Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
8,741 - 8,760 of 21,483 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Kristina Herrbolt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I thought that was the transgender thread where you usually operate.
So, you mother taught you to lie and to steal/?
If you're going to imitate me, you need to learn to type better.
Kristina Herrbolt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to imitate me, you need to learn to type better.
So, did you manage to raise enough funds to finance that sex change operation you were talking about?
Kristina Herrbolt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to imitate me,.
Who says I wish to imitate you?
God forbids, that's the last of my worries!
I don't call myself KittyKoder.
Kristina Herrbolt is my "nom de plume", you see.
Don't you like it?
I have seen it somewhere else. Can't remember where ...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Kristina Herrbolt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, did you manage to raise enough funds to finance that sex change operation you were talking about?
Now you are just making things up. Gah, I troll better than you do, you should stop imitating me.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
That's funny. lol

01. You are obviously an intelligent person. Good at apologetics.

But also brainwashed. I guess from childhood.

Its very difficult to break a lifetime of brainwashing. Some people never do it.

02. The reason you think Muhammad was such a great guy is cause this is what you have been taught.

03. If you were born in Hicksville, in the US, you would be waxing lyrical about how wonderful Jesus is.

04. You need to evaluate whether your beliefs are rational and the evidence for and against supports those beliefs.

05. For those of us outside the muslim bubble this is very easy. We hear Muhammad having a 6 yo wife, and stories of alleged miracles. And to us its obviously a fairy tale.

06. Likewise some of here were programmed into christian beliefs. To you this is stupid, and it is. But it can take time to shake off these beliefs.

Good luck.
Ans.

01. It is strange you think I am intelligent, the “general opinion” on the thread is that I am a “born idiot”.

And the “general opinion” on the thread is that I am a Fundamentalist and an Extremist, now you say I am an Apologist, do you think I have as split personality?

02. May be I was taught all along that our prophet was a Great guy….. but who taught the Encyclopaedia Britannica guy to rate Our Prophet as “The Most successful of all religious personalities?

And who brainwashed Michel H. Hart to rate as our prophet as Number One in the list of “Most Influential Person of all Time”?

The problem is that when you fix a standard of greatness and then analyze different personalities, you learn who is greatest and who is greater and who is great and who is overrated etc.

03. Those guys at Hicksville might be treated as persons who did not have exposure to the world. And by the way we also sing lyrics about how wonderful Jesus was.

He was one of the greatest messengers of God, a True Prophet of God, born of Virgin Mary, showed many signs and miracles and taken up bodily into heavens, from where he shall descend near the Close of Times.

Ask any Christian do they know as much about our prophet?

04. If our beliefs are irrational, then you have every right to criticise them, but without giving any logic or proof, your summary statement is untenable.

05. Why only outside Muslim world, in Muslim world also we “hear” the news about our prophet having a 6years old wife. Just hearing the new will not make it true though. You have to look into the news and try to find the truth!!

To us also has reached the alleged miracles of Moses, Jesus, all earlier prophets and our prophets also. I do not consider them as fairy tales.

Obviously you do not know what is a fairy tale and what is a Miracle or sign shown at the hands of True Prophets and Messengers of God, the Creator of this Universe.

06. You are right people are brain washed into the religion of their parents and it is not easy to shake off those beliefs.

But it is not impossible to shake them off (and you are living proof of that, I hope your parents were having Christian back ground).

Those who try to look sincerely, find the true path. Those who are “lazy enough” to tread the path of their parents or just deny every thing, do not find the way.

The same thing happens to every other walk of life in this world.

Good luck to you also, but I still feel that you are taking a Big Gamble (not Pascal’s Gamble, mind you, real Gamble) with your precious life.

This is a brotherly advice from one Human to another Human brother.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be that no one agrees with you MUG. LOL
When Jesus could one only Twelve Disciples out of whole nation of Isreal.... and majority of people rejected his message....who was the winner?

Jesus or the majority of people?

And since when "Popular Support" has become standard for Truth and Falsehood?

