Riots erupt in N.Ireland after Protestant marches

Jul 12, 2011 Full story: The Baltimore Sun 881

Police fired plastic bullets and water cannon at Catholic youths in Northern Ireland's provincial capital Belfast on Tuesday after rioting erupted when a Protestant parade passed their estate.

Full Story

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#850 Nov 23, 2012
I await your answer Mick.

Or will you dodge the question like the rest of them?
mick rock

UK

#851 Nov 23, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why did Loyalists in 1912 go against the peaceful democratic wishes of the Irish people for a Home Rule parliament within the UK?
The British Government, House of Commons, IPP, majority of Irish people ALL SUPPORTED it. And it was ruined by you lot.
Why did your ilk spit on British democracy, the legitimacy of the British government and the peaceful wishes of the majority on this island for a Home Rule Parliament WITHIN the UK.
Why if you know so much about it? Enlighten me from your perspective?
I've yet to get a proper answer about this from ANY Unionist from NI. Tell me your side of the story, why you all had to ruin it. Do you have a side of the story? Other than ''we don't want to share a parliament with those slippery Catholics''. Was there actually any more to it than that?
You said it "slippery"

Dublin

#852 Nov 23, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>You said it "slippery"
So you have no answer as to why your people (Unionists/Militant Loyalists) in 1912-1913 blocked the peaceful democratic decision of the British Government, House of Commons, IPP and the majority of Irish people, to have a Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.

Thanks for clearing that up.....

''Slippery''??? Haha

Dublin

#853 Nov 23, 2012
Actually, many in the IPP were ''Unionist'' in their way of thinking too.

All they wanted was to govern themselves within the UK. Even that was a step too far for the Ulster-Loyalists....
mick rock

UK

#854 Nov 23, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no answer as to why your people (Unionists/Militant Loyalists) in 1912-1913 blocked the peaceful democratic decision of the British Government, House of Commons, IPP and the majority of Irish people, to have a Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.
Thanks for clearing that up.....
''Slippery''??? Haha
COULD NOT TRUST SLIPPERY BIGOTTED MURDERERS THEN AND NO CHANGE TODAY !As for clearing it up you seem to be answering yourself which is rather strange
Tealc

Glasgow, UK

#855 Nov 23, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't come out to condemn the atrocities committed by the Unionist paramilitary, did you? That shows your true colour too.
And yes, I am English born and bred.
English? of course you are.

Dublin

#856 Nov 23, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text> COULD NOT TRUST SLIPPERY BIGOTTED MURDERERS THEN AND NO CHANGE TODAY !As for clearing it up you seem to be answering yourself which is rather strange
Irish Republicans were a micro movement back then. They didn't even have anyone elected. The peaceful IPP who wanted Home Rule within the UK were by far the biggest and most popular party on this island.

You lot were dealing with a peaceful political party (Irish Parliamentary Party) that wanted an Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.

And by destroying the Home Rule Bill you inadvertently managed to give Irish Republicanism the greatest gift they ever had.

Good job.....

Face it YOU ALL HAVE NO ANSWERS AS TO WHY YOU SPAT ON THE LEGITIMACY OF BRITISH DEMOCRACY. THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT, THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, THE IPP, THE MAJORITY OF IRISH PEOPLE ALL SUPPORTED AN IRISH HOME RULE PARLIAMENT WITHIN THE UK, AND YOU PEOPLE BLOCKED IT THROUGH THREATS OF VIOLENCE AND WAR!!!!

TRAITORS!!!!
Man of War

London, UK

#857 Nov 23, 2012
Ronan the rat and dubbadub... What a pair of fcuking wankers.
dinozzo

Glasgow, UK

#858 Nov 23, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Irish Republicans were a micro movement back then. They didn't even have anyone elected. The peaceful IPP who wanted Home Rule within the UK were by far the biggest and most popular party on this island.
You lot were dealing with a peaceful political party (Irish Parliamentary Party) that wanted an Irish Home Rule Parliament WITHIN THE UK.
And by destroying the Home Rule Bill you inadvertently managed to give Irish Republicanism the greatest gift they ever had.
Good job.....
Face it YOU ALL HAVE NO ANSWERS AS TO WHY YOU SPAT ON THE LEGITIMACY OF BRITISH DEMOCRACY. THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT, THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, THE IPP, THE MAJORITY OF IRISH PEOPLE ALL SUPPORTED AN IRISH HOME RULE PARLIAMENT WITHIN THE UK, AND YOU PEOPLE BLOCKED IT THROUGH THREATS OF VIOLENCE AND WAR!!!!
TRAITORS!!!!
AWOOOOGA! AWOOOOGA! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!

Dublin

#859 Nov 23, 2012
dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
AWOOOOGA! AWOOOOGA! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT! DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!
Thats the first comment where I've resorted to having a caps fit.

I'm sure you will then agree that Mick Rock is a drama queen and there should be an alert?

Seeing as he has had many caps fits on here the past few hours, nevermind the last few days.....

Run along now, check them out, you might even find one of his on this page.....

:)
rio

UK

#860 Nov 23, 2012
Man of War wrote:
Ronan the rat and dubbadub... What a pair of fcuking wankers.
Just because we don't agree with your narrow minde views?

I think that's a badge of honour.
dinozzo

Glasgow, UK

#861 Nov 23, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the first comment where I've resorted to having a caps fit.
I'm sure you will then agree that Mick Rock is a drama queen and there should be an alert?
Seeing as he has had many caps fits on here the past few hours, nevermind the last few days.....
Run along now, check them out, you might even find one of his on this page.....
:)
imagine this being said in the kind of voice some one would use with a very stupid person.

YOU ARE THE DRAMA QUEEN,BOZO!
rio

UK

#862 Nov 23, 2012
dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
imagine this being said in the kind of voice some one would use with a very stupid person.
DR Jackson, AKA ziva trying to pretend it has a lot of support by switching nicks.

Not very clever and best ignored....
dinozzo

Glasgow, UK

#863 Nov 23, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
DR Jackson, AKA ziva trying to pretend it has a lot of support by switching nicks.
Not very clever and best ignored....
like you ignore simple questions ?
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#864 Nov 23, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Young Stinkers or Old Farts Rockin and Stompin again?

Dublin

#865 Nov 25, 2012
dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I still cannot understand why any of our friends on here cannot tackle the issues being raised.

Instead resorting to emotive outbursts without being able to answer any of my questions.
dinozzo

Edinburgh, UK

#866 Nov 25, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I still cannot understand why any of our friends on here cannot tackle the issues being raised.
Instead resorting to emotive outbursts without being able to answer any of my questions.
who? rio?
Gangnam Style

UK

#867 Nov 25, 2012
cybershewolf wrote:
Frankly I think it's insane to allow an Orange Parade happen in Newry considering it's a Republican enclave.
It's called calculated provocation.

Dublin

#868 Nov 25, 2012
dinozzo wrote:
<quoted text>
who? rio?
No.

Rio actually addresses the issues and debates the points at hand.
mick rock

UK

#869 Nov 26, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Rio actually addresses the issues and debates the points at hand.
Why the change of flag are you ashamed !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 4 min Bilbo 7,931
Campaign to save Doncaster wood linked to Robin... 28 min James 1
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 28 min NAM 18,445
Women being abused during cross gender exams 29 min pailrider 240
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 1 hr Ralph 4,723
Any older ladies like younger men? 1 hr 20 year old male 4
New Castle Scotch Ale 1 hr John 2
skype sex (Mar '14) 5 hr andreas mathiszik 1,125
How come British cars are so bad? (Jan '11) 8 hr ChristineM 1,962
More from around the web