Compensation for care homes abuse

Full story: BBC News 2,626
The claims relate to former Nazareth House children's homes Victims of abuse at Nazareth House children's homes have been paid official compensation and more could follow, BBC Scotland has learned. Full Story
Deirdre

Huddersfield, UK

#2314 Mar 30, 2013
Just want to say a big thank you to those who have given their support in our quest for justice & those who have emailed me & spoken to me personnaly. You know who you are.

The torrent of abuse on here is down to one person.
It would be nice for all if it didn't continue.
A liar in one thing I certainly am not. It was bad enough in N H without anyone fibbing.

What one seems to forget is not every child was made to work in the laundry. Others were working in different areas.
izzi frm fife

Glasgow, UK

#2315 Mar 30, 2013
dear friends and like minded good hearts, i'm not alone when i say,we are all feeling a bit fed-up and despondent on here with all the one-sided bitching thats being directed to the people that need upliftment and support and this being the reason why we come on here,we must not be drawn into distraction of negative energies,giving them fuel for their fire,this negativity from one direction has caused many of us to remain off this site therefore we haven't had the chance to share our experiences with the many good people on here ,we must not forget the topic of discussion n be thankfull we now have a voice to air our emotions about past traumas in those hell holes and nolonger be forced to be silent through fear. in light and love izzi
Margaret Goggin s

Slough, UK

#2316 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter, one and allX
bernie quinn

London, UK

#2317 Mar 31, 2013
Everyone is entitle to write and address their concerns and in particularly when some of the issues talk about are in conflict with others who were there at the time. Bernie continue to do the right thing and don't ever think you are on your own, much of what you say is seen, as supportive of Nazareth Nuns. In society there is many bad apples but nonetheless everyone else should not be tarnished with the same brush. Finally can everyone just give contributors their space and allow them to give their opinion, respect one another

Not when it is a total lie. Ask yourself why this girl only thought of telling people about a laundry job now. Never before did she once mention it to the media. After all she did speak about everything else to the papers. Go on the internet or your local library and you can read the inconsistencies which exist plus printed photos which included me without first seeking my permission. There is such a thing called the data protection act! Respect is earned. This woman can't even name the people she apparently worked with either. Oh I know she had a blockage and its suddenly come to the fore. Its a load of verbal diarrhoea There is a such a thing called honesty but I'm afraid its not in this womans vocabulary. So all your so called support is going to a fraudster.
Deirdre

Huddersfield, UK

#2318 Apr 1, 2013
How pathetic. One can talk to the media for hours but they only have a few mins of air time.
bernie quinn

UK

#2319 Apr 1, 2013
Well isn't that another load of verbal diarrhoea. Media ias we are all aware doesn't just include television interviews. What about the pages of interviews in the paper did they omit it? Of course not because it wasn't included in your dialogue. One just needs to look at the coverage when you first were interviewed. The evidence is in black and white for the world to see. You forgot to tell it because it didn't happen.
Keep the Faith

Belfast, UK

#2320 Apr 1, 2013
Deirdre wrote:
How pathetic. One can talk to the media for hours but they only have a few mins of air time.
It is very obvious that there is difference of opinion between Berine & Deirdre both of whom while came through Nazareth House Belfast more or least at the same period are coming from a different aspect. The topix forum allows individuals to part take in exchanging their experiences as children under the care of the Nazareth Order and therefore I would hope that a little understanding and mutual respect ought to be the principle of engaging with one another.

Some of the exchanges between one another are very up setting and while I appreciate each ones wishes to reaffirmed their stances on what occurred, surely it can be done will a little decorum. Those of us who are contributors have an opportunity to recall the events from within the various Nazareth Houses and while most comments are of a negative aspects there is also the positive aspects that entitles one to express his or her opinions.

