2 old armenian women killed in turkey

Posted in the Turkey Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ASALA ANKARA 1982

Rydalmere, Australia

#1 Jan 25, 2013
ISTANBUL—Two elderly Armenian women were attacked in Istanbul’s Samatya district on Jan 22 and 23, less than a month after an 84-year-old Armenian woman was brutally murdered in Istanbul, raising the number of violent attacks against elderly Armenian women to at least four in recent months.

The Jan. 22 attack happened around 5 p.m. when the victim, 83-year-old Sultan Aykar was about to enter her ground-floor apartment. She then saw an intruder, frightened, she fell. The attacker proceeded to kick her. Hearing her screams, neighbors came down, scaring off the masked man, reported Bianet. The neighbors described the attacker as a male between the ages of 35 and 40, with gray hair, and dressed in black. During the attack, Aykar suffered damage to her eye. She has now lost sight in that eye, despite surgery on Jan. 23. The victim’s daughter, Menzar Etik, said her mother did not have any enemies, as she was a quiet woman. Etik did not believe the attacker’s intention was robbery, as the attacker did not attempt to steal her purse, and there was nothing more than a broken TV in her apartment.

Today (Jan. 23), another attack was reported on yet another elderly Armenian woman. This time the attack happened on the street, near the Samatya High School, sources reported. The two assailants ran away. The victim’s was covered with blood. Shortly thereafter, she disappeared. Community members and plainclothes policemen have been unable to find or identify the woman.

The Armenian Weekly could not independently confirm the report on today’s attack.

The Samatya area is home to many Armenians. The community is weary of these attacks, and there are calls for caution have been made.

In recent years, there have been several attacks against Armenians in Turkey. In early December another Armenian woman was attacked and robbed; while months earlier an Armenian woman was attacked by a taxi driver and called an infidel.

On Jan. 6, three assailants tried to kidnap an elderly Armenian woman, according to Turkish sources. The attempt failed.

According to human rights activists, the common thread that runs through all of these crimes is not just their being motivated by hate or being committed in an environment that breeds intolerance against Armenians, but also the efforts of the authorities to play them down and cover them up.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2 Jan 26, 2013
are thee any turks in armenia!!

i think not.
Dander

Sydney, Australia

#3 Jan 26, 2013
champion65 wrote:
are thee any turks in armenia!!
i think not.
Fkhead cyprass
they were all deported in 1988, all 250 000 0f them, overnight.
Unfortunately there were some 200 casualties during the operation.
TRUTHlover

Sydney, Australia

#4 Jan 26, 2013
Dander wrote:
<quoted text>Fkhead cyprass
what means your comrades are in no way better than the Turks ...
fortunate or unfortunate ....
cheers,
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#5 Jan 26, 2013
i condemn such a attack especially for older people whatever his o her religion or race.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Dander wrote:
dumfuq 2x4

why were they deported why were there causalities
Dander

Sydney, Australia

#7 Jan 26, 2013
champion65 wrote:
<quoted text>
dumfuq 2x4
why were they deported why were there causalities
Idiot Cyprass
Because their brothers started pogroms against Armenians, trying to repeat another 1915, this time in USSR Azerbayjan.
They behaved like typical IT remnant genocidal turks but ended up losing Karabagh as well.
Now TR uses Karabagh as a shield to stay away from facing the Armenian problem.
kirk

UK

#8 Jan 26, 2013
All Armenians living in turky must leave there as soon as they can.
ASALA ANKARA 1982

Rydalmere, Australia

#9 Jan 26, 2013
el salvador wrote:
i condemn such a attack especially for older people whatever his o her religion or race.
thanks el-salvador really appreciate that .. about time we heard morals on this page

Location hidden

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Dander wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot Cyprass
Because their brothers started pogroms against Armenians, trying to repeat another 1915, this time in USSR Azerbayjan.
They behaved like typical IT remnant genocidal turks but ended up losing Karabagh as well.
dumbass 2x4 what problems !!!there are no (armenin problems )at least not with turks !other than the ones armenians claim there are yet refuse to take to a world court !!

