Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Rio.As for your"American intellectuals".We are a free country and people are allowed to hold political views counter to American ideology.The founding fathers were influenced by French and English philosophers such as Rousseau,Locke,and Mill.Your point?
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Rio.You didn't answer my question.If Russia is a "model"country" then why are you living in the West?Putin has an sterling record on democracy.LOL
I am British, and I live in Britain.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio.You are the"West"in Russian eyes.Duh!
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Rio.As for your"American intellectuals".We are a free country and people are allowed to hold political views counter to American ideology.The founding fathers were influenced by French and English philosophers such as Rousseau,Locke,and Mill.Your point?
Many present-day US intellectuals deplore the erosion of freedom in the USA, and the devotion of successive governments (Democrat and Republicans) to corporate lobbies and security services.

Individual liberties are regressing to make room to "Big Brother" controling more an more the lives of ordinary Americans.

The threat of terrorism has been used as an excuse to push Congress to vote the Patriot Act and subsequent measures to spy on Americans and control the population. The USA are the country that systematically collects data on its citizen under various pretexts. Any opposition, any dissent is immediatly stamped out by the administration which goes to geat length to maintain control.

Far from being the beacon of freedom they pretend to be, the USA are in fact becoming increasingly fascist under the the democratic varnish.

Recent administrations (even Democrat) have endorsed and pursued methods that are not too dissimilar to the Soviet Union, China or North Korea. Witchunts against the recent whisttleblowers are an indication that far from examining its practice the US government is in fact defending them, although they are completely undemocratic in essence.

The USA make Russia looks good now! LOL
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio."Russia doesn't spend as much resources as the US to spy on it's own citizens"Post 309.Russia,like other countries,does not reveal it's intel gathering methods.Unless a Russian Snowden steps forward,your statement is merely conjecture.
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Rio.You are the"West"in Russian eyes.Duh!
Even Russians can make a difference between a pro-Russian Brit and an pro-American syncophant from Britain.

They know perfectly well that some Brits are anti-NATO, anti US missiles in Europe, etc...

They also differenciate between those who like their country and admire their culture, and those who criticise them all the time like you.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

america - land of the ignorant

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

home of the slave
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Rio."Russia doesn't spend as much resources as the US to spy on it's own citizens"Post 309.Russia,like other countries,does not reveal it's intel gathering methods.Unless a Russian Snowden steps forward,your statement is merely conjecture.
My statement is a pretty fair bet.

Just like Russia doesn't spend as much share of its budget on defense, it's predictable that they don't waste as much money collecting data on their citizen at the same scale.

Also, Russia doesn't pretend to be the leader of the free world, nor to "spread democracy" or to be the best in the class. The USA do and then are caught with their pants down as being a very undemocratic country.

Anyway, I like Russia and I dislike the USA, always have and always will.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio.You're trying to say that Russia doesn't have special interest groups competing for control of governmental policy.That problem has existed since"government" began.Com munism tried to address that through the party and dictatorship.Gov ernment achieves it's right to rule through public opinion.It's authority is exercised through economic and military power.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

down with the empire!
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio.Do you think the west gives a whit if a Euro-phoney,like yourself,plonks out the latest trendy,anti-western diatribe?Your hypocracy about Russia being the"model nation"is as laughable as your excuse for residing in Britain because your"British".LOL
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Rio.Do you think the west gives a whit if a Euro-phoney,like yourself,plonks out the latest trendy,anti-western diatribe?Your hypocracy about Russia being the"model nation"is as laughable as your excuse for residing in Britain because your"British".LOL
I never said that Russia was a model country, there is no such thing.

But I prefer Russia any day instead of the Useless Stasi of America and its values.

I don't need to live in Russia to like it; you are just a moron.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio.Putin has the worst human rights record since Soviet times.Your"liberalized Utopia"is the product of your imagination.It is often refered to as a"potential superpower".Economic power/military power are interconnected.You can't have a strong military unless you have a prosperous economy.Standing armies are expensive and draw resources out of a country's infrastructure.Russia can't afford to spread it's style of"democracy"anymore .
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio.Third world envy.Got ya!
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rio.You're completely blinkered!Even an ignoramus like you should realize the difference between a"tourist's"percepti on of a country and a citizen's reality of living in Russia.LOL
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Just a thought wrote:
Rio.Putin has the worst human rights record since Soviet times.Your"liberalized Utopia"is the product of your imagination.It is often refered to as a"potential superpower".Economic power/military power are interconnected.You can't have a strong military unless you have a prosperous economy.Standing armies are expensive and draw resources out of a country's infrastructure.Russia can't afford to spread it's style of"democracy"anymore .
You are wasting your time.
I like Russia for what it is, and dislike the USA.
I much prefer Putin than Obama, whatever you say.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Rio.Typical"Euro"ign oramus that thinks every American voted for and approves of Obama.LOL.Whether you like Putin and whether you visited Russia as a tourist has no bearing on Putin's human rights record and the plight of everyday Russians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••