NATO Ready to Protect Turkey from Syrian Missiles

Nov 19, 2012 Full story: Voice of America 42

NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen answers questions by journalists, prior to the start of the EU foreign and defense ministers meeting at the European Council building in Brussels, November 19, 2012.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23 Nov 20, 2012
OK...?
Don't the Turks BRAG on HOW """BIG and MIGHTY""" they ARE...?

The """"BIG POWERFUL TURKS""" need help from NATO...?

That's INTERESTING...?
" ISN'T GREECE IN NATO...?"
Will the GREEK NATO members come to the RESCUE of the TURKS...?

"" THEY WILL PROBABLY SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD...!""
Filip

Sopot, Poland

#24 Nov 20, 2012
Turks are idiots, let them stop to give weapons to these stupid, not useful and harmful rebels and they stop to shoot at them automatically.
Tuks were always idiot and will be always idiots. All their stupid wars were lost and have caused only damadges for all possible countries.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#25 Nov 20, 2012
Good news wrote:
Turkey, the so called big and strong country is now afraid from Syria...Hahaha
ok, simpleton, we will explain for you. Turkey wanted Patriot missiles for surgical precision and not to kill civilians, next time read with both eyes open
asif

Chennai, India

#26 Nov 20, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, simpleton, we will explain for you. Turkey wanted Patriot missiles for surgical precision and not to kill civilians, next time read with both eyes open
Surgical precision for what?
Scared of missiles from Syria :-) zzzzzzzz
GERKAN MEHTI

Rydalmere, Australia

#27 Nov 20, 2012
lol .. champion 65 . what a moron .. these patriotic missiles have nothing to do with syria .. they are all about iran .. they are going to protect israel ... i bet you .. if iran strike against israel oneday .. those patriotic missiles will be the first shield of defence . im just letting you guys know this ..
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#28 Nov 20, 2012
GERKAN MEHTI wrote:
lol .. champion 65 . what a moron .. these patriotic missiles have nothing to do with syria .. they are all about iran .. they are going to protect israel ... i bet you .. if iran strike against israel oneday .. those patriotic missiles will be the first shield of defence . im just letting you guys know this ..
Clueless
MIM-104 Patriot doesn't have that kind of range.

Since: Mar 10

Istanbul, Turkey

#29 Nov 20, 2012
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless
There is 3 options...

1-incirlik Air Base is located about 7.5 miles east of Adana-Turkey...Shahap-3 ballistic missiles have a 1300 km range..Iran may target incirlik air base.

2-Or iran may target NATO's missile defense shield in Turkey !

3-iran missles may be able to hit USA by 2020

Istanbul, Turkey

#30 Nov 20, 2012
Syria is only an excuse.

Istanbul, Turkey

#31 Nov 20, 2012
An early warning radar system deployed in the eastern Turkey..Radar system serving to protect israel!
i beleive Patriots could guarantee protection of the NATO's missile defense shield from Iran missles..
George

Red Deer, Canada

#32 Nov 20, 2012
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless
They just do not get it, these are not long range missiles but are very accurate. Turkey is not interested in killing civilians only the people firing into Turkey, as far as Israel, well Turkey and Israel are allies so if Syria fires on Israel then Turkey has another option for helping Israel. Israel and Egypt are not enemies either and I believe Egypt is working with Iran to stop to conflict with the Palestinians.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#33 Nov 20, 2012
Alparslan wrote:
An early warning radar system deployed in the eastern Turkey..Radar system serving to protect israel!
i beleive Patriots could guarantee protection of the NATO's missile defense shield from Iran missles..
And I believe that is exactly how and why it was built
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#34 Nov 20, 2012
Alparslan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is 3 options...
1-incirlik Air Base is located about 7.5 miles east of Adana-Turkey...Shahap-3 ballistic missiles have a 1300 km range..Iran may target incirlik air base.
All possibles however Iran striking Turkey a NATO member would be beyond foolish it would be outright suicide.

Istanbul, Turkey

#35 Nov 20, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe that is exactly how and why it was built
Yes excatly..

Regime change is not real goal of the US and west in Syria.it's called ''balkanization''
KURDO

New York, NY

#36 Nov 20, 2012
Alparslan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is 3 options...
Iran count on Turkish people to defend its Western flanks TGurks the peope will defend Iran....Iran will propbably send token force into Afghan and Iraq ,but will unleash its several million Basij against Suidi Arabia for a quick scorched earth Stricke
Ruben

Ilford, UK

#37 Nov 20, 2012
how realistic that Syria has intention of firing Patriot Rockets into Turkey?

Turkey is warmongering right from start of Syria conflict. this is not first time Turkey asked nato to help.

I think it is all about deepning this conflict and bring Syria conflict into an other level which means intensifying war and more bloodshed.
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#38 Nov 20, 2012
KURDO wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran count on Turkish people to defend its Western flanks TGurks the peope will defend Iran....Iran will propbably send token force into Afghan and Iraq ,but will unleash its several million Basij against Suidi Arabia for a quick scorched earth Stricke
0% chance
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#39 Nov 20, 2012
Ruben wrote:
how realistic that Syria has intention of firing Patriot Rockets into Turkey?
Turkey is warmongering right from start of Syria conflict. this is not first time Turkey asked nato to help.
I think it is all about deepning this conflict and bring Syria conflict into an other level which means intensifying war and more bloodshed.
No chance Syria doesn't have Patriot missiles and they are defensive missile interceptors anyway.
Syria has Scuds.
Try reading a little.
GERKAN MEHTI

Rydalmere, Australia

#40 Nov 22, 2012
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
No chance Syria doesn't have Patriot missiles and they are defensive missile interceptors anyway.
Syria has Scuds.
Try reading a little.
and dont forget the S300 defence system .. they are just as good as the patriot system ..
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#41 Nov 22, 2012
GERKAN MEHTI wrote:
<quoted text>
and dont forget the S300 defence system .. they are just as good as the patriot system ..
Russia halts plans to supply S-300 missile system to Syria.

Russia Today (RT) news.
http://rt.com/news/russia-halts-syria-s300-co...
George

Red Deer, Canada

#42 Nov 22, 2012
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia halts plans to supply S-300 missile system to Syria.
Russia Today (RT) news.
http://rt.com/news/russia-halts-syria-s300-co...
I think syria has some of the S-300 in place now, remember them shooting down the Turkish jet and the comment was that Turkey wanted to see how good their anti-aircraft systems were? But who knows they were also supposed to be used ones not new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
usa threatens to fck turkey 50 min Kneel before Ottoman 5
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 1 hr albz 215
Armenian Genocide Lie - The Documentary That An... 3 hr H u n 17
Turkey would welcome Muslim Brotherhood members... 10 hr Kneel before Ottoman 1
typical corrupt turk 16 hr mr large 2
Turkey, Azerbaijan bound by common history 19 hr Dander 3
Turkish Minister urges Armenia to boost ties, "... 21 hr Dander 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••