As The Arab Spring Fades And The Turk...

As The Arab Spring Fades And The Turkish Model Collapses, Can Islam Foster Prosperity?

There are 171 comments on the Forbes.com story from Jun 25, 2013, titled As The Arab Spring Fades And The Turkish Model Collapses, Can Islam Foster Prosperity?. In it, Forbes.com reports that:

Anti-government protesters wearing masks and hoodies pose as they demonstrate in the center of Ankara, Turkey on June 6, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Forbes.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#1 Jun 25, 2013
This article hit the nail on the head. It really describes the lack of wisdom that Muhammad had in many of the laws he invented, as he seemed to have no vision for what the future might hold. He should have kept Politics and religion separate. "Give back to Caesar what is his, and give to God what is his". Here, matters of politics and law are separated from matters of the soul. Very wise indeed. Leave the earthly matters of money and power etc...to people, and leave matters of God to God. This is why Jesus never bothered to accumulate wealth when obviously he could have. But he never said you can't have it, he merely recommended against it.
Onelawforall

London, UK

#2 Jun 25, 2013
Agreed. The reason Izlam is so obnoxious is because it is more like a political party than a religion. They can keep their neo nazi policies for when they die. They will be welcomed by the devil.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 25, 2013
Turkey allowed the nation of Islam, to get too close to the top.....
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#4 Jun 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Turkey allowed the nation of Islam, to get too close to the top.....
There was a lot of corruption, so the Islamic party offered themselves as the cure to corruption. So that's how they got elected. But I knew, little by little, that freedoms would start to be curtailed and secularism eroded. It's a foregone conclusion because that is what Islam is. There was a very good reason why Turkey remained so proudly secular for so long. But then, they stupidly let the Genie out of the bottle, and it's very hard to get it back into the bottle once you let it out. Suckers, they trusted Islamic rule. They should have known better.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 25, 2013
Islamic Power will rise soon

islam is getting back in turkey and egypt

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#6 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a lot of corruption, so the Islamic party offered themselves as the cure to corruption. So that's how they got elected. But I knew, little by little, that freedoms would start to be curtailed and secularism eroded. It's a foregone conclusion because that is what Islam is. There was a very good reason why Turkey remained so proudly secular for so long. But then, they stupidly let the Genie out of the bottle, and it's very hard to get it back into the bottle once you let it out. Suckers, they trusted Islamic rule. They should have known better.
Excellent posts on this topic, Seeker.

Since: Dec 11

Hatay, Turkey

#7 Jun 25, 2013
This Forbes ,the illuminati newspaper,totally bullshits.They either do not know anything,or deliberately distorts.
Turkey is not an islamic country and is not ruled by islamic principles.Turkey is a modern secular country infested by illuminati-jews.That is where the sickness is,that is where we will correct.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#8 Jun 25, 2013
superakilli wrote:
This Forbes ,the illuminati newspaper,totally bullshits.They either do not know anything,or deliberately distorts.
Turkey is not an islamic country and is not ruled by islamic principles.Turkey is a modern secular country infested by illuminati-jews.That is where the sickness is,that is where we will correct.
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/superakil...

omgosh......

You're a bit of a nutter.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Islamic Power will rise soon
islam is getting back in turkey and egypt
There isn't any power in Islam. Only repression and poverty.

We're seeing that now after each arab spring!
Dander

Sydney, Australia

#10 Jun 25, 2013
I agree with Superakilli
Turkey was not established on Islamic Principles! Infact it was established by the remnants of IT turks who carried out a Genocide in 1915 fueled by a Fake Jihad declaration to legitimize their war aggression.
That is how TR became 99.9% muslim.
As long as the state denies this fact there is no chance of Democracy prospering in turkey.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#11 Jun 25, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Islamic Power will rise soon
islam is getting back in turkey and egypt
Thanks for confirming what I said. Don't ever call anybody an "islamophobe" ever again okay? Because if you did so, you would immediately be a liar. Agreed?
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Jun 25, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Islamic Power will rise soon
islam is getting back in turkey and egypt
Your military tells a different story. My money is on them.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#13 Jun 25, 2013
Bombardier wrote:
<quoted text>
Your military tells a different story. My money is on them.
Your money really is on them too, since the only reason Egyptians are still able to acquire food is our tax dollars.

Just imagine how snarky the lad would be with an empty belly!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#14 Jun 26, 2013
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Your money really is on them too, since the only reason Egyptians are still able to acquire food is our tax dollars.
Just imagine how snarky the lad would be with an empty belly!
Now THAT'S classic. It's like the guy who spits at someone and tells them they hate them and then says, don't forget to bring the check. We have to pay the pitbull so it doesn't attack Israel for a third time. Amazing.
Shalom

Aurora, Canada

#15 Jun 26, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Islamic Power will rise soon
islam is getting back in turkey and egypt
"Islam is getting back in turkey and egypt"-That is the man reason for the poverty and downfall of Egypt. In the next 4 to 9 months we will start seeing hours and hours of video showing starving Egyptians. The Low Information Emotives (LIEers) will hold live aid concerts, complete with candles, raise a lot of money and 'consciousness' to provide food and fuel for the hungry. They will be purchased at world commodity prices and REMOVED FROM THE EGYPTIAN budget, forever. NGO's will have more staff, growing the Poverty Industry and all will be happy, More self satisfied, cooing hand wringers, more dependency and more freedom of action for the MB.
Morsi is dumb? Not.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 Jun 26, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Islamic Power will rise soon
islam is getting back in turkey and egypt
Islam will never totally succeed....just as long as it is incapable of living peacefully with other religions and people....Never Ever.....
hytgfvcxz

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jun 26, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… Is Cool

Since: Jun 13

Nashville, TN

#18 Jun 26, 2013
No, we won't let them. We will invade any Arab country that starts to become independent or successful.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#19 Jun 26, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
No, we won't let them. We will invade any Arab country that starts to become independent or successful.
Your end is coming, queer

arabs are different now, they will cut you into pieces

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Islam will never totally succeed....just as long as it is incapable of living peacefully with other religions and people....Never Ever.....
r u for serious? just kidding?

Islam showed best example fo living peacefully with other religions

Muslims were the super power in world after defeating romans and persians,europe was invaded by arabs

Muslims allowed xtians and jews to exist under Their super power over world,if islam wasnt capable of living with peace, well...there would be no jew or christian left in middle east

try to educate yourself with history

Islam just succeeded and its growing between your west

without invading the west, Islam is penetrating your societies becuase its the truth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey blasts Timerman on - genocide' 5 hr SpaceBlues 4
News Turkey must ramp up Islamic State fight, says F... 13 hr SpaceBlues 3
News Turkey-Kurdish conflict: State cracks down as K... Tue Chucks 2
News PKK Militants Allegedly Blow Up Section of Sout... Aug 25 SpaceBlues 1
News Kurdish Mayors In Turkey Arrested For Supportin... Aug 23 SpaceBlues 1
Why Turkish men fall so easily in love with Bri... (Mar '10) Aug 23 Iny1953 101
News Turkish Kurdistan: Town after town declares sel... Aug 23 greg 4
More from around the web