pezevenk why haven't your bastard diaspora gone to some humanitarian human rights courts or world court of human rights and get it ratified and cemented instead of rambling a load of bolloxx
Dander

Sydney, Australia

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Fkhead cyprass
to say "turks have no problems with Armenians" means another denial.
It is like, saying "turks have no problems with Kurds"
kirk

UK

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Turkey is a very dangerous country for foreigners specialy Armenians,some people who visited turky as a turist dont know what is going on behind some luxtury buildings in istanbul and rest of country.they just act like a democratic country but there is a strong mafia between govermant and criminal groups to kill jurnalists and even minorities like kurda and Armenins.So I would advise all Armenins living in turkey to leave there as soon as they can if they go to Pakistan or Afganistan they will be safer then turkey.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Dander wrote:
still 198 to go

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#14 Jan 27, 2013
el salvador wrote:
True man , I am trying to convince armenians that turks love them , its just the way Turks joke sometimes turns rough .
Dander

Sydney, Australia

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
still 198 to go
Fkhead BOZUK,
I can see your tail between your legs.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Dander wrote:
<quoted text>Fkhead BOZUK,
I can see your tail between your legs.
what bozuk , bro peace and love just like how jesus the lord taught us amen .

if jesus was alive he would have done more than what enver pasha did , its just to show compassion and love to the great armenian nation .
Dander

Sydney, Australia

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
what bozuk , bro peace and love just like how jesus the lord taught us amen .
if jesus was alive he would have done more than what enver pasha did , its just to show compassion and love to the great armenian nation .
BOZUK turk
That is why your IT Enver died like a dog fighting a fake jihad on Afghani mountains.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 28, 2013
Dander wrote:
Fkhead cyprass
to say "turks have no problems with Armenians" means another denial.
It is like, saying "turks have no problems with Kurds"
esol esek 2x4

as i said Turks don't have the problems its the armeniasn that have the problems with Turks.

as i said stupid 2x4, turks don't have the probs
TRUTHlover

Sydney, Australia

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Dander wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot Cyprass
Then please advise us ..... how many Armenians were slaughtered by the Azeri’s (without that the Central USSR government intervened as well as without that no information exist about such an Azeri intention/event)... and the Armenians took the decision from one day to the other to deport all Turks from "Armenia" ??????
What a BS justification ....
But of course when the Armo's do it / did it ..... It is / was fine .... when during a SURVIVAL WAR .... the entire World against it .... the Ottomans had to do it .... it was a genocide ....
The Armos are/were, like always, the angles ....
The Turks the devils .....
Well for my part .... I stay with the Turks .... because I know they were not better NOR worse than the Armenians during these times .... with the only difference that they held on .... and at the end succeed ... where the Armenians gave up and lost ....
Bloody Armenian whingers ..
Cheers,
turkOnMyDick

Athens, Greece

#20 Jan 28, 2013
«If you see us as Turks, you make a big mistake. We have nothing to be called Turkish, what we have is taken from the Greeks. Even the name of my son, Efe, is Greek”.
Turgut Ozal
Turkey in Europe and Europe in Turkey by Turgut Ozal (Paperback - 1991)
ISBN-13: 978-9963565146

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United Front Against Turkey?: Top Cypriot Legis... 20 min greek 155
Ataturk in the Nazi Imagination 36 min Dander 9
Biden briefs Anastasiades about talks in Istanbul 1 hr Dander 2
Turkey moves to save 300 Uighurs from China 2 hr Dander 2
Should I be concerned about a trip to Turkey in... 2 hr The return of Ott... 2
Why Turks Don't Belong in Europe 2 hr entatiki 40
Turkey, US ease strains on Islamic State but di... 3 hr Dander 1

Turkey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE