Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey's econom...

Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey's economy meets EU membership criteria

There are 42 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Nov 29, 2012, titled Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey's economy meets EU membership criteria. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

Since 2002, Turkey's growth strategy, fiscal discipline, and structural reforms have helped it become the world's 16th largest economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 29, 2012
West base on liberalism-multiculturalism.

Every country who base on those values, is part of west.

One country to become part of west, need only to base on those values.

If Turkey not become west country, will never join eu.

EU will never accept one no-west country.

And if Turkey not become west country, will dissolve and will destroy.
TRUTHlober

Carei, Romania

#2 Nov 30, 2012
european2012 wrote:
West base on liberalism-multiculturalism.
Every country who base on those values, is part of west.
One country to become part of west, need only to base on those values.
If Turkey not become west country, will never join eu.
EU will never accept one no-west country.
And if Turkey not become west country, will dissolve and will destroy.
I can follow from where you are coming ..... however it would be the worst scenario for Turkey to become 100 % Western ....

Turkey is neither Western nor Eastern .....
Turkey is neither Christian, Jewish, Muslim nor any other religion ....

Turkey is the melting pot of all of this .....

TURKEY IS UNIQUE !

Becoming 100% Western would mean losing their history and their proud identity ...what means becoming weak ....

Cheers,

“Liberalism”

Location hidden

#3 Nov 30, 2012
TRUTHlober wrote:
<quoted text>
Becoming 100% Western would mean losing their history and their proud identity ...what means becoming weak ....
Cheers,
You have mistake!

Multiculturalism not mean loosing identity! Mean accept the diversity!

Liberal country is neutral and not base on nation-religion, but every human is free to believe everything what want, and all the humans are proud for their common liberal country.

In USA exist many muslims and many arabianphones or turkishphones. Noone lost the identity, but all they are happy and they live together with Christians Jews Buddists and other religions and nationalities.

Loosing identity in nation-country, because there or you need to become as want the State or you need to go out. And the State is not free, and is enemy with all neighbours and all minorities and their own citizens.

Why Ottoman Empire dissolved? Because was base on religion. After Kemal was base on nation, and till now Turkey not became west country.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 30, 2012
TRUTHlober wrote:
<quoted text>
I can follow from where you are coming ..... however it would be the worst scenario for Turkey to become 100 % Western ....
Turkey is neither Western nor Eastern .....
Turkey is neither Christian, Jewish, Muslim nor any other religion ....
Turkey is the melting pot of all of this .....
TURKEY IS UNIQUE !
Cheers,
Yup exactly , Turkey is simply Turkish .

“Liberalism”

Location hidden

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Turkey need to choose:

Want to be west country, or 3rd world ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World ) country?

Every country of planet can be part of west, if become liberal-multicultural-peace country.

Since: Mar 10

Erenköy, Turkey

#6 Dec 1, 2012
Multiculturalism is political zionism.Hypocritical Zionists push multiculturalism for other nations ,but they dont wanna see israel's ethnic cleansing against palestinians.

Erenköy, Turkey

#7 Dec 1, 2012
Multiculturalism - A Zionist Weapon to Destroy non-Jewish Nations

Erenköy, Turkey

#8 Dec 1, 2012
Multiculturalism lie is a cultural tool of the international zionists plan for world dominion.
TRUTHlover

Carei, Romania

#9 Dec 1, 2012
european2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have mistake!
Multiculturalism not mean loosing identity! Mean accept the diversity!
Liberal country is neutral and not base on nation-religion, but every human is free to believe everything what want, and all the humans are proud for their common liberal country.
In USA exist many muslims and many arabianphones or turkishphones. Noone lost the identity, but all they are happy and they live together with Christians Jews Buddists and other religions and nationalities.
Loosing identity in nation-country, because there or you need to become as want the State or you need to go out. And the State is not free, and is enemy with all neighbours and all minorities and their own citizens.
Why Ottoman Empire dissolved? Because was base on religion. After Kemal was base on nation, and till now Turkey not became west country.
Everything you describe above you will find already in Turkey ... Turkey has not to change for that ....

Why the Ottoman Empire dissolved? Your explanation shows how little you know about the Empire and the reasons of its end ....

In comparison to any other European state of its time, the Ottomans were far more tolerant and minority right respecting .... especially compared with the US.
This gave these minorities the possibility to rise up against the government.
The Ottoman Empire was not based on religion (typical misunderstanding in the Western-Christian world)..... Islam was one of the pillars of the state, but not the only one!!!

And if you would read my post with more attention, you would easily realize that our opinions are not so far from each other ...

Cheers,
Dander

Australia

#10 Dec 1, 2012
TRUTHlover wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you describe above you will find already in Turkey ... Turkey has not to change for that ....
Why the Ottoman Empire dissolved? Your explanation shows how little you know about the Empire and the reasons of its end ....
In comparison to any other European state of its time, the Ottomans were far more tolerant and minority right respecting .... especially compared with the US.
This gave these minorities the possibility to rise up against the government.
The Ottoman Empire was not based on religion (typical misunderstanding in the Western-Christian world)..... Islam was one of the pillars of the state, but not the only one!!!
And if you would read my post with more attention, you would easily realize that our opinions are not so far from each other ...
Cheers,
Hassiktir gotumun kenari!
Ottoman was a SHARIA STATE.
TRUTHlover

Carei, Romania

#11 Dec 1, 2012
Dander wrote:
<quoted text>Hassiktir gotumun kenari!
Ottoman was a SHARIA STATE.
Merhaba Dandik,

How are you? Haven't heard a long time from you.
Let's analyse again one of your mentally sick claims:

Ottoman was a Sharia State??????????
That shows me that you can't be a History teacher as you have claimed couple of months before ....

