Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

most people would think that the poorest nations in the world, those with the highest poverty levels and the greatest governance problems are located in Africa, that is a fallacy.Tonga, and nations in the Pacific leading the race to be declared the worst world's region for corruption and poverty.
Tonga, on a pro rata basis, according to the UN is the world's worst for extreme poverty and hunger,a decaying and corrupt primary education for our young children, and gender inequality and the dis-empowerment of women, increasing child mortality rates, increasing maternal health crisis, increasing mosquito borne diseases, the destruction of the environment, the destruction of endangered species, government corruption, corruption with foreign aid, and the list goes on....
what can we do about it?
We must stand together men and women of character and overthrow this degenerate obscene government who are only interested on feasting on the money and goods of the underclass.
We must have an insurrection, it must be today
Helpful

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Wow reading that actually quite scared me. I have never been to Tonga and am planning on visiting early next year. I have never heard anything about poverty in Tonga nor have I heard many of these other things. I am a Proud Tongan, and I am very disappointed to agree with you on the part about the corrupt government. I have been hearing things that Tonga is in a $5million dollar debt to China since the 2009 riots and is currently still. It's been almost 3years since the riots and yet nothing has changed. I am 100% agreeing with you on this boruone77
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
most people would think that the poorest nations in the world, those with the highest poverty levels and the greatest governance problems are located in Africa, that is a fallacy.Tonga, and nations in the Pacific leading the race to be declared the worst world's region for corruption and poverty.
Tonga, on a pro rata basis, according to the UN is the world's worst for extreme poverty and hunger,a decaying and corrupt primary education for our young children, and gender inequality and the dis-empowerment of women, increasing child mortality rates, increasing maternal health crisis, increasing mosquito borne diseases, the destruction of the environment, the destruction of endangered species, government corruption, corruption with foreign aid, and the list goes on....
what can we do about it?
We must stand together men and women of character and overthrow this degenerate obscene government who are only interested on feasting on the money and goods of the underclass.
Can you show us the statistics/article to back up your claim?
Sione Mafi

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
what can we do about it?
You sounds like a temo idiot! borutefaelu!
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Sione Mafi wrote:
<quoted text>
You sounds like a temo idiot! borutefaelu!
Notice his profile pic? Where in Tonga has that type of thing ever happened? Weird stuff.
Halataufa

Lake Heights, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

im totally agree with you boruone, Tonga is a small country (corrupt)but they got loans all over the world but nothing happening in Tonga still the same old what a shame.
Poly KING

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

'oua temou to he ngutu 'a boruone. 'oku 'ikai koe Tonga ia, pea 'oku poto he fk.anga'i kae hala he founga solova e palopalema.
Intellect

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Poly KING wrote:
'oua temou to he ngutu 'a boruone.'oku 'ikai koe Tonga ia, pea 'oku poto he fk.anga'i kae hala he founga solova e palopalema.
I agree.
Thermometer

Granville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Poly KING wrote:
'oua temou to he ngutu 'a boruone.'oku 'ikai koe Tonga ia, pea 'oku poto he fk.anga'i kae hala he founga solova e palopalema.
Koe palangi tevolo :D

“Fight For Democracy in Tonga!!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Thermometer wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show us the statistics/article to back up your claim?
It's a paper written by an academic from Monash University in Melbourne Australia

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Thermometer wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice his profile pic? Where in Tonga has that type of thing ever happened? Weird stuff.
Listen, it's happening every day ,you just don't open your eyes. The people and the children don't die with blood in the streets, they silently die from disease and neglect,inadequate medical care, and the looting of the State Treasury, that deprives the people, the young ,the disabled and elderly from having the basic medical care that our citizens should demand
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a paper written by an academic from Monash University in Melbourne Australia
Ok - Your thoughts on this:

King Officially Opens New Modern Hospital In Tonga
Final $23.1 million phase funded by Japan
NUKU‘ALOFA, Tonga (Matangi Tonga, May 4, 2012)– King Tupou VI proudly opened the Vaiola Hospital's building, built under a $40 million pa'anga (US$23.1 million) final phase redevelopment, with assistance from Japan, that has given the people of Tonga a hospital facility of an international standard.

http://pidp.eastwestcenter.org/pireport/2012/...

^
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, it's happening every day ,you just don't open your eyes. The people and the children don't die with blood in the streets, they silently die from disease and neglect,inadequate medical care, and the looting of the State Treasury, that deprives the people, the young ,the disabled and elderly from having the basic medical care that our citizens should demand
Tongas health 2012 article:

Caring' has become the fundamental focus of this year's driving force for the Conference, according to the President of the Tongan Nurses Associations of Australia,‘Ana V. Lolohea.

Improving the health of the Tongan people remains one of the top priorities of the Government's key objectives, through its provision of upgraded infrastructure, information and equipment to improve the communities' lifestyles choices and health care services. Tonga's nurses are at the frontiers of providing such service and care.

The Conference is from May 30 - June 1. It has the key objectives to identify areas of need, learning opportunities and career pathways for future projects; promoting caring through better practices and understanding of the essence of being a nurse. More importantly, this bi-annual Conference continues to build solidarity and networking among Tongan Nurses.

During the three-day conference, various notable speakers from the respected field of nursing delivered strong messages of the essence of caring for better health outcomes. These speakers included Mary Chiarella, Professor of Nursing from the University of Sydney; Vicki Wade, Director of Aboriginal Health from the National Heart Foundation of Australia; and the first Tongan recipient of the New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) and head of the Tongan Nurses Association of New Zealand, Mrs.‘Eseta Finau.

http://www.pmo.gov.to/news-today/press-releas...

Your thoughts on this too ^

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Thermometer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - Your thoughts on this:
King Officially Opens New Modern Hospital In Tonga
Final $23.1 million phase funded by Japan
NUKU‘ALOFA, Tonga (Matangi Tonga, May 4, 2012)– King Tupou VI proudly opened the Vaiola Hospital's building, built under a $40 million pa'anga (US$23.1 million) final phase redevelopment, with assistance from Japan, that has given the people of Tonga a hospital facility of an international standard.
http://pidp.eastwestcenter.org/pireport/2012/...
^
And it was only a couple of months ago that the Australian government had to fund more than $5 million Australian to pay for all the teachers and doctors in the entire country.
It looks like you only see what you want to see, you better take off your rose coloured glasses, and see the unvarnished reality the government if you can call it that, that is Looting the State Treasury,and calling upon every Tom Dick and Harry for international aid, to pay for the essential services, that any government would provide.
Yes Japan paid for the hospital, the royal couple had their engagement party in a five-star hotel in Sydney which cost about $45,000 for one night
this wedding what is the cost of that
the Coronation of the last dead king, cost $2.5 million
the last dead king disappeared to Scotland, the day after a ferry sank taking 72 innocent people to their graves.
Can't you see the obvious?
These royal family only stay around when they can use the country as an ATM machine.
The minute the money stops, they will be the first ones to leave

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Thermometer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tongas health 2012 article:
Caring' has become the fundamental focus of this year's driving force for the Conference, according to the President of the Tongan Nurses Associations of Australia,‘Ana V. Lolohea.
Improving the health of the Tongan people remains one of the top priorities of the Government's key objectives, through its provision of upgraded infrastructure, information and equipment to improve the communities' lifestyles choices and health care services. Tonga's nurses are at the frontiers of providing such service and care.
The Conference is from May 30 - June 1. It has the key objectives to identify areas of need, learning opportunities and career pathways for future projects; promoting caring through better practices and understanding of the essence of being a nurse. More importantly, this bi-annual Conference continues to build solidarity and networking among Tongan Nurses.
During the three-day conference, various notable speakers from the respected field of nursing delivered strong messages of the essence of caring for better health outcomes. These speakers included Mary Chiarella, Professor of Nursing from the University of Sydney; Vicki Wade, Director of Aboriginal Health from the National Heart Foundation of Australia; and the first Tongan recipient of the New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) and head of the Tongan Nurses Association of New Zealand, Mrs.‘Eseta Finau.
http://www.pmo.gov.to/news-today/press-releas...
Your thoughts on this too ^
Again, how many young children when they are seriously injured, and need urgent medical care in New Zealand are deprived from receiving a medical evacuation?
There was an article in the paper last year about a four-year-old child who suffered spinal damage and the government would not approve of flying him to a hospital in New Zealand, even though he's prognosis with medical care was excellent. He died an agonising death slowly in an insect ridden, filthy ward.
Why don't you visit these hospital for yourself,?
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>And it was only a couple of months ago that the Australian government had to fund more than $5 million Australian to pay for all the teachers and doctors in the entire country.
It looks like you only see what you want to see, you better take off your rose coloured glasses, and see the unvarnished reality the government if you can call it that, that is Looting the State Treasury,and calling upon every Tom Dick and Harry for international aid, to pay for the essential services, that any government would provide.
Yes Japan paid for the hospital, the royal couple had their engagement party in a five-star hotel in Sydney which cost about $45,000 for one night
the last dead king disappeared to Scotland, the day after a ferry sank taking 72 innocent people to their graves.
These royal family only stay around when they can use the country as an ATM machine.
Im not sure if youre tongan if you are sorry for accusing you of not being one. My thoughts on the govt, health issues & the royal family is not biased & I dont rely on what I think I see either.

And what is the deal with your profile anyway is that some political statement or something?
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, how many young children when they are seriously injured, and need urgent medical care in New Zealand are deprived from receiving a medical evacuation?
There was an article in the paper last year about a four-year-old child who suffered spinal damage and the government would not approve of flying him to a hospital in New Zealand, even though he's prognosis with medical care was excellent. He died an agonising death slowly in an insect ridden, filthy ward.
Ill answer your question - get back to you on this.
moko

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

bruno tungaiku lafaa feinga ke fuflu ke ma'a
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>And it was only a couple of months ago that the Australian government had to fund more than $5 million Australian to pay for all the teachers and doctors in the entire country.
The royal family have been around for centuries. It makes sense that it will take time for people to come to terms with what they know in the news about the State treasury being mishandled by others in the govt dept. Or whether the royal family are being negligent of peoples finances & the state of Tonga. I dont know what will happen with that.

It depends on the people who they will elect to be in the govt.

As for Royal Contributions to Tonga - All I know is King Tupou (father of the passed King) helped build Tongas Airport during his reign.
Thermometer

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, how many young children when they are seriously injured, and need urgent medical care in New Zealand are deprived from receiving a medical evacuation?
Theres a new hospital now. Is that not some form of improvement? The point is I see some effort being made in working towards improving the situation. There are nurses from Aust & NZ who are working together to see that it changes based on the links I read.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••