What You Said - Barrymore Back on TV? After Michael Barrymore's...

AFTER Michael Barrymore's appearance on Celebrity Big Brother, Mirror.co.uk wanted to know your views on him making a TV comeback. Full Story
fortress

UK

#42316 Nov 21, 2012
you are the one's who have wrote your shite about me,go for a brain transplant and shut up yourselves,you are crazy and you pick on the strongest of people,because your weak,just be quiet yourselves,your sad people,i'm not you get that,you should be ashamed of yourselves,copying my posts and writing shite everywhere,as i said you've got nothing else better to do,shut the fook up yourselves,when things concern me,i will blast you.
fortress

UK

#42317 Nov 21, 2012
that's rubbish as well,she did want him at her funeral,oh you are such a liar,he's even visited her grave,how dare you lie,michael is down to earth,he's happy go lucky that's all,why not shut up,you think you know it all,in fact you don't.
fortress

UK

#42318 Nov 21, 2012
you talk rubbish,friends are,family are,nobodies interested in your shit when your facts about michael are wrong,some people know more than you,yeah bermondsey a rotton place is it,after you making a mock out of basildon,nobodies interestef in you and you don't owe me,nor am i fat,so as you can't see,there was no wobbly bits either,your just stupid and weak,and jealous so why not shut up yourselves,when it comes to me being fooking reducled by battleaxes like you i will come onto here,so stop your slandering remarks.i have friends unlike you who have each other,shall i say stalking friend.
fortress

London, UK

#42319 Nov 21, 2012
u know that they would never let me live in bermondsey as I am rotton and I was driven out of waldegrave by haters but never u mind zombies I am the great christine guntrip lover of mb and mj and you can shove your panties and your thongs on fire in your own nobrain battleaxes trolls dust bins. you mock basildon but I hve my 8 bedroom chalet next to the haywain where I work 386 days a year and you dont work and have no friends and are snobby toffboffs and haters and are banned from this site do you hear me??????
blately obvious

Harefield, UK

#42320 Nov 21, 2012
pathetic,i'll live where i like,grow up child,who really cares,as i'm fortunate anyway,thinking my status don't allow it,ha ha.we all live in the districts we can afford to live in.
blately obvious

Harefield, UK

#42321 Nov 21, 2012
sorry i'm an entertainer not anything else,got that.
blately obvious

Harefield, UK

#42322 Nov 21, 2012
and i was not driven out of waldegrave either,fact.i chose to move,so be quiet hater yourself.
fortress

Harefield, UK

#42323 Nov 21, 2012
huh,they have gone bye bye,ahh isn't it peaceful now?ahh na night,baa baa black sheep have you any wool,yes sir yes sir three bags full.how peaceful it is without their toddle,even bg is asleep.
marchant

Harefield, UK

#42324 Nov 21, 2012
fortress wrote:
huh,they have gone bye bye,ahh isn't it peaceful now?ahh na night,baa baa black sheep have you any wool,yes sir yes sir three bags full.how peaceful it is without their toddle,even bg is asleep.

Retchings that's all they are
Christine.
Bermondsey Girl

London, UK

#42325 Nov 21, 2012
Quote from the Telegraph
Specifically, she left instructions that her former husband - the person who had caused her so much anguish in life - should not be contacted.
When pressed on the matter just a few days before her death, and when she was so weak she could barely speak, she said she did not even want Michael at her funeral.
Her friend and colleague, publicist Max Clifford, last night described how he had asked Cheryl if she was sure she did not want him to call Michael.
"She was adamant," he said. "She said Michael wasn't in her life any more and her attitude was 'He's done enough to me'. What happened with Michael destroyed her. He was the love of her life.
"It left her a shadow of her former self. It wasn't just that he came out, but the person he became, what he turned in to. It was a sad time for her."
There was never going to be a happy ending to the Barrymore marriage saga. The events surrounding the acrimonious divorce, in 1997, of the one-time golden boy of British light entertainment and his faithful and talented wife has provided some of the most lurid headlines of recent times.
Most, however, have focused on Michael's 'torment': his struggles with his sexuality, his drug and alcohol problems, his propensity for violence and the deeply disturbing matter of a death in his swimming pool.
Cheryl - herself a professional media operator - had told her side of the story many times, most candidly in her memoirs, serialised by the Daily Mail in 2002. Yet, if their story was to end in the tragic early death of one of them, surely most people would have expected it to be Michael's.
Bermondsey Girl

