Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#11619 Jan 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not address religion. Science works with objective, verifiable evidence. They make educated guesses sometimes and continue to look for proof/refutation.
It's people who try to pit science against religion when there is no need. The Bible has many errors that have been scientifically discarded, but for the people of that day and time it's to be expected.
Now, if you take the Bible as God's inerrant word, yes, there are going to be problems. If you take the Bible as man's best interpretation of what some deity might have revealed to them, then the errors fall back in place as understandable mistakes.
As a history of the place and time, it has it's points of interest.
The bible as a fairy tale for educated grown ups may be tolerable, in the non bible belt. For uneducated ones it is a danger and like a cancer!
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#11620 Jan 31, 2013
Nuclear power kills less than Siemens windturbines.[hint- check deaths due to manufacture of steel plus the tonnage of steel required per GW of wind power]
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I would be wrong about a nuclear catastrophe, but the nuclear desasters in Three Miles, Tschernobyl, Fukushima and so on are forcing the conclusion of a human extermination already. Capitalism is hostile to humanity!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#11621 Jan 31, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Humanity does that without religion. The western world would have never risen to its pre eminent level with an easier life then most in the world without Christianity. The elitists gearing for world government have done their job and the religion has been decimated. Even with the flaws. Now government is replacing the void and the tyranny of the police state will rear its ugly head and make wha tyou wrote look like a walk in the park. People can be ignorant. And that is all people.
From the Stone age, slave owner society, Feudalism, capitalism and so on the exploiting classes have had their hands on the masses for exploitation. Now in the nuclear age the extermination of the humanity is quite sure by the capitalists. They are not any longer be able to rule the world. Their system has made them blind, since there is no way out of radiation. we don`t even have a simple war, but capitalism cannot exist without even that.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#11622 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an inherent conflict with the thinking behind each one.
Science is the process of using reason and evidence to determine knowledge.
Religion is the process of claiming knowledge and ignoring all reason and evidence which contradicts it.
So religion in the nuclear age has become a minor problem. This is the dead end for our existence. Capitalism is not able to solve it for humanity!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#11623 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh!
Here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/richa...
And here
http://realtruth.org/articles/070601-006-teog...
And here
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazine/j11/gos...
And here
http://scientificproofofgod.net/
And if I knew how to post the YouTube videos on here I would post those too.
You are free to choose to believe whatever you want, but don't say the proof isn't there. Because it is.
Now can someone PLEASE answer my teeny tiny little question: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
Seems to me the atomic devastation will loose it by the exterminatiion of humanity.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11624 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh!
Here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/richa...
And here
http://realtruth.org/articles/070601-006-teog...
And here
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazine/j11/gos...
And here
http://scientificproofofgod.net/
And if I knew how to post the YouTube videos on here I would post those too.
You are free to choose to believe whatever you want, but don't say the proof isn't there. Because it is.
Now can someone PLEASE answer my teeny tiny little question: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
I have yet to read utter rubbish that comes within light years of the above offering.(relatively speaking) Opinions are NOT indisputable fact. As I understand the meaning of the 'most famous equation in scientific history,' is to show that MASS is a (ONE) form of energy. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LIKE the three above SUGGESTIONS. Back to the drawing-board, aye wot? Or Google!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11625 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! So much violence and aggression! Wow. I'm not a hypocrite as I know what I believe and why I believe it and I don't engage in the same behaviors I condemn others for. In fact, I don't condemn anyone at all. I just asked a simple question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that God is not real? Seriously! So much violence over one little question.
Also, having a c*nt doesn't mean that I am one.:)
Being a personality doesn't mean you have any.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#11626 Jan 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no thing scientific about the concept of god.
True. The ultimate, unqualified mystery of the universe is beyond science because it is beyond human comprehension. Apparently you haven't figured that out yet.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#11627 Jan 31, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The ultimate, unqualified mystery of the universe is beyond science because it is beyond human comprehension. Apparently you haven't figured that out yet.
Yet, you pretend you do comprehend it, all theists do.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11628 Jan 31, 2013
Attention all atheists: Scientific evidence does exist proving the existence of God.(look for my postings on other threads. Look it up elsewhere. I won't repeat myself) However you cannot answer this one simple question: What evidence or proof do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist? You can't prove it. There is no evidence. Therefore your entire belief in the absence of God is based on lies instead of evidence. Your belief is FALSE. Case closed. End of story.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#11629 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Attention all atheists: Scientific evidence does exist proving the existence of God.(look for my postings on other threads. Look it up elsewhere. I won't repeat myself) However you cannot answer this one simple question: What evidence or proof do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist? You can't prove it. There is no evidence. Therefore your entire belief in the absence of God is based on lies instead of evidence. Your belief is FALSE. Case closed. End of story.
Since we don't have a belief in a god, your whole point fails. Stop trying to rewrite things you know nothing of.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11630 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Attention all atheists: Scientific evidence does exist proving the existence of God.(look for my postings on other threads. Look it up elsewhere. I won't repeat myself)
Get out of here with this laziness. The evidence I've seen you provide so far in this thread has been garbage (Noah's Ark). Why should I scour Topix for other threads you've been in when your posts there likely have the same junk?
01Justsayin wrote:
However you cannot answer this one simple question: What evidence or proof do you have to support your BELIEF that God does not exist?
Don't need any. The lack of evidence for the extraordinary claim is sufficient to reject it.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#11631 Jan 31, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ressources" are of course never "godgiven".
They don't come from science.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#11632 Jan 31, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
A "miracle" very often is just a not detected process. Only the religion is fast to use this for their purposes!
Neither is God detected by science but this doesn't make miracles any less a reality.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#11633 Jan 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an inherent conflict with the thinking behind each one.
Science is the process of using reason and evidence to determine knowledge.
Religion is the process of claiming knowledge and ignoring all reason and evidence which contradicts it.
Here that is flow-charted.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YPojM4XO3dE/UE3_UXE...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11634 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Since we don't have a belief in a god, your whole point fails. Stop trying to rewrite things you know nothing of.
You're the ignorant one. Atheism- the theory or BELIEF that God does not exist. You contradict yourself.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#11635 Jan 31, 2013
Modern man sees himself at the top of a natural hierachy and his place in the order of creation as a dominator and conqueror. "If some stuff will make you happy, then twice as much stuff will make you twice as happy." This myth has become a core belief in the cultures of America, much of Europe and most of the developing world with disastrous results.

Without respect for all living things, without the capacity to live in harmony with the natural world, we have brought ourselves to the brink of extinction. We must, as a culture, rediscover where the point of enough IS materially...why destroying life in our quest for enough is counterproductive. The continual glorification of killing through nationalism and media and dominant cultural beliefs only guarantees more pain and human suffering. Turn off your cell phones and game boxes and take a walk among the trees. Thank them for providing protection, security and life giving resources. This simple act of acknowledgement and gratitude if done daily, will do more to engender a reverence for living things than all of the philosophical, religious and scientific theorizing combined. Man cannot exist without Nature. Do this simple act as if your survival depends on it, because it does.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11636 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Even a child knows you can't prove a negative. Did you even go to school?

One doesn't have to prove something DOESN'T exist, one has to prove something DOES exist.

There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#11637 Jan 31, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
LOL! Pigeon Chess!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#11638 Jan 31, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The western world would have never risen to its pre eminent level with an easier life then most in the world without Christianity.
"I attack this book because it is the enemy of human liberty -- the greatest obstruction across the highway of human progress." - Robert Green Ingersoll

“We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake.”- Catherine Fahringer

"Religion prevents our children from having a rational education; religion prevents us from removing the fundamental causes of war; religion prevents us from teaching the ethic of scientific cooperation in place of the old fierce doctrines of sin and punishment. It is possible that mankind is on the threshold of a golden age; but, if so, it will be necessary first to slay the dragon that guards the door, and this dragon is religion." - Bertrand Russell

What has Christianity given the world of value?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 21 min shymike 17,467
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 49 min Lewis Hamilton 4,347
Looking for horny chats, BOYS ONLY 07875726688 (Feb '13) 1 hr raj 6
now its the PLAGUE! 1 hr uklad uksuckslol 2
Any Gay or Bisexual teens in Leeds, Yorkshire U... (Nov '13) 1 hr stuart 201
29E52D8D any girls wanna have a threesome in Lo... 2 hr alana_20 1
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 2 hr danny wolverhampt... 7,496
skype sex (Mar '14) 3 hr Saltyboiiiii 1,022
How come British cars are so bad? (Jan '11) 4 hr ChristineM 1,813

United Kingdom People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE