President: Poland should be euro-ready in 2015

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: The Daily Star 10

Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski stands with Slovakian President Ivan Gasparovic and their Ukrainian counterpart Viktor Yanukovich during a news conference after their meeting at the presidential residence in Wisla, southern Poland February 21, 2013.

Full Story

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Poland need to join eurozone as soon as possible.

Poland need to belong in core of West.

“Been to Polakia...”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 27, 2013
poland is going to drag Eu to the bottom, I'd say confidently!

“SHIT IS IN THE AIR !!!”

Since: Mar 13

Kovalivka, Ukraine

#4 Mar 8, 2013
I definitely hope so. It can't almost sink any deeper. To hell with the Euro and the EU-SSR. One big corrupt - worse than communism - crap hole with no fundament to form an Union at all. Look at that creep of a GOLLUM van Rompuy, the undemocratic chosen president. And they are whining about Democracy to enter the EU. Well Ukraine, if I were you I would be happy NOT to be in the EU. It 's a bottomless pit and a project doomed to fail.
news junkie

Welland, Canada

#5 Mar 8, 2013
As some EU countries have now discovered and Poland should consider greatly is that by going to the common euro currency risks the loss of independent monetary policy.
news junkie

Welland, Canada

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Greece is a prime example. Their economy is in tatters and cannot devalue the currency because it is the euro which is tied to other nations so is subject to monetary policy beyond their control.

From time to time it has been suggested that Canada and USA form a join currency but that would lead to loss of independent monetary policy that Canada pursues and be subject to US domination. The recent global economic collapse indeed showed that independent policy per national needs and requirements is best.

Unlike the US, Canada did not see a collapse of the banking system, a need for bank bailouts, under water mortgages, foreclosures, and a decline in values in the housing market.

Canadian policy is set by the Canadian government and is independent and does view the global situation. Had a common currency between Canada and USA ever come to be then we as Canadians would be entwined in the current situation in the US of fending off the fiscal cliff and sequester and the debt ceiling.

Each nation has strong and weak economic points and to cluster all into one currency only favors the stronger dominate nations to dictate policy or to hold the carrot on the stick for those nations in trouble to bow to distasteful terms.
news junkie

Welland, Canada

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Sincerely yours Dr Lecter wrote:
I definitely hope so. It can't almost sink any deeper. To hell with the Euro and the EU-SSR. One big corrupt - worse than communism - crap hole with no fundament to form an Union at all. Look at that creep of a GOLLUM van Rompuy, the undemocratic chosen president. And they are whining about Democracy to enter the EU. Well Ukraine, if I were you I would be happy NOT to be in the EU. It 's a bottomless pit and a project doomed to fail.
It could be adventageous for Ukraine to become an EU member but not have to cede monetary policy unique to that country. It would pull them away from Russian dominance. Keep the grivana, no need to go to the euro and set monetary policy unique to Ukraine and not that of Germany or France.

As a EU member it will open advantages for its citizens to be able to freely travel without need for visas.
American Observer

Eugene, OR

#8 Mar 10, 2013
How interesting-- News Junkie spells the Ukrainian currency using the Russian pronounciation. Does that indicate anything to you?

“SHIT IS IN THE AIR !!!”

Since: Mar 13

Kovalivka, Ukraine

#10 Mar 10, 2013
news junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be adventageous for Ukraine to become an EU member but not have to cede monetary policy unique to that country. It would pull them away from Russian dominance. Keep the grivana, no need to go to the euro and set monetary policy unique to Ukraine and not that of Germany or France.
As a EU member it will open advantages for its citizens to be able to freely travel without need for visas.
That 's the propaganda you are ought to believe. Yes, probably it will have some benefits for our country, but compared to the former USSR, the EU is even more corrupted in many aspects. If only the way thewy replaced the president of the European Bank by Framing the old one through media. Bruxeles can't get enough of the word democracy, while countries in fact have nothing to tell anymore. They have to give up their souverainity and more and more power goes to Bruxeles. It 's a scary development. The EU would have been a good concept as it was as the EEG. Just for trading purposes, I could live with Schengen, however countries like Romania and Bulgaria only seem to cause trouble in the EU, as far as I have heard. I think the EU is one big corrupt, money-driven piece of bureaucracy. Too bad. Our Polish neighbours were indeed able to build up something as an EU member, but during the crisis this will be impossible. I agree with you that it would be best to get away from under the wings of Russia, but not for financial reasons. We just had enough of them and don't want to be an extension to that country anymore. Sad that they framed Timoschenko, who was pretty close in her negotiations towards the EU.
news junkie

Welland, Canada

#11 Mar 10, 2013
Sincerely yours Dr Lecter wrote:
<quoted text>
That 's the propaganda you are ought to believe. Yes, probably it will have some benefits for our country, but compared to the former USSR, the EU is even more corrupted in many aspects. If only the way thewy replaced the president of the European Bank by Framing the old one through media. Bruxeles can't get enough of the word democracy, while countries in fact have nothing to tell anymore. They have to give up their souverainity and more and more power goes to Bruxeles. It 's a scary development. The EU would have been a good concept as it was as the EEG. Just for trading purposes, I could live with Schengen, however countries like Romania and Bulgaria only seem to cause trouble in the EU, as far as I have heard. I think the EU is one big corrupt, money-driven piece of bureaucracy. Too bad. Our Polish neighbours were indeed able to build up something as an EU member, but during the crisis this will be impossible. I agree with you that it would be best to get away from under the wings of Russia, but not for financial reasons. We just had enough of them and don't want to be an extension to that country anymore. Sad that they framed Timoschenko, who was pretty close in her negotiations towards the EU.
Thanks for your perspective. An interesting read.
news junkie

Welland, Canada

#12 Mar 10, 2013
American Observer wrote:
How interesting-- News Junkie spells the Ukrainian currency using the Russian pronounciation. Does that indicate anything to you?
Indicates to me Observer that one of the forms and pronounciations of the currency. The eastern part of Ukraine (where I have been) has Russian as the dominant language whereas in the western part of the country Ukrainian is mainly spoken.

Same can be said your country, ObamaLand, where in the east the currency is the dollah, doeler in the Ozarks and peso in the south

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 11 min Pro-Ukraine 9,000
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 50 min Avenger 1,479
Buffer zone agreed on in Ukrainian peace talks 1 hr George 32
Thousands march in Moscow against Ukraine fighting 1 hr George 45
Russia is a 'threat to global democracy', Ukrai... 1 hr George 122
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine 1 hr I can read 2,040
Russia's GENOCIDE Against Ukraine (Mar '14) 1 hr RED TERROR FAMINE 36
Will the Russian invasian of Ukraine go Putins ... 3 hr George 1,020
•••

Ukraine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••