Riots erupt in N.Ireland after Protestant marches

Jul 12, 2011 Full story: The Baltimore Sun 881

Police fired plastic bullets and water cannon at Catholic youths in Northern Ireland's provincial capital Belfast on Tuesday after rioting erupted when a Protestant parade passed their estate.

Full Story
Chairman Obama

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#830 Nov 20, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>Our country,i have this funny feeling if it was left to faceless cowards like you there would be no country just a wasteland of cow bones and mcdonald wrappers,as for germany dont you bother to mention it,i dont think you should call yourself american.Your more an Uneducated Sad Arsehole.
zLady, I am about done with you, when I finish people they regret what they started....choose wisely
mick rock

UK

#831 Nov 20, 2012
Chairman Obama wrote:
<quoted text>zLady, I am about done with you, when I finish people they regret what they started....choose wisely
What does that mean !!!!!!! and what is this lady patter you fat retarded sponge
mick rock

UK

#832 Nov 20, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and you can do the same with an Irish Tricolour? In respect of all the Irish women and kids killed by the Loyalists and British Army?
I'll do it if you will.
You see, this is what I'm talking about. Breaking down the barriers, co-operation between us all.
:)
I do not have any flag next to my name but you seem to have an urge, so spread the love and stick up the red hand of ulster or union flag.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#833 Nov 20, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>I do not have any flag next to my name but you seem to have an urge, so spread the love and stick up the red hand of ulster or union flag.
Technically the red hand of Ulster is a symbol of the Ui Neill clan.

But nah.

You set up an account and fly the tricolour, and I'll throw up the oul union jack. No bothers.....

I'm serious.....

mick rock

UK

#834 Nov 20, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically the red hand of Ulster is a symbol of the Ui Neill clan.
But nah.
You set up an account and fly the tricolour, and I'll throw up the oul union jack. No bothers.....
I'm serious.....
But nah what

Dublin

#835 Nov 20, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>But nah what
Why would I?

When you have yet to condemn one Loyalist atrocity?

How can you happily fly a union jack when you support atrocities carried out in its name?

Killing pregnant women? Kids? Is that what the union flag stands for?

Condemn those atrocities......
mick rock

UK

#836 Nov 20, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I?
How can you happily fly a union jack when you support atrocities carried out in its name?
Do you see any union flag next to my name but you choose to fly flags of support so fly them all then including the ones closer to home !
mick rock

UK

#837 Nov 20, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I?
When in all these posts have i supported any atrocity of any kind by any one,you are surmising an awful lot and you have just said you would have no problem flying a union flag !
rio

Beckenham, UK

#838 Nov 21, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>When in all these posts have i supported any atrocity of any kind by any one,you are surmising an awful lot and you have just said you would have no problem flying a union flag !
You have constantly blamed the catholic nationalists and the IRA for the troubles in Ireland, but you have never condemned the loyalist paramilitary groups that have committed similar outrages, nor the Unionists who have show nothing but contempt for the rest of Ulster.

All you want is a status quo where Unionists rule, and Catholics have to acceopt their dictat.
Well, the clock is ticking, and the loyalist majority is decreasing fast!
mick rock

UK

#839 Nov 21, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You have constantly blamed the catholic nationalists and the IRA for the troubles in Ireland, but you have never condemned the loyalist paramilitary groups that have committed similar outrages, nor the Unionists who have show nothing but contempt for the rest of Ulster.
All you want is a status quo where Unionists rule, and Catholics have to acceopt their dictat.
Well, the clock is ticking, and the loyalist majority is decreasing fast!
So that is the proof for me supporting atrocities,did not take you long to show your true colours,are you sure your english
rio

Beckenham, UK

#840 Nov 21, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>So that is the proof for me supporting atrocities,did not take you long to show your true colours,are you sure your english
You didn't come out to condemn the atrocities committed by the Unionist paramilitary, did you? That shows your true colour too.
And yes, I am English born and bred.

Dublin

#841 Nov 21, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see any union flag next to my name but you choose to fly flags of support so fly them all then including the ones closer to home !
Yes, so set up an account and put a tricolour as your picture, and I'll hapily put up a Union Flag.

The orange in the tricolour is there to represent you.

The St Patricks cross in the union flag is/was there to represent me.

So go ahead? Prove your not a bigot?

I await your reply.....

Also I have nothing against the people of Britain. I have many friends who are British. Its the bigotted Unionists in NI that I dislike. The non-bigotted NI Unionists are alright in my book aswell.

Dublin

#842 Nov 21, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>So that is the proof for me supporting atrocities,did not take you long to show your true colours,are you sure your english
You see the HUGE MAJORITY of people in Britain were appauled by Loyalist atrocities.

Just as the HUGE MAJORITY of people in the Republic of Ireland were appauled by Republican atrocities.

Just because he is English it means he has to be in favour of Loyalist atrocities?

What planet are you on?

Dublin

#843 Nov 21, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>When in all these posts have i supported any atrocity of any kind by any one,you are surmising an awful lot and you have just said you would have no problem flying a union flag !
You have yet to condemn a Loyalist atrocity?