I think your belief of too much in your Democratic System has lead you astray. You think if majority of people like or favor some idea, it becomes true.

Truth ALWAYS is in minority in the world, so if majority of people are against me, I know I must be on right path!!

Thanks once again for your support!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-45A

The Case of : ABDULLAH (DUL BAJADAIN)

He was a young lad, whose father died when he was quite young.. His uncle took care of him and provided him with camels and other items of daily life, to improve his lot.

Abdullah heard about Islam when he was very young, he was afraid of his uncle and was hoping that he would become Muslim sooner or later. When prophet conquered Makkah and still his uncle did not accept Islam, he went to his uncle and told “I was waiting all these years, hoping that you would accept Islam, but it seems you have no interest in it, but I want to accept Islam”

‘If you want to become Muslim you will have to forgo all your wealth including clothes on your body” his uncle told harshly.

Abdullah immediately renounce all his wealth and dress on his body and went to his mother, naked and told that he has left all his wealth and he want to go to Madina to become Muslim. His mother gave him one blanket, which he cut in two pieces and wrapped around his torso and his shoulder and went to Madina.

He reached Madina during night and went to Prophet’s mosque and waited for prophet to emerge. Prophet saw him after morning prayer and asked his story, Abdullah told his full story, prophet was very much impressed by his sincerity and his faith. He accepted Islam and prophet gave him nickname DUL BAJADAIN which means “One with two blankets”.

Abdullah joined the group of SUFFA and started his learning of Quran and Islamic way of life. Shortly afterward Battle of Tabuk took place. DUL BAJADAIN went to prophet and said “O Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that I receive martyrdom in this battle”

Prophet asked him to bring the bark of a tree to him. When he came with the bark, prophet tied it on his arm as an arm band and said “O Allah! I prohibit that any Non believer should shed his blood”

DUL BAJADAIN said “I wanted martyrdom, but you have said a thing totally opposite” Prophet replied “If you go forward in way of Allah and you die due to any cause, you are a martyr”

When the army reached Tabuk, DUL BAJADAIN was inflicted with high fever and he died after a brief illness. He was buried during night, with Bilal holding the torch, and Abu Bakr and Omar were lowering him in the grave and prophet was sitting near the grave giving instruction.

When the body was lowered in the grave, prophet prayed “O Allah! I was happy with him till this evening, you also become happy with him”

IBN MASOOD wished,“Oh would I have been in this grave”.

Such was the strange story of Abdullah i.e. DUL BAJADAIN victim of Prophet’ and Islam’ love.

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Dubbadub.
It has been pointed to me that most of the so-called atheists on this thread, in fact know each other and belong to the same circle of atheists.
Nothing wron in that, of course, but they gather force to drum up their " beliefs" and drown out anyone remotely believer or agnostic, or just doubtful on this thread.
KittenKodder, Gimemeliberty and a few other are in fact using this as a propagation tool.
I thought it look suspociouis that no discussion was possible, just endocrination.
Never mind. Just another example of cyber terrorism.
How many times? Atheists don't have any beliefs in the sense that you (or Mitt Romney) have beliefs.

I simply note that you genuinely and demonstrably cannot see the difference in belief in pixies and disbelief in them. You treat each 'belief' as of equal merit.

Dubbadub says he thinks that Romney isn't stupid and Prof Dawkins was wrong to say he was, but perhaps Dubbadub misunderstood. I have only ever heard Prof Dawkins attack someone's beliefs, not their person. And if Mormonism isn't stupid, what is?...
http://whatmormonsbelieve.org/
Just because someone with much money who lives in the USA can keep it, doesn't mean that none of their beliefs are stupi, nor that certain of their beliefs aren't superstitious. In my opinion, they certainly seem to be.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Btw, I'm unsure what Rio means by 'know each other'. (I haven't had time to read all of every post). I for one have never met anyone from Topix. I only know them from meeting them here, like I have met you, Rio.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. It is strange you think I am intelligent, the “general opinion” on the thread is that I am a “born idiot”.
Not really.
People talk of intelligence as something people either have, or they lack. It isn't that simple. Some people can function very well in society, have positive relationships and hold down a good job. They can still be superstitious and incredibly ignorant in some respects.

