Disappointing Friends and Allies

There are 7 comments on the The Weekly Standard story from Nov 17, 2012, titled Disappointing Friends and Allies. In it, The Weekly Standard reports that:

The Weekly Standard reserves the right to use your email for internal use only. Occasionally, we may send you special offers or communications from carefully selected advertisers we believe may be of benefit to our subscribers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Weekly Standard.

Syrian

New London, CT

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Excellent article! The American public does not want the US to be involved in Syria, or the Middle East in general! The US military just informed Obama that the US would need at least 75,000 troops in Syria if they had any hope of containing Syria's chemical and biological WMD arsenal, and just the mere introduction of foreign forces in Syria could cause Assad to unleash those WMDs!!
Oliver Comwell

Preston, UK

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Syrian wrote:
Excellent article! The American public does not want the US to be involved in Syria, or the Middle East in general! The US military just informed Obama that the US would need at least 75,000 troops in Syria if they had any hope of containing Syria's chemical and biological WMD arsenal, and just the mere introduction of foreign forces in Syria could cause Assad to unleash those WMDs!!
That should concentrate a few minds in Washington,i hope Assad makes it clear in the event of a Nato invasion those Chemical weapons would be used,its the ones in Washington who are out of their minds that worry me.
Syrian

New London, CT

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Oliver Comwell wrote:
<quoted text>
That should concentrate a few minds in Washington,i hope Assad makes it clear in the event of a Nato invasion those Chemical weapons would be used,its the ones in Washington who are out of their minds that worry me.
Didn't Assad say that those weapons were actually meant to defend against an attack by foreign forces?
Professor Ayreshire

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Nov 17, 2012
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't Assad say that those weapons were actually meant to defend against an attack by foreign forces?
Hardly, since your hero and employer Assad has murdered over 30,000 of his OWN people!! Get a clue clown!
Professor Ayreshire

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Oliver Comwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Educated Folks! Always Remember "And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!!" I always find these imbecilic egotistical nutjobs give themselves names like scumbag LYING nutjobs "Olivia Crumwell"; "The PROPHET"; "BLACK MAGICAL CLOWN"; "Lil' Joey Northern Liar Seeker"; "LIAR BEATS HIMSELF SILLY ALIAS UNREALITY NUTJOB ALIAS WAR MONGER"; "Syrian Assad Asswiper"; "Reality Check"; "un-Reality is always best"; "The Professor'; "Truth"; The Prophet"; "The Observer" are deranged uneducated low IQ Brainwashed Low Life Nut Cases! They are on some big huge ego trip all the time and think nobody notices their ignorance! It's obvious the clowns have never had any formal education what-so-ever but like to think they have! Everything they post is always 180 degrees off what a normal educated person would think, believe and understand! There is never any rational thinking and researching facts is out of the question as it never crosses their little pea brain in their little world of make believe! It's a sad situation as these clowns go around making themselves look like complete fools and imbeciles every time they post something! THEY NEED MENTAL HELP AND SOUND LIKE RAVING LUNATICS!!
George

Red Deer, Canada

#6 Nov 17, 2012
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't Assad say that those weapons were actually meant to defend against an attack by foreign forces?
He also said the weapons and ammunition from Russia, China and Iran was for the same purpose but so far as used almost all of them on his own citizens, so why would anyone trust his word any longer. Assad would not have time to fart, should he make an attempt to release chemical or biological weapons, there are many countries with eyes on the piles and should that happen i believe it would take about 2 seconds to release the end to Syria and Assad.
Syrian

New London, CT

#7 Nov 17, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said the weapons and ammunition from Russia, China and Iran was for the same purpose but so far as used almost all of them on his own citizens, so why would anyone trust his word any longer. Assad would not have time to fart, should he make an attempt to release chemical or biological weapons, there are many countries with eyes on the piles and should that happen i believe it would take about 2 seconds to release the end to Syria and Assad.
Assad could take out the entire region with those biological and chemical WMDs if foreign forces ever attempted to invade Syria, just as any nation would use every weapon at their disposal to defend against an invading enemy. Self preservation is the most powerful of all instincts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey's Top Muslim Cleric Calls Pope Francis "... 6 hr Chuck 40
ANKARA: Turkey Returns European Parliament's 'G... 13 hr Ricardo 1
Turkish Allies Murder 300 More Yazidis 15 hr Chuck 1
Turkey prepares to celebrate anniversary of Can... Sat james 3
News The rise of Turkey in the Balkans (Jul '11) Fri DaniEl 132,893
Armenian Genocide is the BIGGEST LIE of the Ce... May 1 Rochaus 7
News A food lover's tour of Istanbul, Turkey - Trave... (Oct '08) May 1 Metis Travel 67
More from around the web