I've condemned Republican atrocities on here many times.

Dublin and Monaghan Bombings in 1974? 33 People killed in one day by Loyalists. All civilians. Pregnant women, kids, babies etc all killed.

Are you going to condemn that or what?
rio

Beckenham, UK

#844 Nov 21, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I have nothing against the people of Britain. I have many friends who are British. Its the bigotted Unionists in NI that I dislike. The non-bigotted NI Unionists are alright in my book aswell.
Most people in mainland Britain have nothing against people from the Irish Republic. Most don't have problem with the Irish Republic either.
Over the years, Ireland has show to be moderate, peaceful, a trading partner, a fellow EU member and a good neighbour to us. Many Brits love visiting Ireland too.

But it's different with Ulster which is like a thorn on our side. Ulster has be a source of problem for us, the cause of many death of soldiers, the origin of bombing on the mainland, etc...
mick rock

UK

#845 Nov 21, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
You see the HUGE MAJORITY of people in Britain were appauled by Loyalist atrocities.
Just as the HUGE MAJORITY of people in the Republic of Ireland were appauled by Republican atrocities.
Just because he is English it means he has to be in favour of Loyalist atrocities?
What planet are you on?
Not the same one as you hopefully and i was just checking what nationality the poster was nothing to do with allieing yourself to loyalists
mick rock

UK

#846 Nov 21, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people in mainland Britain have nothing against people from the Irish Republic. Most don't have problem with the Irish Republic either.
Over the years, Ireland has show to be moderate, peaceful, a trading partner, a fellow EU member and a good neighbour to us. Many Brits love visiting Ireland too.
But it's different with Ulster which is like a thorn on our side. Ulster has be a source of problem for us, the cause of many death of soldiers, the origin of bombing on the mainland, etc...
Yeah my point exactly,the many deaths of soldiers and bombing and we have to trust this

Dublin

#847 Nov 23, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats true many Irish have gone to Britain and made a life for themselves. I must say that I've found the huge majority of English people tolerant and friendly. I expect the relationship between these islands to only get better from here into the future.

Ulster is a sitaution that haunts people in the Republic as well as in Britain. Some people go back over 300 years and blame the plantations and Cromwell etc, facts are all this mess could have been sorted out 100 years ago if the Unionists had just agreed with the British Government, House of Commons, majority of Irish people and the IPP. They ruined that chance by threatening war and violence.

Would have been interesting had Home Rule been implimented and the Unionists had started killing people, it would then have been the rest of the people of Ireland and the British going against the Unionists.

Its just a pity that this episode in history isn't well known in the UK. I doubt if many Unionists in NI even know about it, better for them to keep it hushed up.
mick rock

UK

#848 Nov 23, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats true many Irish have gone to Britain and made a life for themselves. I must say that I've found the huge majority of English people tolerant and friendly. I expect the relationship between these islands to only get better from here into the future.
Ulster is a sitaution that haunts people in the Republic as well as in Britain. Some people go back over 300 years and blame the plantations and Cromwell etc, facts are all this mess could have been sorted out 100 years ago if the Unionists had just agreed with the British Government, House of Commons, majority of Irish people and the IPP. They ruined that chance by threatening war and violence.
Would have been interesting had Home Rule been implimented and the Unionists had started killing people, it would then have been the rest of the people of Ireland and the British going against the Unionists.
Its just a pity that this episode in history isn't well known in the UK. I doubt if many Unionists in NI even know about it, better for them to keep it hushed up.
Hushed up !Same loop of crap, different day.You and rio(or is it ROI)should get married,he or she could be your bitch and you could have long cosy back slapping sessions together.

Dublin

#849 Nov 23, 2012
mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>Hushed up !Same loop of crap, different day.You and rio(or is it ROI)should get married,he or she could be your bitch and you could have long cosy back slapping sessions together.
So then why did Loyalists in 1912 go against the peaceful democratic wishes of the Irish people for a Home Rule parliament within the UK?

The British Government, House of Commons, IPP, majority of Irish people ALL SUPPORTED it. And it was ruined by you lot.

Why did your ilk spit on British democracy, the legitimacy of the British government and the peaceful wishes of the majority on this island for a Home Rule Parliament WITHIN the UK.

Why if you know so much about it? Enlighten me from your perspective?

I've yet to get a proper answer about this from ANY Unionist from NI. Tell me your side of the story, why you all had to ruin it. Do you have a side of the story? Other than ''we don't want to share a parliament with those slippery Catholics''. Was there actually any more to it than that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 16 min Add 514723D6 20,349
Casual Dating in The UK 28 min Peter 33
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 31 min Male 8,720
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 36 min British and Proud 5,078
BBM Pins UK 2015 47 min only girls 448
Any Gay or Bisexual teens in Leeds, Yorkshire U... (Nov '13) 48 min huds_twink 308
crossdresser bbm pins??? (Jun '14) 1 hr sissy 80
skype sex (Mar '14) 2 hr vquinten 1,302
More from around the web