World Famous Great Turks...

Created by Pro Turkish Blogger on Oct 7, 2011

1,212 votes

Click on an option to vote

Osman - Founder Of Ottoman Empire

Fatih Sultan Mehmet - Conqueror

Barbaros Brothers - Naval Heroes

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Yunus Emre - Poet

Mimar Sinan - Architect

Bedri Rahmi Eyuboglu - Painter

Orhan Pamuk - Nobel Prize Winner

Sertab Erener - Eurovision Winner

Sabiha Gökcen - First Woman Aviator

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Earth

#1 Oct 7, 2011
There once was Spartan captain who, whenever it looked like a battle would be imminent would change into a red cape. After observing this behavior for a few months, one of the crew members asked him what it meant.
"It's in case I get cut. I don't want you crew members to see blood and freak out."
"That's very sensible, sir." At that moment, the crew member spotted several hostile horsemen on the horizon. The captain all of a sudden looked very concerned.
"Get my brown shiny pants"
Nobody

North Bergen, NJ

#2 Oct 7, 2011
You forgot to mention Hakan Sokur.
Predator

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 7, 2011
Since Mimar Sinan and Sabiha Gokcen is on this list, then where are the others like Hrant Dink and Ruhi Su?
Latt

Ventspils, Latvia

#4 Oct 7, 2011
greeks / ermens wishing they are turkish
Predator

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Oct 7, 2011
Latt wrote:
greeks / ermens wishing they are turkish
Quite funny how you Turks always claim the OPPOSITE of what is true.

Example: your childish comment.

If we wished to be Turkish, we could have done it a long time ago.

On the contrary, you Turks committed genocides, because other people did not want to become Turk and found you disgusting and repulsive. Some of them became "Turk" - surely not out of choice, but a desire not to die.

Deal with it.
Bekir

Australia

#6 Oct 7, 2011
Restaurant Bookings
Auburn Rd, Auburn, Sydney
Predator

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 7, 2011
Bekir wrote:
Restaurant Bookings
Auburn Rd, Auburn, Sydney
What's the average charge for dinner for two?
TURKISH FACTS

Brunswick, Australia

#8 Oct 7, 2011
Area: total: 780,580 sq km
land: 770,760 sq km
water: 9,820 sq km
TURKISH FACTS

Brunswick, Australia

#9 Oct 7, 2011
Predator wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the average charge for dinner for two?
You cannot afford it so why do you ask.
Bond

Henderson, NV

#10 Oct 8, 2011
Turks Turks and more Turks.
Andykypros

Cyprus

#11 Oct 8, 2011
Predator wrote:
Since Mimar Sinan and Sabiha Gokcen is on this list, then where are the others like Hrant Dink and Ruhi Su?
And of course cleverly does not mention that Sabiha Gokcen is Turkey's first woman aviator and not the World's. This is not an attempt to devalue her achievement but to introduce a perspective on it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 8, 2011
Predator wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, you Turks committed genocides, because other people did not want to become Turk and found you disgusting and repulsive. Some of them became "Turk" - surely not out of choice, but a desire not to die.
Deal with it.
Ottomans had no policy to make people turk or islam by force. In fact ottomans not based on ethnicity. Today many turkish nationalists blame ottomans for harming turkishness and always choosing key positions (like viziers) among non turks. During first centuries of empire viziers should be muslim but later people of other religions also had upper positions. For instance Sultan Abdulhamid had always armenian ministers. It is nonsence to accuse us to kill people not accepting to be turk.
Predator

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 8, 2011
TRNavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ottomans had no policy to make people turk or islam by force. In fact ottomans not based on ethnicity. Today many turkish nationalists blame ottomans for harming turkishness and always choosing key positions (like viziers) among non turks. During first centuries of empire viziers should be muslim but later people of other religions also had upper positions. For instance Sultan Abdulhamid had always armenian ministers. It is nonsence to accuse us to kill people not accepting to be turk.
That's not the point. Yes Armenians were prominent, but that was in Istanbul. And I agree that in the Ottoman empire nationality was irrelevant, only religion was relevant. However, because Ottoman Turks and Armenians and Greeks were living in the same areas, if any Christian converted to Islam, then by default they became Ottoman "Turk". In the early period, Armenians were definitely focrced as their duty to provide one of their male kids for the army, later even when this changed, the way the system was set up, Sharia Law, gave more advantages to Muslims over Christians.

