Syria: A Multi-Sided Chess game

Apr 2, 2013 Full story: OpEdNews 31

In some ways the Syrian civil war resembles a proxy chess match between supporters of the Bashar al-Assad regime-- Iran, Iraq, Russia and China -- and its opponents -- Turkey, the oil monarchies, the U.S., Britain and France.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Red East

Barrigada, Guam

#1 Apr 2, 2013
The articles is so so. Didn't discuss at all Russia and very little about Iran. Nonetheless, the conclusion is correct: If the West takes out Assad (and I hope he withstands this evil wind), Syria will not be western friendly, and all that they have done is destroy a country for 25 years.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Red East wrote:
The articles is so so. Didn't discuss at all Russia and very little about Iran. Nonetheless, the conclusion is correct: If the West takes out Assad (and I hope he withstands this evil wind), Syria will not be western friendly, and all that they have done is destroy a country for 25 years.
Given the actions of first the British and French, and then the United States and Israel in the Mid East, no democratic Arab nation is likely to be "western Friendly" for a very long time. How can anyone expect Arab people to be friendly to western people who do not respect them or care about the suffering the west has caused and is still causing in the Mid East?

Unfortunately Assad doesn't seem to care about the Syrian people. His attitude is typified by destroying poor peoples homes with the people in them and dropping cluster bombs on playgrounds full of children.

If outside military forces simply oust Assad we will have a terrible mess. As things stand, with Syria full of foreign Jihadis, we also have a terrible mess. I don't know what the answer is. That will take the sort of careful planning and putting foreign hidden agendas aside that I do not really expect to happen.

I'm not at all sure who cares about the Syrian people, but, I would trust the Turks over any of the others. At least they know the Syrian people.
Comment

Syria

#3 Apr 3, 2013
The play will end when all are burnt...that is the plot aim against Syria
George

Red Deer, Canada

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Comment wrote:
If you did live in Syria, then you would see who is doing al the damage.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Comment wrote:
I hope not. There is already too much suffering.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 3, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
If you did live in Syria, then you would see who is doing al the damage.
Isn't that almost all the fighting men? Even when a married man is just killed, this deprives his wife and children. I understand people want a better life and some thing are worth dying for. Still the innocent people get hurt badly.
NEODEATHCON1

UK

#7 Apr 3, 2013
All along certain pro-war, pro-human suffering amongst us told us this was an uprising of the "Syrian People". Of course they were unable to define what they meant by this.
People like me insisted, all along, that this was a Western backed insurgency to remove Assad with little support from the actual "Syrian people".
The pro-war fanatics derided this demanding links and evidence.
Now the links and evidence are everywhere they simply ty to ignore ther denials from before and rejustify their position. And they always will, because their actual position is the same as the position of the evil men who have pushed the Syria agenda from day 1: they place human suffering below their requirement for material and political gain.
They just dont have the guts to admit it.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 3, 2013
NEODEATHCON1 wrote:
All along certain pro-war, pro-human suffering amongst us told us this was an uprising of the "Syrian People". Of course they were unable to define what they meant by this.
People like me insisted, all along, that this was a Western backed insurgency to remove Assad with little support from the actual "Syrian people".
Now the links and evidence are everywhere they simply ty to ignore ther denials from before and rejustify their position. And they always will, because their actual position is the same as the position of the evil men who have pushed the Syria agenda from day 1: they place human suffering below their requirement for material and political gain.
I simply do not know. We usually find out the real reasons for wars long after they are over. I will reserve my opinion until there is hard evidence. I agree that the games nations play are often horrendous.

I can't see what the West has to gain. If the people gain control, they will not be pro western for a long time, if ever.
rtloder

Wentworthville, Australia

#9 Apr 3, 2013
NEODEATHCON1 wrote:

That's true the proof is everywhere but most people are ignorant.
The coordinators of the Syrian calamity
are people like George; Avenger and Gettogrips they are not ignorant and neither are they paying demonstrators or smuggling weapons they are coordinating the conspiracy as the middle men in a business.
Getting the product to the market
the market is of course the ignorant
That's how it used to be.
Because of the Heroic Stand of Libya and Syria the mould has been broken
Other factors come into it too like finance Russia BRICS Korea Climate Change and the inability to collapse resource and primary industry receipts in order to vacillate economic recovery.
Even so this is the end of unipolar now we are bipolar again and without the bogey man of Communism to handicap opposition to Neo Colonialism.
Thanks to the Syrian Army this is the dawning of a new epoch where Muslims become the Chosen leading Allah's Ordination.
The Syrian Army is the Army of God.
Carlos

New York, NY

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Just remove Assad, and everything's over.
rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Filipsamovich wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply do not know. We usually find out the real reasons for wars long after they are over. I will reserve my opinion until there is hard evidence. I agree that the games nations play are often horrendous.
I can't see what the West has to gain. If the people gain control, they will not be pro western for a long time, if ever.

