Another victim of England's ignorance toward the Irish

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Irish Independent

THE Conservative cabinet minister for education in Croydon Borough Council , Maria Gatland , has resigned her post after the revelation that, 35 years ago, she was a member of the IRA .

Comments (Page 12)

Showing posts 221 - 240 of326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Puddle

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

kraka wrote:
<quoted text>
China/Tibet ratio?
Ireland would be begging of everyone if the UK didn't bail them. In 2009 they were poorer than Kenya. Peasant pikeys with nowt but fugly birds and horse meat.
Engayland is the 2nd biggest debtor nation in the world (Wiki) And now with your loss of triple A credit rating. Looks like you may have to ask the IMF to bail you out, again. Or maybe you will ask the US as you did before and it took you over 40 years to repay them last time but at least then you had some industry whereas these days you have nowt but greasy spoon soggy chips an' soggy birds too. Arigh' chuck!
Philagain

Kirriemuir, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

I am disgusted,disgraced and embarrassed at how we English treat other country's as of we own them, no wonder our name is mud.
James

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Puddle wrote:
<quoted text> Engayland is the 2nd biggest debtor nation in the world (Wiki) And now with your loss of triple A credit rating. Looks like you may have to ask the IMF to bail you out, again. Or maybe you will ask the US as you did before and it took you over 40 years to repay them last time but at least then you had some industry whereas these days you have nowt but greasy spoon soggy chips an' soggy birds too. Arigh' chuck!
You're talking about the UK, not England. There will be no aplication for any IMF bailout because no government could survive that.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about the UK, not England. There will be no aplication for any IMF bailout because no government could survive that.
It seems that Ireland won't need this second bailout you've been touting for so long. Particluarly because the Irish State recently borrowed almost all they need to the end of 2014 on the international markets at a rate of 4%.

Told you so......
James

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that Ireland won't need this second bailout you've been touting for so long. Particluarly because the Irish State recently borrowed almost all they need to the end of 2014 on the international markets at a rate of 4%.
Told you so......
Cyprus is defaulting like Greece.

And the UK is leaving the failed EU forever.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

James wrote:
<quoted text>
Cyprus is defaulting like Greece.
And the UK is leaving the failed EU forever.
Cyprus is a barren wasteland further from Europe than Turkey.
James

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Cyprus is a barren wasteland further from Europe than Turkey.
France, Spain and Italy are also destroyed just like your failed terrorist state.

I'm so glad millions of Conservatives are defecting to UKIP.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

James wrote:
<quoted text>
France, Spain and Italy are also destroyed just like your failed terrorist state.
O.....K???

:O
James

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
O.....K???
:O
The European Union was a stupid idea to begin with, just like the Napoleonic Empire.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Regardless of whether the UK leaves the EU or not, if the Eurozone fails, the UK will be fcuked. I can't put it in more simpler terms than that. If you need evidence of this I can provide it. I don't understand the small minded attitude, you do know the UK is heavily linked finacially to the Eurozone? And even if it left the EU this would still be the case?
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Dubbadub wrote:
Regardless of whether the UK leaves the EU or not, if the Eurozone fails, the UK will be fcuked. I can't put it in more simpler terms than that. If you need evidence of this I can provide it. I don't understand the small minded attitude, you do know the UK is heavily linked finacially to the Eurozone? And even if it left the EU this would still be the case?
I am not sure about that.

The problem is that if the Eurozone crumbles, if affect a large part of our market. So we will have to export more of different markets: Asia, South America, etc...

But as far as currency is concerned, we have kept all the tools necessary to manipulate the pound sterling and help our economy.

Countries in the Eurozone have lost that flexibility: they all must move together to do anything, and it looks like now it's the strong German economy that dictate the pace to weak Eurozone countries.

The austerity measures in Greece, now Italy and the bank raid on savings in Cyprus have been ordered by Germany, the bandleader of the Eurozone, because Berlin wants to assert its power in Europe. How long that will last is anyone's guess.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

James wrote:
<quoted text>
I have written to my Tory MP to complain about Cameron's promise of a referendum IF he is re-elected, asking him why we can't have it NOW. I mentioned that he was already elected last time on the strength of that promise that was fullfilled.
I said that I would be voting UKIP next general election if we don't have a referendum in between.
His reply was that he himself is in favour of a referndum now, and not in 4 years time.
I think Cameron has lost the plot, and could be unseated after the business of gay marriage anyway. Many Tories didn't like that!
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

"promise that wasN'T fullfilled "