London, UK

#42326 Nov 21, 2012
That was because few people realised how hard Cheryl's life had become. Last night, her friends, who knew how much she had really suffered, were understandably bitter. "The whole world knew how Michael was coping," said one friend, declining to be named.
"Every time he went off the rails or got upset, it ended up in the papers and we all knew about every cough and spit of his troubles.
"But no one knew half of what Cheryl has gone through. She has been under unimaginable pressure, and through it all she coped in her way - by putting on a smile when she could, or by hiding away when she couldn't.
"No one will know whether her illness was caused by the years of stress. But it can't have helped, can it?"
Coped through the pressure
It has emerged that ever since Cheryl's marriage - and world - collapsed in 1995, she has experienced bouts of ill-health.
Two years ago, she almost died after suffering a burst ulcer. And late last year she was investigated for 'yuppie flu', or ME, when she complained of feeling unwell. Tragically, the diagnosis was much more serious.
Yesterday, Cheryl's former husband professed himself 'devastated' at the news, pointing out - with jawdropping insensitivity - that his former wife had always been a heavy smoker.
He did, however, acknowledge he had not made the last few years of her life particularly happy.
"If I increased her stress levels, I am terribly sorry for that," he said. "But now she is dead and I can only say it in prayer."
Bermondsey Girl

London, UK

#42327 Nov 21, 2012
He insisted that, had he known Cheryl was ill, he would have dropped everything - feuds included - to be at her bedside. At his new home in New Zealand, where he moved to escape the media attention that inevitably surrounded his every move, Barrymore wept as he spoke of his grief.
"I had no idea she was unwell and just wish I have been told six weeks ago when she was diagnosed," he said. "Had I known I would have flown to Britain to be by her side. I would have liked to have held her hand, given her a hug and told her how much I loved her.
"It's not supposed to be like this. I was the one on the list to die early. Cheryl got me into rehab and told me for years:'If you don't get yourself sorted out you are going to be dead.' "
But, as ever with Barrymore, his tears are less than convincing. Two years ago, friends of Cheryl pointed out, she had a near-death experience which should have taught Barrymore a lesson. It clearly did not.
Vomit blood
On February 14, 2003 - Valentine's Day, her friends point out ruefully - she started to vomit blood and was rushed into surgery, where doctors fought for five hours to save her. Her lung collapsed and at one point her heart stopped and there was no pulse. Her heart had to be shocked into life again. By the end of the ordeal she had lost eight pints of blood.
The experience hit her hard - but what hurt most of all was that Michael did not even pick up the phone to ask how she was.
"At first I was worried that Michael would find out what had happened and come and see me lying helpless in bed,' she said in an interview three months after the event.'I didn't want him to see me like that.
"But as the time passed, and especially when what had happened had been reported in the media, I thought he'd have at least been in touch.
"Throughout our married life there were mainly good times and I have very happy memories. But while I was in hospital, all the most important people in my life rang or came to see me - except one.
"If Michael had been in my position, I'd have been one of the first to contact him."
The incident seemed to make Cheryl reconsider the entrenched positions they had both assumed. Their marriage - they wed in 1976, with Cheryl giving up her own career as a dancer and singer to manage Michael's - had once been considered one of the strongest in showbusiness.
But, after 20 years, it collapsed following Barrymore's very public 'coming out'. In the ensuing years, Cheryl became increasingly frustrated at his bizarre behaviour, during which he would visit gay bars and flaunt lovers in front of her.
She would go on to describe how the marriage had never been as perfect as it has seemed, with Barrymore displaying a violent temper and a terrifying addiction to drink and drugs.
Relations between the two had broken down completely when, after the investigation into Stuart Lubbock's death in his swimming pool, she revealed that her mother had taught Michael to swim.
Bermondsey Girl

London, UK

#42328 Nov 21, 2012
At the inquest, Barrymore had insisted he could not swim - and her comments prompted a police perjury investigation.
"Maybe he just wants to put me in the past," she said at the time. "But I very nearly didn't survive this and I should have made peace with Michael long ago. He needs to call me."
Of course he never did. And, this time around, Cheryl could not bring herself to ask him to.
"She simply couldn't bear the thought of reaching out to him like that and being rejected again," said her friend.
"She could be a stubborn lady, but she still loved Michael, no matter what. I just feel she was too weak to face being hurt again by him. Now, it is too late."
Last night Max Clifford, who lost his own wife to lung cancer, described how Cheryl tried to conceal her illness from all but those closest to her.
"She hadn't been feeling well for a while but had been given a clean bill of health in December," he says.
"At the end of last year she had been feeling ill and tired, but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong and we thought it might be yuppie flu or a virus. But it came back again and she went for another check-up and they found the cancer.
"She had been pretty good last year. She was getting back to her old self. She started acting as an agent for Rebecca Loos, and that gave her her self-esteem back. She did a tremendously good job with Rebecca and got her a lots of TV work. It gave Cheryl a real lift."
News that she was suffering from lung cancer could not have come at a worse time. And Cheryl's way of dealing with the situation was to simply shut down.
"When she was down she hid away - that was the way she did things," says Clifford. "She was a proud woman who was always immaculate about her appearance.
"If she had problems she would hide away. Whenever things were bad with Michael, that's how she would deal with it, by going to ground. She obviously felt the same about the cancer. She wanted to deal with it her way, and we all had to respect that decision.
Cheryl remained at home until Thursday, when she slipped into a coma and was transferred to a London hospital. Tending her were her faithful PA, Maxine, and Carol, the woman she always described as her sister but who was, in fact, her aunt. The two, separated by just seven years, were brought up together and have always considered each other as siblings.
It will be Carol who arranges the funeral, expected to be held next week. Michael Barrymore, the man she loved until the end, will not feature in those plans.
UNQUOTE
Now GUNNIE read it and digest it!
Bermondsey Girl