Notice all the Nations that are seeking to destroy Syria are the old Colonial Powers.
They were like the economic Super powers of the past two centuries.
North America France including Belgium and Britain.
They are struggling to regain and maintain the Free everything for their
Aristocratic Parasites.
But don't forget when Queen Victoria ruled the Civilized world Britain was the wealthiest and its workers wore rags children were sent down the mines naked.
Literally.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 3, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice all the Nations that are seeking to destroy Syria are the old Colonial Powers.
They were like the economic Super powers of the past two centuries.
North America France including Belgium and Britain.
They are struggling to regain and maintain the Free everything for their
Aristocratic Parasites.
But don't forget when Queen Victoria ruled the Civilized world Britain was the wealthiest and its workers wore rags children were sent down the mines naked.
Literally.
I agree with you about colonial powers, of course don't forget the new colonial power, the US. I always thought members of colonial powers were arrogant azzes and now I are one.

I'm just not sure how the hidden agendas are working. We know they exist because they always exist in international politics. What I know of the current ones does not make any sense to me.
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Filipsamovich wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the actions of first the British and French, and then the United States and Israel in the Mid East, no democratic Arab nation is likely to be "western Friendly" for a very long time. How can anyone expect Arab people to be friendly to western people who do not respect them or care about the suffering the west has caused and is still causing in the Mid East?
Unfortunately Assad doesn't seem to care about the Syrian people. His attitude is typified by destroying poor peoples homes with the people in them and dropping cluster bombs on playgrounds full of children.
If outside military forces simply oust Assad we will have a terrible mess. As things stand, with Syria full of foreign Jihadis, we also have a terrible mess. I don't know what the answer is. That will take the sort of careful planning and putting foreign hidden agendas aside that I do not really expect to happen.
I'm not at all sure who cares about the Syrian people, but, I would trust the Turks over any of the others. At least they know the Syrian people.
Trust the Turks,you'r having a laugh,they are the ones organizing the Terror.
good grief

United States

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Filipsamovich wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this crap?

Location hidden

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Either that or they're trying to end it. Oh, I must have forgotten the Turks are the 'Evil Empire.'

The first thing you learn if you have ever had anything to do with intelligence agencies is that you don't know sh-t. Who do you guys work for; CIA, MI5 or the Mossad?

Location hidden

#16 Apr 3, 2013
good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this crap?
Do you really expect me to trust you as a news source? You want what? ROTFLOL HA! HA! HA!

Location hidden

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
I am touched by your concern for Arab people. Maybe the UK can help some more with something like another Sykes-Picot agreement. And by all means, do not forget "the White Man's Burden."

cheers

Since: Mar 10

Istanbul, Turkey

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Carlos wrote:
Just remove Assad, and everything's over.
iraq is much worse than Saddam days now.
rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Filipsamovich wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you about colonial powers, of course don't forget the new colonial power, the US. I always thought members of colonial powers were arrogant azzes and now I are one.
I'm just not sure how the hidden agendas are working. We know they exist because they always exist in international politics. What I know of the current ones does not make any sense to me.

There is a lot of people like you who have always believed we had the white hats and the enemy had black.
To understand it you have to understand a bit about religious relationship to Terrorism.
The terrorist is the vengeance of Allah.
However Allah is just
He did not Create the Terrorist
The re-establishment of Israel without Prophetic Sanction did.(Terror as a ideological doctrine is historically sourced from that event).
So the West created Israel Allah sides them together by plotting and scheming.
That's why they are overtly on the Washington payroll.
About the future the west will double deal for a long time .
Probably long after the announcement that Christ is here. But that will put fat in the fire.

Location hidden

#20 Apr 3, 2013
Alparslan wrote:
<quoted text>
iraq is much worse than Saddam days now.
I totally agree with you, and just removing Assad is too simplistic a solution. There are big questions about what you do with all the foreign Jihadi's. They will be a problem where ever they go. Then, of course, there's the Syrian peoples future. Western nations don't want anything like democracy when the people don't want what the westerners do. And the longer this goes on, the more the Syrian people get killed and maimed. Are we having fun yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Kannibaal? 6 min Kannibaal M 39
Erdogan invites Armenian leader to join Gallipo... 13 min Dander 188
Poor Kannibaal 18 min CRN 18
Turkey Scrambles to Undo - Mistaken' Publicatio... 19 min Dander 4
Turkish President points out new project to bui... 24 min Somxa 4
Does racist pig Kanibaal M give an idea of what... 2 hr Kannibaal M 10
Is islam actually nazism for the racially infer... 10 hr tippo tip 0
More from around the web