previously this should be a place to discuss the crash or offer condolences and support to the families. It is not a place to nitpick and bash others.
stxgal

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

oops - my quotes didn't work properly. Please note that I did not write the first paragraph, was simply referencing it. Apologies.
KPG

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Hey Alexandra! I'm one of your C-17 buddies (one of the two Keith’s) who's forever grateful to you and David for your friendship over the past decade. Working through the Caribbean Flight Center was always a cherished experience. The hospitality we received over the many years is treasured. I’m going to really miss David – he’s a great guy with an infectious smile and an amazingly tenacious personality. I have nothing but great memories of my stays in the Caribbean because of David and his crew. Nobody made a better Caribbean Rum Punch! And… nobody was more enthusiastic with ensuring our military aircrew were always welcome to St Croix! We all loved ya man!
Katrina Lewin

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

stxgal wrote:
"This post makes me sick. To answer your question; no its not what your reading and if you didnt understand then what on gods green earth gives you the right to say something like that? This comment^^^ is nothing more than a VERY clear depiction of your blatant ignorance to the facts and you total lack of respect and sensitivity to the deceased AND their survived. You have accomplished making yourself look very ugly, trashy, and well for lack of a more eloquent term, stupid."
Katrina - if you read through the posts, Rachel herself is also a grieving family member (niece of Captain King). It was in fact her grief that she said led her to ask the question based upon a post by the fake Bill Bohlke poster.
We should all refrain from jumping to conclusions and bashing others here (except for the *FAKE* Bill Bohlke - he deserves it). People are grieving and sad and angry and confused. As stated previously this should be a place to discuss the crash or offer condolences and support to the families. It is not a place to nitpick and bash others.
then that makes it even worse because she knows exactly what the family is going through,(throwing stones in a glass house) yet she still attempted to trash the man. However, although I feel for all the families that lost someone that day, I do not take back what I said. She should have known better, even if they were only heated words. And I did read through the posts, I'm not the type to voice an uneducated opinion. This was a terrible tragidy and I totally agree that we should be offering condolences and support to the families, not making them hurt even more. To Rachel: I am truely sorry for our loss.
Katrina Lewin

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

your*

Since: Nov 09

Virgin Islands, U.S.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

KPG wrote:
Hey Alexandra! I'm one of your C-17 buddies (one of the two Keith’s) who's forever grateful to you and David for your friendship over the past decade. Working through the Caribbean Flight Center was always a cherished experience. The hospitality we received over the many years is treasured. I’m going to really miss David – he’s a great guy with an infectious smile and an amazingly tenacious personality. I have nothing but great memories of my stays in the Caribbean because of David and his crew. Nobody made a better Caribbean Rum Punch! And… nobody was more enthusiastic with ensuring our military aircrew were always welcome to St Croix! We all loved ya man!
Keith - It's good to hear from you, although I wish the circumstances were different. I received a call from the "other" Keith a few days ago. There are indeed MANY incredible and fun memories of the flight crews who became such good friends through the years. If you want my infamous Rum Punch recipe, I'm happy to share it. lol. Let the memories live on.
Hannah

Castries, Saint Lucia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

RIP dad. I will miss you so much. And thanks to all the people who are praying for us in the King family
flygal64

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

I am so sorry to hear about this. David you mean so much to me. I will never forget you. Thank you so much for your generosity and companionship. You will be dearly missed...

Susan
rachel

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

I' not bashing anyone as you say, i just asked a question , inference, to the first posting in which someone posted. I didn't know the guy, but he was a friend of my uncle and if you take it badly i'm sorry.
Katrina Lewin wrote:
<quoted text>
then that makes it even worse because she knows exactly what the family is going through,(throwing stones in a glass house) yet she still attempted to trash the man. However, although I feel for all the families that lost someone that day, I do not take back what I said. She should have known better, even if they were only heated words. And I did read through the posts, I'm not the type to voice an uneducated opinion. This was a terrible tragidy and I totally agree that we should be offering condolences and support to the families, not making them hurt even more. To Rachel: I am truely sorry for our loss.
rachel

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you.
stxgal wrote:
oops - my quotes didn't work properly. Please note that I did not write the first paragraph, was simply referencing it. Apologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Virgin Islands Discussions

Search the Virgin Islands Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Apparent murder-suicide in USVI (May '09) May '14 SexyCruzan 7
Messiah Yeshua needs to be revealed to His Jewi... May '14 Donna Lee 1
Bringing all students of the caribbean them May '14 Mr D 1
Dynamic Rate on premium rate numbers Apr '14 premium rate numbers 1
Actavis Promethazine (Jan '13) Feb '14 Ultra volg 3
visit virgin Feb '14 sara pov 1
Winter storm results in canceled flights, delay... (Jan '14) Jan '14 erie surrealist 1
•••
•••