The rise of Turkey in the Balkans

The rise of Turkey in the Balkans

There are 132869 comments on the SETimes news story from Jul 11, 2011, titled The rise of Turkey in the Balkans. In it, SETimes news reports that:

Turkey has played a moderator role between Serbia and the tripartite BiH presidency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SETimes news.

el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#137325 Sep 4, 2013
sujuk wrote:
alawites and alevis...groups of turks and syrians nobody heard of before are now all of a sudden being hated by most peoples on earth thanks to assad and putin
the problem with the sunni muslims is just that some of them are hardcore terrorists that fight for islamic state...who are very difficult for us to side with
I am sunni muslim too Did you see any bakckwarded or hardcore idea from me?

“Aposkotison me!”

Since: Jan 11

Athina

#137326 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid the whole is "suni" idea is backward and hardcore.

The people who execute raped girls as criminals are Suni muslims.

Even if you would find that a crime you cannot deny that most Sunni Muslims would say that executing a raped girl is the right thing.
john

Miami, FL

#137327 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey is part of Europe and a secular society...where faith is taken seriously but considered a private matter by the majority.

There are tensions btw sunnis and shiites in Turkey...but not that much as most Turks are democratic thinking people that respect you as long as you respect your country...

Syria is a bizarre case with alawite elite minority of 12% killing the majority of the population, the sunnies with chemicals. The French, the Russians and the Iranians created this monster of a regime.
john

Miami, FL

#137328 Sep 4, 2013
in a way, Turks need to be grateful their country aint another middle eastern dictatorship and not give it up
Bronzilla

Náousa, Greece

#137329 Sep 4, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no way to avoid this no matter how many chemicals turdey supply the islamist

http://www.themebeta.com/sites/default/files/...
rebel yel

Corfu, Greece

#137330 Sep 4, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey is part of Europe and a secular society...where faith is taken seriously but considered a private matter by the majority.
There are tensions btw sunnis and shiites in Turkey...but not that much as most Turks are democratic thinking people that respect you as long as you respect your country...
Syria is a bizarre case with alawite elite minority of 12% killing the majority of the population, the sunnies with chemicals. The French, the Russians and the Iranians created this monster of a regime.
almost all the above are wrong
- "Turkey is part of Europe"
yes, sure...if Mongolia is part of Europe
- "a secular society...where faith is taken seriously but considered a private matter by the majority".
AND THEN THE UPSIDE DOWN...
"There are tensions btw sunnis and shiites in Turkey"
logiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic?
- "as most Turks are democratic thinking people that respect you" yes, sure...more democratic and you'll die in a white cell
- "Syria is a bizarre case with alawite elite minority of 12% killing the majority of the population, the sunnies with chemicals"
any proof? nop...just bed time stories and provocations from fanatic islam terrorists who kill inocent Syrian people.
the only bizarre here is you...Leave Syria alone, Islamofascist!
-"French, the Russians and the Iranians created this monster of a regime".
who created turdey?- THE ONLY STATE THAT HAS NO HISTORY, BUT JUST CRIMINAL RECORD.
pal, you don't speak to morons
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137331 Sep 4, 2013
Kurdish Battles in Syria Raise turdish Fears

By Selcan Hacaoglu - Sep 3, 2013 11:31 PM ET

Seyfettin Ibek, a turdish Kurd living on the border with Syria, is daring to dream again.

The 50-year-old is hoping the toppling of President Bashar al-Assad will help add to the gains his people have made in recent years. Kurds, among the largest ethnic groups without a state, control energy-rich northern Iraq while in turdey theyre in talks with the government to widen rights and end fighting by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK.

From the depths of my heart, I see the light of a Western Kurdistan in Syria, said Ibek, sitting in the courtyard of his house in turdey facing Ras al-Ain, the Syrian town Kurds fought to control in July. There is no way to reverse this. All Kurds will eventually win autonomy, including in turdey.

As the U.S. considers strikes against the Syrian government and decides which anti-regime forces to back, an escalation in the 2 ½ year conflict is putting turdey on alert over its biggest ethnic minority. The government is concerned that power gains in Syria is fueling aspirations of its own Kurds for self-rule that goes beyond what Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is ready to offer under the PKK peace process.

I dont think we have reached a place where Syria is likely to be a divided entity, Ayham Kamel, a Middle East analyst at the Eurasia Group in London, said by e-mail. But Kurdish autonomy in northern Syria is increasingly likely.
Fighting Militants

Kurds number about 30 million in turdey,,,,,
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137332 Sep 4, 2013
....Syrian fighters and snipers from the PKK have arrived in Ras al-Ain with their rifles, said Ibrahim Ince, 49, a turdish Arab from Ceylanpinar. Arab fighters are now gathering in Tal Halaf, a town close to Ras al-Ain.

Many non-Kurds say theyre concerned by the prospect that the group will gain the upper hand in the region.