London, UK

#42329 Nov 21, 2012
Gunnie

MB did not attend the funeral FACT

MB probably visited the grave to apologise for putting her through hell!
fortress

UK

#42330 Nov 21, 2012
i'm not gunnie either and i read these reports before,why bring up the past?she did not stop him coming the funeral fact,who do you think you are?he has explained everything as thoughly as posdible,how do you knowwhat went on behind closed doors,i know how the media works to.as do you need to learn how to spell my surname,say what you like about him,the past is gone.he is a very down to earth person,it takes two to tango.
fortress

UK

#42331 Nov 22, 2012
dragging up the past,nobodies perfect,nor was she,i know that for a fact why would you drag up the past its nothing anymore so as i'm his fan i don't care right.learn not to insult the guntrip surname fact,you address me i'll address you,i'm not stupid,nobodies marriage is perfect.i'm not gunnie so respect it.i know a hell of a lot of things about him,so stop reading me the riot act.
Barrymore Is Vile

London, UK

#42332 Nov 22, 2012
fortress wrote:
i'm not gunnie either and i read these reports before,why bring up the past?she did not stop him coming the funeral fact,who do you think you are?he has explained everything as thoughly as posdible,how do you knowwhat went on behind closed doors,i know how the media works to.as do you need to learn how to spell my surname,say what you like about him,the past is gone.he is a very down to earth person,it takes two to tango.
gunny, you can think what you like but everybody knows that Cheryl banned Barrymore from the funeral - even with clear evidence you want to dispute it because it reflects unfavourably on the rotten, vile Barrymore.
He hurt Cheryl in more ways than one - physically, mentally and emotionally. He is a cruel, selfish, nasty, hedonistic swine who should be the dead one instead of Cheryl.
It takes two to tango, does it? It takes ONE to be violent, take drugs, get drunk and make their partner's life a misery - all of which he did to Cheryl.
He is no saint, that vile Barrymore. He's going straight to Hell when he dies along with Jimmy Savile and loads of other disgraces to humanity.
You can go with him if you like, and you'll both be in a completely different place to your poor late ex-husband who I'm sure is resting in Heaven.
Barrymore Is Vile

UK

#42333 Nov 22, 2012
fortress wrote:
dragging up the past,nobodies perfect,nor was she,i know that for a fact why would you drag up the past its nothing anymore so as i'm his fan i don't care right.learn not to insult the guntrip surname fact,you address me i'll address you,i'm not stupid,nobodies marriage is perfect.i'm not gunnie so respect it.i know a hell of a lot of things about him,so stop reading me the riot act.
Gunny, it's what happens in someones past that in many ways shapes their future. Barrymore had for years acted in a way which wasn't conducive to him enjoying his later life in happiness and fulfilment. He's ruined his own life and you know what, I'm sure he'd agree with that opinion if he were being honest with himself.
You, on the other hand have a chance to rid yourself of a useless obsession which is going absolutely NOWHERE as you will NEVER be with Barrymore. You have nothing in common with Barrymore and you will never have anything that he wants, apart from your money when you buy things and he receives a share of the proceeds.
marchant

UK

#42334 Nov 22, 2012
you are talking rubbish.i think he has accepted he partly ruined his life,but on the otherhand he hasn't so jog on,why do u bother to address when i know different he's never said come on buy my merchadise,ex husband again i noticed you keep referring to,you can believe what you like about that when i wasn't separate or divorced,my life is my choice,and what i now do,i'm not living in the past,i live now for me and what's best for me to recover properly,my husband lives in my heart,sorry my life is being shaped now and that is why i've totally changed.i'm mb's fan and your trying your hardest to steer me away sorry i'm not.you call this an obsession,wellyou sure don't know the rest of what michael is about and put him in the same catagory as saville,that is disgusting.michael is not bankrupt,yes he made mistakes,now he's learning by them.
marchant

UK

#42335 Nov 22, 2012
and to wish him dead instead of cheryl,none of them should be dead,she was a chain smoker,he'd explained that as well,really what a way to talk,my husband should be here as well,wishing people death when i've suffered and members of my own family,he's not vile either,he knowsof his mistakes right,i'm not going to judge him for any of it.but you and others have no clue to him whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... 5 min OnlyPatchWork 3,029
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 13 min Lad 6,283
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 28 min ItsMeSte 14,795
skype sex m22 need girl 32 min cockhard7 1
Scotland independence emerging as threat to U.K... (Feb '12) 38 min James 71
What was bad about the Blitz? 40 min James 10
CERTIFICATES - GCSE & A-Level ONLY !! (Jul '13) 41 min losita 48
skype sex (Mar '14) 2 hr rana 00966559524718 678

United Kingdom People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE