Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 615)

Showing posts 12,281 - 12,300 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I deny leprechauns?....
I take it you don't really believe in leprechauns. Sarcasm doesn't suit you and let's both drop the anagonism. The disgust many feel for your silly views is clear enough.

http://www.godchecker.com/
It seems fairly obvious to a disinterested observer that religion is usually parent-given. One must accept it isn't god-given unless one is foolish enough to believe that an all-knowing "creator" communicated with us through one the many and varied prophets of the past and then left us to guess which one, using only the various "good books". Presumably an entity worth "worshiping" isn't that stupid, though why anyone would worship anything in a modern era is a question in itself, even if there were a god(s).

So, given all the various religions, how do you know your father gave you the "correct" one?

How carefully did he really question it himself? Did he examine all the deities in Godchecker and give them equal credence, or might he have been biased towards Islam due to the geographical, chronological and social context of his birth and life?

What would have happened if he had told you it was all nonsense?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Why are there no muslims in Fireball XL-5?
Because it's in the future.
<quoted text>
You are showing your age.

BTW I have the full set.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Muck does not have a full set.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You are showing your age.
BTW I have the full set.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Where was a leprechaun in the Harry Potter films?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I deny leprechauns? I also saw them in Harry Potter movies, I also saw so many other creatures also. They looked so real, did they not?
Do you think they were pulling our legs? No. no how can they do it, they are honest and truthful people.!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

I have seen the moon and that is what Allah is right? And the stars are his daughters yes? Why the moon and star are still the symbol for Islam and Allah to this day as it was in ancient times where Allah was the moon god.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come from Creator we shifted to Muslims?
Did you have the mental relapse?
Your hangover finished?
You realized your stupidity that this Universe cannot come into existence, without Plan, Design, purpose and Creator behind it?
That is good, what is your next question, please?
So the photo is after all a dummy? is it?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
How come from Creator we shifted to Muslims?
Because, among other stupid things, the creator of the universe wants you to wipe your arse with your left hand and that's what Muslims do.
MUQ wrote:
You realized your stupidity that this Universe cannot come into existence, without Plan, Design, purpose and Creator behind it?
The stupidity is yours: You're the one who invents an imaginary creator

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Why are there no muslims in Fireball XL-5?
Because it's in the future.
<quoted text>
Lol

I guess we're all going to be a whole lot smarter in the future.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
I am so happy each year another church or two close in my area. By time my grand kids are my age I hope for most part religion is dead....Religion and god figures are mankinds worst invention.
I too wish that to happen, but just a few minutes ago, my son told me that it will never happen, because there are just too many weak ass people on the planet who will not do one iota of thinking more than what it takes to get their instant gratification "Jones" satisfied.

They will not re-think anything, the god, the bible, their religion, any of it. And unless man can come up with a P. T. Barnum type of god, who totally satisfies their prime time entertainment needs along with being their mental and emotional crutch, they will continue do what they are doing now.

And that is a mandatory attendance on Easter Sunday, and for any relatives child's Baptism, and the occasional funeral, and maybe one/two weeks of actual paying their tithes per year. That is, if they remember at all. Their Christianity will sustain itself on those sparse pickings and they will make children learn to say grace, and claim themselves Christian and then launch virulent attacks on any one who would disagree with their version of the gods, or who isn't as good a Christain as they are.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Maybe Muck could, at a push, aspire to be a Lazoon.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I guess we're all going to be a whole lot smarter in the future.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you go and see a mental doctor....and tell him your problem is "you see no difference between God and leprechauns".
he will smile and head you off into the "right" padded cell!!
It is hangover which comes after drinking too much beer!!
We would hardly go to see a doctor for that, because it is not a problem, and we'd not see a doctor who was mental, it seems he would have problems of his own, and might be the one to need a psychiatrist. If he truly believes in a god or a leprechaun, then it is a sure thing, he does need to see a doctor.

Is there a law in a real place where one could be locked up for not caring what the differences are in silly make believe critters like gods and leprechauns? Like for instance should you be arrested and imprisoned for not believing in the gods of my forefathers? Would the Scottish peoples understand your problem of not revering the leprechauns?

As I reject the leprechauns as not concrete beings, I also reject all gods as being no more real than the leprechauns. And since neither is real, neither is considered more than an entertainment, for some of you loons and a weapon for others.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what a "dumb" person will say.
I see a "car" that exist, why should I care who made it?
I will use it and say "No one created it".
A "reasonable" person would say "I do not know who created it, but it must have been created by some one". I would like to meet the Creator.
You choose, you are dumb or reasonable?
It is your choice, not mine!!
I am going to show even you, how stupid you really are.

You wrote that a dumb person would say >> "I see a "car" that exist, why should I care who made it?". So with you being the only one who has ever said it, tell me dumb ass do you care who made the cars that you have seen? Does it make any difference who made them?

Ok, now why would anyone say that >> " No one created it"? Again you are the only one who has ever said that, so I am asking your dumass why you would say such a dumb thing? We reasonable people, can clearly see it was created and we know that it's creator's are the employees of the manufacturing firm, and as to needing to meet those women and men who pushed the buttons that started the machines that put the car's pieces together, well you head your dumb ass on down to the factory, and we will just drive our cars.

Damn you religitards are dense. It almost seems that you are saying that we should see proof of a god, before believing in it, but you wouldn't ever say anything that reasonable now would you?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
PS:
All these "little exchanges" prove how little thinking powers you "mental giants" have.
Thinking your assumptions are "facts".... this is the disease that Allah says in Quran "they only follow their conjectures and their desires...they have no knowledge"
That is what paper Allah said, and it makes no sense, because we all follow our own conjectures, it is how we manage to not fall over the cliffs.

One person sees that someone else went over the cliff and did not come back, that person tells all, and we all follow our own conjectures and we don't go over the cliffs.

We follow someone else's desires and we are doing for them , not ourselves. I desire chocolate cake, but my desires are not to be followed, right? Maybe I should follow someone else's desires? Oh I think not, that freak might want to thigh my child.

There is no proof of your papaer god at all, but we have proof right here on these threads, that prove you to be a mental midget.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That is what paper Allah said, and it makes no sense, because we all follow our own conjectures, it is how we manage to not fall over the cliffs.
One person sees that someone else went over the cliff and did not come back, that person tells all, and we all follow our own conjectures and we don't go over the cliffs.
We follow someone else's desires and we are doing for them , not ourselves. I desire chocolate cake, but my desires are not to be followed, right? Maybe I should follow someone else's desires? Oh I think not, that freak might want to thigh my child.
There is no proof of your papaer god at all, but we have proof right here on these threads, that prove you to be a mental midget.
You'll never ever convince him. stop trying; think of your blood pressure, the idiot isn't worth the effort typing.Point him in the right direction and he's looking over his shoulder hoping there's no-one shadowing him.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, among other stupid things, the creator of the universe wants you to wipe your arse with your left hand and that's what Muslims do.
<quoted text>
The stupidity is yours: You're the one who invents an imaginary creator
Still having that hangover? Why you did not go that doctor?

Want to stay dumb?

By the way, did you try to write with both hands?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>You'll never ever convince him. stop trying; think of your blood pressure, the idiot isn't worth the effort typing.Point him in the right direction and he's looking over his shoulder hoping there's no-one shadowing him.
It's not for him, it is too late for him. He is lost to humanity, there is only the animal carcass left of him, which will inflict as much hurt on others, as those around him allow. My words are for the lurkers, people who might be considering joining his demented mind f@ck of a religion. They are the ones who just might step away, before they are strapped into the bomb laden harnesses.

In my case, I think that posting to topix could only be considered beneficial, health-wise.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to stay dumb?
There was no hangover, you are a liar.

Your typing did not create a doctor, so there was none, except in your mind.

We all type with both hands, we use toilet paper covering our predominate hand, to wipe our backsides, and we wash our hands, and we wash them well.
omg my horse is gay

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Help my horse is gay! How do I exorcise the homo spirits that possess him? Or is there no option left but turn him into meatballs?
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

In the UK we can have an alcoholic drink without getting hungover.

In the UK we can drink with women without raping them.

In the UK we don't cut the pissflaps out of little girls.

It sure sucks to be you, muslim.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to stay dumb?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
In the UK we can have an alcoholic drink without getting hungover.
In the UK we can drink with women without raping them.
In the UK we don't cut the pissflaps out of little girls.
It sure sucks to be you, muslim.
<quoted text>
LOL I never understood why some of these Muslims have such hostility towards women when their mothers are women. Strange.
Heckler

Lakeside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The Catholic religion is the last great Pagan religion. Where people still worship wooden crosses, statues, paintings, and anything that resembles the illusion they have as to how God looks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,281 - 12,300 of21,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the United Kingdom Forum right now

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 59 min Space ace 77
bi or les girls bbm pin swap (Mar '13) 1 hr girls only 74
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 1 hr add up 11,338
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr Steven 4,587
crossdresser bbm pins??? 2 hr add me up 16
Adult Dating in the UK 2 hr Brent 17
dirty pics and chat-gay bbm pins!! 6 hr DEshawn 34
skype sex 14 hr xrogerx6 344
•••