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure about that.
The problem is that if the Eurozone crumbles, if affect a large part of our market. So we will have to export more of different markets: Asia, South America, etc...
But as far as currency is concerned, we have kept all the tools necessary to manipulate the pound sterling and help our economy.
Countries in the Eurozone have lost that flexibility: they all must move together to do anything, and it looks like now it's the strong German economy that dictate the pace to weak Eurozone countries.
The austerity measures in Greece, now Italy and the bank raid on savings in Cyprus have been ordered by Germany, the bandleader of the Eurozone, because Berlin wants to assert its power in Europe. How long that will last is anyone's guess.
Interesting yeah I just think that if the Eurozone goes down as James appears to wish for it would not be beneficial to the UK. I was looking at a chart yesterday of the countrys most at risk if the Eurozone collapsed ranked by Very High/High/Medium/Low and the UK was in the ''very high'' category. On another note I don't enjoy abusing other countries but Cyprus is a toilet, and how they managed to get into the EU is beyond me.
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>
The European Union was a stupid idea to begin with, just like the Napoleonic Empire.
I am with you on this one James,ruining both our countries this farce called EU.Have been against it from beginning.UK leaves Ireland leaves.
BTW Britain owes us more money than we borrowed,yes borrowed(For all the murder and genocide and robbing of our land, it committed here in my country)So be thankful its a loan and not pay back.And stop moaning about us,and moan about the countries UK is giving money to and will never pay it back.Like Ireland is paying to countries that never will pay back to us either and never fix themselves,so will be living off our backs for always.
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>
The only failed terrorism was British in Ireland.And Ireland never will be destroyed.You however would want to look closer to home and your country is turning into a non British country.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Irish2 wrote:
Like Ireland is paying to countries that never will pay back to us either and never fix themselves,so will be living off our backs for always.
Although I'd sooner give free money away to a European country than all this free-aid we're giving to obscure African countries. To be honest and I know this sounds harsh, I don't give a toss what problems they have in African countries. Its certainly not worth over 600 million from the Irish state every year. I only care about what goes on within Europe, if there are Europeans starving/AIDS ridden kids/without water etc I'll be the first to donate. Once it gets outside this continent I couldn't care less. The 600 million in aid is a waste, because quite frankly the majority of Irish people don't care whether some village in Kenya has running water or not. 600 million Euro's we gave to Africa last year, despite being in the biggest financial crisis in the states history. Wonder if they'd do the same for us?
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I'd sooner give free money away to a European country than all this free-aid we're giving to obscure African countries. To be honest and I know this sounds harsh, I don't give a toss what problems they have in African countries. Its certainly not worth over 600 million from the Irish state every year. I only care about what goes on within Europe, if there are Europeans starving/AIDS ridden kids/without water etc I'll be the first to donate. Once it gets outside this continent I couldn't care less. The 600 million in aid is a waste, because quite frankly the majority of Irish people don't care whether some village in Kenya has running water or not. 600 million Euro's we gave to Africa last year, despite being in the biggest financial crisis in the states history. Wonder if they'd do the same for us?
I agree,should have been fixed a long time ago,but the money we have been sending has gone down the toilet.
Only way to solve such problems is the people in those countries themselves.
I refuse to take any of those things such as concern into my home.
It is a money pit,all of those countries.
Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

p.s Not likely they would do it for anyone,sitting on billions and wont even feed their own.lol

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Irish2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,should have been fixed a long time ago,but the money we have been sending has gone down the toilet.
Only way to solve such problems is the people in those countries themselves.
I refuse to take any of those things such as concern into my home.
It is a money pit,all of those countries.
Let them sort out their own problems. Afterall we have to endure the never ending ''western intervention caused all our problems'' routine, which is true to a degree but not the cause of everything. Yeah what exactly does the money go towards. Billions are sent there in aid every year by the EU yet we still have a massive border problem in the south of Europe with migrants making their way here from that continent. So free-aid and unfettered immigration, having their cake and eating it too it would seem.

I wouldn't mind so much if we didn't have to look at the likes of this,

http://eliminatingwhitesupremacy.wordpress.co...

There will be civil war in Europe within the next century. The sh*t will eventually hit the fan some day.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 221 - 240 of326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the United Kingdom Forum right now

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why are british people so stupid??? (Jan '11) 1 min Rebecca 462
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... 4 min Pro Ukraine 1,492
ansys apdl + shell281 + torque ? 29 min cireb 1
raymond daniels bradford yorkshire informer (Apr '13) 32 min Tax man 139
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 33 min davey london 10,711
gets worse every day 59 min mail order Ting Tong 1
no comment really needed 1 hr mail order Ting Tong 1
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 3 hr numbers 4,240
skype sex 17 hr davi 287