In a sense, there are different kinds of intelligence. The guy who fixes my car can do it far faster and better than I can (sadly:-), but I bet he couldn't get my exam results -(perhaps even in an exam on motor mechanics?) Clearly,(when compared with each other), he is clever when it comes to motor mechanics and I am clever at exams.

You, Muq, apparently cannot understand why a 14 year old shouldn't be shot in the head when she is going to school. At least you still haven't specifically condemned the shooting of Malala,(or did I miss that?)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldclass/20394024
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
Btw, I'm unsure what Rio means by 'know each other'.(I haven't had time to read all of every post). I for one have never met anyone from Topix. I only know them from meeting them here, like I have met you, Rio.
There are other parallel forums existing where people with the same ideas/persuasion/religion get to know each other, exchange ideas, etc... For example there are Atheist forums.
Some participants then decide to burst in group into open forums like Topix to hammer their message, shut up any dissent, drum up recruits, etc... and basically take ownership of it.
Gays and lesbians have done it for years, so the pro-Israel lobby, etc...
You can feel it when you enter some threads, which have been completely penetrated by these activists. There is no chance of exchanging opinion. For example one of your posts receives suddenly several antagonistic replies all at once. Or the tone deteriorate if you don't agree, etc... The trolling begins, etc...
Any thread about immigration, Islam, the police, etc... suffers from that activism from the right-wing fringe, or anarchists, depending.
It seems that this thread about Atheism v. Religion falls in the "hijacked" category.
Fine with me. I just move on ...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other parallel forums existing where people with the same ideas/persuasion/religion get to know each other, exchange ideas, etc... For example there are Atheist forums.
Some participants then decide to burst in group into open forums like Topix to hammer their message, shut up any dissent, drum up recruits, etc... and basically take ownership of it.
Gays and lesbians have done it for years, so the pro-Israel lobby, etc...
You can feel it when you enter some threads, which have been completely penetrated by these activists. There is no chance of exchanging opinion. For example one of your posts receives suddenly several antagonistic replies all at once. Or the tone deteriorate if you don't agree, etc... The trolling begins, etc...
Any thread about immigration, Islam, the police, etc... suffers from that activism from the right-wing fringe, or anarchists, depending.
It seems that this thread about Atheism v. Religion falls in the "hijacked" category.
Fine with me. I just move on ...
What is it with religious people buying into conspiracy theories? Seriously, you'll buy into anything as long as there is no solid evidence supporting it.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do that and let you and your like enjoy your self-appreciating atheist sociey in peace.
You just confirmed one thing: atheists are more fanatical than ANY believers, including fundamentalist Muslims probably.
I'm fanatical because you don't play well with the other children??????? Get real.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Thanks for you input on intelligence and its various types. So according to you Morons and Idiots and Stupid could have intelligence in their own ways.
Makes a lot of sense!!
02. And why you bracket me with the people who shot that 14 year old girl in Pakistan?
From where you "derived" that I supported or commended those who attacked her?
May be you are using your intelligence in the wrong channels.
Or you are in fact a Moron, or an Idiot or a Stupid and pretending to be intelligent?
Says the person who spammed this forum with out dated pseduo religious propoganda for the whole year...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who spammed this forum with out dated pseduo religious propoganda for the whole year...
02. And why you bracket me with the people who shot that 14 year old girl inPakistan?
It will never show your intelligence in a favourable light whilst on each and every occasion your opinion regarding the attempted murder by your peers of a child on a school bus has been met with a deafening silence. I’ll wager that you have been approached to state your position nearer twenty times than ten times. Take control of your life and cease being a rabbit in headlights on the issue. For your enemies to slit your throat, they have to first find you. THIS is the reward for being a humble servant to your god? I’m a devout atheist, and look upon religiously gagged followers of a religion the likes of yours with grave pity. Life IS (too) short, get one.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

atheist or believer makes no difference just people with diffenernt opinions at the end of the day its the subject of debate that causes all the problems
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-46

The Case of Social boycott of KA’B BIN MALIK:

The case of KA’B BIN MALIK and his repentance, if not unique, is extremely rare to find in the annals of religious history of the world. There are important lessons in it for both Muslims and Non Muslims. We are fortunate that KA’B BIN MALIK has himself narrated this incident.