Can I asked that each and everyone to consider not everyone will agreed when comments become a conflict between people from the same institution. Pause for a second and asked yourself what the purpose of this forum and the answer is, everyone is entitle to take part and while some may dispute or agreed shown a little more sensitivity.
Margaret Goggin s

Slough, UK

#2322 Apr 1, 2013
Have to agree with Bernie here. There has to be clarity from everyone. There is just too much at stake here and no room for the powers-that-be to grasp the opportunity to discredit those who have suffered. I hope we'll be able to see the outcome of the Inquiry if someone can post it here.
Joy Division

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#2323 Apr 1, 2013
Many sadly are not Christians or have any sense of fun on special occasions, so
I guess some would say roll your eggs and play with your kegs ...happy Easter!
Keep the Faith

Belfast, UK

#2324 Apr 1, 2013
Bernie, you have hit the nail on the head, seemly lies not only discredits the authors but fundamental the Forum itself. Yes everyone has a story to tell and if you go by previous comments from individuals they ought to know they will be exposed, particularly when other contributors have their say with the Acknowledgement Forum. Bernie keep pressing for the truth and in doing so you will weed out the fraudsters. Ialso sense Margaret has her finger on the button, we have too much to lose and if others wished to reflect on their previous comments will hopefully realised, they are only fooling themselves. Let the truth be victorious.
Deirdre

Huddersfield, UK

#2325 Apr 2, 2013
So the saga continues.

B Q I have no problem seeing you face to face when I will be in N Ireland. I wouldn't waste my time going over just to see you. However you can ring me if you want. Read some of my postings & you will find the liar.
bernie quinn

UK

#2326 Apr 2, 2013
You already have my telephone number deirdre, why do you pretend you haven't spoken to me before? All you have to do is admit you never worked in the laundry in nazareth house belfast. And if you had of worked in the laundry Lizzy hannas name who every child in the convent knew, wouldn't be the only name you are familiar with, so you wouldn't have avoided giving the names of girls who worked along side you plus you had no problem spelling out lizzy hannas name and then you say you can't name anyone else because of relatives etc. I am sorry but it just doesn't wear. You have avoided the other names of the main laundry workers because you don't know them so its impossible for you to recall them. As I said before no one else in our group worked in the laundry.
There is older girls than you and they never worked in the laundry neither did any of the other girls who were there in the sixties. So why do you think thomas picked you out from everyone else, Before that I don't know as I wasn't there. But other people who don't post on this site do know you and remember you and your sister coming from the south from the travelling community and confirm that its a load of lies you are telling. So I ask you again. Come clean and tell the truth that's how you earn respect. Being honest
bernie quinn

UK

#2327 Apr 2, 2013
My apologies lizzy. Hanna donnelly was the name we all knew as the woman we were all scared off who worked in the laundry with the big black boot. . You've been in my head lizzy since I got your email . I hope you are well and had as nice an Easter as possible. I will never forget the day my foster mum died. Although she wasn't my real mother. She was my mother in my heart. The whole world stood still for me. Everything stopped for me. I just wanted God to take me too as the pain was so immense and intense. But the world still carried on. The buses were still moving. People rushing about the street and I couldn't understand why for the life of me they didn't stop and acknowledge my grief. I leave flowers at her grave on mothers day, Easter and Christmas. Not as often as I used to but I still miss her so much. They say time heals all wounds. Time heals nothing. You learn to live with the pain. Take care and sorry for using your name by mistake. I still don't get on the computer with the kids. I feel so sorry for them they were studying through their Christmas holidays and now they are studying through the Easter break. Wouldn't you think the education system here in ni would at least let the kids have a break. They are already under enough pressures. Speak to you soon lizzy. X
bernie quinn

UK

#2328 Apr 2, 2013
Was in bed sleeping most of Easter Sunday after an all might vigil. Would sincerely like to take this opportunity of wishing everybody on this site a very Happy and. For those who believe in the Risen Lord, A Holy Easter.
Deirdre

Huddersfield, UK

#2329 Apr 2, 2013
bernie quinn wrote:
You already have my telephone number deirdre, why do you pretend you haven't spoken to me before? All you have to do is admit you never worked in the laundry in nazareth house belfast. And if you had of worked in the laundry Lizzy hannas name who every child in the convent knew, wouldn't be the only name you are familiar with, so you wouldn't have avoided giving the names of girls who worked along side you plus you had no problem spelling out lizzy hannas name and then you say you can't name anyone else because of relatives etc. I am sorry but it just doesn't wear. You have avoided the other names of the main laundry workers because you don't know them so its impossible for you to recall them. As I said before no one else in our group worked in the laundry.
There is older girls than you and they never worked in the laundry neither did any of the other girls who were there in the sixties. So why do you think thomas picked you out from everyone else, Before that I don't know as I wasn't there. But other people who don't post on this site do know you and remember you and your sister coming from the south from the travelling community and confirm that its a load of lies you are telling. So I ask you again. Come clean and tell the truth that's how you earn respect. Being honest
What a load of bollocks. I have never said I haven't spoken to you before. I have said on here before I DO NOT come from a travelling family not that I have anything against them
Deirdre

Huddersfield, UK

#2330 Apr 2, 2013
I don't give a shit who did & who didn't work in the laundry and who remembers who. All I want is JUSTICE for the ABUSED. I Worked in the LAUNDRY. Yes I am from southern Ireland and proud of that. I will not give you any names. You have no right to ask for names.I will not waste time phoning you you arrogant bitch. You ring me if you want. Go find something better to do than keep giving me shit.
bernie quinn

London, UK

#2331 Apr 2, 2013
Well talk about being sucked in and blew out. For every ones information Hanna Donnelly did not work in the laundry in nazareth house belfast. It was hanna donnelly we all knew and feared because we had to line up and show our clothes to make sure we hadn't torn them. Hanna donnelly was sr colmcilles help in the work room which was situated on the ground floor close to the back door. This work room later became st claudes classroom. The laundry was a separate building situated in the back garden of the childrens block and this is fact.
bernie quinn

UK

#2332 Apr 2, 2013
My case rests.
Derry Irish

Glasgow, UK

#2333 Apr 2, 2013
bernie quinn wrote:
<quoted text>yes indeed there is errors their just to number a few.oh silly me I spelt it the same way you did.!! So you can't give your name but I don't think it's too hard to guess but to be honest I couldn't give too hoots. You can write what you like as its a free world just I will write what I like and I don't care who doesn't agree with it. Oh I forgot about Kate but then some of you thought we were the same person. What's wrong no name? After some money yourself or maybe it's an office you require??? Free of course??? If you don't like what I say don't read it. It really isn't rocket science. Goodbye no name I find your study of me pathetic. You could have written worse truths. Disappointing to say the least.
Bernie , a bit of your own advice wouldn't go a miss love, and who mentioned you being in anyway connected to my remark about 'Katie'..your remark in itself speaks volumes..but anyway, why would I require and office? or any compensation? what would you know Bernie Quinn? You say you know who I am , or can guess rather, well let me tell you Bernie, you haven't a clue who I am, you've never heard of, seen, spoken to or know of my existence on this planet, other than I'm from Derry....but I'm suspecting that you think that I am female?. I am an outsider, who yes has taken an interest in your posts, you may see it as pathetic, but I seen it as a worth while exercise, just to reiterate to the rest of the people on this site, who are probably taking your viscous nasty remarks to heart, that the subliminal messages that your posts give out say something completely different to what you actually mean or who you actually are. I've met and dealt with your type a thousand times over in my time, your a sad woman who seems to give out a reoccurring theme of denial and visits this site to belittle others, call them liars all because you see their misery as a measure of the so-called, self styled pathetic success that you believe you enjoy. It's as plain as the Size 40 font, your TRUE motives for being on here. I see straight through you Bernie Quinn, no need for Window Lean with you Kid.

Happy Easter n all that...Hope your enjoying playing the Big Sister of Nazareth and the Von Trapps.
kara

Cumberland, KY

#2334 Apr 2, 2013
big subject

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edward Robinson Associates Accountants Liverpoo... 30 min Stuart Furness 1
How come British cars are so bad? (Jan '11) 33 min more car chases 1,953
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 2 hr birmingham 23 18,372
Cuban cigars among goods travelers get OK to im... 2 hr Doc Caliban 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr MUQ2 23,170
bbm swap 4 hr swlondonguy1993 1
women only 4 hr norvaner 1
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 6 hr John OD 7,895
skype sex (Mar '14) 12 hr Wifey2c 1,119
More from around the web