Riots erupt in N.Ireland after Protestant marches

Jul 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Baltimore Sun

Police fired plastic bullets and water cannon at Catholic youths in Northern Ireland's provincial capital Belfast on Tuesday after rioting erupted when a Protestant parade passed their estate.

Comments
821 - 840 of 881 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2013

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

I await your answer Mick.

Or will you dodge the question like the rest of them?
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why did Loyalists in 1912 go against the peaceful democratic wishes of the Irish people for a Home Rule parliament within the UK?
The British Government, House of Commons, IPP, majority of Irish people ALL SUPPORTED it. And it was ruined by you lot.
Why did your ilk spit on British democracy, the legitimacy of the British government and the peaceful wishes of the majority on this island for a Home Rule Parliament WITHIN the UK.
Why if you know so much about it? Enlighten me from your perspective?
I've yet to get a proper answer about this from ANY Unionist from NI. Tell me your side of the story, why you all had to ruin it. Do you have a side of the story? Other than ''we don't want to share a parliament with those slippery Catholics''. Was there actually any more to it than that?
You said it "slippery"

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>You said it "slippery"
So you have no answer as to why your people (Unionists/Militant Loyalists) in 1912-1913 blocked the peaceful democratic decision of the British Government, House of Commons, IPP and the majority of Irish people, to have a Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.

Thanks for clearing that up.....

''Slippery''??? Haha

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Actually, many in the IPP were ''Unionist'' in their way of thinking too.

All they wanted was to govern themselves within the UK. Even that was a step too far for the Ulster-Loyalists....
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no answer as to why your people (Unionists/Militant Loyalists) in 1912-1913 blocked the peaceful democratic decision of the British Government, House of Commons, IPP and the majority of Irish people, to have a Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.
Thanks for clearing that up.....
''Slippery''??? Haha
COULD NOT TRUST SLIPPERY BIGOTTED MURDERERS THEN AND NO CHANGE TODAY !As for clearing it up you seem to be answering yourself which is rather strange
Tealc

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't come out to condemn the atrocities committed by the Unionist paramilitary, did you? That shows your true colour too.
And yes, I am English born and bred.
English? of course you are.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text> COULD NOT TRUST SLIPPERY BIGOTTED MURDERERS THEN AND NO CHANGE TODAY !As for clearing it up you seem to be answering yourself which is rather strange
Irish Republicans were a micro movement back then. They didn't even have anyone elected. The peaceful IPP who wanted Home Rule within the UK were by far the biggest and most popular party on this island.

You lot were dealing with a peaceful political party (Irish Parliamentary Party) that wanted an Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.

And by destroying the Home Rule Bill you inadvertently managed to give Irish Republicanism the greatest gift they ever had.

Good job.....

Face it YOU ALL HAVE NO ANSWERS AS TO WHY YOU SPAT ON THE LEGITIMACY OF BRITISH DEMOCRACY. THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT, THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, THE IPP, THE MAJORITY OF IRISH PEOPLE ALL SUPPORTED AN IRISH HOME RULE PARLIAMENT WITHIN THE UK, AND YOU PEOPLE BLOCKED IT THROUGH THREATS OF VIOLENCE AND WAR!!!!

TRAITORS!!!!
Man of War

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Ronan the rat and dubbadub... What a pair of fcuking wankers.
dinozzo

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Irish Republicans were a micro movement back then. They didn't even have anyone elected. The peaceful IPP who wanted Home Rule within the UK were by far the biggest and most popular party on this island.
You lot were dealing with a peaceful political party (Irish Parliamentary Party) that wanted an Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.
And by destroying the Home Rule Bill you inadvertently managed to give Irish Republicanism the greatest gift they ever had.
Good job.....
Face it YOU ALL HAVE NO ANSWERS AS TO WHY YOU SPAT ON THE LEGITIMACY OF BRITISH DEMOCRACY. THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT, THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, THE IPP, THE MAJORITY OF IRISH PEOPLE ALL SUPPORTED AN IRISH HOME RULE PARLIAMENT WITHIN THE UK, AND YOU PEOPLE BLOCKED IT THROUGH THREATS OF VIOLENCE AND WAR!!!!
TRAITORS!!!!
AWOOOOGA! AWOOOOGA! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
AWOOOOGA! AWOOOOGA! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!
Thats the first comment where I've resorted to having a caps fit.

I'm sure you will then agree that Mick Rock is a drama queen and there should be an alert?

Seeing as he has had many caps fits on here the past few hours, nevermind the last few days.....

Run along now, check them out, you might even find one of his on this page.....

:)
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Man of War wrote:
Ronan the rat and dubbadub... What a pair of fcuking wankers.
Just because we don't agree with your narrow minde views?

I think that's a badge of honour.
dinozzo

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the first comment where I've resorted to having a caps fit.
I'm sure you will then agree that Mick Rock is a drama queen and there should be an alert?
Seeing as he has had many caps fits on here the past few hours, nevermind the last few days.....
Run along now, check them out, you might even find one of his on this page.....
:)
imagine this being said in the kind of voice some one would use with a very stupid person.

YOU ARE THE DRAMA QUEEN,BOZO!
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
imagine this being said in the kind of voice some one would use with a very stupid person.
DR Jackson, AKA ziva trying to pretend it has a lot of support by switching nicks.

Not very clever and best ignored....
dinozzo

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
DR Jackson, AKA ziva trying to pretend it has a lot of support by switching nicks.
Not very clever and best ignored....
like you ignore simple questions ?
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

youtube.com/watch... ……Young Stinkers or Old Farts Rockin and Stompin again?

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I still cannot understand why any of our friends on here cannot tackle the issues being raised.

Instead resorting to emotive outbursts without being able to answer any of my questions.
dinozzo

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I still cannot understand why any of our friends on here cannot tackle the issues being raised.
Instead resorting to emotive outbursts without being able to answer any of my questions.
who? rio?
Gangnam Style

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

cybershewolf wrote:
Frankly I think it's insane to allow an Orange Parade happen in Newry considering it's a Republican enclave.
It's called calculated provocation.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
who? rio?
No.

Rio actually addresses the issues and debates the points at hand.
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Rio actually addresses the issues and debates the points at hand.
Why the change of flag are you ashamed !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... 17 min Clear Dharma 2,226
Gay BBM group chat 35 min daran 107
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 50 min london 5,351
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 1 hr jsjsjsjs 12,994
Women being abused during cross gender exams 1 hr I can read 75
CERTIFICATES - GCSE & A-Level ONLY !! (Jul '13) 1 hr Samib38 41
Coal mining was a worthless industry 3 hr Cuntfister 2
skype sex 11 hr Lukodiablo 507

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
•••