Another victim of England's ignorance toward the Irish

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Irish Independent

THE Conservative cabinet minister for education in Croydon Borough Council , Maria Gatland , has resigned her post after the revelation that, 35 years ago, she was a member of the IRA .

Comments
181 - 200 of 326 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2013

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text> I did not say the flag was sectarian i said you were sectarian,the only reason that flag is beside your name is for the sectarian annoyance value as you know the ira murder squads hooked up with many palestinian murder squads.WHY not an israeli flag or even better since your an proud irishman why not fly your own beloved flag
How am I sectarian? For having a Palestinian flag as my picture? I put it up in support of the Palestinian women and kids who have been slaughtered in Gaza.

Your the one making bigotted claims.....

I should make a list of Mick Rock's most bigotted comments....
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who are traditionally Unionist, will be a minority soon.
It means that a party with a history of representing the Nationalist community will be the majority party in the assembly in the coming years.
The game is up. The majority is slipping and will soon become the minority.
Which is why its important you all get along. As you can't really complain about having a Catholic First Minister, or a Nationalist Party being the biggest one, when its all done democratically and no one is discriminating against you because of your religion/ethnicity etc....
I respect the democratic wishes of the people of NI because now there is no institutionalised discrimination in NI. But should their wishes change in the future, you will have to accept that too.
So in your world when the balance changes what party will have the most representatives in the northern ireland assembly ?
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to be assumed that people are in charge of their fertility, and free to have the number of children they wish.
So, you cannot accuse one group to produce children to political end, if you aren't ready to do the same.
Demography is a very powerful weapon! The Flemish minority in Belgium overtook the Wallon (French -speaking) majority in less than 50 years by producing more children.
In Israel itself, ethnic Arabs are reproducing far more than the Jews and could become the majority in the country before the end of this century; that's why Israel "imports" more and more Jews from the USA, Russia or Ukraine!
So, it may well happen that the nationalist republicans in Ulster one day outnumber the loyalist protestants! That would change drastically the balance or power, wouldn't it?
So you cannot accuse one group to produce children to political end if you arent ready to do the same. What does this mean ?
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>So you cannot accuse one group to produce children to political end if you arent ready to do the same. What does this mean ?
Start making babies !!!

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>So in your world when the balance changes what party will have the most representatives in the northern ireland assembly ?
The way things are going. Probably Sinn Fein...

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>sinn fein/ira are now a peaceful democratic party who have no links or cannot stop the republican murder gangs still killing innocent people,you dubbadubb are not fooling anybody and you know the truth and your statements are sickening but then again your far,far away from the violence and the grim reality.
Yes they are. The Deputy First Minister has come out with strong condemnation of dissident attacks many times.

I don't want to fool anybody. There is no hidden agenda. Unless you can explain what it is?

There have been more people shot dead in Dublin this year, than in the whole of Northern Ireland.
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Start making babies !!!
STILL DONT UNDERSTAND !
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

troutman wrote:
<quoted text>
" http://gulfnews.com/news/region/palestinian-t...
the above is a link to a article about the "biggest mall in Gaza" i do not believe "Auschwitz" actually had a mall ,do you?
Wow, so Israel had allowed a mall to be built in Gaza (population 12.5 million, remember), so we should all applaude that generosity, shouldn't we? Sounds like the Potenkim Village, doesn't it?

The fly in the ointment are the conditions the people of Gaza are forced to live in, which have been widely reported by world media, presumably all anti-Israel and anti-semite too.

There is no freedom of movement out of Gaza: Israel decides who can leave, travel, go abroad, etc... Foreign medical treatments are refused to terminaly ill Gaza inhabitants. Gaza dwellers cannot go abroad, visit families, or come back without the authorisation of the Israeli authorities; they are in fact prisoners in a giant concentration camp. Israel prevent any supply from the sea: evertthing has to go through israel first, where the pilfrage of good is rife. Even the mail is subject to israeli censorship! Israel; also jamms Palestinian radio stations, etc...

Living conditions? Well, Israel controlsALL supplies of food, goods, medecines, equipment, energy, water, and other amenities going to Gaza. Water and energy supplies are often cut arbitrarilly by Israel authorities to assert their grip on Gaza.

Economic situation? Israel controls all economic activities, restrict Pal;estinian workers to go outside Gaza. Israeli soldiers racket them on their way back on paydays. Building materials entering Gaza are taxed by Israel (like many goods, in fact). Anything made in Gaza is labelled "Made in Israel" and taxed accordingly.