Please explain me why did they name HIH Sultan Suleyman .... KANUNI Sultan Suleyman???? Why did he have to regulate ....(re-)write the Ottoman legislation????

If the Empire would have been a Sahria state….it would have not been necessary to regulate it, isn't it??? The Sharia would have regulated everything isn’t it?

Fact is, there should be no doubt, the legislation was strongly influenced by Sunni-Hannifi Islam, however traditional Turkic legislation which the Turks had brought with them from Central Asia was the base of Ottoman legislation!

Furthermore, the minorities had in their local Millets their own legislation, administered and judged by their own leaders!
As an Armenian you should know that?!?!

But this is of course not convenient for you .... You are right the Turk is always the bad guy .... Typical Armenian thinking ....

Cheers,
Dander

Australia

#12 Dec 1, 2012
Hassiktir turdlover yalaka.
If ottoman was not a SHARIA STATE she would not have declared a JIHAD-I KEBIR, Flying the SANJAK-I SHARIF in 12 Nov 1914, in order to exterminate her last remaining Christian millets (nations)

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 1, 2012
TRUTHlover wrote:
<quoted text>
Merhaba Dandik,
How are you? Haven't heard a long time from you.
Let's analyse again one of your mentally sick claims:
Ottoman was a Sharia State??????????
That shows me that you can't be a History teacher as you have claimed couple of months before ....
Please explain me why did they name HIH Sultan Suleyman .... KANUNI Sultan Suleyman???? Why did he have to regulate ....(re-)write the Ottoman legislation????
If the Empire would have been a Sahria state….it would have not been necessary to regulate it, isn't it??? The Sharia would have regulated everything isn’t it?
Fact is, there should be no doubt, the legislation was strongly influenced by Sunni-Hannifi Islam, however traditional Turkic legislation which the Turks had brought with them from Central Asia was the base of Ottoman legislation!
Furthermore, the minorities had in their local Millets their own legislation, administered and judged by their own leaders!
As an Armenian you should know that?!?!
But this is of course not convenient for you .... You are right the Turk is always the bad guy .... Typical Armenian thinking ....
Cheers,
I Ottmans did apply some sharia based law , this is why Ataturk had to abolish it . If the ottmans reformed themselves at the start then Ataturk would have not changed the legal system .

Ottmans were great at the start , but they lagged back at the last 80 years of their rule and did not reform themselves .

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#14 Dec 1, 2012
Alparslan wrote:
Multiculturalism lie is a cultural tool of the international zionists plan for world dominion.
yup it starts with Multiculturalism then federal/autonomous rule for minorities and finally separation.

I have always wondered why Greeks love Kurds when Kurds hate christians with passion . In iraq thousands of assyrians were killed and kicked out of the Kurdish region by peshmarja .

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#15 Dec 1, 2012
Dander wrote:
Hassiktir turdlover yalaka.
If ottoman was not a SHARIA STATE she would not have declared a JIHAD-I KEBIR, Flying the SANJAK-I SHARIF in 12 Nov 1914, in order to exterminate her last remaining Christian millets (nations)
If they wanted to exterminate Christians they would have done it at the start . They have ruled you over 600 years , this period would be enough to convert and kill every christian living during that time .

Anyway I agree ottman empire rule did include some sharia based laws .

Erenköy, Turkey

#16 Dec 1, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
I Ottmans did apply some sharia based law , this is why Ataturk had to abolish it . If the ottmans reformed themselves at the start then Ataturk would have not changed the legal system .
Ottmans were great at the start , but they lagged back at the last 80 years of their rule and did not reform themselves .
The Ottoman system had three court systems: one for Muslims, one for non-Muslims and the trade court...
Ottoman empire was an islam empire but it was not sharia state like iran or suudi arabia..

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#17 Dec 1, 2012
Alparslan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ottoman system had three court systems: one for Muslims, one for non-Muslims and the trade court...
Ottoman empire was an islam empire but it was not sharia state like iran or suudi arabia..
Why did Ataturk then had to reform its laws if it was not based on sharia ?.

The ottman empire was not fully sharia based like Iran , but it did apply some sharia law like inheritance for instance and marriage etc .

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#18 Dec 1, 2012
Alparslan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway I agree there was much more freedom during the ottman empire than there is today in either Saudi Arabia or Iran .

Erenköy, Turkey

#19 Dec 1, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
yup it starts with Multiculturalism then federal/autonomous rule for minorities and finally separation.
I have always wondered why Greeks love Kurds when Kurds hate christians with passion . In iraq thousands of assyrians were killed and kicked out of the Kurdish region by peshmarja .
Kurdish card older than 200 years old..half the Assyrian population has fled their homeland because nobody care these people.They cant build a state.
Today USA(israel) using Kurdish people to reach it's goals in mideast.divide n exploit strategy.

Erenköy, Turkey

#20 Dec 1, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Ataturk then had to reform its laws if it was not based on sharia ?.
The ottman empire was not fully sharia based like Iran , but it did apply some sharia law like inheritance for instance and marriage etc .
i think Sharia state n islamic state are very different concepts..

Today islam is the official religion of the Pakistan,but Pakistan is not a sharia state like Suudi Arabia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.K. Issues Travel Warning About Antigay U.S. S... 36 min Rockstar 1
US issues travel warning ahead of Euro 2016 in ... 37 min Rockstar 1
Russian tourists continue to travel to Turkey 43 min Rockstar 1
usa advises against travel to turkey 43 min Rockstar 6
erdogan the king of all ball lickers 52 min Rockstar 5
turks are russia's bitches 57 min Rockstar 10
turk bonds in junk territory 1 hr Rockstar 2
More from around the web