Before we present excerpts from that, I would like to clarify the situation of this Compaign and its criticality for the survival of Nascent Islamic state of Madina.

A. Time period of Tabuk Compaign:

1. This happened in the year 10 H, the year before last year of Prophet’s life. By that Time, Makkah had been conquered and most people of Arabia had entered into Islam.

2. Tribes which had not became Muslim, accepted the authority of Muslims and made treaties of obedience with the prophet. For perhaps the first time in the history of Arabia, whole country was joined under the rule of one authority.

3. There was internal peace in Arabia, but adjoining the Land of Arabia, there were two vast empires of Persia and Byzantine.

4. When Arabs were divided into tribes and clans and fought with each other, these two empires did not give any importance to Arabia or Arabs. But ever since the mission of prophet started and specially after his migration to Madina and Islamic state getting stronger day by day, caused some anxiety in these neighboring superpowers.

5. In the year 6 AH, Prophet sent letters to the rulers of Persia and Byzantine and addressing them on equal terms and asking them “Accept Islam and you will save yourself”. This was “Too much a jolt” to these rulers who never expected an Arab to address them like that!!

6. Persian ruler, sent communiqué to his Governor in Yemen to arrest “this prophet” and send him to Persia. But before the decree could be enforced, he was killed by his own son and the idea was forgotten.

7. Byzantine ruler on the other hand thought of invading Madina and finish this “emerging danger” before it could cause real harm. He started preparation to enlist services of a large army experienced in desert warfare to invade Madina and finish this chapter of Prophethood..

B. Prophet’s preparation for Tabuk Expedition:

1. Prophet had his informers all around Arabia who used to inform him about what was being planned, so the information of a large Byzantine Army to invade Madina reached prophet well in time.

2. In a most prudent and brave decision, prophet thought it fit to take the battles to Byzantine themselves. He decided to march to border town of Tabuk and prevent enemies of Islam into invading Islamic lands.

3. Since this was a real fight against a Superpower of that time, prophet sent open invitation to every one to join in this expedition. It became a test of faith to join this compaign. No one but a known Hypocrite or invalid excused himself from joining this compaign.

4. It was a harsh time for outside compaign, the heat wave was at peak, Harvest time for dates was very close, the distance was more than 800 KM and the enemy was Byzantine Empire. It was a supreme test of faith, patience and perseverance.

5. To cut a long story short, prophet left with an army of 30,000 of Muslims to Tabuk. He reached and waited there but, he found out that the news of Byzantine invasion was not true (or the enemy did not think it fit to confront Muslims at this time).

6. Prophet and Muslims returned to Madina safe and unharmed and every one in the neighboring land was amazed at the daring of Prophet (that within 20 years after this event, Muslims captured the most of empires of Persia and Byzantine is another story).

Now back to our story of KA’B BIN MALIK in his own words:(abridged and translated into English)

(Contd)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

KA’B BIN MALIK narrates :

Back Ground:

1. I was one of the earliest converts to Islam from Madina and I always accompanied the prophet during his various campaigns.

2. I only missed the Battle of Badr, because it was not clear when prophet left Madina that he is going to fight Makkan army. It was thought that prophet’s target is the Caravan of QURAISH….

3. When the time of Tabuk expedition came, I was very comfortable physically and financially. I had two well fed she camels, ready for journey and I also had horses.

4. It was only lethargy on my part that prevented me from going along side the prophet. I thought that let me stay for a few days and then I would move and catch the prophet en route.

5. The days changed into weeks and I could only find, old and aged people and those who were known hypocrites living in Madina.