So, you can brag about one lousy mall if you want, the fact is that Gaza is still a hellhole for 1.5 million people, and that because of Israel.
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>STILL DONT UNDERSTAND !
Clearly you are beyond help!
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are. The Deputy First Minister has come out with strong condemnation of dissident attacks many times.
I don't want to fool anybody. There is no hidden agenda. Unless you can explain what it is?
There have been more people shot dead in Dublin this year, than in the whole of Northern Ireland.
So the irishman who flies the "palestini" flag thinks that sinn fein/ira are a peaceful bunch now,they have completely changed their spots and everything in the garden is rosy and moving along acceptably also everything that comes out of murdering martins mouth is gospel truth and can be trusted 100%.This in conjunction with the fact that in your world when these murderers become the majority that ulster protestants dont need to be bothered because the murderers are trustworthy now HOORAH ! Who you trying to kid,once again i point to the sinn fein/ira oath which has not changed in any way - read it and them come back and spout your crap !
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>once again i point to the sinn fein/ira oath which has not changed in any way - read it and them come back and spout your crap !
"I swear by Almighty God, by all Heaven, by the Holy and Blessed prayer book, of the Roman Catholic Church, by the Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God, by her bitter tears and wailing’s, by St Patrick, our Blessed and adorable Host, the Rosary to fight until we die in the field of red gore of the Saxon tyrants and murderers.

Of our glorious nationality, if spared to fight until not a single trace is left to tell that the Holy soil of Ireland was trodden by these Heretics. Also these Protestant robbers and brutes, these unbelievers of our faith, will be driven into the sea, by fire, the knife or by poison cup until we of the Catholic faith and avowed defenders of the Sinn Fein action and Principles, clear these Heretics from our lands.

Age is not to be considered in our blessed deeds of extermination of Brutes who in ages past have robbed our churches. We must shed streams of blood of these tyrants to again claim our Holy places.

Report to our Blessed priests regularly upon all works and business transactions.

Any cost we must work in secret, using any method of deception to gain our ends, towards the destruction of all Protestants and the advance of the Priesthood and the Catholic faith.

Our Beloved Ireland has been held in chains by these cursed foreign tyrants for ages, now we can see the end of their power.

We must strike at every opportunity using all methods of causing ill felling within the Protestant ranks, and in their business. The employment of any means will be Blessed by our earthly fathers the Priests, thrice Blessed by His Holiness the Pope.

Scotland must also be swept clean of their accursed beliefs by the extermination of all Masonic and all such bodies as do not accept our creed must perish, as before the days of the accursed Reformation.

So shall we of the Roman Catholic Church and faith destroy with smiles and Thanksgiving to our Holy Father all who reject our beliefs. So help me God."

So, is that what you are talking about?
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>So you cannot accuse one group to produce children to political end if you arent ready to do the same. What does this mean ?
I would answer your point if i understood the sentence as for help i will help you with your confused english if you want !
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
"I swear by Almighty God, by all Heaven, by the Holy and Blessed prayer book, of the Roman Catholic Church, by the Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God, by her bitter tears and wailing’s, by St Patrick, our Blessed and adorable Host, the Rosary to fight until we die in the field of red gore of the Saxon tyrants and murderers.
Of our glorious nationality, if spared to fight until not a single trace is left to tell that the Holy soil of Ireland was trodden by these Heretics. Also these Protestant robbers and brutes, these unbelievers of our faith, will be driven into the sea, by fire, the knife or by poison cup until we of the Catholic faith and avowed defenders of the Sinn Fein action and Principles, clear these Heretics from our lands.
Age is not to be considered in our blessed deeds of extermination of Brutes who in ages past have robbed our churches. We must shed streams of blood of these tyrants to again claim our Holy places.
Report to our Blessed priests regularly upon all works and business transactions.
Any cost we must work in secret, using any method of deception to gain our ends, towards the destruction of all Protestants and the advance of the Priesthood and the Catholic faith.
Our Beloved Ireland has been held in chains by these cursed foreign tyrants for ages, now we can see the end of their power.
We must strike at every opportunity using all methods of causing ill felling within the Protestant ranks, and in their business. The employment of any means will be Blessed by our earthly fathers the Priests, thrice Blessed by His Holiness the Pope.
Scotland must also be swept clean of their accursed beliefs by the extermination of all Masonic and all such bodies as do not accept our creed must perish, as before the days of the accursed Reformation.
So shall we of the Roman Catholic Church and faith destroy with smiles and Thanksgiving to our Holy Father all who reject our beliefs. So help me God."
So, is that what you are talking about?
YES,QUITE CLEAR WITH THIER INTENTIONS,NO MISTAKE CAN BE MADE THERE,ARE WE AGREED
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>YES,QUITE CLEAR WITH THIER INTENTIONS,NO MISTAKE CAN BE MADE THERE,ARE WE AGREED
That was then, and this is now.

Now Sinn Fein has accepted the Peace Process and taken part in government, just like the IRA has desarmed. Everybody is happy.

How long are you going to find excuses for you to maintain your ridiculous bigotry?

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>So the irishman who flies the "palestini" flag thinks that sinn fein/ira are a peaceful bunch now,they have completely changed their spots and everything in the garden is rosy and moving along acceptably also everything that comes out of murdering martins mouth is gospel truth and can be trusted 100%.This in conjunction with the fact that in your world when these murderers become the majority that ulster protestants dont need to be bothered because the murderers are trustworthy now HOORAH ! Who you trying to kid,once again i point to the sinn fein/ira oath which has not changed in any way - read it and them come back and spout your crap !
I think so. It suits Sinn Fein/IRA much more to be a peaceful political party, than a paramilitary organisation. Which is why they took the decision in 2005 to denounce violence and put their arms beyond use.

It suits them better. Going around the globe to other conflict zones as ''experts'' on how to solve the crisis. Getting the celebrity treatment in Washington DC and many other places. Being held up as the example to the rest of the world as to how conflicts can be solved and how armed organisations can make the transition to parliamentary politics. You think they would give up all of this to return to violence? It wouldn't suit them at all. Realistically, you know?

I think the IRA did some terrible things. Do you think the same about the Loyalist paramilitaries?

Well the facts are, Sinn Fein were never the biggest Nationalist party UNTIL the IRA gave up violence. So the Nationalist community didn't support Sinn Fein in the majority until the IRA gave up violence. Tells you all you need to know....

Anyway what happened to the likes of the PUP (UVF party)? I always thought David Ervine (ex UVF paramilitary) had interesting things to say. He always came across as rational and not a bigot. Which is more than can be said about some of the high and mighty bigots in other Unionist parties who never once took up a gun, but shamefully did all they could to stir up trouble and hatred from the sidelines.....
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so. It suits Sinn Fein/IRA much more to be a peaceful political party, than a paramilitary organisation. Which is why they took the decision in 2005 to denounce violence and put their arms beyond use.
It suits them better. Going around the globe to other conflict zones as ''experts'' on how to solve the crisis. Getting the celebrity treatment in Washington DC and many other places. Being held up as the example to the rest of the world as to how conflicts can be solved and how armed organisations can make the transition to parliamentary politics. You think they would give up all of this to return to violence? It wouldn't suit them at all. Realistically, you know?Simple question - have sinn fein/ira murdered anyone since 2005 ?
I think the IRA did some terrible things. Do you think the same about the Loyalist paramilitaries?
Well the facts are, Sinn Fein were never the biggest Nationalist party UNTIL the IRA gave up violence. So the Nationalist community didn't support Sinn Fein in the majority until the IRA gave up violence. Tells you all you need to know....
Anyway what happened to the likes of the PUP (UVF party)? I always thought David Ervine (ex UVF paramilitary) had interesting things to say. He always came across as rational and not a bigot. Which is more than can be said about some of the high and mighty bigots in other Unionist parties who never once took up a gun, but shamefully did all they could to stir up trouble and hatred from the sidelines.....
Simple question - Have sinn fein/ira murdered anybody since 2005 ?

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>Simple question - Have sinn fein/ira murdered anybody since 2005 ?
Have the UDA or UVF since 2007?

Also, do you condemn the Loyalist killing of civilians during the Troubles?
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the UDA or UVF since 2007?
Also, do you condemn the Loyalist killing of civilians during the Troubles?
I asked you a simple question, by your lack of response i think we have learned alot.
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
That was then, and this is now.
Now Sinn Fein has accepted the Peace Process and taken part in government, just like the IRA has desarmed. Everybody is happy.
How long are you going to find excuses for you to maintain your ridiculous bigotry?
So sinn fein/ira have not murdered anybody since 2005,is this what you believe ?

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you a simple question, by your lack of response i think we have learned alot.
Have the UDA or UVF?

Also do you condemn the atrocities carried out by Loyalist paramilitaries during the Troubles?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the United Kingdom Forum right now

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 7 min anon 225
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 7 min zeph112 4,639
skype sex 17 min jay 363
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 18 min jay 11,495
Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... 44 min Sharpwho 3
add me 1 hr Matlj 3
So glad the NHS is being privatised 1 hr Andy 1
•••
•••