Murat Karahan, an ethnic turdmen resident of Ceylanpinar, left his kebab stand in the street to discuss such a sensitive subject inside his small restaurant. Unfortunately, I see that a Kurdish autonomy is possible on the other side, Karahan said. That would be a disaster for us.

For Ibek, the Kurd sitting in his courtyard, the violence on his doorstep only makes him more convinced now is the time to push for more power for his people in turdey.

Even if our house is destroyed to the ground, we will not leave our land, said Ibek. Western Kurdistan is being formed in front of my eyes. Today is the day of the Kurds.

To contact the reporter on this story: Selcan Hacaoglu in Ankara at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Andrew J. Barden at [email protected]
Sajit

Athens, Greece

#137333 Sep 4, 2013
Bronzilla wrote:
Kurdish Battles in Syria Raise turdish Fears
By Selcan Hacaoglu - Sep 3, 2013 11:31 PM ET
Seyfettin Ibek, a turdish Kurd living on the border with Syria, is daring to dream again.
The 50-year-old is hoping the toppling of President Bashar al-Assad will help add to the gains his people have made in recent years. Kurds, among the largest ethnic groups without a state, control energy-rich northern Iraq while in turdey theyre in talks with the government to widen rights and end fighting by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK.
From the depths of my heart, I see the light of a Western Kurdistan in Syria, said Ibek, sitting in the courtyard of his house in turdey facing Ras al-Ain, the Syrian town Kurds fought to control in July. There is no way to reverse this. All Kurds will eventually win autonomy, including in turdey.
As the U.S. considers strikes against the Syrian government and decides which anti-regime forces to back, an escalation in the 2 ½ year conflict is putting turdey on alert over its biggest ethnic minority. The government is concerned that power gains in Syria is fueling aspirations of its own Kurds for self-rule that goes beyond what Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is ready to offer under the PKK peace process.
I dont think we have reached a place where Syria is likely to be a divided entity, Ayham Kamel, a Middle East analyst at the Eurasia Group in London, said by e-mail. But Kurdish autonomy in northern Syria is increasingly likely.
Fighting Militants
Kurds number about 30 million in turdey,,,,,
You are confused in the head.
rebel yel

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137334 Sep 4, 2013
Sajit wrote:
<quoted text>
giati to les ayto gia ton adelfo moy, re malaka?
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137335 Sep 4, 2013
Sajit wrote:
<quoted text>
To contact the reporter on this story: Selcan Hacaoglu in Ankara at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Andrew J. Barden at [email protected]
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#137336 Sep 4, 2013
i loath fanatical s.o.b's i can not kill people personally or can not harm nature or animals, this is my philosophy unlike me religious people kill for god.
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137337 Sep 4, 2013
rebel yel wrote:
<quoted text>
geia ke se sena bro!

poli busy lately re gamo, mono kamoia ora to vradi kataferno kai rixno kana bineliki stous moggolous...
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137338 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
i loath fanatical s.o.b's i can not kill people personally or can not harm nature or animals, this is my philosophy unlike me religious people kill for god.
are you Kurd? Pontian ?
Return of Pan

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137339 Sep 4, 2013
Bronzilla wrote:
<quoted text>
geia ke se sena bro!
poli busy lately re gamo, mono kamoia ora to vradi kataferno kai rixno kana bineliki stous moggolous...
dwse pono -)
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#137340 Sep 4, 2013
Bronzilla wrote:
<quoted text>
are you Kurd? Pontian ?
i am your real father (a Turk) if you dont believe in me ask your momy!!
Return of Pan

Corfu, Greece

#137341 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
hello my girlfiend

"There is undoubtedly no other nation in Turkey being so independent and having protected its language and blood from intermixing with other nations as much as the Greek one"

Ewald Banse "Die Turken und wir" 1917
now
play with barbi dolls, not with history
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137342 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
how is that possible when Greeks [email protected] all this people (400 turd families included) till China for thousands of years?

look

this is you right now (I SAY RIGHT NOW!)

http://cdn02.komikler.com/k/res/2005/03/20050...

pl tell me, you believe what you say ?:)))))
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137343 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
after the war, we will see how many are the 'turds' ;))))
Bronzilla

Thessaloníki, Greece

#137344 Sep 4, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
Russian FM report, official 2 minutes ago

turd islamist use the chemicals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
turkish army pisses pants in al bab Tue Mkz6 2
Why Turkish men fall so easily in love with Bri... (Mar '10) Tue Mean Spirits 102
How Turk were Sumerians? (Nov '08) Tue Mkz6 60
turks tell erdogan you buy liras Tue mr large 1
kurds show cowardly turks how to fight Jan 17 mr large 1
News Turkish Airlines to launch Boston-Istanbul flig... (Jul '13) Jan 14 bedava sat 58
Why do Turkish women love Arab men? (Oct '11) Jan 12 Koko 68
More from around the web