6. I was feeling shame, but now there was no way in which I could catch the prophet en route. I waited for prophet’s return.

Prophet’ return:

7. Prophet returned from the expedition, and as was his custom, he stayed in Mosque and those who left behind came and presented their excuses. All hypocrites came forwarded and said their excuses and prophet pardoned them and said nothing.

8. I also came forward and told the prophet “I can also make excuses, but I know that Allah will bring my lies in the open, so I confess that I have no excuse whatsoever. I ask forgiveness from Allah for my mistake”

9. Prophet said “You have spoken the truth, now go back to your home and wait for Allah’ decision”

10. I was told that two other Muslims had told the same thing as me and were also given orders to go home and wait for Allah’ forgiveness.

Boycott Begins:

11. Prophet gave instructions that No Muslim was to speak to us or deal with us in any matter. In one instance we became the outcast of the land.

12. My other two fellows took to their houses and spent their time in weeping and praying to Allah. I was strong and I used to go to prophet’s mosque, pray with him and see his reactions. I found that when I looked at him, he did not look at me. But when I was looking elsewhere, he would look at me.

13. My life became miserable. At the end of thirty days, prophet sent me a word to send my wife to her parents. I asked if I was to divorce her, the answer came “No, but stay away from her”.

14. At the end of 40 days, I found a trader from Syria , looking for me in market place. He gave me a letter from Christian ruler, sympathizing with me and asking me to come to them and I would be most welcome.

15. I wept and burned the letter and cried to Allah that my disgrace has reached so far away.

End of Boycott:

16. It was after 50 days that our trial ended. Allah accepted our repentance and revealed verses pardoning us.

17. I went to prophet, his face was shining, and he congratulated me on my faith and perseverance and recited the verses to me. I wanted to donate my whole wealth, but prophet asked me to give away only 1/3rd in charity. I thank Allah and his messenger for saving me from this trial.

Quranic verses revealed on this occasion are”(He turned in mercy also) to the three who were left behind:(they felt guilty) to such a degree that the earth seemed constrained to them, for all its spaciousness, and their (very)souls seemed straitened to them: and they perceived that there is no fleeing from Allah (and no refuge) but to Himself, then He turned to them, that they might repent: for Allah if oft-forgiving Most Merciful”(9:118)

What an strange and marvelous story!!

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
I hope so.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Yes he married her when she was 6 even though her Father objected and then he waited 3 years for her to be 9 before raping her err I mean having intercourse with her.

So what is your objection again? The Quran clearly says Muslim men can marry and have sex with preteen little girls.

Just accept it
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Our prophet’s marriage with Lady Aiyesha:
a. I did not deny our Prophet's marriage with Lady Aiyesha. That uncouth person said “It is mentioned in Quran that our prophet had sex with a 9 year old girl”. I only asked where it is mentioned in the Quran.
When you say something, you should know what you are saying.
b. As regards our prophet’s marriage with lady Aiyesha, there was nothing objectionable in it. It was performed with full approval of her parents, and no one in the contemporary society made any objection to it.
c. he marriage was consummated when lady Aiyesha had reached the age of marriage. There was a three years waiting period so that she could attain that age.
d. And the marriage benefited Lady Aiyesha much more than it benefited our prophet. She became one of the Most Learned Muslim women, because of her close association with the prophet and is universally respected and revered in the whole Islamic nation.
e. Her “modern day supporters” have nothing to help her position or honor. They find it written that “her age was 9 years”…. That is enough for them to start their vilification compaign against our prophet.
Their aim is not to understand the position, but to get any thing to malign the personal character of our prophet, who was the “Noblest Soul that ever lived on this earth”
(Contd.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 4 min ely 5,538
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 7 min ely 13,355
Gay BBM group chat 7 min Bi and lovin it 118
We Polish are superior to you white Brit's 27 min mavis 14
older virgins 30 min mavis 6
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... 35 min Kantara2009 2,539
Hundreds caught by new speed camera 59 min hinamanu 1
skype sex 3 hr horhyboy1234 544

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
•••