But when the CUP took over the Ottoman job of finishing the genocide, that's when the Ottoman empire went from an Islamic empire, to a "Turkey for the Turks" - A racist genocidal state which it still is today. In this case, an Armenian was expected to become a Turk to show their loyalty if they wanted to live, or get deported (killed slowly), or killed outright.
Predator

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 8, 2011
TURKISH FACTS wrote:
<quoted text> You cannot afford it so why do you ask.
I can afford your dinner which you eat every night though... just get some leftovers from the trash can and throw it in front of you so you stop barking.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Oct 8, 2011
Armenian terror Support and Alliances.

ASALA received support from three main sources:

1 - The Soviet Union, the Eastern block and other socialist countries.

2 - Countries such as Greece and Syria whose geopolitical expectations depended on the destabilisation of Turkey from within and without.
TURKISH FOOTBALL

Brunswick, Australia

#16 Oct 8, 2011
GoalsMost goals scored in a season
105, Galatasaray SK, 1962-1963 (44 matches)
103, Fenerbahçe SK, 1988-1989 (36 matches)
Okkesh

Sofia, Bulgaria

#17 Oct 9, 2011
This poll is brilliant.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18 Oct 9, 2011
Predator wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point. Yes Armenians were prominent, but that was in Istanbul. And I agree that in the Ottoman empire nationality was irrelevant, only religion was relevant. However, because Ottoman Turks and Armenians and Greeks were living in the same areas, if any Christian converted to Islam, then by default they became Ottoman "Turk". In the early period, Armenians were definitely focrced as their duty to provide one of their male kids for the army, later even when this changed, the way the system was set up, Sharia Law, gave more advantages to Muslims over Christians.
But when the CUP took over the Ottoman job of finishing the genocide, that's when the Ottoman empire went from an Islamic empire, to a "Turkey for the Turks" - A racist genocidal state which it still is today. In this case, an Armenian was expected to become a Turk to show their loyalty if they wanted to live, or get deported (killed slowly), or killed outright.
"Ottomans" was used as an identity for all citizens of the empire regarldless of their ethnicity and religion. A christian before converting to islam and later called as "ottoman" only. I did not hear that they were called as "ottoman turk". People may change their religion but you cannot change their ethnicity just by calling so.
I also didn't understand the armenian's giving one male kid for army in the early period? Do you mean janaissaries? If so, not much armenian kids were taken for the army and the rule was only 1 boy to be taken from 40 families.(generally 1 boy from 1 village)
Armenians in istanbul and anatolia not treated different. The problem was that there were many russian and european spies in anatolia and armenians there were vulnerable to their propaganda. They were inciting armenians against ottomans. Until the intervene of western countires armenians were liked by ottomans and called as “trustworty people”.
Do you really believe that republic of turkey is a racist state? What make you believe in that?

“Target: OZ-World. cCc”

Since: Aug 11

Warriorness - Honour- Genocide

#19 Oct 9, 2011
went with yunus emre.
counter

Ventspils, Latvia

#20 Oct 9, 2011
56 votes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ataturk in the Nazi Imagination 11 min Kuvayi Milliye 20
United Front Against Turkey?: Top Cypriot Legis... 15 min Kuvayi Milliye 161
Turkey-Armenia relations: door to nowhere 35 min Dander 4
Giant, Perfectly-Preserved Roman Mosaics from 3... 2 hr Born free - Molon... 1
Turkish governor threatens to turn synagogue in... 2 hr Faith 45
Biden briefs Anastasiades about talks in Istanbul 4 hr Dander 4
are turks white? (Jan '13) 4 hr truth is blowing ... 69

Turkey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE