Anti-fracking voices heard

Jan 14, 2014 Full story: Wigan Today 21

WIGANERS opposed to fracking joined counterparts from across the region as hundreds rallied close to a drilling site in Salford.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anon

Manchester, UK

#1 Jan 15, 2014
The reciprocations are unpredictable.
satsuma

UK

#2 Jan 15, 2014
I think its a great idea . All these crustys protesting against it are the usual mob who have to find something the rally against . Not only that but they are hypocrites, they all use gas and electricity, where do they think it comes from?
satsuma

UK

#3 Jan 15, 2014
Bring on the fracking.
rio

Beckenham, UK

#4 Jan 15, 2014
Fracking is just like GM food or cloning; no one knows the long term effects.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#5 Jan 15, 2014
On the bright side, if the ground beneath Wigan does give way and swallows the town up no one will notice for several years.
anon

Manchester, UK

#6 Jan 16, 2014
The US is massive compared to the UK and majority is open countryside, if the ground water is polluted then there is no going back.
It had happened frequently in the US.
Look at Blackpool sea ? or Southport sea ? or Liverpool ? so polluted..........it's criminal. Tides and wind power are free and need to be harnessed.

All the silly, petty NIMBY's rallying against wind power because they can see it..... is ridiculous.

You WILL NOT BENEFIT FROM FRACKING.
Who will benefit ? BIG OIL COMPANIES.

The same people who sponsor people to write supportive comments and influence public opinion in forums like this.

The madness is that you believe they are on your side.

THEY ARE OUT FOR PROFIT.

Fracking is banned in France - yet the French are given licence to come here !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25695813

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#7 Jan 16, 2014
Wind turbines being dumped in some of the picturesque of countryside is not wanted.
Stick the turbines where no one cares, the middle of London for instance.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Jan 16, 2014
supersonic boom wrote:
Wind turbines being dumped in some of the picturesque of countryside is not wanted.
You're onto somehting there. Up on rooftops, out of the way. Noise wouldn't bother us anyway.
In the countryside, they're not only an eyesore, they keep livestock from sleeping too.

Fracking and GM, no one knows the long term consequences. Then did we ever know long term consequences of anythging in the past, mininig, farming,
Trust on science, to come up with solutions to any problems. It's better that way, keeps us all active. Humans enjoy puzzle solving, without which we simply create problems
Spider

Huntingdon, UK

#9 Jan 16, 2014
An issue as important as this, that may have a long term negative effect on the country, should not be decided upon until a national referendum has been held,,, and that referendum shouldn't take place until all relevant studies and tests have been performed and the information has been handed to the public along with a written guarantee of safety and billions in compensation fees laid to one side for the purpose. As the French are involved Im sure they will be happy to oblige Lol

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#10 Jan 16, 2014
Mining has undermined several towns in the UK in recent years. I can see fracking doing the same thing.

London could have its houses covered in solar panels as well and no one would care.

London is a very big city, the countryside needs protecting.
Spider

Huntingdon, UK

#11 Jan 16, 2014
supersonic boom wrote:
Mining has undermined several towns in the UK in recent years. I can see fracking doing the same thing.
London could have its houses covered in solar panels as well and no one would care.
London is a very big city, the countryside needs protecting.
I think the power companies would care.

There are around 14.000.000 homes in the UK that could be adapted for solar energy,,, that's a lot of power.

Up the revolution :-)
Krypteia

Lewes, UK

#12 Jan 16, 2014
If it gets rid of those pointless eyesore wind turbines,I thought these storms with gale force winds we would get power for fifty years apparently they don't work if it's too windy..
Think this fracking needs a closer look first before the go ahead..
Spider

Huntingdon, UK

#13 Jan 16, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
If it gets rid of those pointless eyesore wind turbines,I thought these storms with gale force winds we would get power for fifty years apparently they don't work if it's too windy..
Think this fracking needs a closer look first before the go ahead..
Yeah,,, wrong kind of wind,,, leaves on the line,,, wrong kind of snow,,, How many years they been studying the British climate.

Yep,,, there are plenty of examples were the public have been hood winked and lied to over the years,,, never trust a politician,,, safe not sorry.
Krypteia

Lewes, UK

#14 Jan 16, 2014
Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,,, wrong kind of wind,,, leaves on the line,,, wrong kind of snow,,, How many years they been studying the British climate.
Yep,,, there are plenty of examples were the public have been hood winked and lied to over the years,,, never trust a politician,,, safe not sorry.
Hundred percent agreement..
anon

Manchester, UK

#15 Jan 17, 2014
LETS POLLUTE THE GROUND WATER, DESTABLISE THE LAND MASS IN POPULATED AREAS.......... AND GIVE ALL THE PROFITS TO BIG OIL??????????
are you out of your minds ?
..........seriously, how many people are paid to write comments here?
anon

Manchester, UK

#16 Jan 17, 2014
ever heard the expression ..........ASSET STRIPPING ?.........you think big oil companies care if the long term environmental effects are hazardous to health and reduce the cost of your homes ? NO.........you must be joking..........

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#17 Jan 17, 2014
supersonic boom wrote:
Alright, whoever disagreed where would you put the wind turbines?
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

#18 Jan 17, 2014
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, whoever disagreed where would you put the wind turbines?
In Rio's back garden..

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#19 Jan 17, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>In Rio's back garden..
Lol
interesting repost commen

Manchester, UK

#21 Jan 18, 2014
Nothing funnier than listening to an oilyman. I worked in the industry, with wireline logging. I got out because they were boring deadheads who knew they polluted and murdered people in Latin America. Take Colombia, BP and the paramilitaries, or BP in the Mexican gulf, or Texaco in Ecuador, or the many many other oil spills murder of local people. All this before Iraq and other murderous terrorist attacks paid for by the tax payer to get oil for the rich. I knew fracking then too. Safe. You talk utter rubbish. I knew Frac (the name they gave to the guy that did all the BP analysis, who lives in the North). I know what it is and how unscientific it is, even to the point of many wireline companies researching radioactive methods of assessing the rock etc. Fracking is an action. You live with the result, good or bad. You do not get the profits, good or bad, you subsidise the companies supported by the govt (wink wink), always bad. You can get as many simpletons to support this as you like. Even if it was just for the climate change element it is disgusting, but the fact is is right under your feet. Only a Northerner could convince themselves that they benefit. Thick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Kingdom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 21 min laylay 20,440
Hot and Matures! 30 min hornyprick 9
BBM Pins UK 2015 1 hr Amy 499
bi or les girls bbm pin swap (Mar '13) 1 hr Amy 323
I wanna get an older man of on this. I'm 18 ;) 1 hr sam london 7
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 1 hr Clear Dharma 5,114
Gay BBM group chat (Apr '14) 1 hr 16 slim wight guy 315
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 3 hr kie 8,756
skype sex (Mar '14) 21 hr ben23uk1 1,316
More from around the web